(shouting)

An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

Post by raocow »

You know what's a pain though?

I need to find, on the spot, something for the title, the description, the tags, and the site. Twice. Every update.

This is why sometimes it is very weak and nonsensical!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Ichorheart

Post by Ichorheart »

It's alright raocow, you have a site to manage and you're playing two games at once. Tags are the least of your worries.

Also, thanks to the people who helped me out. I was finally able to get Toughness 1.
Daze

Post by Daze »

atruong18 wrote:and heres some neat thing i found a while ago while playing AUS.
Yeah... You mentioned the ghosts, so staring at it, it does kinda look like one. Trippy. Also, spoilerific tags were referenced and that makes me happy. :lol: Confusion about the desync may come from people watching the embedded videos directly, instead of going to Youtube.

Anyways. For some reason, I just love when raocow just stumbles across secrets and laughs. And he stumbled across a lot today. StrangeCastle, the Bottom, and CloudRun... not to mention a couple hearts. CloudRun looks awesome, so I'm waiting expectantly for tomorrow's vid. Cheers.
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

dazedouji wrote:CloudRun looks awesome, so I'm waiting expectantly for tomorrow's vid.
I know I said that I wasn't going to talk about CloudRun yet, but...

Prepare to be surprised.
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

raocow wrote:raocow: read the tags, not the description
I never read the tags, but when I noticed that post, I looked at today's video's tag out of boredom, and I lol'd.

I hate you all.
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

Time Traveler wrote:Know what I noticed? I noticed the description of the video.
I watched the videos on the raocow.com home page and NOT through youtube, so...yeah, neither description nor tags are shown there!
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

Time Traveler wrote:
ApplePiePod wrote:Anyone notice the sound lag in today's video?
Thissa wrote:Yeah, I thought it was my computer at first but it was definitely the video.
Know what I noticed? I noticed the description of the video.
Know what I noticed? I noticed the description, too, but then didn't notice any lag. :lol:

I hate you all.
vgboy

Post by vgboy »

It's probable he drew the ColdKeep background long before he even considered that part of the plot, so I wouldn't expect much. It's probably worth noting that the tollbooth guys used to be yellow birds until... after he started making FireCage, I think.

Come to think of it, I wonder what's up with the Bonus guy?

Oh, and the new songs (StrangeCastle, the other new area song, and both special boss songs) are really loud compared to the original ones. If Matt's reading this, he should really fix that.
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

Thissa wrote:I watched the videos on the raocow.com home page and NOT through youtube, so...yeah, neither description nor tags are shown there!
But... The tags and description are the best part of the video! The rest of it is all just marketing.
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

Time Traveler wrote:
Thissa wrote:I watched the videos on the raocow.com home page and NOT through youtube, so...yeah, neither description nor tags are shown there!
But... The tags and description are the best part of the video! The rest of it is all just marketing.
Which is why the official "raocow dot com archive" that i'm building for siteadmin is going to have video descriptions show up on this site
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

vgboy wrote: It's probably worth noting that the tollbooth guys used to be yellow birds until... after he started making FireCage, I think.
Probably because it wouldn't really make sense that the ghosts didn't come after them in the time that they're waiting.
kamarla43

Post by kamarla43 »

Wait, ghosts appear at save points?

Oh god I'm not safe anywhere
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

So... what was supposed to be so bad about Cloudrun? Did I miss it?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

raocow wrote:So... what was supposed to be so bad about Cloudrun? Did I miss it?
No, people just over-hype how "RIDICULOUSLY EXTREMELY IMPOSSIBLE" the boss is.
chrishy

Post by chrishy »

raocow wrote:So... what was supposed to be so bad about Cloudrun? Did I miss it?
D:
Fluffy hates me...but loves you.

Fluffy is nationality-ist. He hates Americans, obviously.
ChrisIsCornflake on YouTube.
First Founder of the talkhaus IRC, [url=irc://irc.badnik.net/talkhaus]irc://irc.badnik.net/talkhaus[/url]. (Info)
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

I had a load of trouble with the blue sparkles myself, I'm not really sure why.
Zeeco

Post by Zeeco »

Like I said before, check out in Blackcastle. It appears after you talk to Ms. pink chicken for a reason, you're supposed to go in as soon as you see it, but you avoided it.

Actually, yeah, in a way you kind of ruined it since you already have 7 golden orbs now.

If you do go back there, just go (loledit) one room in, how about. You'll understand everything I'm talking about soon.
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

Okay so I'm retarded. For some reason I thought the recent patches changed [the thing] from 7 to 10, but it was probably, y'know, the fact that I was replaying it on masterful. Goddamnit.
Classtoise
First name: June
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Classtoise »

Time Traveler wrote:
No, people just over-hype how "RIDICULOUSLY EXTREMELY IMPOSSIBLE" the boss is.
Pfft, people just need to stop sucking at simple "Jump on the patterned projectiles."

Maybe it's just me (and obviously raocow) and my years of playing Platformers but that's some pretty standard stuff, yo.
:bi_pride: :trans_pride:
warpio

Post by warpio »

well its kinda late now but that cloudrun boss is a lot easier when you dive-bomb the missiles. It is timed up perfectly so that you can divebomb every missile in the middle of the screen and go straight up to hit the boss. Without divebombing you bounce too slowly and probably don't get to the upper missiles in time. Though I guess that boss isn't too much trouble regardless.
SpikyRat

Post by SpikyRat »

Cloudrun's boss was pretty random, really.

I hate you all.
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

SpikyRat wrote:Cloudrun's boss was pretty random, really.
Not if you read the one book in the Library about him. Hell, he's the least random boss in the game thanks to that.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

a robot....out of no where. To be honest with you, I was expected sme sort of large bird thing.....guess not.
Fawriel

Post by Fawriel »

Gorilla!

It's always a delight to see that you're enjoying yourself. ^^
vgboy

Post by vgboy »

Crimson wrote:Probably because it wouldn't really make sense that the ghosts didn't come after them in the time that they're waiting.
Yeah, that was my point. He only would have made them birds in the first place if he had "forgotten" about one of the most important parts of the plot, so it's more likely he hadn't come up with it yet.

Also, about BlackCastle: Difficult requires 9 gold orbs. Regular is the one that requires 7. So don't worry, it's literally not possible for raocow to go in and have that cutscene before fighting TheNinja in The Curtain, unless he does something really bizarre and gets to IceCastle without doing The Curtain.

Oh yeah, and Fluffy (unlike every other boss, that's an official name - I was calling him "CloudMachine" until then) is the other boss that can be skipped, by jumping on his missiles to the ledge on the right. Of course, if you're bad at jumping up on them to hit him, it's probably even harder.