(shouting)

Bunny Must Die, yo

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
AirPump

Re: Bunny Must Die, yo

Post by AirPump »

raocow wrote:when I said the game was like Super Marisa World, it's in that unique way in which it... kinda wears you down, haha
That's Japanese difficulty for you. A lot of Nintendo Hard, and sometimes a little bit of Fake Difficulty with the controls.

Also, I think Bunny has the largest hips on an anime girl that I've ever seen.
NaturesFoulChild

Post by NaturesFoulChild »

The Doctor wrote:Good god, talk about a difficulty spike.
The game was going pretty well for me up until the German Dracula. The guy is completely insane. I hope there's a trick I can exploit in order to beat him, because taking him out the old fashioned way is going to be one hell of a thing.
Did you read the sign before his room? It's a subtle hint. When I got what it means suddenly Dracula stopped being much of a problem.

Also, I lol'd when I realised what his speech is a reference to :D
By foul design.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

The Doctor wrote:
I hope there's a trick I can exploit in order to beat him, because taking him out the old fashioned way is going to be one hell of a thing.
As a matter of fact, there is. The guy doesn't have a hitbox, so you can just run straight through him once he appears and sit there attacking him; he won't turn around, so the only attack that can hit you is the fireballs spawning from below. And if you use the sword, you can even attack him with your back turned, so as to avoid his, well... somewhat nonstandard insta-death attack.
In other news, I'm up to what I would assume is the final battle (though I had to look up a walkthrough to figure out how to get into
the tower with the pumpkin danmaku bosses; stupid hidden pedestal).
I really love the bosses in this game, and I can't wait to see raocow's reactions to the more "what" ones.
Zebia

Post by Zebia »

2 hours into the game and I'm stuck.
I'm in the part that has metroid-like doors, where far into it you need to be able to use 4 of the orbs. My problem is, when I used the yellow orb earlier to end up using the red orb, it disappeared, as I guess it should have... but now that I'm this far into the cave, I just want to know if I'm supposed to put the yellow orb back in to get the red orb or am I supposed to find it somewhere else? It'd really be helpful because I don't want to have to go all the way back and end up not finding it again.
Miracon

Post by Miracon »

Hey raocow, when you picked up the hourglass you accidentally skipped a message.
The 3rd TIME power "Recall" has been released.
When you act poorly, pres [TIME] to do the past over.
That's what it said right before saying that it cost one doll.
McGack

Post by McGack »

The final boss is pretty epic, I ended with 81 deaths :|, I missed one hourglass but i had an idea of where it was
McGack

Post by McGack »

Zebia wrote:2 hours into the game and I'm stuck.
I'm in the part that has metroid-like doors, where far into it you need to be able to use 4 of the orbs. My problem is, when I used the yellow orb earlier to end up using the red orb, it disappeared, as I guess it should have... but now that I'm this far into the cave, I just want to know if I'm supposed to put the yellow orb back in to get the red orb or am I supposed to find it somewhere else? It'd really be helpful because I don't want to have to go all the way back and end up not finding it again.
the red orb shouldn't have disappeared at all it should still be behind that piller in the tower
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

NaturesFoulChild wrote:
The Doctor wrote:Good god, talk about a difficulty spike.
The game was going pretty well for me up until the German Dracula. The guy is completely insane. I hope there's a trick I can exploit in order to beat him, because taking him out the old fashioned way is going to be one hell of a thing.
Did you read the sign before his room? It's a subtle hint. When I got what it means suddenly Dracula stopped being much of a problem.

Also, I lol'd when I realised what his speech is a reference to :D
Bah, who reads signs? Sucks all the fun out of the game. Yeah, I didn't notice it.

My biggest problem was that I didn't realize that his super flash attack only kills you if you look at it; I thought it was a range thing. It would have made things a lot easier if I had known, but I managed to beat him regardless.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Why in raos video were all the doors broken in the first area?

edit: nvm it happened to me too. I just didn't notice.
Last edited by limepie20 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

Huh. You know, I'm surprised that this topic hasn't yet been inundated with observers who have noticed that one could say that the planet in which Bunny must die is arguably populated by cats.
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
Ziv

Post by Ziv »

NaturesFoulChild wrote:
There's also a breakable block on the ceiling of the room below (parallel) to the room of the second boss, but I can't jump high enough to get there and see if it serves any purpose :|
This is your answer, but beware it does contain spoilers.
You use the ladder on that block as Chelsea in order to get around the time lasers.
Getting killed is what reminds us that we're alive.

...accept truth for what it is: a convenient piece of paper.

Pooper feeple rabblesnack!

I wanna get high...
-raocow
Ziv

Post by Ziv »

raocow, in all cases I can think of, the only things you'll get from destroying semi-random unmarked hidden blocks will be Bunny Dolls. All the important upgrades have some kind of hint, although it may be subtle.

