(shouting)

Re: A2MT Plot thread

Anthrax 2 Multiply Themodynamics
Personalness

Re: A2MT Plot thread - UPDATE 02/06/2010

Post by Personalness »

Kinda mixed in a boss battle with this description, but whatever.

Nevada really likes the sun. He has his own greenhouse, where he takes care of white and yellow flowers only (any other color isn't sunny enough). When you reach the end of his greenhouse and meet him, he is nice and calm, and asks you to come over and water the flower he's holding. When you walk over, you step on a flower on the ground that enrages him, which starts the boss battle. It uses a water meter that was reversed into a type of "dehydration meter," and you go through the greenhouse picking up watering cans to hydrate you, and pots (keys) to throw at Nevada. The pots don't hurt him, but instead make him trip, after which you have a small period of time to jump on him to actually hurt him. Hit him X times to defeat him, at which point the flower he holds wilts and he begins to sob.
I have a difficult time conveying what I want to say.
Cecil Deacon

Post by Cecil Deacon »

Pandamona should be like the posessor of awe-inspiring chaos powers but she should be made really big and really stupid. she'd be the muscle of the group

Pily should be a wendy fight again. I have some interesting ideas and i'm starting to think about donating a bunch of my levels to A3MT anyways...
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

With a Wendy fight I hope you mean a fight inspired by the original Wendy fight, but that adds stuff to make it actually interesting. For example you could make the pipes shoot huge pillars of flames while Pily shoots fire all over the room, and other fun things like that.
Mecheon

Post by Mecheon »

Pipes on the ceiling, and pipes in the floor. And naturally they try to crush you against the ceiling

Basically Wendy should be the Sonic 1 final boss

I'm not sure whether Pandamona should be all that stupid or just headstrong though
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Mecheon wrote:Basically Wendy should be the Sonic 1 final boss
Too easy, how would one make it tougher?
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Mecheon

Post by Mecheon »

AUS wrote:
Mecheon wrote:Basically Wendy should be the Sonic 1 final boss
Too easy, how would one make it tougher?
That's when we add the megaspikes. Also having far more pipes than the four in that fight
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

So I was procrastinating and I wrote this:
A2mt plot idea

The game starts asap with as small cutscene as possible.

[Demo on a beach]

Demo: huh?, where am I.
Who am I, what am I doing here?

[level here]

Parrot: ah!, hello Demo, how are you today?
Demo:Demo? Yes, yes that’s my name, who are you and how do you know my name.
also why am I here, what is this place?
Parrot: you’re on a space station Demo, if you want more answers I suggest making your way to that castle over there.
[Parrot fly away]

[a whole bunch of levels here, castle and boss fight]

Parrot: Wow Demo, you’ve still got it babe!
Demo: who was I fighting, I felt like I recognised them
Parrot: that was [name], she was created by an entity know only as The Artist.
There are more creations of The Artist sanctioned in castles throughout this world.
They enslave the all life forms here and cause great evil. Please Demo, for the greater good you must defeat them all! Only them shall you have you’re answers.
Demo: uh… ok

[more worlds and boss fights, one openly says that they are Demo’s sister]

Demo: [name] said she was my sister, is this true?
Parrot: yes, they where all your sisters.
Demo: What!, and you had me destroy them, you’ve been controlling me in the palm of your hand… um wing the whole time!
Parrot: that’s not true. There was no hope for you sisters, they where all evil.
Do not blame me but rather blame The Artist for he is the one who made them that way.
Demo: why should I help you anymore.
Parrot: look at how much you’ve achieved Demo, you have nearly freed the populous of this land from oppressive force of The Artist. You are not doing this for me, but for everyone.
[Parrot fly away]

[last world, go to last boss]

The Artist: ah!, hello Demo, how are you?, would you like to join me for some tea?
Demo: no thanks, I’ve come to destroy you actually.
The Artist: oh, is this to do with all the oppression the people marlarky?
Demo: well yeah actually, you can’t do that man, also you turned my sisters evil, you’ll pay for that!
The Artist: I didn’t turn them evil, that’s just the way I drew them, you see I created everything in this world, even you.
Am I really evil?, answer me this, would it have been more or less wrong to not have created your evil sisters and this world? Do you not like your life?
Demo: I think that’s a bit too deep for a Mario rom hack, lets just fight man.

