(shouting)

New Super Marisa Land

bullets, bombs, and girls, what more do you want? its touhou!
DarkOverord

New Super Marisa Land

Post by DarkOverord »

Now C78 is coming up, and TH12.8 Fairy Wars is coming out, but I know what we all want to play!

http://www.tasofro.net/6kinoko/index.html

New Super Marisa Land (Because the first one was popular? I guess?). Even though it has "Land" in the title, it's clearly based off Super Mario World, but we all know that another game beat Tasofro to the title of Super Marisa World :V It looks really good though, and here's to hoping they fixed the controls up (Jumping is odd in Super Marisa Land....)

So, anyone excited to play ANOTHER Marisa Platformer?
Cup

Re: New Super Marisa Land

Post by Cup »

Is raocow aware of this? Someone tell Kilga to bring this to raocow's attention.

What are the in-game physics like?
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

This has piqued my interest!
DarkOverord

Post by DarkOverord »

Cup wrote:What are the in-game physics like?
No idea, until the game comes out at C78, there's not a single vid.
Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

This looks.... masochistic...?
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Yonowaaru wrote:This looks.... masochistic...?
Dude, this is Touhou. Of course there's some masochism involved :D

I have to say though, the system requirements look pretty high.
DarkOverord

Post by DarkOverord »

RobinLSL wrote:
Yonowaaru wrote:This looks.... masochistic...?
Dude, this is Touhou. Of course there's some masochism involved :D

I have to say though, the system requirements look pretty high.
I can't see Tenshi anywhere ;P

And Yeah, It is, kind of wonder what the heck Tasofro is upto, must be some major engine changes then if that's the case, the old one was Nowhere near that
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

lping this like the fist of the north star

my ears started bleeding in joy when i first saw it

REISEN SUIT
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
kilon

Post by kilon »

I think the system requirements are a bit to high for raocows pc, but that doesn't change the fact that I'd like to see a LP of this. Kilga, get to it as soon as possible!
Tyty

Post by Tyty »

My lord I can not wait for this game. I want it now.

The requirements gotta be lower than that of SWR and Hisoutensoku though. And it's a doujin game so... >.>
ZMann

Post by ZMann »

Kilgamayan wrote:my ears started bleeding in joy when i first saw it

REISEN SUIT
Oh god yes.

That alone makes me want to play this.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

ZMann wrote:
Kilgamayan wrote:my ears started bleeding in joy when i first saw it

REISEN SUIT
Oh god yes.

That alone makes me want to play this.
ditto
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Deekay

Post by Deekay »

Am I allowed to post the download link for it? Or is that not allowed? Eh, whatever. You can find it here.

Edit: Also, the specs are screwed up. 'Cuz it's running perfectly fine at full speed on my craptop.
Last edited by Deekay 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Tyty

Post by Tyty »

Deekay wrote:Am I allowed to post the download link for it? Or is that not allowed?

Edit: Also, the specs are screwed up. 'Cuz it's running perfectly fine at full speed on my craptop.
What? It's released already?

*goes to grab*
Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

Thanks, didn't know where to find it :D.
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Cup

Post by Cup »

Well, just got myself a shiny new copy of both this and Fairy Wars, so I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the afternoon.

I'll be waiting excitedly for your LP kilga. Ah new touhou, my excitement is unmatched by even the most christmasy of Christmas mornings.
Cup

Post by Cup »

Oh god! There's a
Suwako suit!
not to mention some of the other stuff I've found...
Deekay

Post by Deekay »

Mega Marisa is um... ಠ_ಠ

No comment.
Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

Wait, this ain't hard? Alice was a complete pushover, I was expecting a RAGEMODE phase, but no, nothing at all.. Oh well, moving on to world 2 now. Also, lemme guess
Suwako suit = SMB3 Frog suit?
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

Yonowaaru wrote:Wait, this ain't hard? Alice was a complete pushover, I was expecting a RAGEMODE phase, but no, nothing at all..
This is a pretty good game because it actually has a reasonable difficulty curve. Did you expect the entire game to retain the same level of challenge?

Anyways, up to world 6 for me. I like how a new powerup gets introduced in every world; it keeps things from getting stale (in addition to the new enemies, obstacles, and stage gimmicks, of course.) I'd say this would have to be my favorite of the touhou/mario crossover games. Nice work Tasofro Frontier!
Time Traveler's Textor
Don't Wait! Get it now and be the part of fun! You will Amaze at super high quality of fine application? We are working very hardly to making assure of quality in our program. For you and your family.

Click here to download TTT Version 3.0!
Click here to download TTT Version &.%2!
Click here to download the latest version of Java!
Cup

Post by Cup »

Time Traveler wrote:
Yonowaaru wrote:Wait, this ain't hard? Alice was a complete pushover, I was expecting a RAGEMODE phase, but no, nothing at all..
This is a pretty good game because it actually has a reasonable difficulty curve. Did you expect the entire game to retain the same level of challenge?
It's not the level difficulty that's depressing, it's the bosses. The levels do have a pretty fun difficulty curve (if not a bit on the easy side), but the bosses definitely leave something wanting. I guess lack of midpoints is supposed to make up for it, but jeez all of these bosses can be taken down with ease on the first encounter.

The game is still my favorite of the touhou platformers, just don't go into it expecting a gauntlet, like with marisa world. You'll finish it feeling a bit down.
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

Cup wrote:It's not the level difficulty that's depressing, it's the bosses. The levels do have a pretty fun difficulty curve (if not a bit on the easy side), but the bosses definitely leave something wanting. I guess lack of midpoints is supposed to make up for it, but jeez all of these bosses can be taken down with ease on the first encounter.
Considering the series this game is based off of, I wasn't too surprised by the fact that the bosses were a bit of a letdown. I guess the huge amount of varied and difficult boss battles in Super Marisa World kinda set a high standard.
Time Traveler's Textor
Don't Wait! Get it now and be the part of fun! You will Amaze at super high quality of fine application? We are working very hardly to making assure of quality in our program. For you and your family.

LiteYear

Post by LiteYear »

Definitely a fun game, and I found it much more enjoyable than the original Super Marisa Land. And I agree that spreading out new power-ups for each world did keep the game fresh.

Also, if anyone knows where the 7th red star is on Stage 5 in the final world, I would like to know as it is currently eluding me.
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

LiteYear wrote:Also, if anyone knows where the 7th red star is on Stage 5 in the final world, I would like to know as it is currently eluding me.
Haha, this is actually a pretty funny coincidence. I just spent an hour trying to find that one star, at which point I checked the official site to find that a patch has already been released. Not sure what else it does, if anything, but it does fix the problem with the seventh star in 7-5 not registering. I didn't even notice that I was picking up 10 stars in each run!

Here is the download link: http://www.tasofro.net/6kinoko/index.html
(well actually it's the same link posted in the OP but whatever)
Time Traveler's Textor

Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

This game is so much better than Marisa World in my opinion. Maybe beacuse it's so much easier...but I love everything about it. The music, the graphics, the level design, it's all there. ( and the fairies that juggle those balls are so cute)