(shouting)

A Super Mario Thing - Levels Submission Thread

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: A Super Mario Thing - Levels Submission Thread

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

I still need the contents of that "display level message" sprite.

Also, "Desert Sprint" sounds a lot like the name of another level in the hack, "Pipe Sprint". May I suggest changing the level name to "PANIC PANIC PANIC"? I can change the ever-resetting time limit to 100, so that the music will speed up even more every time you enter a pipe.

And it would have been nice if the .asm block you included actually worked.
SmwFan

Post by SmwFan »

Ok i think i got everything this time the message and the blocks are included in the file also the blocks should work because they did for me

Also if you change the time limit it kinda removes the whole challenge part considering the level is pretty easy and my level is about moving through obstacles quickly
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Oh, I'd say the level is still pretty challenging with a time level of 100 seconds, especially for someone playing it for the first time. And besides, the hack isn't supposed to be as hard as possible; remember that it will be played without emulator tools by raocow.

And I am guessing that you used the .bin version of the block, which probably works just fine. However, the .asm version don't, and I don't see any reason at all to use the original Blocktool instead of BTSD. Luckily, the block is so simple that I could easily find why it wasn't working (the person who made the .asm version must have used some different Blocktool version...) and recode it so it does.

And I don't really think that upside down question mark blocks make any sense for the graphics of the blocks, so if you don't mind, I'll just change them to a different-coloured goal point bar tile.
SmwFan

Post by SmwFan »

Yeh ok I was gonna replace the upside question blocks with something different but couldnt think of anything but either way ok
621Fba

Post by 621Fba »

///
Last edited by 621Fba 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

621Fba wrote:Here's level 109; Up N' Ice!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5ewzgmnmcrj

Problem: The background got to be fix.
No offense, but that level looks kind of ...bleh. Do you have experience with lunar magic prior to this collab? Like have you ever made a hack of your own? Ultimately though, it's mister yoshicookiezeus' decision.
621Fba

Post by 621Fba »

Daarkbuu wrote:

No offense, but that level looks kind of ...bleh. Do you have experience with lunar magic prior to this collab? Like have you ever made a hack of your own? Ultimately though, it's mister yoshicookiezeus' decision.
Yeah. I know. Because of the Vertical Postion, it's was hard. I have experience with Lunar Magic, but it's kinda hard to understand sometimes.
prsnth1111

Post by prsnth1111 »

I agree with DarkBuu.....
HarmfulGravemind
First name: Steve

Post by HarmfulGravemind »

ok, change in "Modify Main and Midway Entrence" the "Layer 1,2 (FG,BG) Initial Position" from "FG=00" to "FG=C0" So that you can actually start the Level without dieing. Oh and you die after you go in the pipe because of Marios Spawn Positon on Level 14E... change the Spawn Position on Level 14E to "X2 - Y6 - S1"
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I hope I got everything
Starry Nights.zip
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
621Fba

Post by 621Fba »

HarmfulGravemind wrote:

ok, change in "Modify Main and Midway Entrence" the "Layer 1,2 (FG,BG) Initial Position" from "FG=00" to "FG=C0" So that you can actually start the Level without dieing. Oh and you die after you go in the pipe because of Marios Spawn Positon on Level 14E... change the Spawn Position on Level 14E to "X2 - Y6 - S1"
Thanks for the help! The Spawn Positon on 14E was a dumb mistake...

Name of the Level: A P-Switch Thing
http://www.mediafire.com/?jnzznmjumnd
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Sorry, but no. A two-way trip through nine screen of perfectly flat land with copy-pasted platforms just won't do it, not to mention cutoffness absolutely everywhere and a horrible BG palette.

And please don't submit entire ROMs.
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Level Submission, here.
Level 101, bottom-ish place on the Ice OW.

"Red Koopa's Sparkling Red Death"

It's Medium-Barely Hard Difficulty.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
Kil

Post by Kil »

Here are the files for the kanji factory level for wherever you decide to use it (special world?)
Kanji_Factory_Level.zip
Contents of box 108-1:
-- NO LOITERING --

DISRUPTING THE
KANJI ASSEMBLY
LINE MAY DELAY THE
RELEASE OF VIP 5

- ADMINISTRATOR

Contents of box 108-2:
-- WARNING --

KANJI UNLOADING
ENTRANCE

DO NOT ENTER

- ADMINISTRATOR

Looks good with word wrap and auto space

No sublevels
DON'T PM me. Ask your question in the help thread so everyone can be answered.
Norpser

Post by Norpser »

Here is map level 11c

Its Called the Final Assault - Sub levels 151 and 152
WHOA MAN! This is a signature.
MC50

Post by MC50 »

Alright then, I guess I'll submit the level here, then. It's the same as the one I posted in the other topic.

