(shouting)

smwcentral madness: Vanilla 2010

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Chernobog

Re: smwcentral madness: Vanilla 2010

Post by Chernobog »

Argumentable, I loved that level. So much. Good work :)
Third Murderer

Post by Third Murderer »

Very nice level, Argumentable. I loved the purple visual theme.
Somepartsareme

Post by Somepartsareme »

The only thing argu is bad at is making MATH levels
VideoGuy

Post by VideoGuy »

m00npirate wrote:Is it disturbing to anyone else that this LP is fast approaching the four month mark?
I think it's interesting that this is going to be one of his 'most episodes' LPs (according to everything.raocow.com), which is unfortunate because most of those are actually really good.
Accepting any and all ASM requests for A2MT. Just send me a PM.
Note: If I accepted your ASM request and you never heard back from me, please let me know. I feel like I've forgotten a few of them.
Also the creator of the new A2MT CMS. PM me if you have any questions.
Youtube Channel
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

m00npirate wrote:Is it disturbing to anyone else that this LP is fast approaching the four month mark? I honestly wonder if raocow would have agreed to play them all if he had known it would take this long (and that so many of them would be painfully bad).
Four months? What? It's been going on for 2 months and a week.
Time Traveler's Textor
Don't Wait! Get it now and be the part of fun! You will Amaze at super high quality of fine application? We are working very hardly to making assure of quality in our program. For you and your family.

Click here to download TTT Version 3.0!
Click here to download TTT Version &.%2!
Click here to download the latest version of Java!
Daze

Post by Daze »

Very nice level, Argumentable. It was a nice, solid entry. Makes me eager to see what's ahead.

Judgments for 25th place, Argumentable:
116. Argumentable - Twilit Hills
-----
FP:
Creativity: 7/10
Difficulty: 7/10
Appeal: 7/10
Functionality: 7/10
Fun: 8/10
Overall: 36/50

Paletting was consistently nice to look at. The layer 2 clouds section was really well done as well. I also discovered that your level is quite difficult if one tries to rush through it. Level design was good for the most part but the secret exit felt a little bland, like you wanted to do more but ran out of time so you just quickly threw down some enemies and platforms.

SNN:
Creativity: 8.5
Difficulty: 8
Appeal: 9.5
Functionality: 9.5
FUN: 8

COMMENTS: Well done. This level was quite fun to play, and you really enhanced it
by adding in some nice vanilla gimmicks (i.e. scrolling clouds portion, tileset mixing,
etc.) Nice job.

43.5/50

SN:
Creativity: 6/10
Difficulty: 7/10
Appeal: 7/10
Functionality: 10/10
Fun: 7/10
TOTAL: 37/50

ST's comments: While there wasn't a whole lot that really stood out in this level, it
was pleasant to play. The difficulty tilted a bit to the easy side, and the scrolling
parts seemed a tad excessive, but it was nice to have a choice of areas. The palettes
were decent, though more decoration in the level would've been nice. It felt like this
level was missing something, and while it was put together without any errors, some
more creativity and innovation in the design would've helped here.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

FirePhoenix wrote: Level design was good for the most part but the secret exit felt a little bland, like you wanted to do more but ran out of time so you just quickly threw down some enemies and platforms.
This is pretty true. I kind of procrastinated then threw in a bunch of stuff for the secret exit, though I did, in fact, want to try out my own version of "crazy hills"

But in all honesty, I didn't expect to rank as high as I did. I didn't put in any exciting gimmicks (at least I didn't think so, people seem to really like the cloud portion, which I didn't really care for myself) and I didn't think I did anything exciting for my palettes, but hey, if I can beat roughly 3/4 of the other contest goers without trying, I guess that's pretty good!
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Looks like you just struck a good note overall. While it was by no means the best level in this contest, it was really a unique spin on things. The cloud portion had me sold - it's always cool when underused tilesets get used like that.
bonecanoe86

Post by bonecanoe86 »

I liked both of today's levels. I have seen Z Raffle Tikt's work before as Chainfire9001 has LPed his three "Super Puzzle World" hacks. They are among the best puzzle hacks I have seen but they often require item and glitch abuse and save-stating so he couldn't have used those kinds of levels for the contest. His level today wasn't among his best work but it was still good to see it in the 20s.

Oh and Argumentable, the cloud part of your level was pure brilliance.
Hello.

I LP The Sims 2, Civilization III, and Sim City 4:
http://www.youtube.com/user/bonecanoe86
haligonian

Post by haligonian »

Yuh, both of today's levels were pretty cool.
raocow's disappointed 'oh' made me laugh pretty hard I will admit.

