(shouting)

An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Madacaek

Re: An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

Post by Madacaek »

Those are some pretty bad arguments. Except for the colors, those are ugly as hell.

Cloudrun is one of the easiest "gauntlets" in the game and has 50% more savepoints than most of them do. I have never fallen down to the Bottom in any way that would allow me to get back up were it a normal area, I have no idea how you did that. Fluffy is somewhat hard but nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be on Masterful.
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

Madacaek wrote:I have never fallen down to the Bottom in any way that would allow me to get back up were it a normal area, I have no idea how you did that.
Like I said, two rooms before save point #2. That red energy is awfully low as you're jumping under those huge walls. I manage to dip too low about 30% of the time in that room and jump back up, expecting to hit the energy there... only to get a blank screen. Ugh.

And you will notice that I didn't call anything particularly hard. In fact, I specifically said it wasn't as hard as Jumper. I said that it demands perfection, which is true. There are very, very few mistakes that you can recover from in there. Personally, I like the ability to "take the hit" and keep going through an area. It makes all the heart collection feel worthwhile. Sure, there are some heart doors to discourage that, but you really only need to open one of those. I probably would have quit flat-out at FireCage if there was a mandatory heart door keeping you from the boss, but CloudRun pretty much has the platforming equivalent of that on EVERY difficulty.
Tprevie

Post by Tprevie »

chrishy wrote:
Machoman wrote:I have noooo idea why I did this wallpaper, oh well xD

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae19 ... aheart.jpg
You made it so I have a new and awesome wallpaper, of course. ;)
And me.
This signature. This signature. This signature. This signature. This signature is an eyesore.
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

Oh my god, you can kill the cannon?

Although he wasn't as annoying as the ghost, he sure wasn't my friend.
Ruirize
First name: Steffan James
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ruirize »

Ahh well, not much today.
Zeeco

Post by Zeeco »

You seem like you're not even trying to avoid the ghosts. You just randomly hit them with a fireball or two, then run through them and get murdered.

Helpful little tidbit of information, From my experience, you can kill the ghosts by pushing them far enough off screen.
Machoman

Post by Machoman »

hm.. I have a thought of making a handmade chicken plushie, just because I can. :D
Ruirize

Post by Ruirize »

Sounds good. I'd so want one.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Zeeco wrote:You seem like you're not even trying to avoid the ghosts. You just randomly hit them with a fireball or two, then run through them and get murdered.

Helpful little tidbit of information, From my experience, you can kill the ghosts by pushing them far enough off screen.
That's basically how I always react to something that is new. "Oh hey something new I bet I can just muscle through it YAARRGHHH". And then I learn how to deal with it off camera. I'm just done with recording tomorrow's footage and my attitude with them is completely different.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

the general tip as always, if theres a cliff, jump off of it.
fill the map for hidden secrets!!!!

Masterful Process:
24/24 upgrades, 10/10 goldorbs, 93/95 hearts, 16/17 bosses, 19/20 flowers, at BlackCastle
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

Welp, the only thing that really happened today was that you defeated the eye boss thing.

I hate you all.
vgboy

Post by vgboy »

Oh man, raocow sure does get hit by things.

Seeing raocow run headfirst into ghosts in particular, though, makes me cringe a little. More so because I've done The Curtain on the hardest difficulty. And ESPECIALLY because I've done the final area on the hardest difficulty. Same goes for StoneEye, of course.

Also, the cannon shattered itself the instant it was frozen with its own fire, which is a pretty awesome thing that can happen. (And presumably more likely because of TRIPLEFIRE.)

I'd say something like "HMM I WONDER WHAT'S AT THE TOP" but it sounds like raocow already found that out next video.
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

SpikyRat wrote:Welp, the only thing that really happened today was that you defeated the eye boss thing.
He also found a heart. No special voice to go with it, though.

Sadly, I'm having a severe mental block on the eye boss thing and am finding myself unable to beat hm on REGULAR. Yeah. My plan of attack seems to be "aw, just jump into the laser and get hit by the purple beam on the way down, then jump up into another laser and repeat". I used to make fun of this boss, so I guess he's getting his revenge or something. I'm going to take a break and play it later.

Anyway, speaking of finding hearts, it's been a while since there's been an addition to this!

Counter:
Hearts: 13

Vague hints:
Hearts:
[5]Ducking has one more use
[5]Capitalism gets you three hearts
[6]You almost found this just by playing around
[10]Cannons don't like the cold
[16]It's fun to walk on the ceiling in the dark!
[16]Hmm, I could see more if it weren't so dark in here.
[17]Remember the heart at the start of episode 16? There are three more!
[18]You were standing on something that wasn't quite solid.
[21]Going up?

Rooms:
Hearts:
[5]The room where you got the power to duck
[5]In your house
[6]The room with the five balloons in FarFall
[10]Two screens down from the NightClimb save point
[16]The campsite in Dark Grotto
[16]The boss room in Dark Grotto
[17]Three screens right of the LongBeach save point
[18]Two screens above the DeepDive save point
[21]The screen with the four flying enemies
Patashu

Post by Patashu »

For StoneEye: Learn to delay your single jump just long enough to vault over the horizontal lasers.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

Oh man. This game has one awesome final boss fight...

And now to try getting to it on Difficult. Stupid yellow spinny arrows of death.
kamarla43

Post by kamarla43 »

Guys I need help.

Whenever I try to open the game, it says:
"Failed to initiate drawing surfaces. Please check that your graphics card meets the minimum requirements and that your drivers are up-to-date. If your graphics card has little memory, try switching your computer to a lower resolution."

Thing is, I was able to play this fine earlier today.
FRK

Post by FRK »

kamarla43 wrote:Guys I need help.

"Failed to initiate drawing surfaces. Please check that your graphics card meets the minimum requirements and that your drivers are up-to-date. If your graphics card has little memory, try switching your computer to a lower resolution."

Update your graphics card's drivers or buy a new one. Also, post stuff like this on Matt's forum xP
chrishy

Post by chrishy »

kamarla43 wrote:Guys I need help.

One thing to check:
Right-click your desktop. Go to Properties->Settings->Advanced->Troubleshoot and see if you have a "Hardware acceleration" slider. If so, this needs to be on a high setting to run AUS. I have it on FULL.

If not, or if it is already on Full, you may need to update your graphics card. But since it was running fine before, I suspect this isn't the case.

(I'm keeping this post in the forum in case anyone else has this problem, since I did and it took some searching to find an answer.)
ChrisIsCornflake on YouTube.
First Founder of the talkhaus IRC, [url=irc://irc.badnik.net/talkhaus]irc://irc.badnik.net/talkhaus[/url]. (Info)
MrDudeMan

Post by MrDudeMan »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:Oh man. This game has one awesome final boss fight...

And now to try getting to it on Difficult. Stupid yellow spinny arrows of death.
I actually thought the final boss fight was kind of a disappointment, then again I never did it on masterful.
Ruirize

Post by Ruirize »

Well done raocow, I never knew that you could shoot the damn stars.
Machoman

Post by Machoman »

I wonder if raocow will find the thing where you can do things. I hope he will soon.
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

Shooting them is actually worth 15 instead of 10, I think it's the only way you can get 655.

Also yeah, there might be something else in that area that you missed. I usually don't like just giving out random hints like this but this is a pretty cool thing.
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

The ninja's new special music is pretty awesome.
StarkMaximum

Post by StarkMaximum »

And in comparison to Lack of Progress Theater last time, today's video feels like SO MUCH PROGRESS

I find it hilarious that it seems like raocow didn't even notice the special boss music until the last hit on his first try. It was a really catchy tune, too! I'm glad Super Black Ninja Tron has it.

I was really looking forward to raocow's reaction to Rainbow Dive, it's such a nice little place/minigame. Also raocow teleporting into IceCastle before entering the normal way gave me a good laugh.
raocow wrote:I'M SO GOD DAMN WACKY
Ruirize

Post by Ruirize »

You know, that's not something that I expected.

I though that you had you save before you could teleport to the save point.