(shouting)

VVVVVV - WWW?

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
LunarMagicMan

Re: VVVVVV - WWW?

Post by LunarMagicMan »

Wow, that tower. Looks crazy but gave alot of good commentary out of raocow. Also, I figured out why raocow was so calm after the hell trinket. AUS episode 35, over 5 hours of fighting the final boss to no avail.

Also, next episode begins with awesome music.

EDIT: What the hell is with the elephant?
“Never lose focus. Focus, focus, focus.You are a zebra and you are trying to win a marathon, okay? That’s how much focus you’re having right now. You are The Focus of Zebra and The Zebra of Focus. You’re like freakin’ both. You have a split personality, you can do it. Well, that’s not true. But I can pretend! I have the power of imagination! I am, after all, The Marathon Zebra.” - raocow

raocow motivator 2000... too bad we skipped 1999 numbers.
AirPump

Post by AirPump »

LunarMagicMan wrote:Wow, that tower. Looks crazy but gave alot of good commentary out of raocow. Also, I figured out why raocow was so calm after the hell trinket. AUS episode 35, over 5 hours of fighting the final boss to no avail.
Also, Super Marisa World and MariAri. Freakin' Japanese game developers and their insane endgame difficulty. AAAAAAAGHDKSJFDSJFLSLDFLKJSDF indeed.
LunarMagicMan

Post by LunarMagicMan »

AirPump wrote:
LunarMagicMan wrote:Wow, that tower. Looks crazy but gave alot of good commentary out of raocow. Also, I figured out why raocow was so calm after the hell trinket. AUS episode 35, over 5 hours of fighting the final boss to no avail.
Also, Super Marisa World and MariAri. Freakin' Japanese game developers and their insane endgame difficulty. AAAAAAAGHDKSJFDSJFLSLDFLKJSDF indeed.
I tend to try to forget about MariAri. Up until world 8 it was a great LP, but then the extreme diffuculty started to wear down raocow. Then there was the WTF known as the final level. I mean, Medicine there got stuck on the spikes. Not only that, I am kinda more likely to remember the one time raocow went into sad mode during his best LP rather than the levels from hell itself.
“Never lose focus. Focus, focus, focus.You are a zebra and you are trying to win a marathon, okay? That’s how much focus you’re having right now. You are The Focus of Zebra and The Zebra of Focus. You’re like freakin’ both. You have a split personality, you can do it. Well, that’s not true. But I can pretend! I have the power of imagination! I am, after all, The Marathon Zebra.” - raocow

Machoman

Post by Machoman »

I just finished the game with 365 in 1:18:26.
I didn't find anything that was really hard about it.. (Except the hell trinket)..

And also one of the trinkets in the dark blue level.
I just couldn't understand how to get to it, so I had to finish the game with only 19 trinkets. D:

And also the room with most deaths was Veni for me, with 49 deaths.
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

looking forward to seeing how raocow handles the bounce area. that place is freaking awesome.
Garlyle wrote:
Who bets raocow ragequits when he sees the Time Trial.
And realises the game expects him to beat the whole area with all five trinkets in it
In under 2:45
With NO DEATHS

The trophies in this game are so rage
I doubt he'll try to get every trophy, though I hope he tries the supergravitron at least once
alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
snowlions

Post by snowlions »

Geez raocow, over 470 deaths! Not only was I really off with my guess, but I was also raging at the game for putting you through that haha.
Chompie
Pronouns: she

Post by Chompie »

LunarMagicMan wrote:Also, next episode begins with awesome music.
Oh god yes. I have had that song stuck in my head since the last time it came up. SO. GOOD.
:catcrime:
cozyduck

Post by cozyduck »

@raocow

I might be remembering wrong (if so, someone please correct me) but I think that once you rescue the last crew member, you'll be brought to the endgame section without being able to return, so you should actually finish up the map now before continuing with the next section.
Nithy

Post by Nithy »

cozyduck wrote:@raocow

I might be remembering wrong (if so, someone please correct me) but I think that once you rescue the last crew member, you'll be brought to the endgame section without being able to return, so you should actually finish up the map now before continuing with the next section.
No, you can explore anywhere you want after rescuing everyone.

