(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by KobaBeach »

Leet wrote:ping? maybe this will interest you
At Episode 14, "dilemma" in Sengoku TURB. Gonna do just the mandatory stages (110, 116 and 125) for this and the next chapters so I can finish the game without losing my sanity. Currently stockpiling Nyan Nyan Coins in stage 100 to get some bazookas on, already have a few rayguns.

The game is really fun and imaginative in terms of setting and general attitude, but in the latter half, with the more durable enemies, the larger amounts of them, the drastically larger and larger arenas, the lesser ways to get worthwhile weapons - basically feed Nyan Nyan Coins to a little monster in Stage 64 and hope you get something decent, I've been mostly sticking to bazookas and the stronger rayguns, I don't understand the capsule kaiju at all which is par for the course in this game (not a bad thing in this context though) - than just going into a stage and it just being there for the picking makes the latter half feel super cumbersome and I feel like I made it worse for myself by trying to beat every stage rather than just doing the mandatory stages with occasional "grinding" (stat boosting really, which is a bit of good design that this game legit has no joke) through Tainyan hunting.

It also feels like rice/lunch and medicine (ごはん and くすり) are much scarcer in the latter half, I've been mostly using green Tainyans to heal up. It's a good game in my opinion, it's just too long on the tooth; better balancing (if its not against the spirit of the game, I remember reading somewhere that the cumbersomeness was to give a feeling of nostalgia, not sure), less excessive enemy totals (episode 14 had like 25 enemies in stage 110 and I assume every other of the new stages?) and halved game length and arena sizes for the larger arenas would do a lot to make this game even more of a winner. So far, if I had to rate it, I'd give it a "inoffensive". I'm still interested in playing PC98 Sengoku and the rest of the TURB games.

jino for smash
AuraLancer wrote: 3 years ago Speaking of Final Fantasy II in my last post, I started it. Not gonna stop at the last boss this time.
FFII's remakes are fun~
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

Been playing a little Rune Factory Tides of Destiny at a time every couple days or so - been waiting for a day where ingredients or dishes are in high demand to offload all my fish/fish sashimi to get rich and upgrade my house some more.

Picked Tokyo Xanadu back up and progressed to Chapter 4. It's pretty fun, but it's almost more interesting just to see how much other Falcom properties are stuffed into it. It's mostly Trails of Cold Steel 2 as I believe it was their newest game at the time, excluding TX of course. But there's still lots of other things. I like messing around with the cosmetics and stuff.

Also decided to get 3D All-Stars a bit ago and after beating SM64 I was flying through Sunshine. I plan to get 100% some day, but not a high priority for quite a few reasons, one of which being I've done it before back on the GameCube. For now I'm just going to beat the game, then maybe go play Galaxy? I haven't actually played it since it released basically so it'd almost feel like a new experience.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

HatKid wrote: 3 years ago Picked Tokyo Xanadu back up and progressed to Chapter 4. It's pretty fun, but it's almost more interesting just to see how much other Falcom properties are stuffed into it. It's mostly Trails of Cold Steel 2 as I believe it was their newest game at the time, excluding TX of course. But there's still lots of other things. I like messing around with the cosmetics and stuff.
but does it have gagharv, aka the only valid falcom property /s
Image Image
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

KobaBeach wrote: 3 years ago
HatKid wrote: 3 years ago Picked Tokyo Xanadu back up and progressed to Chapter 4. It's pretty fun, but it's almost more interesting just to see how much other Falcom properties are stuffed into it. It's mostly Trails of Cold Steel 2 as I believe it was their newest game at the time, excluding TX of course. But there's still lots of other things. I like messing around with the cosmetics and stuff.
Haha we both know Gagharv may as well not exist in the eyes of most people

Played more Sunshine, unlocked the other two nozzles in Delfino Plaza so I went and got a bunch of Shines and blue coins. I've been strategically (trying) to leave the blue coins for when I come back to do a 100% clean-up at some undetermined point in the future so I don't have to waste time trying to figure out which ones I have and haven't found but some of them are placed so in-the-way it's hard to avoid them. I have 57ish shines and 28 blue coins.

