(shouting)

VVVVVV - WWW?

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
LunarMagicMan

Re: VVVVVV - WWW?

Post by LunarMagicMan »

I approximate 500 deaths. I was counting all the deaths from the start. Then he chipmonked a bunch, died again, THEN looked at the death count. I would of never made it past the 20 minute mark if I was playing. Great job rao on sticking to that. Getting the trinket after that long makes up for the vanilla contest.
“Never lose focus. Focus, focus, focus.You are a zebra and you are trying to win a marathon, okay? That’s how much focus you’re having right now. You are The Focus of Zebra and The Zebra of Focus. You’re like freakin’ both. You have a split personality, you can do it. Well, that’s not true. But I can pretend! I have the power of imagination! I am, after all, The Marathon Zebra.” - raocow

raocow motivator 2000... too bad we skipped 1999 numbers.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

raocow wrote:I don't understand all you peeps that where low-balling your guesses that much. Since when have I been any good at any video game, seriously.
It could have been reserve-psychology. slowbeef ran a contest for an SA account upgrade on his Metroid Prime LP asking us to guess how much energy he loses fighting this one boss and most people guessed he died a bunch. He didn't die at all. So for all we knew you could have been having a proud moment and wanted to see if anyone would guess right.

Obviously not though. Congrats on doubling your death count.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Well, for all of his downplaying his abilities, raocow really HAS become a good player of platformers over time (sans bosses ofc), so we're more likely to think he'll succeed faster.

Watching slowbeef play, though, you could argue about him not even getting to the boss before very long ^^.

Also, you're like the most relaxed guy ever, raocow, you spent 40 minutes getting this trinket and your reaction is "there you go"?

Simon
Space Sailboat

Post by Space Sailboat »

The game seems to move really fast until you watch it in super speed.
AirPump

Post by AirPump »

That was probably the lowest-content video of this LP, but hell, getting the infamous trinket of doom is more than enough for one day.
Garlyle

Post by Garlyle »

Who bets raocow ragequits when he sees the Time Trial.
And realises the game expects him to beat the whole area with all five trinkets in it
In under 2:45
With NO DEATHS

The trophies in this game are so rage
Maladrace

Post by Maladrace »

Garlyle wrote:
And realises the game expects him to beat the whole area with all five trinkets in it
With NO DEATHS

After that he can try beating the game on no-death mode
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

Calling it right now: raocow's room with the most deaths will be Veni.

But it'll be just under my incredible 286 in that very same room.
Garlyle

Post by Garlyle »

Maladrace wrote:
Garlyle wrote:
With NO DEATHS

After that he can try beating the game on no-death mode
Well at the least he doesn't have to speed through or go after trinkets in that mode
haligonian

Post by haligonian »

Whoever came up with that hell trinket thinger is effing crazy, but brilliant.
You know someone is determined WHEN...
I'm really nice.
joeyjoejoejrshabbadu

Post by joeyjoejoejrshabbadu »

Dude, way to still sound happy at the end after 40+ minutes of the same five rooms. I was expecting sad raocow, but am glad he didn't make an appearance there.
A top secret document has been left behind the floor!
kilon

Post by kilon »

I'm sure that in those 40 minutes he thought of numerous ways how to react when finally getting the trinket. And in the end none of those ended up being used. Although I don't think this was that spontaneous.
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

He actually put Gaston at the keyboard and walked away. Gaston mashed the keys until he got the trinket and then raocow edited the video.

Seriously I can barely do the same thing more than three times, max in a game anymore. When I was a kid I would die over and over and over in stupid hard Nintendo games and keep going but now I have zero tolerance for frustrating stuff like that. The medal of patience goes to raocow.
The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

DancingMad wrote:He actually put Gaston at the keyboard and walked away. Gaston mashed the keys until he got the trinket and then raocow edited the video.
If I had a cat that would do that it would be amazing...
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

...Play him off, keyboard cat!

... Ouch.
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Kristian wrote:I hate to not have faith in raocow, but I'll say over 77. Just going to go out on a limb and say it's a trainwreck.
Did I win

Yeah, I kind of thought there would either be sad raocow or a 'YEAHHH' at the end.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
Jabberwock

Post by Jabberwock »

Man. I admire your dedication.

That was godly.
StarkMaximum

Post by StarkMaximum »

Nice job getting Gift For The Reckless there, raocow!

Also, hooray! You found the elephant! I was pretty floored when I saw it. Also, FUCK YEAH the tower has Positive Force, which is one of my favorite songs on the soundtrack.

Also, raocow, can you do me a favor and talk to Violet a few more times in a row? At least until she asks Viridian if he's okay and tries to cheer him up. You don't have to, but I honestly think it's one of the cutest moments between the characters in the game, and I think you might like it.

Also I say also too many times.
raocow wrote:I'M SO GOD DAMN WACKY
haligonian

Post by haligonian »

I think it made my life when the red guy/Vermilion went "Wheeeee!" in that crazy dimension place.
I don't think you're supposed to say "wheeeeeeeee" when you end up in a place like that. :lol:

That was some fast auto scrolling.
Also there's two areas one the far right side of the map (in the middle) you didn't explore. /ocd
I'm really nice.
kilon

Post by kilon »

haligonian wrote:I think it made my life when the red guy/Vermilion went "Wheeeee!" in that crazy dimension place.
I don't think you're supposed to say "wheeeeeeeee" when you end up in a place like that. :lol:
You'' never know unless you end up in a situation just like that.
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

Wow, I did not understand that elephant thing. And for some reason, the music outside of the ship really reminds me of the song in LaMulana.
haligonian

Post by haligonian »

kilon wrote:
haligonian wrote:I think it made my life when the red guy/Vermilion went "Wheeeee!" in that crazy dimension place.
You'' never know unless you end up in a situation just like that.
I guess that's true. :D
I'm really nice.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

Damn it raocow, you're not meant to mention the elephant in the room!
Dollop of Mayo

Post by Dollop of Mayo »

Jarimii wrote:Wow, I did not understand that elephant thing. And for some reason, the music outside of the ship really reminds me of the song in LaMulana.
Well if he finds three more, and then discovers the ship is actually on top of a giant turtle, things would make more sense I guess.
The nature of the signature is significant and natural.
http://dollopofmayo.tumblr.com/ - I put comics here because they demand it.
kilon

Post by kilon »

But you have to wonder where this turtle is going..