(shouting)

An SMWCentral Production: A game about some eggs

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Dollop of Mayo

Re: An SMWCentral Production: A game about some eggs

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

Mineyl wrote:
DancingMad wrote:My point still stands. Bastille = proper noun...
Actually, that's just one possible definition according to dictionary.com:

1. a fortress in Paris, used as a prison, built in the 14th century and destroyed July 14, 1789.
2. any prison or jail, esp. one conducted in a tyrannical way.
3. a fortified tower, as of a castle; a small fortress; citadel.
Ah so it does. Helps to read more than a couple sentences in the Wikipedia article :oops:
The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I really like the boss music. It is very catchy and seems to fit with the bosses.
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

One thing I want to know ffom anyone working on SMWCP 2. Are the worlds' overall themes alrady decided. Like world 1 being a grassland world, world 2 the mountain world etc.? I really like worlds having one particular theme (DKCR is the best example).
Maybe a factory world would be cool since you know, there are really no factory worlds in SMW games and hacks up to now though this would require custom backgrounds from other games.
Another good world theme that hasn't be used in SMW hacks at all would be something like a toy world or an art world...
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
kilon

Post by kilon »

Slit08 wrote:One thing I want to know ffom anyone working on SMWCP 2. Are the worlds' overall themes alrady decided. Like world 1 being a grassland world, world 2 the mountain world etc.? I really like worlds having one particular theme (DKCR is the best example).
Maybe a factory world would be cool since you know, there are really no factory worlds in SMW games and hacks up to now though this would require custom backgrounds from other games.
Another good world theme that hasn't be used in SMW hacks at all would be something like a toy world or an art world...
yes.
But you should go to smwc for all these questions. It's easy enough to find the answers.
Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

Slit08 wrote:One thing I want to know ffom anyone working on SMWCP 2. Are the worlds' overall themes alrady decided. Like world 1 being a grassland world, world 2 the mountain world etc.? I really like worlds having one particular theme (DKCR is the best example).
The whole hack's pretty much themed around factories and the evils within.
Look in the forums if ya wanna know more.
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
FRK

Post by FRK »

Long time no see!

Hahah, "Weezy Neighbor". Actually, "Wieża Niebo" in Polish means "Sky Tower" ("niebo" is either sky or heaven), but it makes no sense! The correct form would be "Wieża w Niebie" (Tower in the Sky) or "Wieża Nieba/Niebios" (Tower of the Sky/Skies) or "Niebiańska Wieża" (Sky Tower).

Also, it's pronounced "Vyezh-ah Nyeb-oh".
McGack

Post by McGack »

well hey at least that Undine boss wasn't nearly as hard as the tales of phantasia one, Ms Party destroyer
Rameau's Nephew

Post by Rameau's Nephew »

McGack wrote:well hey at least that Undine boss wasn't nearly as hard as the tales of phantasia one, Ms Party destroyer
For a moment there I thought you had mistakenly assumed raocow to be a woman and were accusing him of ruining other people's celebrations.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Rameau's Nephew wrote:
McGack wrote:well hey at least that Undine boss wasn't nearly as hard as the tales of phantasia one, Ms Party destroyer
For a moment there I thought you had mistakenly assumed raocow to be a woman and were accusing him of ruining other people's celebrations.
Something we all assume from time to time.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

So am I the only one to not find Phantos that bad? As long as you don't keep putting down your item all the time (which it thankfully seems like raocow has learned since Hyper V), I find their movement rather predictable and not that hard to dodge.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It's more because they were the first enemy that actively chased after you in a Mario, or heck, any game when you're a kid. It can be kind of unnerving to see them. Like I said in the comments, I'm fine with them, but don't give me a fish that gulp you whole. That's my platformer panic enemy.
kilon

Post by kilon »

The 'phantos chase you with everything you pick up' gimmick is really cool. A gimmick that could easily fit in the vips or asmt. If I'm allowed to make this statement
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

My problem with the 'never throw the object around phanto' plan is that after a while phanto builds up a lot of speed and can come careening from just about any angle from off screen!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Rameau's Nephew

Post by Rameau's Nephew »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:So am I the only one to not find Phantos that bad? As long as you don't keep putting down your item all the time (which it thankfully seems like raocow has learned since Hyper V), I find their movement rather predictable and not that hard to dodge.
I think what annoys people about these types of Phantos is that they just seem...off. Putting down your item was precisely the best way to deal with Phantos in the original game--do so, and they fly off screen. The version used in SMW hacks, on the other hand, continues hurtling toward you when you do this, and then stops, still dangerous, in annoying areas (like directly over your item). While keeping your item is indeed the best strategy in such a case, this contradicts the basic instinct people have built up for dealing with this enemy. So you have any enemy which looks, and to a certain degree behaves exactly like one the player is very familiar with, but which needs to be handled in the completely opposite way. It's hardly surprising that people find this disconcerting. It is for precisely this reason that the Koopa Troopa like foes various adaptation of the original, non-super Mario Bros. were replaced with Spinies. Maybe if they were called "Relentless Phantos" or something and used a different graphic it might seem less weird, who knows.

Also, it seems no one can resist the urge to have 12 bajoolion of them chasing you at a time these days.
Kleiner Kokiri

Post by Kleiner Kokiri »

raocow wrote:My problem with the 'never throw the object around phanto' plan is that after a while phanto builds up a lot of speed and can come careening from just about any angle from off screen!
That was probably a dream :lol:
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

raocow wrote:My problem with the 'never throw the object around phanto' plan is that after a while phanto builds up a lot of speed and can come careening from just about any angle from off screen!
I know exactly what you're talking about. They go so fast.
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

Yeah the only bad thing about the Phantos in SMW is the whole "when stopped, will still kill you" angle. If you can make them not kill you in neutral positions that would make things less annoying.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

I think someone (Sonikku?) was working on coding "real" Phantos - as in, ones that go offscreen, ones that follow you through pipes, etc. It would certainly be more interesting to see those in future hacks than these rather outdated ones.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

DancingMad wrote:Yeah the only bad thing about the Phantos in SMW is the whole "when stopped, will still kill you" angle. If you can make them not kill you in neutral positions that would make things less annoying.
Wouldn't it be kinda akward if a phanto was going really fast and just immediately stopped?
kil3

Post by kil3 »

I guess that was the world 6 ASMT ice world boss of SMWCP
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

limepie20 wrote:
DancingMad wrote:Yeah the only bad thing about the Phantos in SMW is the whole "when stopped, will still kill you" angle. If you can make them not kill you in neutral positions that would make things less annoying.
Wouldn't it be kinda akward if a phanto was going really fast and just immediately stopped?
I guess? I'm just talking about a stopped Phanto not harming you like when raocow got stuck a couple times in narrow areas.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I know you were probably joking raocow, but the Polish side of me is wanting to tell you, "It's pronounced 'Pole-ish', as in the North Pole."
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
McGack

Post by McGack »

so far i haven't died on any cloud world level, I don't know why, its like ice physics are my nemesis, not just in Mario either
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

kilon wrote:The 'phantos chase you with everything you pick up' gimmick is really cool. A gimmick that could easily fit in the vips or asmt. If I'm allowed to make this statement
I was actually kinda hoping that the phantos would chase you for picking up everything except the key. Like they were stupid phantos or something.
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

Oracle of Wuffing wrote:
kilon wrote:The 'phantos chase you with everything you pick up' gimmick is really cool. A gimmick that could easily fit in the vips or asmt. If I'm allowed to make this statement
I was actually kinda hoping that the phantos would chase you for picking up everything except the key. Like they were stupid phantos or something.

To be honest, that would be amusing.