(shouting)

Let's Play Minecraft with Hito and [AOD]

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Hitotsumami

Let's Play Minecraft with Hito and [AOD]

Post by Hitotsumami »

Hey everyone!

There's not much to say! Here's the first episode of a Minecraft LP I started recently. It features myself and [aod]! Also, raocow might even make an appearance in future episodes! I know this first episode is a little rough around the edges, but I think things will get better! I hope you enjoy!

Episode 1: Escape from Death Island

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Episode 2: The Trail Back Home (with raocow!)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Episode 3: The Tower of Hope (with greenmosiac!)

Part 1
Last edited by Hitotsumami 13 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Let's Play Minecraft

Post by raocow »

I'm going to join in on this eventually just so I can finally link something to someone when they want me to lp minecraft.Also, man, gotta find a way to spend more time with my space buddies!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Cup

Post by Cup »

Huh, never expected anything like this. Only just finishing up part one, but you two had me chuckling on more than a few occasions so this will probably be worth following.

This is my introduction to Minecraft by the way, so at the very least I'll know what everyone's been talking about for the last year.
anomaly

Re: Let's Play Minecraft with Hito and [AOD]

Post by anomaly »

You mean a merry-go-round style with many LPers participating? That would be interesting.
kilon

Post by kilon »

Alright then. Let's see where this is going. I hope that there will be some interesting developments.
^writing this before checking the videos out so I have no idea what to expect just yet.
kilon

Post by kilon »

By the way, since the latest update you can get charcoal by burning wood (with wood) in a furnace.
So that should make first nights a lot easier. as you can make torches with just 8 stone and 2 wood or something.

And yeah, it's a pretty interesting LP. TO be honest, if you were guys I've never heard of, I wouldn't watch it, but now that I know you guys (your internet name that is) I think I'll give this LP some time to develop
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

Honestly I skipped sections of the video when you where doing repetitive tasks and such but on the whole I'm surprised that this is actually pretty interesting.

anywho, rubberfishy pro tips:

Make a landmark to find home, Put all your stuff in chests apart from sand a torches, then make a giant vertical tower with torches on all 4 sides at different heights next to your home, then jump off (and die) and you can get all your items back from the chest.

Always carry at least 2 pick axes so you don't need to make a new one every time it breaks.

In your chest keep spare coal, tools, wood ect so that if you die you don't have to start again.

also, aod, you can't mine steel you idiot, it's an alloy.

oh and the thing about meat in games may be sometime to do with vegetarianism not being as common in certain countries, well most countries I guess.
[AOD]

Post by [AOD] »

Did I say steel? I meant "iron".

@~{AOD}
Officially voted MOD-IN-ABSENTIA by Talkhaus election 2014.
Kleiner Kokiri

Post by Kleiner Kokiri »

raocow wrote:I'm going to join in on this eventually just so I can finally link something to someone when they want me to lp minecraft.
This might actually work ! :lol:

I am also really interested in the next episodes. As soon as the first shelter is done, the game gets very open and depends on what you want to do. And this is where i'd be kind of lost. So it would be nice to see the thought process behind all that.

While i can see the appeal of the game, i also still think it's fairly overpriced for it's production value.
Some people say it's an investment in the future of minecraft ~ but few Modders already did more changes/progress than the creator himself.

As minecrafters i hope you'll express your wishes for future versions of the game as well, while doing the episodes.
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

This seems like fun. I'm always amused by watching other people play Minecraft for some reason.

Edit : oh right, schadenfreude
The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I have just participated in the stupidest minecraf video(s) ever.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Hitotsumami

Post by Hitotsumami »

I'll be uploading the next episode, which does feature raocow, tomorrow.

Believe me guys, it will BLOW YOUR MIND.
kilon

Post by kilon »

For some reason I expect a lot of sarcasm..
O-Card
what are you doing here
Pronouns: he/el

Post by O-Card »

Kleiner Kokiri wrote:While i can see the appeal of the game, i also still think it's fairly overpriced for it's production value.
Some people say it's an investment in the future of minecraft ~ but few Modders already did more changes/progress than the creator himself.
because notch is a fat person who sells metagames for the price of real games

that millionaire soab
talkhaus: the singening
you must sing
MAFIA
yo yo yo play the game
Kleiner Kokiri

Post by Kleiner Kokiri »

The raocow Episode is called "Part 1"

Is there more of that ? Because right now only one part is online.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Wait does that mean it was uploaded today? I hope my mind is blown.

Edit - It was.
Last edited by limepie20 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

yeah, I've been waiting for the rest of the videos before I comment... oh well.

btw you can make a piano in minecraft, using the noteblock things and switches you can make a kinda giant piano thing you can walk on (kinda).

also if you don't have a goal for this lp how about making it to the neither and building a house there.
Hitotsumami

Post by Hitotsumami »

Yeah guys, the other two parts are uploading now. They should be available in a few minutes. I'll mass post them all here when that happens.

@ rubberfishy

Getting to the nether is definitely a goal! I think the next thing I do is build a tower around my house... eh you'll see when the other videos finish uploading. Three parts again btw. Next episode I'm going to really try for 15 minute episodes.
Hitotsumami

Post by Hitotsumami »

Episode 2: The Trail Back Home (with raocow!)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

I hope you enjoy!

Also, I recorded episode 3 tonight, and it was more than 15 minutes, haha. I'll do some editing, but in future episodes, I'm REALLY going to try to get only 15 minute episodes. I keep saying that, but EH I'll make it happen. I think it'll be more viewer friendly that way.

OH, and also, greenmosaic, who you all know most from the art section, is featured in episode 3! Episode 4 might also have another guest commentator!

Anyways, Episode 3 will be uploaded after I edit. Thanks again for watching this train wreck everyone!
Cup

Post by Cup »

"Oyste... Hito, you're not allowed to kill, well at least not even hurt anything, unless you apologize first and you absolutely have to."

It's good to see you haven't lost your pacifist ideals after all this time raocow.
kilon

Post by kilon »

This was so hilariously frustrating.
All the time I was like: "you're on the wrong island! You need to go more to the left! Just find the lava again."

But at least this was the perfect showcase of Minecraft to raocow..

Yeah. I can't believe I watched 50 minutes of you finding your house. Not including the cut.

Also:

Easy -> mobs die easier, but they spawn in high quantities
Normal -> mobs have more health, but spawn in lower quantities (This is claimed to be the hardest setting)
Hard -> mobs have the most health, but they spawn in the least quantity
O-Card
what are you doing here
Pronouns: he/el

Post by O-Card »

the hours spent raging trying to find home, then suiciding after making a chest with my stuff

then raging trying to find the chest I left in hopes of starting over on my spawn point

then raging at how horrible this game is

my second world was this, but even more and spread around 11.2 mb of hard drive space (I have a very poor sense of direction)

this lp shows it all
talkhaus: the singening
you must sing
MAFIA
yo yo yo play the game
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

omg, you waked around in circles for the whole episode on the wrong island, haha.

man, if you're lost you should just follow the coast or something.
Kleiner Kokiri

Post by Kleiner Kokiri »

Maybe you want to build a giant torch tower near your underground cave ?
Well ... i can't wait to see what ideas you come up forr never get lost again ~ in the next episode.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I've got to say, that was really funny. I'm looking forward to the upcoming videos.