(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by KobaBeach »

NastCF wrote: 2 years ago Hey Koba if you're reading this, what do you figure would be a good rpg/other game to practice beginner level japanese? SMRPG may have been too "well-written" for my current level, if that makes sense lol
Not sure actually, I remember trying FF4 some time ago and having trouble with some stuff despite only using kana, particularily the use of 水蛇 formatted in hiragana (すいじゃ), not a word in jisho, but technically is the water and snake kanji put together. Just go with whatever I guess depending on whether you can read a lot of kanji or not.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Nast

Post by Nast »

KobaBeach wrote: 2 years ago Not sure actually, I remember trying FF4 some time ago and having trouble with some stuff despite only using kana, particularily the use of 水蛇 formatted in hiragana (すいじゃ), not a word in jisho, but technically is the water and snake kanji put together. Just go with whatever I guess depending on whether you can read a lot of kanji or not.
I don't think kanji's too much of a problem, I mean I'm not good at it but I can look them up if needed. But I struggle a lot with stuff like idiomatic expressions, dialects and colloquialisms, so I guess I'm looking for something a little more straightforwardly written in that aspect.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

In one of the game's later dungeons now in Bravely Default II. Some jobs are clearly better than others. Hi, Phantom.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I picked up Murder By Numbers again. It's kind of a visual novel but it throws in Picross so you don't fall asleep playing. Nah, I actually like the characters and I'm not in a rush to just blow through all the story stuff, though I have no interest in the bonus stuff that you get for completing the extra puzzles. I mean, I'm doing the extra puzzles of course, I love Picross. Hey, remember when I was complaining about the Witness in every other post?

Anyway, I just finished the third story chapter, and unless there's more it looks like there's one left. The one problem I do have with Murder By Numbers is that it's clearly making you go down the wrong patch on some story things. I mean, it's part of the plot and not really like you have a choice (nor do you get punished when you don't do what the game wants) but it's still a little annoying when I go "No I don't agree with what you're thinking GAME" and not being able to do anything about it. It's a minor gripe, it doesn't detract from my enjoyment but does get a few eye rolls
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

I finished Order of Ecclesia... boy am I glad that is over. Probably most back forth I've ever been on a game. I want to like it, but the numerous copy pasted rooms in the levels and the overly cheap difficulty make it a slog. I really liked the music and the plot was decent enough, but that's not the only thing to consider with a game.

And so I started Shin Megami Tensei IV for real. I only played for an hour or so before stopping. I'm not totally sure if I'm gonna dive right in just yet, as I would like to finish SMT2 and 3 first (I've beaten SMT1 already) but we shall see.

And my backlog image reminds me that I haven't touched Rune Factory or Super Mario Galaxy in a while lol. I'm not gonna force myself to play something I don't want to haha, that's just asking for pain.
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

Now Playing....
Tales of Zestiria on STEAM. Only one thing is left. The Final Battle. ToZ has an active motion battle system like Trials of Mana. ToZ creates a more dynamic battle than ToM by activating the armatization with a chosen seraph partner. This game has the best OST I've ever played. Anime-styled skits are also interesting. Some people say that the game's graphics are inferior, but graphics aren't everything. Finally, Sorey and Rose (not Alisha though) should have been sweet lovers.
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Argumentable wrote: 2 years agoAnyway, I just finished the third story chapter, and unless there's more it looks like there's one left. The one problem I do have with Murder By Numbers is that it's clearly making you go down the wrong patch on some story things. I mean, it's part of the plot and not really like you have a choice (nor do you get punished when you don't do what the game wants) but it's still a little annoying when I go "No I don't agree with what you're thinking GAME" and not being able to do anything about it. It's a minor gripe, it doesn't detract from my enjoyment but does get a few eye rolls
Sounds kinda reminiscent of advancing the story in the visual novel Kara no Shoujo. It's a full visual novel instead of adding other mechanics but it has this irritating habit of forcing you to make bad decisions. Making good decisions and doing your job as an investigator properly is likely to get you killed thus forcing you to go back to a previous save and ferret out what the correct combination of bad decisions actually is that allows you to advance the plot. (Though as much as I like Kara no Shoujo it has some other major problems too. Such as the fact that despite it being a very depressing murder mystery story it also has a bunch of sex scenes which not only really detract from the story but 99% of them feel totally out of place.)

How long would you say Murder By Numbers is in total playtime? I've had it on my wishlist for awhile because it sounded fairly interesting, though I haven't gotten around to getting it yet.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

I dunno! I'm 3/4ths (possibly) of the way through and it says I've played it for 10 hours. That includes all of the bonus puzzles you can unlock for beating chapters, too. Not sure how long I might've left it running, so lets say the 10-15 hour mark

E: How Long to Beat says 20 hours for just the main story. Either the last chapter isn't the last chapter (or it's extra long) or I'm just really good at picross
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i had over 30 hours on record by the time i beat everything, yeah, though notably this includes needing to replay chapter 3 because there is a missable puzzle there e.e

crash 4 is the second game this year i've played that's managed to find its own unique way of being Deeply, Unfathomably Unfun and that's a shame. i might need a break from this one.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Cyril wrote: 2 years agocrash 4 is the second game this year i've played that's managed to find its own unique way of being Deeply, Unfathomably Unfun and that's a shame. i might need a break from this one.
You're not alone! If you stop trying to 100% levels, it gets a little more enjoyable, but that's about it. Levels that last way too long with too many boxes to collect just isn't fun gameplay.

I've officially broken open Bravely Default II now. Got some experience boosting items, and with a couple of skills equipped, can one-shot these birds that give a ton of the stuff if you take them down. Get into multiple battles at once, and it's on. Gained about thirty levels in a couple hours and was maxing out quite a few jobs, too. Not much left now.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Bean wrote: 2 years ago
Cyril wrote: 2 years agocrash 4 is the second game this year i've played that's managed to find its own unique way of being Deeply, Unfathomably Unfun and that's a shame. i might need a break from this one.
You're not alone! If you stop trying to 100% levels, it gets a little more enjoyable, but that's about it. Levels that last way too long with too many boxes to collect just isn't fun gameplay.
i have not played crash 4 yet and the consensus really does seem to be that 100% ruins the game, like they reintroduced not saving broken boxes in checkpoints which is just completely insane
Image Image
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

After playing the original crash trilogy this year I can attest that trying to 100% any of the games makes them unenjoyable

Though I did 100% the third it was the only one tolerable enough for me
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

Returned to Super Mario RPG recently, playing a hack of it that balances the game's difficulty a bit. I hadn't played the game in over a decade or so. What a magical game. The world, the characters and bizarre enemy/boss design, the incredible music and plethora of easter eggs...

Someday I hope to make a game as lovely as that one.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

KobaBeach wrote: 2 years ago
Bean wrote: 2 years ago
i have not played crash 4 yet and the consensus really does seem to be that 100% ruins the game, like they reintroduced not saving broken boxes in checkpoints which is just completely insane
this is not the thing they do, actually, but there is a new relic type for breaking all the boxes in a level without dying which is essentially the same thing

except these levels are

lllloooooonnnnggg

especially compared to the usually fairly-short crash 1 stages
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Beat the very solid Bravely Default II a couple nights ago and decided to keep the Switch kick going with Sonic Forces of all things. If raocow can get some enjoyment out of Shadow, I sure as heck can go in with that mindset for this game. Playing like a more bland Colors & Generations so far which is about what I expected, but at least Spot the Dog is here to save the day.
Nast

Post by Nast »

Been playing Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2. It's a little clunky but not too bad, it's got a pretty relaxing vibe. It feels like it's aping other similar games that came out around the same era, like Rayman 2 or something. It's lacking a bit in charisma and original ideas, but it's not like that makes it bad or anything. And I mean I basically just started it so I dunno, maybe it'll get more interesting later.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

And Sonic Forces beaten pretty quickly. Not bothering for 100% or anything. It's fine for the most part since stages are short enough that things never get out of control, but levels also never really stand out because of it. The one gripe I have with it is that the platforming in 2D sections either feels like you go too short or too far in midair. It doesn't have that control that you need at times, but again, it's so rarely a thing since most stages are over in a couple minutes at most. Felt like a budget Sonic Colors & Generations combo, honestly.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I've been re-playing Live-A-Live
I love it so much

The Wild West Chapter is still one of my favorites

I'm currently on the Prehistoric chapter, which I don't like as much as I thought I did
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

The Beamdog games (specifically Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition 1 and 2, and Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition) recently got their long-awated 2.6 update and I've started a fairly heavily modded (for me) trilogy/tetrology run.

Code: Select all

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET core (resource importation): 1.0 RC12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Slime Quest: v24
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Beregost Family Quest: v24
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Babysitting Quest, including the Carnival Encounter...: v24
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Nashkel Monster Quest: v24
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Fallen Paladin Quest: v24
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Undying Love Quest: v24
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Lovesick Half-Orc: v24
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Unexpected Help Quest: v24
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #8 // Many Little Paws: v24
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Drunk near Beregost Temple: v24
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Warm Place for Noober: v24
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Brage's Sword: v24
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Legal Sea Charts Sources: v24
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Additions to the Lady's Hall and the Bitch Queen's Temple: v24
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #14 // A Worried Farmer: v24
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bodies for a Good Cause: v24
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Finish Cordyr's Quest without killing Sil: v24
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v25
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v25
~CTB/SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies: 3.0
~CTB/SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #1 // Candlekeep Chores: 3.0
~CTB/SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Other Improvements: 3.0
~DSOTSC/DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dark Side of the Sword Coast (DSotSC): v4.1
~DSOTSC/DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #1 // DSotSC Wizard spells: v4.1
~DSOTSC/DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #2 // DSotSC Priest spells: v4.1
~DSOTSC/DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #3 // More common encounters in vanilla areas: v4.1
~DSOTSC/DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #4 // Distribute DSotSC items also in vanilla content: v4.1
~NTOTSC/NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (NTotSC) for BGT-Weidu, BG:EE, and EET: 4.2.0
~NTOTSC/NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Spawn less Monsters depending on Game Difficulty: 4.2.0
~NTOTSC/NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #2 // Keelor the Dwarf: 4.2.0
~NTOTSC/NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #3 // Llindellyn's Lucky Arrow: 4.2.0
~NTOTSC/NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #4 // Nim Furlwing's Hunting Hounds: 4.2.0
~NTOTSC/NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #5 // Pilar and Gheldehar: 4.2.0
~NTOTSC/NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #6 // Svlast's Torment: 4.2.0
~NTOTSC/NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #7 // Will O'Hara NPC: 4.2.0
~NTOTSC/NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #8 // Will O'Hara: Install English Soundset: 4.2.0
~NTOTSC/NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #9 // Fighting Encounters: 4.2.0
~SOS/SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar: 1.15
~SOS/SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Selence arrives to Waukeens Promenade after the meeting with Gaelan in the slums: 1.15
~EET_END/EET_END.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET end (last mod in install order) -> Standard installation
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #10 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): Beta 6
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #20 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: Beta 6
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #30 // IWD Arcane Spell Pack: Beta 6
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #40 // IWD Divine Spell Pack: Beta 6
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #50 // IWD Bard Song: Beta 6
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #60 // Two Handed Axe Item Pack: Beta 6
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3551 // Increase the power of Cure Wounds and Cause Wounds spells to the level found in 3rd Edition D&D -> Spells heal or inflict the maximum amount of damage in this range: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3580 // Restoration and Lesser Restoration spells heal ability-score damage: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4051 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 1/2 the normal rate: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Improved NPC customisation and management: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4115 // Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4145 // Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections -> Remove the tutorial NPCs from Candlekeep: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4164 // Increase the price of a license to practise magic in Athkatla -> License costs 50,000 gp: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4174 // Increase the price asked by Gaelan Bayle -> Gaelan wants 120,000 gold pieces: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4190 // Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB (warning: this will make it inaccessible until the end of SoA): 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4216 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from the game -> Only remove nonmagical ammo from random containers: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4230 // Delay the arrival of the "bonus merchants" in the Adventurers' Mart and the Copper Coronet: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4240 // Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells (each may be taken only once): 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4250 // Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5080 // Improved textscreens in Tales of the Sword Coast: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly smarter carrion crawlers: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6510 // Improved fiends and celestials: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6520 // Smarter genies: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6550 // Smarter beholders: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6560 // Smarter mind flayers: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Improved kobolds: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity assassins: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8040 // Tie difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings to the difficulty slider: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8060 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix"): 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8130 // Rebalanced troll regeneration: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Improved Drow: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Improved Watcher's Keep: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Improved Sendai's Enclave: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: 33.7
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix Sunfire power levels: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Check for and fix incorrect spell animations: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #201 // Add spell school notifications to the combat log -> All spells with a casting time greater than 1: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #300 // Add expiration notifications for buffs: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #600 // Add expiration notifications for item buffs: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #500 // Reveal all hidden doors: v2.5
~BP-BGT-WORLDMAP/SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Worldmap for Baldur's Gate - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons: v10.2.6
In addition, I'm still slowly gnawing my way through Pokemons Crystal and Sword, and I'm planning on starting streaming GBA Advance Wars (not sure when but I am planning on it enough that I already set my twitch channel up for it)
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

