(shouting)

Mega Man Legends 2 - Fly Me to the Moon

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
SpoonyBardOL

Re: Mega Man Legends - Digging Up a Classic

Post by SpoonyBardOL »

I think raocow memory-holing the option to unlock Sub Cities on a terminal he JUST interacted with was one of the most frustrating LP watcher moments in a bit, haha. At least he found it by episode's end.

Honestly, this is probably more the start of the third act than the very end, though MML is a short adventure so we are still fairly close to being done anyway.
EllenHouraisan
Cat llama enthusiast
First name: Iris
Pronouns: she/her

Post by EllenHouraisan »

You know, the Bruno fight seems like the kind of thing that I'd really enjoy. Kinda reminds me of the boss fights in Chantelise, where it's just jank enough to be neat but not enough to be a pain in the butt.

Amazing boss theme, too.
:trans_pride: :bi_pride:
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I think letting you fight the dog robots in tight corridors where they are kind of useless is a neat idea. You've already fought them in an open area where the three of them together are really effective, so the game gives you a cathartic moment of catching them off guard later on.
helucard

Post by helucard »

If the controls weren't as finnicky as they are, and actually gave you a proper method of aiming and moving smoothly and comfortably, I could see Bruno being a heck of a neat boss fight. As it stands though, its attacks prevent you from staying in one place for very long, so sitting around and holding the camera rotato button leaves you pretty vulnerable, especially with the recoil period on firing a shot preventing you from quickly jumping or moving afterwards. Smoother controls could've worked very well in its favour. Pity, really :(

Still pretty cool tho!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageSpin, goopa, spin~
SpoonyBardOL

Post by SpoonyBardOL »

raocow hits the nail on the head here regarding the Bonnes. Earlier in the thread I said Mega Man Legends was a game that's more than the sum of its parts, and the Bonnes are probably the biggest part of that equation. They're probably some of the most lovable antagonists out there and help give the game's story forward momentum. There's a good reason Tron got a dang spinoff after all.

You probably already recorded the next one by now raocow but if you get stuck on what to do, or are wondering if the fight against Bruno actually GAVE you anything:

look back at the rubble of the hanger. You'll remember you entered the area from a black elevator entrance, but there's no a second one there in the rubble, the hanger needed to be destroyed to access it.

helucard

Post by helucard »

Oh ... Oh dear, that is a sudden and worrying note to end an episode on...
Got no idea what it'll entail, I sincerely hope it's fun, but if we hit a cliffhanger, we at least have an episode's worth of content we just accidentally walked into.

Good luck with the races, in the retroactive, raocow
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageSpin, goopa, spin~
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

In today's episode, raocow bills the duck.
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I mean, I'm more concerned about the lack of a save after rushing right in to two of those special fight rooms. You better not game over... or else you'll game over! Mm-hmm. Glad you're at least sort of going through some of the side attractions the game has to offer again. But like you said, that's just how you play, so I'm used to it at this point.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

tron is the superior ship
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Grounder wrote: 1 year ago tron is the superior ship
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Since you asked, there are a decent-ish number of side quests left that you can do, and I'm putting them in order of easiest to hardest/most time-consuming/boring. I personally recommend the first three for sure, fourth is mostly reading, and the fifth is if you can handle doing chores for the punks.

Hospital - 1 mission - You actually started this by talking to the girl.

Do that again. You're actually able to complete this.

Apple Market - 1 mission - I believe you started this since there were two people there to talk to about a woman that had gone missing. Easily completable... if you know where to look.

Flutter - 1 mission - This one's available after defeating Bruno. Since it's vague to start, I'll 100% say to watch the television on the Flutter to get it rolling. Save before starting this one for sure.

Police HQ - 1 mission - It's a search-and-find,

and it involves talking to a couple of people multiple times if I remember it right. RIP.

Yass Plains - 5 missions - This is the gang dealio. You refused their offer to join earlier because they were rude punks to you that one time. Their missions are back and forth fetchquests. There's one final item for the museum in this quest line if you care about finishing that up.
helucard

Post by helucard »

Gosh, the fact that you refer to the ever present green dress girl as "god" had me in stitches
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageSpin, goopa, spin~
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

i didn't watch this episode until like an hour after it was uploaded? so i thought you just thought that god (teal dress) and green dress were the same when you saw green in like. the middle of the street and teal in the bank. but this episode proves me wrong. she is god (music shop and The Roof).

actually I Think it's a case of everyone just being constantly omnipresent due to models being treated as 2d npc sprites in rpgs. so everyone looks the same if they're generic. cap man with the >:) face is Everywhere. i like his face

will add that im also a huge fan of you calling the death booths "death booths/elevators". futurama fans represent
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

You did the good ones. The missing lady was in

the area south of Apple Market where the Flutter was originally parked past the long thin passage of rock. Once that passage opens up again, she's over on the immediate right by the wall.

The gang thing doesn't matter at this point. It's something they expect you to do throughout the game. The clubhouse would visually change as you progress. And I will say that you were one or two people and a trash can search away from finding the missing bag, but I don't blame you since again, it's a talk and find mission which has never been your idea of fun.

And one last thing, you can actually make off with the case of money after picking it up. This would get you 200k Zenny instead of 20k but also make you a total jerk to the people that were praising you for having good manners in today's vid. Did you know the game has a passive ethics system? You do now!
kurt91

Post by kurt91 »

Yeah, like what was mentioned above, the reason the Inspector didn't see the incredibly obvious trunk full of money was because there's a second way to complete that mission. If you had left the area while holding the trunk of money, you get an insane amount of cash and your armor instantly turns black. The black armor is due to the game having a sort of morality system, which changes Mega Man's appearance, and stealing the cash instantly drops you to the highest-possible "Evil" rating. There's no gameplay difference, just visual appearance. (I always did this mainly because the six-digit amount of cash will buy a lot of upgrades from Roll or completely clean out the junk store, and I really like how Dark Mega Man looks.)

If you're interested, you can still drop your rating down by kicking and destroying the vending machines, or doing the recycling "minigame" at Apple Market. Just find the tin can on the ground and kick it like a soccer ball into the bakery. If you get it behind the counter, you're rewarded with money, but for some reason it still counts as an "Evil" action. You can even leave and instantly re-enter Apple Market to make the can respawn.

Since you don't plan on doing the rest of the side-quests, I suppose it's safe to tell you that the various rewards from them would have ended up being the components to build the ultimate weapon of the game, the "Shining Laser". A fully-upgraded Shining Laser is the most broken thing imaginable. You can defeat the final boss with it just by holding the weapon button down and standing still, and the final boss will die before you even have to move. A fully-upgraded "Active Buster" is nearly as good, with the perfect homing capability turning the battle into just randomly firing and occasionally side-stepping an attack.

The "Vacuum Arm" is something that I really wish you had gotten earlier. When it's fully powered up, it has unlimited Energy, infinite Range so that it collects every item in the area, and draws money in so quickly that you literally get everything the frame after you press the button. Most people will spend the entire game with the Vacuum Arm equipped and ignore every other Special Weapon just because it's that efficient to draw in money and upgrade the top-tier weapons.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'm more glad for it being a natural first playthrough. You're not going to know everything going in, and raocow's done a decently good job cleaning up for the most part. I do think it's time to take this one to the Main Gate again since you pretty much saw most of what the game has to offer. No reason to walk away with a negative impression after all the fun stuff before the extra episode of cleanup happened here.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Kind of crazy how the end game just flies in out of nowhere if you just power through. It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on MML1 when it's over.
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

the internet has ruined me 2.png
the internet has ruined me 2.png (140.77 KiB) Viewed 1133 times
Here's the problem: too many toasters!
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

i drew this horokko as a quick sketch and it's kinda sucky

why is it floating? who knows. it's probably toppling over

happy megaman legends
Image Image
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Teisel puts the "O" in "Onii-chan".
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
SpoonyBardOL

Post by SpoonyBardOL »

Man I've been waiting for raocow to get to this cutscene since he became endeared to the Bonnes. Haha. 'Aggressively anime' is the perfect descriptor, from the abrupt and jarring tone shift of the plot to the exceedingly polite antagonist that mostly keeps their eyes closed to the old enemies/rivals showing up to help out with the bigger threat. MML already had the anime dial at about a 8 or 9 and this scene takes it past 11.

Also, while the soundtrack has had a few pieces of classical music here and there (all from Bach I think, like the museum theme?) this one is the most blatant as Mega Man Juno's theme music is just straight up Bach's little fugue in G minor. It's not even like a Parodius thing where it's a remix, I'm pretty sure the version they used is from some public domain album that I can't currently find.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

legends 2

0?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
helucard

Post by helucard »

"Sigh, why can't my gun work..."
Absolutely cackling at that.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageSpin, goopa, spin~
EllenHouraisan
Cat llama enthusiast
First name: Iris
Pronouns: she/her

Post by EllenHouraisan »

raocow for AtMM: Only the platformers, nothing else.

raocow for AtS: *stuck in Osu RPG hell*
:trans_pride: :bi_pride:
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

EllenHouraisan wrote: 1 year ago raocow for AtMM: Only the platformers, nothing else.

raocow for AtS: *stuck in Osu RPG hell*
im sorry for sniping this post off the front page but i dont think raocow is ready for an all the battle networks+star forces even if some of them are pretty ballin' (bn1 is so annoying, i have no idea if im just bad at it or what)
Image Image