(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by HatKid »

Steins;Gate 0 is one of the weaker Science Adventure VNs. What route you get is based on

whether you answer the phone or not at specific points in the story

. It's kinda dumb, but not as stupid as Robotics;Notes's route structure.

Speaking of SciAdv, I finished Robotics;Note DaSH. It took its sweet time to get good, but at least when it did, it got pretty good. Hopefully there will be no more distractions so I can finish Yakuza Kiwami 2, which I started a few weeks ago but thing keep happening that prevent me from playing it.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Over the past week or so, I started Monstro in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, finished the quests in the Lands of Lord British and Lands of the Feudal Lords in Ultima I after grinding to near max stats in the signposts and the Castle of Lord British quest (half the quests increase your strength) because yolo, started Final Fantasy I PSX's Easy Mode in my therapist's waiting room this monday, and went from Cornelia to Melmond in roughly 2 hours (Normal Mode/NES grind was too much) today, made it to Long Valley in Tales of Phantasia SNES, and went through The 7th Saga, starting the Japanese version after the grind got too much; just have the Wizard Rune (神のアーク) left.

Also at 2-1: あみーご さばく (Amigo Desert) in Bonk's Adventure (PC Genjin but w/e), スタープラチナとつきすすめ2's secret exit in VIP5 and あくまのもり in 8 Powers, got to 8-2 in Mario Maker 3DS' Super Mario Challenge, and sometimes I boot up Mario Maker 2 to play online stages, but I'm too lazy to 100% story mode or work on my own. 😔

EDIT: Made it to 4-1: ひろびろ さばく (The Great Desert) in Bonk's Adventure. :)
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Been playing Return of the Obra Dinn. You basically just walk around a ship and piece together a story and it's pretty fun!
Practical
aaaaaahhhHHHH
First name: jay
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Practical »

trying to learn aerial dribbling and other moves in rocket league. I'm currently silver rank in competitive, at the 103 XP level, but I just got the game a couple months ago and the Nintendo Switch for my birthday in September, so I've got a long way to go. I've also been playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, not as much recently though because I completed all of the modes with a three-star rating. I've been playing NSMBU Deluxe and NSLU as well. I haven't gotten all of the star coins in either, but I beat the final boss in both. I was finally able to complete Yoshi's Crafted World. 317 flowers seemed like too much at first, but then I decided to do one thing at a time instead of all at once, like looking for souvenirs, poochy pups and beating the levels with full health last, and collecting all of the red coins, and getting 100 coins and all of the in-level flowers first, and I was done before I knew it.
Tone indicators : /j= joking, /srs= serious, /lh= light-hearted, /s= sarcastic
Get it, Let it roll!
[/b]My main YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/ChicaMario64/featured
krakin.carrd.org
My Switch friend code: SW-1004-3051-8456
http://www.n-masters.com/mariokartlicen ... p?id=11224

selective mutism is a nuisance
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

I just got out of the Pleasing Gardens in Wild ARMs, 7h21m
My entire strategy now for bosses is spam Meteor Dive, Valkyrie and Hand Cannon
I saved earlier in the Ship Graveyard and I'm like h

I also continued Dragon Slayer VI: Legend of Heroes on the PC98 and I'm at Chapter 3
There was a point where I just let the game sit there grinding with the auto battle and random encounters that stalk you like in 7th Saga to rake up gold

im going to bed
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Made it past Lich and Marilith in Final Fantasy and got the Airship. Easy Mode though.
Image Image
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

So I decided on Bioshock. First playthrough since buying it when it was released in 2007, so about 13 years? Been going through the Remastered Version, probably slower than most, but I like exploring and mucking around. About to enter Apollo Square, definitely on the last 25% of the game. Will probably play the Challenge Rooms when I finish, which may be either tomorrow or Monday. I got a 5 day weekend next week, which I'll dedicate a chunk to playing Outer Wilds.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

I'm coming up on the second Khamja battle in FFTA2. I've been actively dragging my feet on this one, as I've made Adelle into a Parivir/Fighter and since I briefly lose Adelle for a couple story beats I'll want to do them back-to-back... which means no other sidequests during that time.