Also, since you skipped the text for it, the time upgrade you got lets you restart a room from the point you entered it if you die.

About those "optional" items you got in today's episode: (spoilers to people who haven't beaten the game)
Are the shoes really optional? I know you absolutely need them to get the last time upgrade, but that's optional too. Are there any other segments where you need to be able to jump on torches?
Getting killed is what reminds us that we're alive.

...accept truth for what it is: a convenient piece of paper.

Pooper feeple rabblesnack!

I wanna get high...
-raocow
Zebia

Post by Zebia »

McGack wrote:
Zebia wrote:2 hours into the game and I'm stuck.
the red orb shouldn't have disappeared at all it should still be behind that piller in the tower
...Well then...
I'm gonna go back to check, but if it isn't there, I'm just gonna quit cause I don't wanna have to go back through the Pumpkin Tower, that area frustrated me SO much, you wouldn't believe it.
McGack

Post by McGack »

Ziv wrote:r

About those "optional" items you got in today's episode:

(spoilers to people who haven't beaten the game)
Are the shoes really optional? I know you absolutely need them to get the last time upgrade, but that's optional too. Are there any other segments where you need to be able to jump on torches?
I remember a room with a heart in it you needed to stomp the candles to get at it
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

holy crap @ the third boss
Also, can you warp between save points?
Daze

Post by Daze »

Oracle of Wuffing wrote:Huh. You know, I'm surprised that this topic hasn't yet been inundated with observers who have noticed that one could say that the planet in which Bunny must die is arguably populated by cats.
rubberfishy wrote:forbidden cattomic plant cattomic plant cattomic plant cattomic plant!
Closest we've gotten so far.

Anyways, Rao might be hit-or-miss in Metroidvania games, but he's hitting a lot of stuff that I've missed... and being in the middle of an area myself doesn't help.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
Culex

Post by Culex »

limepie20 wrote:can you warp between save points?
Nah, there's no warping, but the world really isn't all that big.
Ziv wrote:About those "optional" items you got in today's episode: (spoilers to people who haven't beaten the game)
Not much of a spoiler, but since the question was in tags:
The only items you need to beat the game are the orbs and two hourglasses. Everything else can be skipped, though you do still have to beat all the bosses. Doing so makes the hard rooms harder, obviously, but also, being unable to do things like run or TURN AROUND makes a lot of formerly easy rooms suddenly nightmarish.
SomerandomGuy

Post by SomerandomGuy »

Well, i wasn't expecting that ending...
Is that the actual boss?!
NaturesFoulChild

Post by NaturesFoulChild »

Yay for early update.

Also, um, hey raocow, I'm sorry that I wrote in the spoiler tags that you missed a few things... But didn't specify it's nothing useful as of yet... I feel kinda dumb now :(

Still, now you're shooting at every wall you encounter, so you probably won't miss any secrets.
SomerandomGuy wrote:Well, i wasn't expecting that ending...
Is that the actual boss?!
You'll see tomorrow, I guess ;)
By foul design.
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

You're supposed to use those switches to reset the time, and not do it all in nine seconds?

God damn it
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Your reaction to the cat was perfect.
Probably not your actual reaction..fully.
But still.
What sort of murderer uses a Samurai Slap?
LunarMagicMan

Post by LunarMagicMan »

Alexander wrote:Your reaction to the cat was perfect.
Probably not your actual reaction..fully.
But still.
Was expecting a laugh after the long pause. Guess that'll be tomorrow, hopefully maybe.
“Never lose focus. Focus, focus, focus.You are a zebra and you are trying to win a marathon, okay? That’s how much focus you’re having right now. You are The Focus of Zebra and The Zebra of Focus. You’re like freakin’ both. You have a split personality, you can do it. Well, that’s not true. But I can pretend! I have the power of imagination! I am, after all, The Marathon Zebra.” - raocow

raocow motivator 2000... too bad we skipped 1999 numbers.
MickX
The Mystwalker

Post by MickX »

raocow got so frightened of Mr Cat God that I believe we won't have video update tomorrow, or at least he'll still be screaming in terror for a whole 24 hours.

Seriously, that ending and the uber-loud "FOUND A HARGH!" were just priceless, I laughed a whole lot. :lol: BMD with raocow shows to be an hilarious combination up until now.

As for the game itself, I do recall seeing a playthrough of it a long time ago, but I can't recall much of it so it's kind of a semi-blind series of videos for me. Hopefully he'll make it through the whole thing, it looks quite difficult and mind-blowing at some points.
haligonian

Post by haligonian »

The cat.
WHAT THE HELL? D8

Whoever put that in there is awesome I am j/s.
I'm really nice.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

commentary was particularly awesome today. haha