Also played some more of Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon (I know it's actually the fourth one, blame Atlus USA) and got to the last part of Episode 3 before stopping. The combat is overall much nicer, but all the button mappings being different from Raidou 1 for no reason still messed me up, despite it being over a year since I beat Raidou 1. I'm not very far into the game, but I feel like Raidou 1 is better in the story department, though Soul Hackers is probably the best of the four (I say, knowing very little about Devil Summoner) for story.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Started Wild ARMs 2 yesterday, namely the JP version. Why? Because the US translation is at times an incomprehensible mess. I'll take my chances with DeepL, Jisho, Rikaichamp and the occasional OCR when needed than trying to decipher some of the translation's nonsense.

Just past the prologue sequence with the three protags and it's oddly poetic at times? The translation doesn't mess up Ashley and Brad's post-prologue speech too badly, but the English is so basic it feels absolutely stilted and hurts the writing a bit, a huge shame considering how soulful it is. Still need to read some more of Lilka's in like a Japanese longplay, I'd go with Gangerdoppel's but he hasn't played it yet apparently. I only started screenshotting dialogue boxes halfway through Brad's, but went through the trouble of translating most of Ashley's as I went through it though (it's really disruptive to game flow to me though, so I prefer screenshotting and translating after a session, like how I'm doing in Gagharv).

Oddly surprised by the references to Migratory Birds/Dream Chasers/etc, I think this missed me completely in the US version, but they also apparently translate Migratory Birds differently in every game, according to Yelsey and Fogel, which is Yikes. Shout outs to Octopardo.
HatKid wrote: 3 years ago
KobaBeach wrote: 3 years ago
Haha we both know Gagharv may as well not exist in the eyes of most people
And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out what's in my head
And I, I'm feeling a little peculiar

#GagharvDeservesBetter
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Went back to the US version of Wild ARMs 2 because I'm lazy lol

This is the coolest fucking JRPG monster design ever. It's just literally Hellraiser, I love it.

I'm going to cry.
Media.Vision literally went like

Supervisor: okay we need an enemy for the damzen area
Monster designer after doing 5 rails of coke: oh i fucking got this bitch *makes the best fucking rpg character design since fucking university terminal dnd simulators*

Anyway making it back to where I was, which was Holst.

Wild ARMs 2 is surprisingly antifa vs. the alt-right in terms of story?? But with like existential prose about the self and what it means to be a war "hero" mixed in, but it's horribly marred by the inconsistent translation that feels like it was done by 5 separate people. In different parts of Japan and America. And honestly? It kind of adds to the charm? I love it?

There is a part where Vinsfeld mentions abolishing borders, but its kind of implied that he means conglomerating every nation into one single homogeneous hivemind of people who follow Odessa's orders and genociding all the rest with the monsters. A lot of Vinsfeld's speech before the Telepath Tower boss feels like textbook alt-right manifesto spiel, it's kind of frightening. Just replace stuff like "monsters" with like "thugs" or whatever.

EDIT: At Warwing Varukisas, god this was a fucking rush.
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Officially dropping Sengoku TURB, it's just not maintaining my interest. Not a bad game, though. Maybe some other time.
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

thatguyif wrote: 3 years ago Your "antifa vs. alt-right" spiel doesn't make any sense

Like what Vinsfield is doing sounds like the standard (centrist) corporate mechanic of "use woke rhetoric to look good in the eyes of woke folks while really screwing over regular marginalized folks" (Just look at Amazon supporting BLM while actively crushing the unionization of the majority-black Bessemer warehouse)

As for the speech at Telepath Tower, the rhetoric just comes across as standard nativist/settler fare, there's nothing special about it. You can see this rhetoric happening in mid-to-late 19th century America.

Not to mention all of this really goes the elitist "This is all a fake war to serve my personal agenda without getting my hands too dirty" route

if you're trying to debate someone's interpretation of an artwork and saying that it's wrong you've effectively lost the battle here

like i havent even made it to the fake war bit holy shit

Image Image
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

sonic unleashed continues

it feels very very long for a sonic game though that's a lot in part due to the collection aspect making the levels you're supposed to be speeding through into 10+ minute slow jogs in the park

i might stop doing the level 1 hot dog missions since they're very annoying & also filler but. i want the like. 100% completion of the globe statistics at least, and they count as goal rings for whatever reasons.......

s-ranks and level 2/3 hot dogs can bite me tho lol
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I played Gal Gun for real. It's actually kinda fun (wouldn't recommend it) and not nearly as depraved as I thought it would be (wouldn't recommend it to pervs) so I was kinda surprised. I had a friend who told me it was "deeper than [he] thought" but I have no idea what he meant by that unless he also had no faith in it. I'll probably play more of it cause it's not something to have to think hard about.

