(shouting)

Levels Signup Thread - NEW INFO

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
Garlyle

Re: A Super Mario Thing - Levels Signup Thread

Post by Garlyle »

I'd like to, ah, de-sign for World 4's cave (Map 19). I'm afraid I just don't have the drive right now.

For anyone curious, the following ideas were passed around in my head:

1. A linear map in which you race to follow a shell that is kicked at the start, trying to keep up with it to the end of the stage - at which point it hits an otherwise inaccessible block to release a key for the secret exit.
2. A pair of twin stages where opening a door transfers you to the other stage. Catch? The secondary map is "flooded" - water lets you reach new heights, but blocks floating on the water might block off certain paths. As such, the player back-and-forths between flooded and non-flooded maps, a bit. So to speak.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Garlyle wrote:I'd like to, ah, de-sign for World 4's cave (Map 19). I'm afraid I just don't have the drive right now.

1. A linear map in which you race to follow a shell that is kicked at the start, trying to keep up with it to the end of the stage - at which point it hits an otherwise inaccessible block to release a key for the secret exit.
2. A pair of twin stages where opening a door transfers you to the other stage. Catch? The secondary map is "flooded" - water lets you reach new heights, but blocks floating on the water might block off certain paths. As such, the player back-and-forths between flooded and non-flooded maps, a bit. So to speak.
idea two sounds like this one idea I had... Two identical levels, the first one is some map16 land tiles which are cement blocks, and then there is water and upside down water but not fully being underwater. Or something like that. Then there is a pipe where upon entering, will turn all land into water and all water into land. (they always look the same though)
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Garlyle wrote:I'd like to, ah, de-sign for World 4's cave (Map 19). I'm afraid I just don't have the drive right now.

I already made a follow the shell level for the cave world.
CondorTalon
Banned

Post by CondorTalon »

Excluding the boss... 3.
AnimeRules

Post by AnimeRules »

I need one more sublevel please, for another fortress section, but with different sprite graphics.
"Sometimes my hell, is so totally what" -raocow
Gobolt

Post by Gobolt »

Could I perhaps have either level 123 or 125, of the special world? No need for sublevels.
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

I am sorry for the lack of response... I started playing An Untitled Story yesterday, and kind of got caught up in the game...

@Argumentable: Perhaps you could ask CondorTalon if he could do one of the other castles instead? Either that, or you could use the grassland castle.

@prsnth1111: Use secondary exit #100-

@chdata: You get sublevels 156 and 157, and the additional secondary exits 102 and 105.

@Kristian: 158-15B are all yours.

@Darius: And what would that gimmick be?

@Nubnix: 15C-15F for you. Remember to make the level kind of hard, as it's the world 7 castle.

@tenta: Actually, there is a normal desert level available now (due to a dropout) should you want it. In any case, you need to tell me how many sublevels you will need.

@Garlyle: Level 19 was claimed quite some while ago.

@CondorTalon: So that is four sublevels all in all, right? Use 43-46.

@Gobolt: As mentioned earlier, to claim a special world level you need to have a gimmick ready for it. What gimmick do you have in mind?
Garlyle

Post by Garlyle »

YCZ: I said de-sign. Synonimous with relinquish, remove self from, etc. I was the one who had stage 19, but I won't be able to complete it. So someone else can take it.

(Looking back that was a TERRIBLE word choice)
Gobolt

Post by Gobolt »

Gimmick would be that of a more or less elaborate jumping puzzle constructed with 97% noteblocks, if not all-out 100% noteblocks. Unless this is a horrid idea that should be killed with fire? >_>
Garlyle

Post by Garlyle »

Gimmick would be that of a more or less elaborate jumping puzzle constructed with 97% noteblocks, if not all-out 100% noteblocks. Unless this is a horrid idea that should be killed with fire? >_>
I vote lots and lots of fire. Unless you can put in other non-stable surfaces and mix it up (Like the veritcal climb level in SMW1's special world)
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

@Garlyle: I guess I should have read your post a bit more carefully...

@Gobolt: A level constructed mostly out of note blocks doesn't sound like a very good idea to me... Levels like those usually turn out to be just annoying.
prsnth1111

Post by prsnth1111 »

Overused noteblocks are annoying and frustrating, just not fun.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

make everything look like a noteblock but only some of them are real noteblocks
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Yoshicookiezues, I guess you didn't see my last post, but I need four sublevels for my gimmick.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
Gobolt

Post by Gobolt »

Hm. I suppose I'll take you guys' word for it that it's a Bad Idea, then. Sorry about that.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Kristian wrote:Yoshicookiezues, I guess you didn't see my last post, but I need four sublevels for my gimmick.
yoshicookiezeus wrote: @Kristian: 158-15B are all yours.
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Machoman

Post by Machoman »

Hm... Scratch my Indiana Jones level, it wasn't really so gimmicky and I don't have the ExGFX. I have another idea for level 123.

If you press a P-Switch, you die. Because the whole level is filled with p-switch blocks. And to make it harder I can put 2 P-switches on eachother so you can't hold the "hold" button to not press anything.

And in some places there will be purple coins, these are "save-spots" and they can be used to maybe cross a gap or something.

What do you think? :|
Nubnibx3

Post by Nubnibx3 »

Mm, About the castle levels, will someone else create the boss levels or is it the castle level designer's job to make the boss level too? o.o
tenta
First name: Alex

Post by tenta »

Alright then il take the desert level yoshi!
AnimeRules

Post by AnimeRules »

So yah, umm yoshi, I think you missed my post, I need one more sublevel please.
"Sometimes my hell, is so totally what" -raocow
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

So I seem to have done. Take sublevel 160.
Darius

Post by Darius »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:@Darius: And what would that gimmick be?
Okay so get this... The entire level is composed of water and lava. The player uses the water to navigate around the lava. There'd be water tunnels, water stairs, water climbs, water drops, all that good stuff.
Machoman

Post by Machoman »

just so everyone know, I'm in the making of an automatic level, but it's gonna be my first one.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Machoman wrote:just so everyone know, I'm in the making of an automatic level, but it's gonna be my first one.
bad idea, as stated before we even officially started this collab thing, we don't want any first time level designers, whether is be regular levels or automatic ones.

@YCZ- I'm a little concerned with some of the levels I've been seeing lately. A lot of them seem like fillers. I know the vip series had it's fair share of fillers but seriously now, we've been getting a lot.
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

Well ow. i'll agree that quality control is needed at some stage but at least let the guy try. if the level isn't good enough it won't get in, and surely it's a good idea to encourage people to do their best, so everyone can have fun getting involved. This is my first time hacking too and i...wow. Not quite sure what to say to that really. Does that mean i'm going to be stripped of my level allocation and cast down, shamed and unworthy? Maybe i'm overreacting here but...wow.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!