Regarding a trinket in the area you just got to (i think it's the one Machoman didn't get), it's kinda hard to figure out how to get to it so i'll post how.
In the room titled "Im Sorry" there is a spike in the lower right corner, you have to bounce over it and to the right. It looks like it is impossible, but it's not.
Also, first post, hey everyone
Machoman

Post by Machoman »

Ahh thanks..

And wow, getting all the trinkets actually did something!
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

The bounce area looks really nice.
Also, what was the point of that elephant two episodes back. That was the most gfdsgfgsgdss thing ever.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Today, I just realize why the game is called VVVVVV. I am really REALLY slow.
LunarMagicMan

Post by LunarMagicMan »

RedMageMike wrote:Today, I just realize why the game is called VVVVVV. I am really REALLY slow.
Its your picture. Having Cirno as a picture will do that to you.

And that was an awesome segment. I thought "What is going on?" almost the entire time raocow was doing that (while giving good commentary). I assumed yesterday that it would be platforming. Unfortunately we didn't get to hear any Predestined Fate music.

Blinx

Post by Blinx »

LunarMagicMan wrote:
Its your picture.
They're called avatars
asdf
StarkMaximum

Post by StarkMaximum »

Wahahaha. raocow finally talked to Violet like I've been asking but didn't quite see what I was hoping for. I'm not gonna keep bothering him about it though, I'll just say it - I'm not sure when but eventually Viridian tells her he doesn't feel too good about the whole thing and Violet cheers him up by giving him a lollipop. AND IT MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER this game is adorable

I find it amusing how raocow's about to find this crew member last - when I played, I found her second, and her section is part 2 of the demo (part 1 is the intro segment). Although it's going to make her dialogue a bit funnier, I think, based on the timing of what she says.

Also! raocow! At some point in the future, go to the verrrry top-left teleporter! It looks like there's an area where you can wrap-around to reach a spot on the right side of the map.
raocow wrote:I'M SO GOD DAMN WACKY
haligonian

Post by haligonian »

StarkMaximum wrote:I'm not sure when but eventually Viridian tells her he doesn't feel too good about the whole thing and Violet cheers him up by giving him a lollipop. AND IT MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER this game is adorable.
That is adorable!
Also, maybe if we gave raocow a lollipop irl he'd feel better too.
I'm really nice.
PhyscoKamek

Post by PhyscoKamek »

Was`nt the Gravitron in the demo of the game? Because I remeber playing it, and failing.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

no
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Patashu

Post by Patashu »

RedMageMike wrote:Today, I just realize why the game is called VVVVVV. I am really REALLY slow.
It's because of all the spikes in the game
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

LunarMagicMan wrote:EDIT: What the hell is with the elephant?
Kristian wrote:Also, what was the point of that elephant two episodes back. That was the most gfdsgfgsgdss thing ever.
We shall found the Club of the Mysterious Elephant Group, dedicated to asking the one question, "What's up with that elephant?" I declare myself post apprentice sub vice minister president emperor and treasurer. We need more womens in the club.
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
kilon

Post by kilon »

Rephrase the question so that the answer is 42 and you won Life, the Universe and Everything.
Machoman

Post by Machoman »

It's funny how you found this place now..
Since Victoria is the only one that will help you kinda.
Enormatron

Post by Enormatron »

Now, it is time to figure out why the soundtrack for this game is called "PPPPPP"!
The reason is analogous and probably easier to figure out even without knowing why "VVVVVV" is so named.
I like pie like a fat kid likes cake!
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

Enormatron wrote:
Now, it is time to figure out why the soundtrack for this game is called "PPPPPP"!
The reason is analogous and probably easier to figure out even without knowing why "VVVVVV" is so named.
Obvious answer in obvious spoilertags below. (obviously)
VVVVVV is named because of A. all the spikes, B. the dimension's odd up/down gravity, and C. they're the first letters of the names of the crew of the ship.
Also PPPPPP are the first letters of the names of the songs in the soundtrack.
also:
GLOWY SEIZURE ELEPHANT
can YOU use the packet sauce?
joeyjoejoejrshabbadu

Post by joeyjoejoejrshabbadu »

Oracle of Wuffing wrote:We need more womens in the club.
You now have...one.

That is a very gfdsgfgsgdss elephant though, seriously. And too sad. I think it needs a lollipop too.

Edit: What the hell is with me starting new pages all the time...
A top secret document has been left behind the floor!