(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Bean
Yep.

Re: All Of Sh@d@w - 1 - Paint It Black

Post by Bean »

Fun fact: This villain's name is Black Doom. Really. It's Black Doom.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Clearly they wanted to avoid any little kids saying 'I didn't know he was evil'
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Bean wrote: 3 years ago Fun fact: This villain's name is Black Doom. Really. It's Black Doom.
This is who Bean is :pal:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Lack of a monitor, mouse, and keyboard is completely normal 95% of the time in a server room

Why did you kill me Shadow?

rao "horse-rider" cow
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
EvilMariobot

Post by EvilMariobot »

I made a mission tracker, so you can see what missions you've left to do
https://www.sendspace.com/file/xfncyj
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i'm tracking rao's routing and planning to make a chart maximizing the # of missions played for the last 7 playthroughs btw

at least 6 missions will need to be played in mission mode, though, since it's impossible to play every mission in just 10 playthroughs

anyways here's playthrough #1!

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

EvilMariobot wrote: 3 years ago I made a mission tracker, so you can see what missions you've left to do
https://www.sendspace.com/file/xfncyj
you guys gotta stop being so amazing okay

also looking forward to the map cyril :O
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Cyril wrote: 3 years ago i'm tracking rao's routing and planning to make a chart maximizing the # of missions played for the last 7 playthroughs btw

at least 6 missions will need to be played in mission mode, though, since it's impossible to play every mission in just 10 playthroughs

anyways here's playthrough #1!

Man westopolis is just gonna look like a nightmare by the time we're done
Grounder

Re: All Of Sh@d@w - 1 - Roads Untraveled

Post by Grounder »

raocow, undertale genocide route is not a mission :monstrosity:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Grounder wrote: 3 years ago raocow, undertale genocide route is not a mission :monstrosity:
it's not a mission.

it's fun.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Shadow Facts!

If one wishes to truly 100% Shadow the Hedgehog, they must complete Westopolis 326 times.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Breaking news!! Infamous reviewer of plastic tat does his most relevant video to this thread ever!

:slow:
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

One thing I'm not a fan of in this game is these missions where you have to kill all the enemies of a certain faction. In my experience it's all too easy to overlook a single enemy somewhere and then have to go through the entire level looking for it. This level does actually have an extra GUN aligned enemy, but that doesn't give much leeway. Fortunately, since you have to go through this level every time you play the game I've gotten a pretty good idea of where all the enemies are, but there are other levels with these types of missions that I'm not so familiar with that still give me trouble.

Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

LunarRainbowShyGuy wrote: 3 years ago One thing I'm not a fan of in this game is these missions where you have to kill all the enemies of a certain faction. In my experience it's all too easy to overlook a single enemy somewhere and then have to go through the entire level looking for it. This level does actually have an extra GUN aligned enemy, but that doesn't give much leeway. Fortunately, since you have to go through this level every time you play the game I've gotten a pretty good idea of where all the enemies are, but there are other levels with these types of missions that I'm not so familiar with that still give me trouble.
Yeah the kill all missions blow ass. But so do the "kill one specific thing" missions. And at least one of the "find all things" missions. And

Anyway yeah about that extra GUN robot, the one in the helicopter fall - is that like the golden robot in the Adventures, giving you extra points? I've seen him in one other level so far. But does he only give Dark points because he's GUN-aligned? After all, he does count for killing GUN troops.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

It's really unfortunate that the idea of "completing missions to determine your path" falls flat on its face because the missions themselves are always longer and (to varying degrees, of course) more irritating than just playing the level like a level and reaching the end

But if you DO just play the levels like levels, you arrive at the ending where

Shadow decides he's a robot and karate chops Eggman to death. This means completely dropping the alien invasion threat that kicked off the entire story

, making it possibly one of the most worthless endings of the bunch

So from a certain point of view, you could argue that if you want to have an interesting story you have to make the game worse

I dunno, something that's been running through my mind in regards to multiple discussions here in the thread

Anyway tonight is good music night I believe???
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

thinking about vekh-tor saying "you COULD be........!" at the end of that story

blargh so awkward!!!!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 3 years ago Fun Shadow Facts!

If one wishes to truly 100% Shadow the Hedgehog, they must complete Westopolis 326 times.
no, getting all 326 library endings is not 100% completion no matter what clowns on the internet tell you
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

Cyril wrote: 3 years ago no, getting all 326 library endings is not 100% completion no matter what clowns on the internet tell you
The fact that the developers obviously did not imagine anyone would actually do this does not change the fact that there is a list that fills up with every ending you get and has skipped numbers and is thus incomplete without them all >:C
Leet

Post by Leet »

Cyril wrote: 3 years ago no, getting all 326 library endings is not 100% completion no matter what clowns on the internet tell you
Pretty sure "100% completion" means "completing 100% of all possible tracked things in a game", not "whatever makes a good speedrun". this is not really a subjective term
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Crow

Post by Crow »

okay, clowns
Leet

Re: All Of Sh@d@w - 1 - Digital Structure

Post by Leet »

thank you, clowns are epic B)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Honestly, the reason why I don't like the game is because of the missions. It'd still be mediocre without them, but the whole get 100% of an objective done in a level can be tough when the levels are spread out. It's like the Chao hunt in Advance 3 all over again if you're missing one or two targets.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

👀
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Cyril wrote: 3 years agookay, clowns
I think I'll trust the words of the person providing Fun Sonic Facts over someone calling us all clowns when it comes to helpful Shadow the Hedgehog information

Just sayin
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

In today's video: Shadow plays Rez to get a Chaos Emerald.

Fun Shadow Facts!

Despite all the risks taken by Sonic Team to make a darker, more mature tale to attract older audiences, their effort proved laughably ineffectual, as the released product was thoroughly trashed by critics and snubbed by the very demographic they were chasing. Although it still managed to sell reasonably well despite the drubbing, this effectively killed its potential in the eyes of SEGA to become a companion franchise to Sonic. Though criticism at the time has paled in comparison to what the passage of time wrought, as many fans and critics alike have cited the game as a Happy Days style "jump the shark" moment for the Sonic series. Though, even the harshest critic could not argue it constituated the true nadir of Sonic. No, that was something coming just in time for Sonic's 15th anniversary.

(In two flavours, even...)