(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

The Doctor

Re: request grab-bag

Post by The Doctor »

Oh, damn. I do remember hearing about some controversy with Bug Fables, but I didn't know the details.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

play this demo it'd be funny

money reminded me of it on twitter
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

from the devs of wandersong, and lena raine (of celeste fame) is there too among others
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

TiKi

Post by TiKi »

SAJewers wrote: 2 years ago
i thought the "hey that music sounds like persona 5" trend was hilarious but go on to see this and think "hey it's like reimu!"
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

TiKi wrote: 2 years ago i thought the "hey that music sounds like persona 5" trend was hilarious but go on to see this and think "hey it's like reimu!"
that's more sayo-chan/pocky than anything

pc98 reimu and sayo both look more like traditional shrine maidens than windows reimu though
Image Image
Petzi

Post by Petzi »

So when are we getting a playthrough of Mario Paint? We can't emulate the terrible accuracy of the SNES mouse, but that's okay.
Oui oui. Je suis très jambon.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

KobaBeach wrote: 2 years ago
TiKi wrote: 2 years ago i thought the "hey that music sounds like persona 5" trend was hilarious but go on to see this and think "hey it's like reimu!"
that's more sayo-chan/pocky than anything

pc98 reimu and sayo both look more like traditional shrine maidens than windows reimu though
yeah that's the shameful part (i.e. that my brain went to pop culture instead of y'know "oh she's an actual shrine maiden, like those real ones in real life")
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

play river city girls
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Grounder wrote: 2 years ago play river city girls
all the kunio-kuns
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

yeah that is a game I should play

there's a lot of games I should play :|
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

i know they're not adults yet but god "river city women" or SOMETHING would have been far less infantilizing
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

TiKi wrote: 2 years ago
i know they're not adults yet but god "river city women" or SOMETHING would have been far less infantilizing
i think you're just overthinking it
raocow wrote: 2 years ago yeah that is a game I should play

there's a lot of games I should play :|
yeah like popful mail. just make it like an all the ys gaiden

Content warning for possible r slurs, I have not finished the English version, only the Japanese version but >motherfucking working designs
There is definitely ableist jokes involving the dwarf lad in the volcano mines that weren't there in the JP version. US name is Glug, JP name is Jacob, the j is pronounced like a y in japanese (like the biblical figure in some languages, same katakana)

My favorite character personally is Blackie though (US: Slick, a much better name), least favorite is the US version of Zämmer (pronounced "tsehmah") who is known as Sven T. Uncommon in said version and. Is literally just an Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonator beat beyond dead horse status throughout an entire world (like 4 areas and a main boss). His Japanese personality is a bland "brutal human warrior gone rogue" type but man the US rendition goes from boring to outright grating, like A Lot of WD's jokes sadly.

Lischenburg Kreuzel Bartlund von Eric Raschelnn IV (Eric for short)'s laugh stuck with me though. His US name is... God.

Clabberdeen Clotchsnyffer Leetzelwiffle Poopiewouffen von Venuncio Kraken-Lichter Rachetface the 14th

(Venuncio for short). "Clotchsnyffer" "Poopiewouffen", he's not a serious character but god have some restraint
Image Image
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Another game for consideration, currently free at the Epic Game Store.

Also, how the hell do you make the YT preview windows normal sized? I always get thumbnail sizes |:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

thatguyif wrote: 2 years ago

Another game for consideration, currently free at the Epic Game Store.

Also, how the hell do you make the YT preview windows normal sized? I always get thumbnail sizes |:
you know this does remind me that as much flack as i give companies for removing content to appeal to conservative countries, nintendo did the exact same thing to mine in the 80s and this is a real culture shock to think of how nintendo of america would have probably flat-out said no to this

also, i'm not sure why "devil world" was considered unreleasable in the united states, considering all you'd have to do to make it as palatable as any other NES title is change the crosses/bibles, change the golden cross walls to just plain blue/grey like the rest, and rename it. i've heard it's kind of mediocre but was clu clu land any better???
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

thatguyif wrote: 2 years ago Also, how the hell do you make the YT preview windows normal sized? I always get thumbnail sizes |:
Literally just post the link instead of using the BBCode with the ID. They both have their uses - I often prefer to embed the small ones - but when it's the core of the post just drop the whole YT link without any markup.
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

TiKi wrote: 2 years ago you know this does remind me that as much flack as i give companies for removing content to appeal to conservative countries, nintendo did the exact same thing to mine in the 80s and this is a real culture shock to think of how nintendo of america would have probably flat-out said no to this

also, i'm not sure why "devil world" was considered unreleasable in the united states, considering all you'd have to do to make it as palatable as any other NES title is change the crosses/bibles, change the golden cross walls to just plain blue/grey like the rest, and rename it. i've heard it's kind of mediocre but was clu clu land any better???
Eeeh, the situation was more nuanced there. Nintendo of America definitely wielded some push on censorship, but it was much more a situation where they did it a few times, and then companies just self-censored for the sake of ensuring they get the Seal. It's also worth pointing out that this was the Reagan years: Moral Majority was a serious force that almost became another Catholic League, as did their friends on the Family Television Council along with various feminists. Post-1983, nobody was sure video games were going to stick around. Last thing NOA needed was Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson breathing down their necks. Granted, this fostered the belief of "Nintendo is for babies" for a couple decades, but at the very least it was one less thing to worry about.

Of course, the grand irony of this can be seen now among the Sankaku Complex trolls, who point out with sad regularity (for them) how often Switch titles of their weeby ecchi games show a lot of skin, while Sony, who broke into the gaming industry by aping Sega's "edgy" strategy and adding a heaping of "mature," barely show any for their PS4/PS5 versions.
BobisOnlyBob wrote: 2 years ago Literally just post the link instead of using the BBCode with the ID.
Oh |:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
alternateSMW

Post by alternateSMW »

Whenever raocow decides to play more SMW, I think he would very much enjoy SMW Gaiden.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

alternateSMW wrote: 2 years ago Whenever raocow decides to play more SMW, I think he would very much enjoy SMW Gaiden.
man i wish more smw hacks like this came out but most people seem like they're just interested in streamer kaizo and "my first vanilla" hacks it's really sad

for me specifically, everyone else is having fun which, valid. more the reason for me to mess about with my own
Image Image
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

For your consideration...whenever it gets released
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

anti-request for earthbound

sony (who published the soundtrack that one time) is abusing the youtube system to claim copyright and take down videos
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Grounder wrote: 2 years ago anti-request for earthbound

sony (who published the soundtrack that one time) is abusing the youtube system to claim copyright and take down videos
i feel like that's one of those games like cave story, undertale, or doki doki literature club where it's just too obvious for raocow to play it. citation needed but i think he said that explicitly about cave story
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

TiKi wrote: 2 years ago
Grounder wrote: 2 years ago anti-request for earthbound

i feel like that's one of those games like cave story, undertale, or doki doki literature club where it's just too obvious for raocow to play it. citation needed but i think he said that explicitly about cave story
he expressed mild interest in it at one point iirc
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage