(shouting)

Rockman 7 EP - Economic Power

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Re: Rockman 7 EP - Emitted Plasma

Post by camwoodstock »

Grounder wrote: 2 years ago
camwoodstock wrote: 2 years ago before we watch the video: raocow start experimenting with the special weapons and stop using just the fucking mega buster
the game isn't punishing him for it, at least not in an obvious way
yeah!!! well!!! maybe our angry face will punish him!!! >:C
we'll keep doing this until he uses special weapons or we get bored!!! >:C
I'M SO MAD!!! >:C
(ok we're bored now)
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

don't worry the game will push his absolute shit in during the wily stages if he keeps refusing the weapons
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

To be fair, this is always how raocow does Mega Man games -- buster-only the robot master stages, then use their weapons more during the Wily stages and try to kill the masters with their weaknesses during the refights. It may not be the approach this hack was designed around, but it's the one he's used to.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

yeah like, okay

in theory, each of the starter stages are designed with the idea that they could be your first stage, and so I more or less play them with that in mind, with some exception here or there

things tend to change after we're done with the initial 8
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

i have not seen raocow play megaman in years and also i mostly play with buster outside of weapons with secondary functions (like grabbing items) and trying to remember the weakness chain in boss fights so...

i am glad cames jameron and toki tori posted the thing because i love shitpoasting
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

A little tangential, but I recall the original game seeming to go smoother if I tried to just use lemons instead of charged shots. The damage race aspect far outweighed any damage advantage the charge shot gave me, and in that game it's especially nerfed, only doing 2 bars of damage and getting dissipated if you take a hit.
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

raocow wrote: 2 years ago yeah like, okay

in theory, each of the starter stages are designed with the idea that they could be your first stage, and so I more or less play them with that in mind, with some exception here or there

things tend to change after we're done with the initial 8
that much makes sense, usually when we play a Mega Mans we have very much the opposite idea in mind of "there is generally a stage you want to do first, also the moment you have like more than two of them Use Special Weapons Use The Funny Things Do It All The Time Forever" and we FULLY blame the fact our first mega man game was 10 and charge shots didn't exist as a not-proto man character and you were stuck with just standard shots (which seemed super bad) for this playstyle specifically PFFFFF. it just kinda got internalized that Not Using Special Weapons feels... it isn't "wrong" obviously, you're generally expected to be able to beat everything with Just A Mega Buster with the notable exceptions of stuff like the rare puzzle boss (side-eyes a lot of lategame mega man 2) but it does feel like it is a conscious decision to not do so (and to be fair... it kinda is, but not in the way we're thinking it oops)
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
JupiHornet

Post by JupiHornet »

I admittedly haven't been following this LP (been busy), but I do feel like a lot of the posts yelling at raocow for not using weapons are...a bit much? I mean, I personally think 7 EP has a fantastic weaponset, but it can also be worth using the Buster so you can see all the custom enemy AIs and stuff instead of blowing through them instantly (ironically, the latter is something I've gotten flack for). I only think it's a problem when people refuse to use weapons in insanely tough hacks like Rockman 4 Minus Infinity and then complain about the difficulty.
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

JupiHornet wrote: 2 years ago I admittedly haven't been following this LP (been busy), but I do feel like a lot of the posts yelling at raocow for not using weapons are...a bit much? I mean, I personally think 7 EP has a fantastic weaponset, but it can also be worth using the Buster so you can see all the custom enemy AIs and stuff without blowing through them instantly (ironically, the latter is something I've gotten flack for). I only think it's a problem when people refuse to use weapons in insanely tough hacks like Rockman 4 Minus Infinity and then complain about the difficulty.
i mean it's mostly just been us who've wanted to see them more (and even then we actually didn't think were being rude aside from like, the One joke which kobabeach enabled us to do), and also yeah we are also certified 7 EP Weaponset Enjoyers. sorry if it came off as malicious at any point tho as that was not our intent!!
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

"you never see girl metools out in the field"

Mettaur Mommy is the name of the MM5 ones that explode into smaller mets, if that counts.

(they're not exactly Excellent Parents)
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
Grounder

Re: Rockman 7 EP - Ew, Poop

Post by Grounder »

please clean your stage burst man

please
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

because burst man is where the poop is
Image Image
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

&: Oh, that's what EP stands for! eJumanji p!
KobaBeach wrote: 2 years ago because burst man is where the poop is
where there's smoke, they burst man back
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

camwoodstock wrote: 2 years ago
KobaBeach wrote: 2 years ago because burst man is where the poop is
where there's smoke, they burst man back
i didn't get any notification because i didn't refresh any talkhaus page (i was busy eating falafels and watching the secret rings video) so i only noticed this when i wanted to look at grounder's post again

but rest assured, i fart buttoned
Image Image
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

JupiHornet wrote: 2 years ago I admittedly haven't been following this LP (been busy), but I do feel like a lot of the posts yelling at raocow for not using weapons are...a bit much? I mean, I personally think 7 EP has a fantastic weaponset, but it can also be worth using the Buster so you can see all the custom enemy AIs and stuff instead of blowing through them instantly (ironically, the latter is something I've gotten flack for). I only think it's a problem when people refuse to use weapons in insanely tough hacks like Rockman 4 Minus Infinity and then complain about the difficulty.
I'm not yelling I'm teasing there's a distinct difference. but not in rudeness
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

So when will raocow try pressing Y+B (shoot+jump) when selecting Shade Man's stage? I want to see if Puresabe did a different track than Ghouls and Ghosts...
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
TiKi

Re: Rockman 7 EP - Extra Playstyles

Post by TiKi »

KobaBeach wrote: 2 years agodon't go bothering him because he can't understand english (or broken google translate japanese) for the most part and he'll just end up blocking you for stressing him out, kamiya style.
i never really questioned it until now, but on second thought, isn't it a little... gatekeepy to refuse to interact with someone unless they know a language? does google translated english -> japanese suck more than google translated japanese -> english? i can't speak for the former but for the latter i've usually been able to get the gist of the message and reading it never really frustrated me.
JupiHornet

Post by JupiHornet »

TiKi wrote: 2 years ago
KobaBeach wrote: 2 years agodon't go bothering him because he can't understand english (or broken google translate japanese) for the most part and he'll just end up blocking you for stressing him out, kamiya style.
i never really questioned it until now, but on second thought, isn't it a little... gatekeepy to refuse to interact with someone unless they know a language? does google translated english -> japanese suck more than google translated japanese -> english? i can't speak for the former but for the latter i've usually been able to get the gist of the message and reading it never really frustrated me.
Google Translate is awful for languages like Japanese, so I assume it's pretty bad.
Puresabe's really not that unapproachable (I've talked to him a few times), but a lot of Japanese Mega Man hackers prefer to stay within their own circles. You'll occasionally see some of them post on Twitter or in Twitch chats, but they're generally not very active within the larger Mega Man community.

That said, it's true that Puresabe REALLY doesn't like being asked about stuff like what he's currently working on, when his next hack is coming out, etc. (but can you really blame him?).
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

JupiHornet wrote: 2 years ago
TiKi wrote: 2 years ago i never really questioned it until now, but on second thought, isn't it a little... gatekeepy to refuse to interact with someone unless they know a language? does google translated english -> japanese suck more than google translated japanese -> english? i can't speak for the former but for the latter i've usually been able to get the gist of the message and reading it never really frustrated me.
Google Translate is awful for languages like Japanese, so I assume it's pretty bad.
Puresabe's really not that unapproachable (I've talked to him a few times), but a lot of Japanese Mega Man hackers prefer to stay within their own circles. You'll occasionally see some of them post on Twitter or in Twitch chats, but they're generally not very active within the larger Mega Man community.

That said, it's true that Puresabe REALLY doesn't like being asked about stuff like what he's currently working on, when his next hack is coming out, etc. (but can you really blame him?).
I've spoken to Puresabe a few times in the past and he was nice, but jesus christ asking people to not talk to you in a language you don't understand isn't gatekeeping, it's imposing boundaries lmao

And no Google Trans is garbo trash for Japanese. DeepL is better and some Japanese SMW hackers use it to converse in English (Kitikuchan used to but he's now teaching himself English) but honestly it's best to try and learn some basic Japanese and work off that.

I'd honestly ask for help and advice on making Mega Man ASM hacks, but they probably wouldn't be able to give me a decent answer since they can't really speak English very well and what they do know was tailored to their own needs. Need to get back to SMW ASM hacks too w
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

in which the main theme of the stage is "the feeling of being run over by a car"

edit: i think self burning may be a romancing saga 2&3 reference? there was a pyrology (rs2) and shucho (rs3) spell that worked the same way in them, but im not sure actually. the canon translation as of the recent remasters is Self-immolation though (Source 1, Source 2)
Image Image
strongbadman

Re: Rockman 7 EP - Efficacious Pistons

Post by strongbadman »

I'm glad you're keeping your usual megaman naming scheme going for romhacks as well. Excited to see if that happens with Sonic fan content as well in the future. The not too close future. Still got about 14 years of games to go, good lord.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Think it's a case of not letting the tires or Mega's head get hit by the spikes there to avoid damage. Easier said than done, but easily healed up after you've gotten through it like most of the trap areas shown to this point in the hack. Just going off of memory from Heavy Sigh's run of it.
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

I couldn't think of anything clever for yesterday! Turns out this isn't as Easy Peasy as I had thought.

I love the idea of Wily being a big nerd-geek-nerd who can't help but babble about exactly how much he's improved his newest robots' specs.

New house rule idea: in the Wily castle, only let yourself use the special weapons. Only after you run out of ammo and W tanks can you use the buster again.
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Catabo wrote: 2 years ago New house rule idea: in the Wily castle, only let yourself use the special weapons. Only after you run out of ammo and W tanks can you use the buster again.
raocow does this and just like that it becomes an oyster lp

and i don't mean it in a "shitty japanese translations" way
Image Image
camwoodstock

Post by camwoodstock »

self-burning is BASICALLY 7EP's answer to 4MI's Hell Wheel. unwieldy at first but it is iconic and you can get REALLY good at using it, to the point of just totally Shredding entire levels. and that "entire levels" isn't even a bit, there's a reason some people have described it as the "i don't feel like playing the level" button, it's that good. apparently there's a TAS of this hack(??? we gotta find that) and it just liberally abuses self-burning. not bad for the Spontaneous Human Combustion Weapon!
KobaBeach wrote: 2 years ago
Catabo wrote: 2 years ago New house rule idea: in the Wily castle, only let yourself use the special weapons. Only after you run out of ammo and W tanks can you use the buster again.
raocow does this and just like that it becomes an oyster lp

and i don't mean it in a "shitty japanese translations" way
&: ...Do you mean it in a "raocow let's plays a plate of oysters" way?