(shouting)

La-Mulana 2 - fish. it is a fish. it's true.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Filbi
A Hobbit
Pronouns: they/them

Re: La-Mulana 2 - this is capitalism hitting you in the face

Post by Filbi »

Thanks m8! I know they're only lore but it helps follow along with the story.
I change this sig every year for Advent
repairmanman

Post by repairmanman »

hey voltgloss

Wasn't there a kosugi research notes that raocow could have gotten in the tent in immortal battlefield that he has now missed forever?

Nothing to see here
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Voltgloss wrote: 3 years ago
I'm not sure exactly which "thing in Eternal Prison" you're referencing, or why you're suggesting his visit his "way too early." He's pretty much exploring here precisely when he needs to be, in my view. Sure, he can't do everything here yet, but there's a lot he CAN do and also very important clues to be gathered.
I feel like he's

trying to solve the Gates puzzle already

. That to me shouldn't be the focus, since

he doesn't even have all the equipment he needs to complete it, to say nothing of completing the first step

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

repairmanman wrote: 3 years ago hey voltgloss

Wasn't there a kosugi research notes that raocow could have gotten in the tent in immortal battlefield that he has now missed forever?

The next time he finds a Kosugi Research Note, he'll also automatically get any he could have gotten but previously missed.

repairmanman

Re: La-Mulana 2 - hey squirrel king i only have to destroy you once

Post by repairmanman »

Ah, finally

the infernal beast's jaw, the puzzle that the race scanner really helps with. Too bad room names aren't included in the voltglossary maps. "Where is this?" Indeed

Edit:

every time he doesn't go through the gates when they're green, not even to try it, I go agh

Edit 2: because this is one of my favorite pieces of music from the game, and it's a shame you only hear the first 30 seconds max

Nothing to see here
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

after spending an hour or something with these notes and thinking about the clues, I think I might have something, re: this whole 'colossal dragon' thing.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i'm excited to see your theory

this is considered, like,

one of the "big boy" puzzles for this game and solving it made me feel like a genius
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
jasper_

Re: La-Mulana 2 - get an extra weight to put in your sorrow hole

Post by jasper_ »

TiKi wrote: 3 years ago I assume the LM1 Wiiware/LM2 graphics aren't drawn by Nigoro? It's rare to see a programmer with that level of artistic aptitude
this is a few days old but the illustration art was done by JUNNY, not Nigoro in-house

https://twitter.com/junny113
https://twitter.com/junnyartworks
repairmanman

Post by repairmanman »

What a title, especially since he's destroyed the squirrel king like 5 times

god help him, I think he has the version where fenrir and ratotoskr will keep coming back

Nothing to see here
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

decompressing
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow

Re: La-Mulana 2 - i did it. i did the math.

Post by Crow »

incredibly proud of you for putting together one of the hardest puzzles in the game followed up by raocowing your way through the remaining two anubis riddles
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

jasper_ wrote: 3 years ago
TiKi wrote: 3 years ago I assume the LM1 Wiiware/LM2 graphics aren't drawn by Nigoro? It's rare to see a programmer with that level of artistic aptitude
this is a few days old but the illustration art was done by JUNNY, not Nigoro in-house

https://twitter.com/junny113
https://twitter.com/junnyartworks
Well that's disappointing, at least with Celeste the team was all friends who split their talents but I'm not sure if she and NIGORO are friends instead of some rando he contracted out to
Bluster Kerfuffle
Master of Windy Import
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Bluster Kerfuffle »

great job on the puzzle raocow. myself I had the map open while I was in the monster's jaw and practically had a heart attack when I made the connection. such a good puzzle
repairmanman

Post by repairmanman »

In this episode raocow uses his intuition to solve one of the hardest puzzles in the game.

and still can't jump a tiny bit higher to go to the left of the corridor of blood entrance

A really raocow episode.

Gratz!
Nothing to see here
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

TiKi wrote: 3 years ago Well that's disappointing, at least with Celeste the team was all friends who split their talents but I'm not sure if she and NIGORO are friends instead of some rando he contracted out to
Why compare it to Celeste, though? Completely different teams, cycles, philosophies, social locations...really weird to bring that up of all things
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

raocow, come on. If you know there's a spot you can go and you don't seem to be able to go there across several videos maybe you should stop and think about why that might be instead of mindlessly going "I'm holding left!!11!" You're not wrong on thinking you can go there (which should be obvious since you accidentally did so on your first trip into the Eternal Prison) so obviously you must be doing something wrong.

Also the dragon's neck puzzle was one I solved accidentally. On my monitor you can't really see the artwork on the background of tablets (the difference between it and the surrounding background is pretty similar) so I never realized that it was different in each field until well after I'd accidentally solved it. I'd been trying the mantra combo in a few areas I thought it might be used and then ended up in Takamagahara. I went to try and read the tablet forgetting I had the Djed pillar equipped and thus accidentally solved it. I only made the same connection raocow had in this video until

I solved the Brahma puzzle

which made me realize the backgrounds of the tablets actually depicted something and to check it out further.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

thatguyif wrote: 3 years ago
TiKi wrote: 3 years ago Well that's disappointing, at least with Celeste the team was all friends who split their talents but I'm not sure if she and NIGORO are friends instead of some rando he contracted out to
Why compare it to Celeste, though? Completely different teams, cycles, philosophies, social locations...really weird to bring that up of all things
They're about the same price and... I guess it comes across to me as not fitting the indie spirit if you need to hire someone you don't know. Hiring someone you don't personally care about but gets the job done is a corporation thing, you know?
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Watching your deductions at the start of the video was immensely satisfying. Congratulations on solving that monster of a puzzle!
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

TiKi wrote: They're about the same price and... I guess it comes across to me as not fitting the indie spirit if you need to hire someone you don't know. Hiring someone you don't personally care about but gets the job done is a corporation thing, you know?
But again...different locations. NIGORO is Japanese, Matt's Games or whatever the Celeste dev team is called is Canadian. Different development philosophies are almost certainly in play as a consequence, given the socio-economic context.

Moreover, hiring outside help on certain game projects isn't that uncommon. When dev teams are small, it's very difficult to wear every single hat and sometimes you have to hire a third-party to complete certain aspects of the game you want. It can be often for the best when you do that, for it's better to play to your strengths then try to add things that's outside you and your team's range.

It's kind of weird to impose this romanticized and narrow definition of being "indie" that almost sounds snobbish and elitist (in the strictest sense of the term). I mean, Jake Kaufman is a for-hire composer, by and large. That doesn't mean that indie devs who hire him stuff like Shovel Knight and Shantae to compose are secretly corporate. It's just the nature of game development.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Even Celeste's soundtrack was contracted out to Lena Raine.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

FPzero wrote: 3 years ago Even Celeste's soundtrack was contracted out to Lena Raine.
i thought maddy said in the "madeline is trans" article that the celeste staff was a group of friends?
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

That doesn't mean every single person they contacted to help with their game is all buddies with each other. Anyhow, paying someone to do something cool for your game doesn't make it more or less 'indie'.
tirakai

Re: La-Mulana 2 - someone who throws fire everywhere, that's just appealing

Post by tirakai »

What actually is the DPS of the different weapons? Often in games the slow but high damage weapons end up being weaker overall in terms of DPS.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Michael Bay is weak to [Egg]
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

What actually is the DPS of the different weapons?
I intend to science it out but haven't had the time...
fart.