I did finally give up on Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity unlocks. I got to 95% completion when I realized I'm gonna have to just go through all the levels looking for Koroks and I do not want to do that and I don't wanna use a guide to find the one or two on all of the story levels that I missed. Plus apparently there's a few scattered in challenge levels. I thought there was an unlock that told you where they were but I haven't seen it.

And I did finish my Mario 64 120 star run on the original hardware and I think people just have rose-tinted glasses when it comes to this game. Even now I'm thinking back at how good it was but there were so many weird hiccups that happen and I know it probably gets a pass for being what it is when it was, but I still say there are so many better options today

Not sure what my "real" game is gonna be
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Post by GenesisJames »

Argumentable wrote: 3 years ago I did finally give up on Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity unlocks. I got to 95% completion when I realized I'm gonna have to just go through all the levels looking for Koroks and I do not want to do that and I don't wanna use a guide to find the one or two on all of the story levels that I missed. Plus apparently there's a few scattered in challenge levels. I thought there was an unlock that told you where they were but I haven't seen it.

And I did finish my Luigi 64 120 star run on the original hardware and I think people just have rose-tinted glasses when it comes to this game. Even now I'm thinking back at how good it was but there were so many weird hiccups that happen and I know it probably gets a pass for being what it is when it was, but I still say there are so many better options today

Not sure what my "real" game is gonna be
The only unlock that has to with the Koroks is the one that tells you how many you have/are missing in each stage (this includes the challenges if you use the list mode instead of the map). The Koroks are honestly not too bad to find if you ever wanna go back for them; some of them can be kinda tough but most are found by simply breaking everything that's breakable or by exploring the outskirts and small nooks/dead ends of the stages. The only real annoying ones are the maps that are huge and open like the Hyrule Field and Great Plateau ones, I find.

And yeah, I'm not a fan of Mario 64 at all. Literally everything it does is done WAY better by Sunshine, Galaxy, and Odyssey. There's really no reason to go back to it other than nostalgia.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

oh god

Wild ARMs 2 was so goooooood holy shit. The translation is extremely tragic, just as much as the Gagharv trilogy because. My god this is a poetic, beautiful, absolutely profound game. I'm not gonna compare it to Wild ARMs 1 directly, because it's been a while since I've played that one to completion, but this one is very interesting in its plot.

It touches on the concept of heroes, the morals of sacrificing someone for the greater good, the strain in interpersonal relationships that fighting for the greater good can have, how people who are effectively doing The Bad Thing are still people and as such they have bonds and things that matter to them regardless of how wrong their morals are...

A lot of gray morals and depth going on that are sadly missed by people who only saw the crap translation job (no translator credits in the SCEA portion of the staff roll, surprise surprise) and disregarded it as a bunch of poppycock nonsense that can be overlooked in favor of the Wild ARMs trademark wacky anime wild west fantasy tropes.

Hell, (heavy spoilers)

Vinsfeld and Judecca are the only true villains here. Antenora was effectively an anti-villain, trying to break Vinsfeld for killing her family, Caina is only going along with Odessa's nonsense because he loves Vinsfeld romantically, Ptolomea is just too caught up in his ideals, at his death he asks Ashley and co. to not punish his men as they were only following his command. Admittedly, the TRUE villain of the game, Irving, is only funding Odessa to create ARMs and what not, only so he could find a way to stop the Kuiper Belt from consuming Filgaia. What he did was wrong yes, but he's more sort of grey that anything

The translation job and the middling reviews it got from some games press outlets are a sin upon humanity. This game is art and with along with TLoH3: White Witch, I've honestly gained a much greater appreciation of JRPGs thanks to their touching stories, and also [sarcasm] another proof that people other than me have absolute shit taste if they think White Witch, FFX and Wild ARMs 2 have bad stories. At least people have the common decency to accept FFIX as a masterpiece. [/sarcasm]

The battle system is a bit of a refinement of Wild ARMs 1, by removing MP entirely and replacing it by just using FP for everything. FP doesn't go down when using magic or abilities though, for some reason, only Level commands. I don't get it, but it honestly made most of the game a breeze to play through. I barely used the Gimel Coins/FFMQ style continues, which I appreciate because I feel that for JRPGs there's a time and place for difficulty, and I really don't want every game to just be 7th Saga.