[insert artist fight here]

The Artist: …Then… make sure to protect the world.
Demo: of course, cyclops’s aren't that foolish.

[run credits]
yeah, so please ignore the actual plot of above. The reason I wrote that to see how easy it would be to spread the plot throughout the game and have parts of it revealed little by little.
I honestly don't care much about the contents of the plot, I just really really want it not to be all bunched up.
it really needs to be spread throughout, and not every detail of the plot needs to be stated asap or even at all.

so does anyone think that would actually be a good way of pacing the plot or what?
Last edited by rubberfishy 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Terry von Feleday

Post by Terry von Feleday »

rubberfishy wrote:The Artist: I didn’t turn them evil, that’s just the way I drew them, you see I created everything in this world, even you.
Am I really evil?, answer me this, would it have been more or less wrong to not have created your evil sisters and this world? Do you not like your life?
Demo: I think that’s a bit too deep for a Mario rom hack, lets just fight man.
I will be very disappointed if we don't include this bit.

But yeah, I think I like the way that is structured, safe for the parrot being used as Mr. Exposition. Your initial mission should probably be given by the Master, and all exposition from the sisters. I imagine with the whole multilinearity thing, we could make the story something of a puzzle - every sister gives out a single fact about the whole story (One says all bosses are silblings - one says demo is a silbling of her - one says she was created by the artist - one talks about the brainwashing - and so on) and they all fit together in the end. Nothing too fancy of course, but I think it'd be neat.
Cecil Deacon

Post by Cecil Deacon »

Remember how we were discussing making all the sisters fuse for an EPIC BOSS BATTLE but were worried it would end up like VIP4?

I drew this. What do you guys think?

I wanted to pick a really unsuitable name so Behold-My-Love it is. I thought it sounded vaguely old fashioned too
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

Terry von Feleday wrote: I imagine with the whole multilinearity thing, we could make the story something of a puzzle - every sister gives out a single fact about the whole story (One says all bosses are silblings - one says demo is a silbling of her - one says she was created by the artist - one talks about the brainwashing - and so on) and they all fit together in the end. Nothing too fancy of course, but I think it'd be neat.
Yeah, I totally agree with this.
Terry von Feleday wrote: Your initial mission should probably be given by the Master, and all exposition from the sisters.
I actively didn't make any reference to ASMT1, I even went as far to have Demo forget her own name.
The reason I did this was because I thought it would be cool if people could play this game without having to have prior knowledge of the ASMT1 plot, just like a Mario or Zelda game or something, you can pick up any game in the series and play.

But I know people have there heart set on weaving A2MT's plot together with ASMT1's plot so I guess not.
kilon

Post by kilon »

I fully agree with you rubberfishy, the plot has to be spread out and it shouldn't be to stacked with information in one cutscene.

It will be a pretty hard task but its worth a shot. Once I get the time in 2 weeks or so.
Also agreeing with Terry about the puzzle thing. Or at least make it so that you can beat the siblings in any order and still let the story make sense in the end.
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

rubberfishy wrote:
Terry von Feleday wrote: Your initial mission should probably be given by the Master, and all exposition from the sisters.
I actively didn't make any reference to ASMT1, I even went as far to have Demo forget her own name.
The reason I did this was because I thought it would be cool if people could play this game without having to have prior knowledge of the ASMT1 plot, just like a Mario or Zelda game or something, you can pick up any game in the series and play.

But I know people have there heart set on weaving A2MT's plot together with ASMT1's plot so I guess not.
Because the Master is a totally fleshed out character and not a simple plot device at all? I mean the only thing the Master did in ASMT were sending Demo out on her mission. I just fail to understand what you wouldn't understand if he sent Demo on another mission, the exact same and only thing he did in ASMT. I mean, those who played the first game would recognize the name of the Master, and that's about it.