I've also been playing Trickster Online again this past month due to an event that awards 154 cards per character per completion, so this is a goldmine for Card Identification (and I've got a Fire/Thunder/Dark Witch that's coming up on needing all the secret cards, so... yeah)
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Got the class upgrade in Final Fantasy, made it near the end of chapter 3 in Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes and beat Ys Chronicles+ (just the first one).
Image Image
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Finished off Return of the Obra Dinn. Very cool game, go play it!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Playing a co-op run of Sackboy: A Big Adventure on the PS4. The game actually controls well unlike all the floaty LBP games, so I'm actually liking this one. Sackboy's basically got SM3DW moves with the roll and slightly weaker Yoshi flutter jumps, but the levels themselves have been pretty good so far. Yeah, this might be the first one in the franchise I recommend if it holds up.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Booted up Mega Man Zero/ZX collection for the first time since I bought it a while back. I had played through all the Zero games on the DS collection back a decade ago but I think I did it on easy mode so I figured I’d do it on normal this time. I most recently saw these games in ATMM but wasn’t really following the details of how the game works.

Cleared the first 2 main levels and then game overed in the third, and found the mission to be gone. I Googled it and apparently if you game over that mission is just gone forever so you should never game over.

Then I turned the game off
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Just briefly check out the story from videos or something and skip to game 2, I would say.

The story of the 1st game I actually found pretty compelling.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I don't give up that easily!

I started a new save and did the first 3 stages without using any continues. Perhaps will regret trying this later
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I mean if that mechanic turned you off then don't let that discourage you from experiencing the series.

I think the first time I played Zero the first, I made sure to go through each mission even if I had to abuse elves, and then another time I tried out skipping missions if I wasn't getting the desired performance and wanted to conserve lives.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Nah, I mean it seems to be how this game was designed. It wants you to master it, so I'm gonna try. I doubt it'll be the most difficult thing I've done

Levels are pretty short too, so I think my strategy will be to spend continues when I die to be able to beat the boss at least once, then reload and start attempting to go through deathless
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Yeah, that was the main obstacle I had with MMZ1 in particular. Unlike other megaman games, there is a distinct penalty for failing your missions.

So apparently I had forgotten that the second encounter with Vaan and Penelo in FFTA2 happened almost immediately after what I consider the second Khamja encounter, and Jagd Zellea opens up far later than I had remembered as well (I had misremembered the Zellea Teaser Boss being right before Hurdy). Well, at least I get a few more missions in before having to go full tilt on the finale. The Dispatch system here is a godsend, even if they went too far in the other direction and made it ridiculously annoying to recruit new generics. You still can't send uniques out on dispatches, and you end up with nine uniques if you do all the quests - more than a quarter of your total party capacity if I remember right (I have never actually filled the party in FFTA2 just due to how annoying it is to do so)
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Ashan wrote: 3 years ago Nah, I mean it seems to be how this game was designed. It wants you to master it, so I'm gonna try. I doubt it'll be the most difficult thing I've done
I had trouble doing Copy X without E-Tank elves lol
Image Image
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I've been running around with a few healing elves throughout the game but I've been kinda hesitant to use them (only used one to see how it works so far)

Managed to get as far as where you can go to Neo Arcadia and stopped playing there. I think Ciel is out of missions, so I figured that means I'm in the end game now? Anyway it hasn't been too bad so far. Still haven't used any continues. The most difficult level so far was defusing the bombs because I couldn't find where the last one was, and riding the timber carrying drones was annoying, especially since it could be completely different depending on how the cycles with the welder things lined up. But I eventually found them all and got it done. Had to kill Phantom about 3 times to do it in one shot though
Nast

Post by Nast »

Today I felt like revisiting Yume Nikki, so I did. Only played for about two hours, got something like 4 or 5 effects, still got a lot left to explore. What a weird wonderful game. I like just getting lost and seeing what I'll stumble upon. Sadly that sense of wonder might quickly disappear if I actually try to go for completion, but we'll see. I should check out the fan-made sequels at some point...

Meanwhile, I'm getting pretty close to completing Baba Is You. I'm at the point where I might spend upwards of an hour on the same puzzle, with no progress in sight, but so far I've managed to get through everything without asking the internet for help. The time investment and headache is always worth it for that satisfying moment when the solution clicks.
Emral
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/

Post by Emral »

For some reason I thought it would be a fun idea to play Age of Calamity on the hardest difficulty...
after spending over an hour on the boss of the first level, and at least an hour on every level since (current progress: 8 levels in), it seems I was right. But DANG that eight boss took an hour all by themselves.
I'm slowly getting the hang of the "don't get hit lol"-strat.
I do things. You can find them on my talkhaus site. https://enjl.talkhaus.com/
Here is another link. This one lets you draw.
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/draw.html
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Finished off Mega Man Zero!