I mean this game has Balors and the Root and Kuiper Core bosses which just go ham on you with fucking instant death and status effects respectively, so without Restore, War Respites (fuck lugging 10 fucking status effect healing items x99, one of the bad points about Wild ARMs, just get

Marivel

and unlock the Black Market at the Odd Headquarters) and the Full Libra and Holy Grail gear, I cannot imagine making it through the Spiral Tower and Glaive Le Gable with your sanity intact.

overall this shit was bussin

I've also started Final Fantasy Legend III again, to see where I stand on it now that I'm more mature and less angry that it's not SaGa. I'm just at the Dagra cave so. Went back for Cure1 before trying the Lara fight again.
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Nearing the end of Chapter 4 of The Legend of Heroes: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch US, heading to the village of Tonerico (literally "Japanese ash") to access the Forest of Deception (Forest of the Lost, literally Mayoi no Mori) to reach the Algres and get one of their horns for exorcism medicine. Then we'll head to the Great Cathedral to view the final Magic Mirror and then the second half of the game begins with the journey back home.

The strategizing is much simpler than the original version but the Sybils still gave me a hard time. Didn't die though, so maybe I'm just bad at video games. It doesn't feel as awkward as the Saturn version, it's just the unnecessary dumbing down for a foreign market (what is this, America circa 1992?) and translation that really ruin this, outside of that it basically just has a few minor scenes missing sadly as well as a much more Simple 2000 style presentation (putting it mildly) that's mostly derived from Microvision possibly being a C list developer (literally never heard of them before) and this being a launch game for the PSP, literally the first RPG for the system.

EDIT: Microvision seems to mostly make anime stuff? They did make Medusa and Her Lover and Attack on Typing for what it's worth, I've never heard of either but Attack on Typing seems hilarious if it goes down the Typing of the Dead route instead of the stealth nazi propaganda anime Teaches Typing route.

(god metal gear acid and darkstalkers chronicle came out that early?? i understand puyo fever but)
(oh yeah remember when capcom cared about darkstalkers LMAO)
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Beat the English version of White/Moonlight Witch. The final boss went down by just. Using Jurio's Brave Rush with Stella's Attack Up added to it once and Durzel's Comet Spear whatever twice. Did it break the damage cap or something? No idea. I died multiple times with no saving throughout this playthrough because I'm stupid. All in all I didn't miss too much by only getting the main beats, but I'll probably play English AToV before doing PC AToV, fuck PC98/PSX AToV that one is shit.

Doing Terranigma now, a game I've taken too long to start playing through. This game feels like what I imagined Ico would be like so far.
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

At Eklemata in Terranigma. Zue was surprisingly not the worst thing to me, Canyon was a bit annoying. So far Tower 4 was really the place I had the worst time in. Lions are fwends

EDIT: At Chapter 10: The Rainbow Bridge in Bahamut Lagoon. I'm getting more into it, but not 100%. I get into the trap of abusing the dragons by leaving them on Go! and just having them attack far away enemies through AI and then I don't set them to Come! in time and then they die, so everyone's magic gets set back to Lv1 because the dragons' stats augment your magic levels, so I have to resort to the base tactics. The battles are easy but if you're just using the base tactics it isn't as fun as doing that on a turn based game I feel.

Also outside of that it's super different than the tactics ogre/final fantasy tactics/summon night, not-swordcraft mold, arc the lad and shining force, plus its battling all takes place in a turn based environment (you still trigger them through attacking an enemy in the battlefield and magic can be cast in the battle field to attack enemies indirectly, freeze water, purify poisoned marshes, set fire to bushes for area damage etc), so it messes up with my SRPG way of thinking big time.

EDIT 2: Also started a small replay of Popful Mail (Sega CD), English version this time, to fill dead space between when I feel like playing Bahalag and Terra. At Wind Cave in World 2 after a half hour of play.
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

At Chapter 18 in Bahamut Lagoon and man this game's entire plot is a big nothing.

So far what's happened in the plot was the Kingdom of Kahna fell to the Granbelos Empire, a resistence has become to oppose Emperor Sauthar who abducted Yoyo to get the Divine Dragons, we rescued Yoyo after Validra rejected Sauthar, but Yoyo developed a crush on Palpaleos, we recovered Campbell, there's a dragon attack, we recover Maharl, Taicho reminisces about his dead wife Celine (one of the few good sets of scenes in the game), we recover the dragon Leviathan, we study the elite of the Empire, we recover Godland, we recover the dragon Garuda, we recover Daphila, everyone has sex (!??!?!), we recover Jörmungandr, the dragons attempt to open the Door of Ages or whatever, but because of Yoyo's weak heart it causes chaos so we had to stop them, now we're headed back to Kahna.

