(shouting)

An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: An Untitled Story-Rebelling by exploring like a penguin

Post by raocow »

Not gonna lie - after doing this game I'm super tempted to do the Jumper thrilogy.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
TLs4

Post by TLs4 »

I would like to point out to the thousands and thousands of people (lol more like 10 of you) who watched me suffer live and try to figure out how to do the exact jump raocow was having trouble with in today's video

[yell] THAT ITS CLEARLY NOT AS OBVIOUS AS IT SEEMS! [/yell]

Ha!
Zeeco

Post by Zeeco »

TLs4 wrote:I would like to point out to the thousands and thousands of people (lol more like 10 of you) who watched me suffer live and try to figure out how to do the exact jump raocow was having trouble with in today's video

[yell] THAT ITS CLEARLY NOT AS OBVIOUS AS IT SEEMS! [/yell]

Ha!
Actually, (not meant to be offensive), it is kind of obvious. I couldn't figure it out my first time playing the game, so I started heading in the opposite direction for a while, and then I suddenly thought "...Oh."

Then I went back and did the jump correctly.
Trotim

Post by Trotim »

raocow wrote:Not gonna lie - after doing this game I'm super tempted to do the Jumper thrilogy.
But wouldn't that be boring?
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

Trotim wrote:
raocow wrote:Not gonna lie - after doing this game I'm super tempted to do the Jumper thrilogy.
why?
pixisticks

Post by pixisticks »

*timidly raises hand*

I'm more of a lurker than anything else, but I've been playing this game too because it looks simple, and is it okay if I ask a question about a point I'm at in the game? Or should I wait until raocow gets there so it's more on-topic?

*scuttles off nervously*
FRK

Post by FRK »

Are you going to be doing original Jumper 1 or Redux version?
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

So yeah, you CAN do that jump in The Curtain. Its a kind of counter-intuitive jump that hasn't been explained to you anywhere else in the game up to this point.

Also, in that one Dark Grotto area you ended the video in, there is SOMETHING there. Keep trying. ;)
atruong18

Post by atruong18 »

Time Traveler wrote:So yeah, you CAN do that jump in The Curtain. Its a kind of counter-intuitive jump that hasn't been explained to you anywhere else in the game up to this point.

Also, in that one Dark Grotto area you ended the video in, there is SOMETHING there. Keep trying. ;)
well you had some experience doing 'that' jump in skysand already.
honestly, i figured it out after 1-2minutes of looking at the screen and doing the jumps wrong.

also find it funny how at the end of the video he was practically at the spot for a secret but moved before he found out.

also, simple mode is so....TOO SIMPLE O.o
breezed through everything so easily and so far only take 1, 4, 10, or 20 dmg (2 toughness upgrades)
Last edited by atruong18 14 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Fapnoob

Post by Fapnoob »

Clearly you should do another video and go explore beyond the save room area... Cause i want to see how the plot thickens!
Trotim

Post by Trotim »

raocow wrote:
Trotim wrote:
why?
The Jumper games are not as exciting as any of the games you played so far at all. How would it even work? Would you cut out 100 deaths, every level? I just can't imagine it. Feel free to prove me wrong.
StarkMaximum

Post by StarkMaximum »

I love how raocow can find all sorts of hearts, abilities, and secret paths that I'd have never thought to find on my own, and yet when it comes to a part that took me all of ten seconds to figure out, he stumbles around for like five minutes and gets confused. Pretty hilarious!
raocow wrote:I'M SO GOD DAMN WACKY
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

raocow, don't LP Jumper. The first game is a bad game, the third game is kind of crap, and while the second one is certainly worth playing, it involves a LOT of deaths and is not at all good LP material, especially for someone like you who does live rambly commentary.

Also, hint for The Curtain in case you still haven't figured it out somehow: The yellow energy is for recharging your doublejump while remaining on the ceiling. I think you can figure it out from that, if you haven't already.

The final boss is a bitch on Masterful, goddamn.
Last edited by Madacaek 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
raocow

Post by raocow »

Hey guys I think I won't be doing the Jumper trilogy once I'm done.
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

raocow wrote:Hey guys I think I won't be doing the Jumper trilogy once I'm done.
I endorse this product and/or service.
AirPump

Post by AirPump »

MoneySeize might be a better choice for LP'ing. It lets you skip just about any level you don't like, assuming you have enough coins, and it's really only super hard if you're going for 100%. Else it's just challenging. Just make sure you use the downloadable version, as the online version has a tendency to not save your data. Found that out the hard way.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I like today's video. The highlight was when he discovered that heart in the ground of NightWalk. Good job! That one is a toughy to find.
Though it does amaze me how badly he misses/misinterprets things. He passed the camp 3 times before going in. (sigh)
Another thing, I do think Matt/YMM is using raocow to balance the game. He better get some credit.