Personally I don't really care if the Master returns or not, I'm just saying that you don't need to be so extreme.
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

rubberfishy wrote:The Artist: I didn’t turn them evil, that’s just the way I drew them, you see I created everything in this world, even you.
Quoth Jessica Rabbit: I'm not really bad, I'm just drawn that way.

I like it. A sentiment worth borrowing. I agree w/ Terry on the rest. If we require that much explicit explanation, then our storytelling isn't working properly.

I also think we needn't worry about referring too much to ASMT. Just confine things to the Master, and the drunken ramblings of the Bird and broken continuity won't be a problem.

@Cecil: I like the melded sisters, idea & execution. I guess I'll have to finally push through and beat VIP4 to see what folks are so concerned about.
Nothing's easy.

Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Tails_155 »

Moniker wrote:Just confine things to the Master, and the drunken ramblings of the Bird and broken continuity won't be a problem.
I don't know what I think of just splicing, though. I would like some sort of continuity, otherwise a stickler could call us on it, and I think it's a bit of a faux pas myself.
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
Mecheon

Post by Mecheon »

Continuity from the last game isn't hard. It happened on an entirely different planet, and as far as everyone who isn't a drunkard bird or a shapeshifter knows, Demo was just collecting fruit

Now the shapeshifter though, there's some fun because she knows what Demo has been through. Also Pili possibly once tried to stop her from going home to watch TV or something, I dunno if, at all, WTH will fit in. Maybe its a horribly repressed memory of Demo's or something
kilon

Post by kilon »

I always pictured ASMT as the main game and WtH as a spin-off. So it doesn't necessarily has to connect all three games.
As for continuity, you shouldn't worry about that. It are two completely different areas as mentioned before and when Con doesn't make a cameo appearance, there aren't that many connections with the MK anyway.
But there will probably be some references. Like Yegg.
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

The fine thing is that we don't need to connect WTH with any other game in the ASMT project. WTH were raocow's own 'let's experiment with things'-hack and we really shouldn't treat it like it were anything else. It barely had a plot going on at all and the only things we can salvage is a few personal traits of Pily and maybe Demo (because they're raocow's characters after all, we're just. uh, 'borrowing' them).

Right now we don't know if WTH takes place before or after the ASMT series, and in the end, does it really matter?
StarkMaximum

Post by StarkMaximum »

Oh hey, this forum exists.

Hey so I know I basically stormed out in a huff insisting that I would write my own story and make it totally awesome, but then I learned two things:

1. Writing a story out of whole cloth around characters that exist but have next to no personality is really freaking hard and frustrating
B. Having a job makes it hard to even get motivation to write for MYSELF, much less something I'm not actually into.

So, even though I know no one's like, wondering where I am when I last left, I guess I'll just leave this stuff to you guys. I feel legitimately bad, I really did want to add my own "touch" to things, but the whole thing is just too chaotic and unmanageable to figure out, especially considering I don't visit the Talkhaus much anymore.

So yeah, I just wanted to get this out of the way because it kept bothering me that I hadn't posted any ideas in this thread ever. Sorry.
raocow wrote:I'M SO GOD DAMN WACKY
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

Since activity here has died down, it seems time for the Plot Summary on which the script will be based. I'll try and collect all the sentiments put down thus far, but feel free to holler out if I forget something. The plot may seem serious now, but in the script it should have the same tone as ASMT.

----
Intro: Following on the end of ASMT, Demo arrives on the spacestation. The Master appears and tells her that the enemy fleet attacked, but the station and its inhabitants survived. He then sends her out to do repairs and cleanup. This is the initial mission.

Auto-messages: Like with Con in ASMT, the Master will give a shout out near the beginning of each world, giving Demo tasks. These will be simple flavoring. A textbox would probably be favorable over automessages.

The Zoo: When Demo arrives at the zoo, the Master instructs her to clean up. He refuses to tell where the animals came from. (Text box)

The Bird's Quest: In 1 level (a yoshi's house-type?) the Cotopaxi bird drunkenly demands that Demo collect the Birdcoins, which are his rightful property. When the player has collected them all, the Bird demands still more. When Demo informs him that there aren't any, he goes off in a drunken rage and attacks Demo, but in a laughably incompetent fashion. He then unlocks secret stages (perhaps he uses the coins to buy a shuttle to a secret space lab, or some such?).

----

The Siblings: At each castle, Demo encounters a sibling. There will be a brief cutscene before each castle's midpoint fleshing out each sibling's personality, and giving a hint as to their identity and relationship to Demo + Artist. After beating each sibling (save Iris), the siblings escape in pods - hopefully this can be imparted via castle destruction sequence. All siblings will be wearing hats to denote brainwashing.

Pily: a fearful paranoiac and possibly jealous of Demo (although I think the jealousy should be common to all siblings).

Mishi: Creepily calm, cold, apathetic, and nihilistic.

Pandemona: Power-crazed, but, at bottom, very dense.

Nevada: Shy, jittery. Obsessed with plants.

Garish: Considers herself the leader of the siblings. Napoleon complex. Likes giving senseless orders.

Science: R2D2 type. Can only speak in broken phrases.

Calleoca: Shapeshifter. Is in a tizzy because she can't control her constantly changing form. Schizo-type.

Iris: Sneaky, intelligent, but weak.

---

After beating all the siblings, Demo fights Iris again, at which point she loses her mind-control cap. She gives Demo the "real" mission, which is to free the siblings from the Artist's brainwashing devices. Informs Demo that the attack on the station was the Artist's attempt to capture Demo and bring the whole family together again under his control. She takes Demo in her escape pod and they warp to the Artist's home planet.

The Artist is an half-mad, sentimental, melancholy, and megalomaniacal. He reveals himself as the creator of Demo and her sisters. He orders the 7 brainwashed siblings to attack and subdue Demo, who defeats them. Demo then takes on the Artist himself, and in defeating him, breaks the brainwashing of the siblings.

Epilogue: With the artist dead or incapacitated, the newly freed siblings take to the stars to pursue their own destinies, save Iris who decides to stick with Demo, since they've bonded.
Nothing's easy.

kilon

Post by kilon »

I'll look into it when I have vacation starting Sunday. (actually Saturday but I'm off to see my grandmother then)

But after a quick look the global summary looks pretty ok.
Kil2

Post by Kil2 »

Personalness wrote:Kinda mixed in a boss battle with this description, but whatever.

Nevada really likes the sun. He has his own greenhouse, where he takes care of white and yellow flowers only (any other color isn't sunny enough). When you reach the end of his greenhouse and meet him, he is nice and calm, and asks you to come over and water the flower he's holding. When you walk over, you step on a flower on the ground that enrages him, which starts the boss battle. It uses a water meter that was reversed into a type of "dehydration meter," and you go through the greenhouse picking up watering cans to hydrate you, and pots (keys) to throw at Nevada. The pots don't hurt him, but instead make him trip, after which you have a small period of time to jump on him to actually hurt him. Hit him X times to defeat him, at which point the flower he holds wilts and he begins to sob.
this sounded really good and not too hard to make. maybe post it in the boss thread
Cecil Deacon

Post by Cecil Deacon »

Moniker wrote:Things
About all the sisters being jealous of Demo:
I think all the sisters should be jealous of each other, period.
Mecheon

Post by Mecheon »

Cecil Deacon wrote:
Moniker wrote:Things
About all the sisters being jealous of Demo:
I think all the sisters should be jealous of each other, period.
Eh, not all of them jealous. Calleoca should be jealous of Demo for the beatdown she inflicted on her head last game, at least, and Pily is a paranoid nutjob who isn't so much "Jealous" as "Insane".

They should all have their quirks and their little tiny hints of dialogue that tell you a bit about the others. Like maybe they mention a few of them are fierce in passing, or they consider some to be weak. Something like that, maybe
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

Moniker wrote:Plot Summary
Lovin' it so far! I'm adding it to the wiki page.
Kevinskie555

Post by Kevinskie555 »

To get the special world levels :
The Parrot runs a shop, And you can buy the levels from him, with a shop system. ( A shop system with Parrot (Dragon) Coins and chests, not normal coins.)

That'll work I guess.

And are we keeping these powerups?
Since vegetables aren't really in the plot anymore...
My hack:
Image ''creator''
Lookie! It's Goofy Bowser Junior