That's it.

The characters are all one-note jokes, a lot of the times i can barely destinguish one from the other. Don Juan is the worst video game character I have ever seen his entire existence is sexism. That's my biggest issue with the game. I could excuse the simplicity if the writing was charming, but even with Near's translation patch, it's just, Working Designs trying to write a JRPG. The jokes all feel like they come from a place of contempt and spite, even Sendak, the resident gay character who I like a lot, is mostly written as a joke. Don Juan, as I said, is just a pick up artist, an unlikable Johnny Bravo. The only scenes I could feel any sort of emotion from was the scenes with Celine and Taicho and the flash back with Hornet and

Sauthar

To put it simply. Earthbound's jokes feel like classic The Simpsons, there's heart and a bit of honesty. Bahamut Lagoon's feels like post-cancellation Family Guy or the entirety of South Park, nothing but spite and contempt.

There's a literal censored sex scene after breaking up a harem, with the harem members, where the characters "become men" as a joke. Like. That is just vile. Every character bounces off of each other in a basis of spite and disrespect. I don't want to sound like Mr. Enter here, just. It feels like it follows Doug Walker's bullshit rule of "comedy can only come from misery". I actively dislike playing this game, not in a way where it felt bad to play like Hydlide, but in a way where it psychologically hurt to play, it's like something written by a right wing RPG Maker author. I've only seen writing this cruel in like. The English language Lunar: The Silver Star, with its ableist jokes, people constantly shit talking each other (i hate english!nall), Kyle being fucking disgusting and sexist as a joke, the moment of a textbox in the thief town being of a thief selling Mia and Jessica's underwear and sheets or whatever?????????
Image Image
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

help i'm drowning in pokeymans

I'm working routes 12-15 in Pokemon Yellow (I think I need to catch a Ditto while I'm down here? But I'm pretty sure there'll be one on the way to Mewtwo), and I've just started in on Pokemon Sword (I was gonna get Shield but my sister already has shield so by taking sword I know someone nearby that I can trade with). Also screw porygon costing 9999 coins in yellow.

I'm going to be starting an Ocarina of Time Multiworld Randomizer about this time tomorrow, too (multiworld == collaborative multiplayer, each player can find items for any player)

I finished the DLC Campaign for Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (I need to go back and redo the last couple chapters for turn par). I wish I could use DK/Rabbid Cranky in the main campaign, their abilities would be so useful.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

At Chapter 21 in Bahamut Lagoon, i literally spent most of today grinding my dragons to master dragons and it was better than most of the game because i didnt have to deal with shitty jokes

Also started The Legend of Heroes IV: A Tear of Vermillion's PC version and man right out of the gate this is hitting with the feels. Losing your adoptive home, losing your sister, your new friend sacrificing his wish in a festival so that your wish of finding your sister again will come true, losing your new caretaker as you grow older and taking on an adventure for his and your sister's sake, your new best friend friend flat out just choosing to go with you for no reason other than to see the world and to aid you in finding your sister...

don't worry terranigma i still love you bitch. I'm mostly using the ocr on my phone because my brain is too small

Some day I'll work on the backlog of flashcards I have sitting on my Anki.
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Bravely Default II is a very fun RPG that takes an old-school Final Fantasy approach and gives it a new coat of paint. It's not trying to be anything other than that, and I appreciate that fact after some of the dumb plot twists FFVII Remake had.
Nast

Post by Nast »

Started Shantae: Risky's Revenge (PC version) yesterday. It's giving me huge Wonder Boy vibes which is not what I was expecting at all, but I'm into it so far. The pixel art is gorgeous I gotta say - the UI not so much lol
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