I'll say it again: That cloud hopping business was pretty sweet, Argumentable.
I'm really nice.
TurboPup

Post by TurboPup »

Today's levels were pretty solid. Didn't really overtly try to do much to make themselves stand out in the crowd, but they'd work quite nicely as an early or mid world level nestled somewhere in a full hack. "Wow factor" is seriously overrated anyway. =P

Also weeee getting real close to my level! (Volcanic Valley)
"You are running on bells and whistles right now."
- Husky
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

tomorrow's episode will be three videos.

and holy crap do you want to see all three.

I... man. There's going to be some genuine speechless moments, peeps.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
kilon

Post by kilon »

really?

Well, I'll just have to sit through it on my unhealthy warm room then.
haligonian

Post by haligonian »

kilon wrote:really?

What he said.
I'm really nice.
Kles
First name: h

Post by Kles »

The second level played today bugs me. Am I the only one who doesn't like to see the whole "tons of random ledges sticking out of the background" style? It looks really sloppy and amateurish to me.
Daze

Post by Daze »

haligonian wrote:
kilon wrote:really?

What he said.
Ditto.

Also, I gotta say I've been rather taken with the couple of forest-y levels we've seen lately. They just seem very... visually appealing.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

Kles wrote:The second level played today bugs me. Am I the only one who doesn't like to see the whole "tons of random ledges sticking out of the background" style? It looks really sloppy and amateurish to me.
Yes, you are the only person in the world who thinks that.

Meh Raffle's level seemed disappointing considering what I expect from him, then again I was expecting a crazy glitch puzzle level.
kilon

Post by kilon »

Kles wrote:The second level played today bugs me. Am I the only one who doesn't like to see the whole "tons of random ledges sticking out of the background" style? It looks really sloppy and amateurish to me.
I don't think so. You can very easily mess things like that up, but when you do it well enough, it works out pretty nicely. So it can be a gamble.
Bleaghhh

Post by Bleaghhh »

I'm gonna have to say, TheGamer's ( i think) level today was insane, to do so much with vanilla resources is amazing, it was a pity about some of the grammar errors and things, I'd always thought him a wordy person from seeing his posts on smwcentral.
Was there a little bit of annoyance coming through on the upward scrolling pert there though raocow?
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Falky »

O_O That was amazing.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Patashu

Post by Patashu »

Oh

my

freaking

lord
paste

Post by paste »

I really liked the first half of the level, I must say. It created a lot of good ambiance and was more than "just a level" I thought. As for the end part, I really didn't find it as exciting or funny as rc seemed to. It seemed to drag on, and the way it was done was kind of tedious to watch. I can tell it took a lot of work to create, and that's great, but I just wasn't as pleased with it as everyone else, I guess. However, the first half alone should've merited a higher score, I though.
Love, paste
BARF!
Sniggerb0bble
These arms ain't ever going down.

Post by Sniggerb0bble »

Coming from a guy who's not good with his opinions... that was amazingly freaking amazing. Although yeah, it did go on too long and the second half didn't seem as technically amazing as the first, I enjoyed watching it a lot, although I couldn't stop laughing with raocow at the end XD

But wow... only 22nd... And I was starting to lose interest with this thing.
Iron Fin

Post by Iron Fin »

That was.. astonishing. That level had so many creative ideas in it, mixed with lots of intensity, and it just was really, really, good :shock: . The plot was sucky, but everything else was top notch, and it was 22nd place. How can you top that? If any other hacks above this one don't nail the feeling of this one, I might be a bit miffed. This was just.. whoa.

P.S. Going on vacation, so no raocow for a few days unless I'm lucky with wi-fi! I'll miss raocow's videos for a few days, it's weird, raocow is so important to me now. :)
Some spikes fall, others prosper.
Are you part of the prosperous community? Join us now! In Survivor 2005 - Inanimate objects edition.
You know, the loser gets sent away on ebay, it's pretty tragic. - raocow, vanilla contest 2010- 2nd 4th place.

Ohh.. Shocker! Shocker, molocker, Betty Crocker! - TLs4 - Yggi x11

Yikes

Post by Yikes »

Wow, this has to be the most awesome vanilla thing, I've ever seen.

There were some unfair parts in that upscrolling segment and the level was pretty long, but hell, the rest was just great. In my opinion even the 1st place can't stand a chance against this masterpiece! :mrgreen:

I read the description after I watched part a and it sounded like the level would become somewhat disappointing in the end, but it became hilarious^^
Gesundheit!