started arc the lad iii and it's pretty poggers but apparently my friend's complaint about lutz being homophobic is actually about how working designs is insistent in replacing a lot of terms with "sissy" and "fruit", especially in lutz's dialogue.

and i also found out that a rape implication in arc 2 is literally added in by working designs, it was never in the japanese version, despite them literally removing elc calling someone a pedophile (lolicon whatever). and on top of chongara's racist accent... i'm seriously untrustworthy of people who defend them for any reason other than "getting games out of japan" because this is disrespectful and highkey bad writing. how can you defend this.

im gonna try to do a japanese and english script comparison of working designs games on my talkhaus website on and off i guess just so people can have a sort of guidance for what the fuck working designs pulled out of their ass, starting with arc the lad 1 because it's super short. i'm gonna go for at least whatever text i can find, because i really dont want to learn psx, saturn and ps2 asm to extract and decompress text.
Image Image
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Recently played them mod Portal Reloaded. Aside from its brevity and simple plot it feels like a professional game, although I did have to reset twice, once because of a bug and second because of getting stuck on level geometry. It's a good combination of brain hurting puzzles and rooms that focus more on spectacle.
The springboard arena room will stick with me for how cool it looks a will the final puzzle because of how unlike anything I've seen before it is.
I have some complaints. There are a few too many of the puzzles ultimately boil down to obtain the weighted cube, put in on a button, then travel to the future and grab the future cube, bring that to the present and put that on a different button. There could have been more rooms that have significant differences between the present and future versions, most of the rooms are identical in both times except for some puzzle elements being unavailable in one or the other. Some of the early rooms make it look like layout changes are a big part of the game but it really isn't. It's clear the the devs really didn't know what to do with turrets, they are introduced in their own chapter, then disappear from the game after that.
Overall very good would recommend, my brain hurts.
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Another odd thing about Portal Reloaded is that there is a few puzzles that involve doing a set actions under a very strict time limit, which is something I don't remember being in the original Portal 2.
Bobob
Pronouns: u choose :)

Post by Bobob »

i am currently playing various dragon , a very hard romhack by glitchcat7 . i have cleared 4 out of the 7 lvls in hack . it's really fun . recommend it to everyone here with a lot of smw experience . it's a grind for sure ,but it's worth it .
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

I'm doing a little bit of Freedom Planet which is a game from the backlog that I bought cause uhhhhhh

It definitely feels like a Sonic fan game to me. Not sure if that's good or bad. Sonic is OKAY and this game is also OKAY except the characters are weird and feel like they were written by someone who was in high school and thought they were cool. They're not unpleasant to look at but I just am not sure what I'm looking at. I do not buy that this purple thing is a dragon yet I have no suggestions as to what it may otherwise be.

But yeah I guess the game's alright? I'm not a huge fan of Sonic games in general (the very first one was probably the best, not sure if this is a wrong opinion) so I'm still not sure what compelled me to get this. Will probably see it through to the end but the bosses are definitely the worst part of this game. They either do really weird shit and kick your ass or you can just stand in place and not move and win. The whole game feels a bit all over the place. Apparently the game's well received so I guess my opinion of it so far is below the norm but still positive.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Freedom Planet is basically Sega Genesis Platformers: The Game much like how Shovel Knight was NES Platformers: The Game. That said, the story segments can go on for way too long in spots, but the core gameplay is pretty much on the money. It's one of my favorite indie titles because of that.

I'm in that zone where I've beaten enough games recently that I'm not sure what I want to do. Perfect time to start recording Mega Man stuff then since there's a lot to do there, and I'm finally in the mood to do this again.