It's level 111, "Flying Objects Sea"

The zip file is attached with both the level (111) and the Sublevel (142). The level is entirely vanilla, but if anyone has improvements or suggestions I'd be happy to listen.

Also, I messed up the subentrance numbers - For level 111 I used 142, and 142 I used 111, so when you first insert the level into Lunar Magic it will say that certain pipes lead to area 0. When you insert both the level and the sublevel, it works fine.

There's also a Savestate included right outside the valley fortress (the original level), as well as an IPS that will change that level to this one, if anyone wanted to play the level.
Norpser

Post by Norpser »

Finished level 01c! woot

No sub levels or anything like that

The name of it is.... Dodge away AquaMan! or Use evade AquaMan! (Your choice)

Edit: I changed a few things around. After playing it more times I found that there were parts based entirely on luck which was not what I wanted. I changed it around and added a few things to make it look better as well. Hope this doesn't affect anything with inserting it!
Nubnibx3

Post by Nubnibx3 »

Level 118 Completed!
Four Sub Levels (15C-15F)
Completely Vanilla, only "gimmick" is layer 2 shenanigans
The door in the final sub-level will lead to the boss but, I dunno if someone else is in charge of the boss level making or if I was supposed to do that too, regardless, here's Level 118 D:
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

@Norpser and Nubnibx3: I am sorry, but both of your levels seem to be a bit below our standards. Norpser, your level is simply too repetitive, and Nubnibx, that castle seems almost Kaizo-ish in its difficulty level, as well as having quite a bit of graphical issues. As mentioned innumerable times, raocow will be playing through this thing without emulator tools.
Lupinius

Post by Lupinius »

The "Cave Castle"
With levels 21 and 3B, and Map16Tile 304.
Meh why not: Image
Machoman

Post by Machoman »

Lupinius wrote:The "Cave Castle"
With levels 21 and 3B, and Map16Tile 304.

I don't know why it happens but when I throw a blue brick on the ON/OFF switch , a new ON/OFF switch creates under it? Here I did it two times.
Norpser

Post by Norpser »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:@Norpser and Nubnibx3: I am sorry, but both of your levels seem to be a bit below our standards. Norpser, your level is simply too repetitive, and Nubnibx, that castle seems almost Kaizo-ish in its difficulty level, as well as having quite a bit of graphical issues. As mentioned innumerable times, raocow will be playing through this thing without emulator tools.
If you mean just my 1c level then I will give it up to someone else, that is fine with me. But if you meant the 11c level as well, I will make changes to it.
AnimeRules

Post by AnimeRules »

Here's the desert fortress, called Spinning Sand Castle. Please place a sprite in the beginning that either makes Mario Small upon entry. Also, replace the custom sprite thwomps with your edits that make the sound effect please.
EDIT: Make the sprite make mario small actually, not big.
EDIT Again:First one is already inserted into the main rom.
00 level_ender_boss_music.cfg
A2 thwomp_left.cfg
A3 thwomp_right.cfg
A4 gau.cfg
A5 nyololin.cfg
A6 smlfire.cfg
A8 pionpi.cfg
AA suu.cfg
AB honen.cfg
Spinning Sand Castle.zip
"Sometimes my hell, is so totally what" -raocow
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

@Norpser: Yes, the 11C fortress needs quite a bit of improvement as well.
Firstly, REPETITIVENESS DOES NOT EQUAL GOOD LEVEL DESIGN. x screens of nearly flat ledges with some enemies thrown in here and there, or jumping on bullet bill launchers over lava in a slow autoscroll, gets boring really quickly. This is the most major thing you need to fix; you would probably do best by starting the level over from scratch.
Secondly, the graphics. Airships and tanks created out of yellow pipes just don't work. If ever a level needed some ExGFX, it would be this one. It is possible to create a decent-looking vanilla airship (I've done it; the yellow logs from the rope tilesets with a palette change kind of works), but there is no good replacement in the original graphics for the tank treads. Using the donut bridges as wheels just looks horrible. Another graphical complaint would be the floating bullet bill launchers under the airships; Use the Map16 editor to create an upside down one on tile 320 (I have it placed there in the main ROM) and use that instead. And stacked cannons don't look too good either.
AnimeRules

Post by AnimeRules »

Could you raise the time limit of my previous level by 50-100 seconds?
"Sometimes my hell, is so totally what" -raocow