(shouting)

Testing and Development: Deadline-one week after comments

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
RomHaxMax

Re: Testing & Development~

Post by RomHaxMax »

level should be done by sunday (hopefully) and ill be asking for testing and bug fixing after
:D
Your Princess is in another castle!
Love Toad
EighteenCharacters

Post by EighteenCharacters »

Forgive our quietness, but at the request of raocow, we are still working on some super difficult ASM coding for our level. This is the level dedicated to DJSecret. I'm helping him with level design and some vanilla aspects of Mario. We are still working on it, but we've not had anything NEW to update to the level as far as design or vanillisim or the like until the Chocolatism of the level is a green light. Right now it's a flashing yellow, but we should know very shortly weather we are to rush to the drawing board, go forward or give up the ghost.

Please message me personally if this post isn't sufficent, as I'm not the project head, but rather a side-kick who happened to have his ear to the ground. Thank you.
TheGuyWhoIsSitting

Post by TheGuyWhoIsSitting »

I'm working on it, I'm trying to gather up everything into a manageable portion. I think what's slowing me down is that I'm doing custom graphics and I need to think the design through a little more with how I want my level to look, then I can get into the layout portion. I still have my ideas for the level it's just the graphics that are slowing me down.
TurboPup

Post by TurboPup »

Yo.
Sorry about kinda disappearing for forever and a half! Phase Out is nearly ready for public testing. Still have a couple things to do, like selecting some custom music, but after I do that and private testing I'll post my level for you guys to give feedback on.
"You are running on bells and whistles right now."
- Husky
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

- Also, the second form of the boss is killed instantly without ending the level with a cape or fireball.

> Thanks for the info, I sent cup a fix for that.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
MajorasMask9

Post by MajorasMask9 »

headsup

My level is still right here. I've admittedly come to a point where it's just tedious to work on my level. I've tried jumping in and bugfixing it now and then, but it's too time-consuming for me at the moment. It's to the point where I might as well just start over from scratch.

I was working on a level for the Winter Level Design Contest at SMWC (which didn't get finished for other reasons). One room in the level followed a very similar concept to my A2MT level, though more in-depth, and it was very easy and a lot of fun putting together. Right now, attempting to fix what I have would be a waste of time due to how it was put together. Starting over would make progress a lot smoother for me. The problem with that is that I'll most likely need to redesign my level and I do not want to do that if possible.

Basically I'm not sure what I want to do with my level and want to take some time to think about whether or not I actually want to finish it or drop it.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

You could always cram both things together, haha~
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

MajorasMask9 wrote:headsup

My level is still right here. I've admittedly come to a point where it's just tedious to work on my level. I've tried jumping in and bugfixing it now and then, but it's too time-consuming for me at the moment. It's to the point where I might as well just start over from scratch.

I was working on a level for the Winter Level Design Contest at SMWC (which didn't get finished for other reasons). One room in the level followed a very similar concept to my A2MT level, though more in-depth, and it was very easy and a lot of fun putting together. Right now, attempting to fix what I have would be a waste of time due to how it was put together. Starting over would make progress a lot smoother for me. The problem with that is that I'll most likely need to redesign my level and I do not want to do that if possible.

Basically I'm not sure what I want to do with my level and want to take some time to think about whether or not I actually want to finish it or drop it.
Tileset is wrong for the Monty Moles, it needs to be grassland tileset I think, or else the mole's "burst out" graphics will mess up.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

MajorasMask: okay, I don't typicaly do this because i want to stay as blind as possible with my role here, and I want to say, I looked at the beginning of your video, and the concept is hilarious! It'd be a shame to see it go.

Though honestly, there's nothing wrong with keeping the level 'short and sweet', if the problem is 'adding' things.
MajorasMask9

Post by MajorasMask9 »

The problem is more on the ASM side rather than the physical level content. Technically I could stop where I have it and it could qualify as a full level. But there are some limitations in SMW that would require a slight workaround.

Rewriting the code from scratch would be a lot more efficient, but I really doubt the end product would match the video, if that makes sense. Like, I don't think it would be as "in-synch" after the edits.

I think what I'll do is try to re-use what I had for my Winter level and see how that goes. I'll come back in a week or so with an update. If it works alright, I should have my level posted in the testing thread very soon.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Rena reporting in (it bites that you guys have a more proper designated "Rena" here, seriously xD).

I just posted this in another thread, but I can basically resummarize. I've been busy blah blah but I've also been brainstorming improvements for my level, and I think I've got a good idea of what I want to do now. I'm definitely not disappearing or anything. If people start getting things done and leaving me in the dust, this girl will be sure to catch up. Promise >.>'
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
MrDeePay

Post by MrDeePay »

Still trimming some fat around from my level's last room, then comes more personal testing.
Duude1991

Post by Duude1991 »

Hi, I still exist. Sorry I've been busy with school and stuff but I hope to more seriously continue on my level in the very near future. I'm about halfway-ish done.
GanonTEK
Evil King
Location: Ireland. The Emerald Isle. (We got no emeralds though)

Post by GanonTEK »

Hi, heads up :)
I'm still working on my level. Busy with college and whatnot.
I havn't much to do. Replacing placeholders and fixing some graphics.
Sorry I havn't updated much.
Patgangster

Post by Patgangster »

Video telling me to give a heads up? Alright then.
I think I finished about 8-9 screens of my level so far.

Complete screenshot of the first 8 screens or so in LM, if anyone wants to see it:
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w172 ... vel11C.png
Kevinskie555

Post by Kevinskie555 »

I need to change the BG and add some stuff, but I'm almost done :3
My hack:
Image ''creator''
Lookie! It's Goofy Bowser Junior
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

Hello

I need to redo a sprite and then I'll try clearing it again.
Negative

Post by Negative »

I have first part of my level done (it should be below), but I have a problem: When I try to make a ips file, it becomes so big that I cant put it on the forums. Any help?
raocow

Post by raocow »

We're apparently having issues with size in the forums, so upload it to something like sendspace if you have to.
Puffy1406

Post by Puffy1406 »

Heads up. the sprite for my level is almost done, once it is I'll be able to finish my level sometime, and submit. :3
RivalNightmare

Post by RivalNightmare »

Just wanna say that I'm still working. Real life is keeping me busy, but I'm still in the "re-make" of the cave.

I hope to be able to show some progress this week.
xjC0n

Post by xjC0n »

I'm working on my level, yes. I have a clear idea of what I want to do with it as well. I have scrapped one of my sublevels and intend to redo it, and I think it's for the best if I redo one of the others I made too.. They felt too ordinary and out of place compared to the rest of the level.

I admit I have been somewhat lazy the last couple of days, but there's been a lot going on too. I think I should have more time on my hands in a few days, though.
æ„›

Twitter: xjakku

Follow and/or add if you wish. ^^
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

I am awaiting an ASM code, and I have yet to make acouple sublevels. One of those reasons is the ASM code. :P

I don't really have much to show right now.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Negative wrote:I have first part of my level done (it should be below), but I have a problem: When I try to make a ips file, it becomes so big that I cant put it on the forums. Any help?
Just put the .IPS into a .zip
7TC7
Squanshy Cat
Pronouns: he

Post by 7TC7 »

Head's up~
Hadn't much time at all for my level lately but gathered a few new ideas for it over the months. Now that the first half of a school year seems to calm down I might get a new shot at working on it.
Meet me at YouTube and watch Touhou stuff!