At Chapter 24: Back to The Homeland... in Bahamut Lagoon and let me tell you chapter 22 was a Struggle

so there's turrets, catapults, cannons all over the area right? and a lot of ramparts which means:
  1. you need to tear down ramparts with thunder magic before proceeding
  2. enemies can snipe you if you're in the wrong positions
  3. the cannons deal lots of damage
there was really no way i could win other than just. sic my dragons on gerald or whatever his name is. salamander was a phoenix which meant it basically took zero damage which basically turned it into a sort of war of attrition of whittling down grady's defenses with salamander and sometimes a few more dragons while everyone is chilling in the back. sadly yoyo's team got fucking noscoped so i had to rely on sendak's weak healing to help patch up my other dragons. even with fast forward it took me like 10 minutes? that was the worst srpg experience i ever had and that's how every encounter in this goes.

sic the dragons, whittle down defenses, advance when the coast is clear, then zerg rush the boss when able. every battle is like that. it doesn't help that the balance is extremely off, human and lil devil units are honestly lackluster, the dragons are so easy to raise if you have a guide that you really have no reason not to try and max them out with mushrooms, books, food and equipment as early as possible. humans are so fragile that even with the ability to recover lost hp and party members with no movement cost, all their spell levels and skills go down the drain as soon as the dragon dies, and even then they require mp and sp to use, so really it's best to just rely on dragons all the time, sometimes calling them back for healing purposes with your priest team.

this on top of an unengaging plot with paper-thin joke characters that is mostly held up by crass jokes and schoolboy humor makes for one of the squaresoft games i had the least enjoyment with. and i say this as someone who likes romancing saga 1. i appreciate the attempts at writing here with the message of "becoming strong as a person rather than relying on others" and the effects war can have on people but they're just really surface level and the characters are all one-note jokes that the deeper, more profound scenes feel awkward and tone-deaf. it doesn't know whether it wants to be a shitpost or a serious fantasy story. i haven't played it in a while but earthbound managed to strike a balance between humor and profoundness in a way that felt fulfilling, which makes sense since it was written by Shigesato Itoi who, among many other things, is an essayist.

this one just feels like my old fanfiction but with family guy jokes and. considering the writer of this later went on to do ffvii's wall market/honey bee inn segment and the entirety of ffxiii. im worried about ffxiii's plot. i know it's not crass but. man. i want to come out of ffxiii appreciating it even if i don't end up liking it.

Oh yeah i'm also at the Astral Cave in my Star Ocean replay. I'm gonna try to get Ashlay, T'nique and Pericci this time. Man i tried to go back to the start to grind patience (basically raise the CON stat) a bit and holy hot damn that place is like a romancing saga 3 dungeon @A@
Image Image
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

I forgot how easy Sabrina is in Pokemon Yellow - I'm used to Blue Version where she's actually a threat. You can legitimately sweep her with a Parasect in Yellow (though you do have to use the X Accuracy bug to do it, since her Abra does nothing but reduce your accuracy while you set up)

...and I caught a Wooloo in Pokemon Sword. Woo.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Started The Witness cause I just noticed it's free on PSN. I'm not really a puzzle gamer and I'm impatient but a lot of people I know talk good about it. I'm pretty medium on it. I think I'm playing it wrong because I like exploring and looking for secrets but I keep running into areas with puzzles that I don't know how to solve. It's possible that I wasn't taught the information yet or it might be that I'm dumb. I could be in a completely wrong area for all I know but so far as I'm going it's fun when I find a new area and find a secret and then frustrating when I'm presented with a puzzle and I just don't know what all this crap on the screen is supposed to mean.
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Argumentable wrote: 3 years agoStarted The Witness cause I just noticed it's free on PSN. I'm not really a puzzle gamer and I'm impatient but a lot of people I know talk good about it. I'm pretty medium on it. I think I'm playing it wrong because I like exploring and looking for secrets but I keep running into areas with puzzles that I don't know how to solve. It's possible that I wasn't taught the information yet or it might be that I'm dumb. I could be in a completely wrong area for all I know but so far as I'm going it's fun when I find a new area and find a secret and then frustrating when I'm presented with a puzzle and I just don't know what all this crap on the screen is supposed to mean.
That sounds about right to me. A lot of the introductory puzzles for different game mechanics are kinda out of the way.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Yeah, it's not for me. I've done something like 112+ puzzles but nothing that I'm able to find currently is clicking for me. The current information I have for some puzzles doesn't match with what the puzzles are telling me I'm doing wrong. It's not for me because even though I've only played it for a day or two it's just super frustrating as I'm essentially running in circles looking at the same 5 or 6 puzzles I have available for me that either have no information or information I'm not sure how to use. I'm sure the game is fine. I know lots of people like it. I don't. I'm glad I gave it a chance though