First time I got to the final boss he kicked my ass repeatedly until I got a game over. Though I did figure out I think on my last life that he had an elemental weakness which helped a bit. And also it got easier when my Z-saber finished fully upgrading halfway through and started charging faster.

After game overing I figured I'd take the time to fully upgrade one of the better elves I had collected at some point (went for one that raises defense) and boy was that a waste of time. Why do the elves require such an insane amount of crystals to upgrade when they drop so little? Like I'd finish missions with like 40 crystals maybe and they want you to dump 2000 or more to upgrade these things. And in the end I don't even know if it made much of a difference because I swapped it out for one of my small heal elves but finished off X with a good bit of health. But I did get him in one shot which means I completed the game without using any continues! Got a B rank whatever that means.

Now I have to figure out whether I should continue on with the Zero series while I'm in the swing of it or hop into Luigi's Mansion 3 or Link's Awakening which I just got on a black friday deal and are staring me down in their sealed packaging
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

Finished Bioshock Remastered.

The main game...it's aged okay. The control mechanics I wasn't fond of (middle mouse being ammo switch rather than zoom), and sometimes I struggled to find the right weapon in certain situations. But it plays well otherwise. And the writing, while not stellar like, say, Fallout New Vegas, was pretty good. The audio diaries were rather compelling to listen to. Amusingly, they kept in an achievement bug where switching difficulties at the last hit of the game will earn you the high difficulty achievements.

That said, the director's commentaries made me want to punch Geoff Keighley in the face (how does this guy be so...powerful in the gaming media?). Also, the first two challenge rooms were okay, though not really meaty. The third (a combat arena gauntlet you have to play deathless) was kind of bullshit though, and two of the achievements just don't seem worth it at all (Beat the challenge in under fifteen minutes, and beat the challenge without using any weapons that require ammo, both at medium difficulty minimum). I may do a deathless run at some point, but I feel I can put this game to rest, really. Next month, depending on my mood, I'll step into playing Bioshock 2, which I've never played (that got released when I lost my first PC...). Then January/February, Bioshock Infinite?

Outer Wilds, I'm having a decent time. I've hit a dead end on most of the mysteries without attempting to reach the Hourglass Twins (I suspect Dark Bramble is an endgame setting, and I'm not sure how to deal with the Interloper the

Quantum Moon

), so Hourglass Twins are next. That said, it's an interesting overall mystery unfolding, and it doesn't feel obnoxiously challenging. It does implore you to take risks (like doing a spacewalk in orbit to reach the otherwise inaccessible

Launch Module of the Orbital Probe Cannon

, which rewards you information on the location of the

Probe Tracking Module

), but it makes it fun.

No serious aims for Black Friday. That said, Planet Alpha went on sale for $4, so I might just pick that up.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Played through a decent bit of Zero 2. Just finished the stage where Splash Woman turns into a giant manta ray

It seems they overhauled the lives/continue system in this game so I'm just ignoring the ranks entirely and have been bouncing between D and E. Also makes things way easier now that I have a sub tank
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

Currently stuck on Outer Wilds. I've reached quite a few dead ends on my travels. Of note:

Hourglass Twins:
I know that to get to the Sun Station, you need to access the warp station for its tower on Ash Twin. I do not know where the real entrance to said tower is, and the other visible entrance blocks access to the lift with cactus alley. I spent an hour dancing around Ash Twin trying to find the real entrance underneath the tower, but I got nothing.
Giant's Deep:
I know the Probe Tracking Module is in the electrical core of Giant's Deep. I do not know how to pierce said electrical core without hurting myself, my ship, or my Scout. I feel like there's something I need to get before I can pierce the core.
Interloper:
I cannot reach the Ruptured Core, the final hole has a ghost matter "barrier" that kills me when I try to cross it. Which means I'm either in the wrong spot (which I doubt), or I'm missing something that will allow me to effectively handle ghost matter.
Dark Bramble:
This is the final lead I have at the moment. I haven't seen where the red light leads, and that almost certainly leads to something (my suspicion is it's the Vessel, since we never get information on how to reach that directly in particular). I do know the anglerfish are going to be a thing. I'm guessing I have to move around in a certain away to not draw its attention.

Quantum Moon

:
Unsure whether I have the means to go there yet. It seems like I do: I have to land in the south pole, I should probably lock the moon in place by sending a scout to take a picture, and accessing the sixth "location" requires going to the shrine in the north pole and shutting off my light at a specific point. But I don't know if that's enough, and even if it is, whether I should do this now or later.
Any hints would be welcome, those who have played it.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image