Back at the MMGF, we have unofficial names for the bosses (except one call Fluffy). Here are the ones you have fought so far:

-GrottoRed
-DeepCannon
-ColdBlob
-NightSpirit
-StoneHead
-FarBall
-GrottoEye
-SkyMummy
-DeepDragon
-DarkRed
-StoneEye (undefeated)

On the Jumper Trilogy. The game is hard. You will die hundreds of times on single levels.
-Jumper 1 is ofcoarse the beginning, and the baseline of the adventure. Very hard after sector 3.
-Jumper 2 has improved physics and graphics, new fun abilites, and large difficulty spikes after level 5, and again, sector 3. And the same hundreds of deaths. Average death count at the end of the game goes from 2000-4000. There is a checkpoint if you go in the easy mode, which is much more Let's Playable but alot of the unlockables are unavailable then (it's mainly cosmetic though).
-Jumper 3 has way different physics, and the game is much more slippery as a result. A unique 'choose your character' approach is used, and the learning curve is much more gentle. You can also skip levels with coins, but that makes getting all hats impossible
-Redux is a release of J1, with different levels along with the old ones.

Oh, and hi Trotim, retrogamer, and vgboy.
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

raocow wrote:Hey guys I think I won't be doing the Jumper trilogy once I'm done.
Did you download it and play it or is this related to something we'll be seeing tomorrow?

Either way, I approve of the decision. I really, really, really hate Jumper. The only reason I even tried Untitled Story is because the guy who suggested it to me said "Don't worry, even though it's made by the same guy, it's nothing like Jumper."

One hit kills with infinite retries for every room isn't a game, it's a memorization simulator. There's no consequence for failure, and the only reward for success is one more (slightly harder) room of the same thing. And maybe a short cutscene of your guy... going to the next area full of slightly more difficult rooms. It's like playing Simon with yourself.
YMM

Post by YMM »

Hey, this is Matt, the guy who made AUS.

Just wanted to stop in and say that I love watching LPs of AUS and this one is very entertaining. As an artist, it's fun to see someone experience my creation, especially when that person goes into it blind and says what's on their mind.

As a game designer, it's helpful to see what confuses the player and what doesn't, what gives a player difficulty and what doesn't. Many parts of AUS are designed to intrigue/confuse the player at first, but slowly reveal themselves - other parts are not but can still cause confusion (which I would regard as a flaw). Some parts of AUS are designed to contain a difficulty spike (the difficulty is not meant to be a flat increase over time) - and some are not meant to have a spike but have one anyways (another type of flaw).

I have definitely been using this LP (as well as two others on YouTube, by hateworkboy and CeilingNinja) along with forum posts (such as these) and other playtesters to help me rebalance parts of the game in my updates. I am mostly interested in rebalancing Simple mode, because I see this as by far the most broken difficulty level (with very easy combat but not much changes from Regular platforming-wise). Simple being broken also severely restricts the accessibility of the game to newer players. But I've also been changing things outside of Simple mode if it makes sense.

So, thanks! Hope you enjoy the rest of the game.
Madacaek

Post by Madacaek »

GauRocks wrote:One hit kills with infinite retries for every room isn't a game, it's a memorization simulator.
Are you sure you're not just bad at videogames? Sure, there's memorization involved in making sure you take the right path and know how to time your jumps, but you say this as if there still isn't skill involved in actually pulling off the whole thing.
urdailywater

Post by urdailywater »

Kind of a hint thingy:

raocow, if the yellow thing sends you back to the ceiling, can't you double jump after falling off again?

I kept thinking you could just jump onto the right side after that.. if you have enough double jump height though..
Dealth0072

Post by Dealth0072 »

Madacaek wrote:
GauRocks wrote:One hit kills with infinite retries for every room isn't a game, it's a memorization simulator.
Are you sure you're not just bad at videogames? Sure, there's memorization involved in making sure you take the right path and know how to time your jumps, but you say this as if there still isn't skill involved in actually pulling off the whole thing.
Games are supposed to be fun, Ive seen my friend play jumper and its the same thing, just a big room where its really easy to die, and your just back at the start. Even if you do win, its just another room. I 3rd the decision not to LP it.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Madacaek wrote:
You've never played Jumper, have you? And for the record, I've beaten all three.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Booo95

Post by Booo95 »

OMG Matt! So like, why is the final boss such a joke compared to the rest of the bosses?

raocow: Making you scream the answer at your screen but not loud enough to travel back in time so you just look like a jerk since 2007.
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

Booo95 wrote:OMG Matt! So like, why is the final boss such a joke compared to the rest of the bosses?
This is a joke, right?