(shouting)

La-Mulana 2 - fish. it is a fish. it's true.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Re: La-Mulana 2 - let's just get turbo lost

Post by FPzero »

I played a good many hours before figuring out the Beherit's interaction with the Corridor, and even then I can't remember if I figured it out for myself or my friend spoiled it for me.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

If the corridor of blood didn't already lead somewhere (like, its default configuration lead nowhere), people would probably be more likely to eventually re-read that tablet while trying to figure out what the heck the corridor is supposed to do. But as it is, it already does something, so there's little reason to think you're missing something. I wonder if almost everyone only finds it by luck (either re-reading that tablet at random, or using the item at random)
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

Ditocoaf wrote: 3 years ago If the corridor of blood didn't already lead somewhere (like, its default configuration lead nowhere), people would probably be more likely to eventually re-read that tablet while trying to figure out what the heck the corridor is supposed to do. But as it is, it already does something, so there's little reason to think you're missing something. I wonder if almost everyone only finds it by luck (either re-reading that tablet at random, or using the item at random)
Like I said,

there is also an NPC clue to using the Beherit on it as well, which is how I ultimately solved it

; and also

there is a specific other tablet telling you to reach the Dark Star area through the Corridor, which you can't do without using the Beherit, and therefore is a tell that there's some means to get somewhere via the Corridor other than by its "default" state.

FPzero

Post by FPzero »

I knew there had to be more to it because if you go down it to the Shrine of the Frost Giants, and then try leaving, which is something raocow didn't do before discovering he can manipulate the corridor, you end up with a one-way trip to Ancient Chaos, which then leads you to Hall of Malice like he discovered. So I realized that there was some kind of trick behind the corridor, but I didn't figure out the method for a while.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

FPzero wrote: 3 years agoI knew there had to be more to it because if you go down it to the Shrine of the Frost Giants, and then try leaving, which is something raocow didn't do before discovering he can manipulate the corridor, you end up with a one-way trip to Ancient Chaos, which then leads you to Hall of Malice like he discovered. So I realized that there was some kind of trick behind the corridor, but I didn't figure out the method for a while.
I think this is a detail a lot of people will probably end up missing. I know I did at the very least. There'd been nothing that I was aware of to suggest that walking back out would do anything other than lead me back to Valhalla. And since that's only like two screens or so away from the grail point in Valhalla, it was quicker to just warp back. I didn't realize the gate you just entered through could lead somewhere completey different until I had figured out the beherit and was trying to figure out the logic of how it worked when I accidentally went back through the gate when I found myself in, I think,

the Dark Star Lord's Mausoleum or whatever its name was updated to.

FPzero

Post by FPzero »

I think for me, I went down into Corridor before I had Future Development Company, so I couldn't just warp back to Valhalla. It was worth my time to try and walk back to it instead of going through the Divine Fortress loop again.
Bluster Kerfuffle
Master of Windy Import

Re: La-Mulana 2 - the arctic wolf of salmonella

Post by Bluster Kerfuffle »

fun fact you can use the caltrop to pretty easily i-frame through tetzawhatever's laser
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

oh Tezcatlipoca, you are my favourite god from the Aztec pantheon. I do not know why La-Mulana made you an ice laser worm thing with a frustrating gimmick rather than the crazy skull warrior monster you could've been but I guess the game already had enough skulls and dudes with weapons
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Instadeath trap count: 25(+2 today)

i counted tezcat's falling ice blocks as a trap the first time raocow found him, fwiw

i considered counting the purple light pillars as one but raocow hasn't died to any of them yet & tbh they're not "traps" so...

anyways :aliceko:
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Regarding the

Statue room after Tezatlipoca.

Like, that solution raocow managed seemed nowhere near correct, the right statue wasn't even placed under the mural. Other's have blundered through this puzzle too, but this seemed pretty dodgy, even by raocow standards.

Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

Zummorr wrote: 3 years ago Regarding the

Statue room after Tezatlipoca.

Like, that solution raocow managed seemed nowhere near correct, the right statue wasn't even placed under the mural. Other's have blundered through this puzzle too, but this seemed pretty dodgy, even by raocow standards.

I'm scratching my head there too. Maybe the puzzle only checks for whether both statues were ever in their correct positions, and works even if they're not simultaneously in the correct positions? That's my best guess as to what happened.

Crow

Post by Crow »

welcome to egypt
Bluster Kerfuffle
Master of Windy Import

Re: La-Mulana 2 - getting murdered by local wildlife

that room with the million tablets is maybe my favorite thing in this game. but just in general I love the vibe of dark star land
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Bluster Kerfuffle wrote: 3 years ago that room with the million tablets is maybe my favorite thing in this game
it's the bast!
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

Anyone want the glossary in spreadsheet form? No? Too bad, here you go anyway: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 381AA/edit
(spoilers obviously, it's the entire glossary minus the images)

Spreadsheet formatting is not my expertise so any suggestions how it can be improved are welcome.
fart.
FPzero

Post by FPzero »

Not only am I glad you found Treasure Fairy but you *also* made the connection about the room in Icefire Treetop being perfect for grinding money! There are multiple places in the game that are good for summoning fairies, and I know I had my preferred location by the end of the game.
Bluster Kerfuffle
Master of Windy Import

FPzero wrote: 3 years ago There are multiple places in the game that are good for summoning fairies, and I know I had my preferred location by the end of the game.
What was your favorite? I used the

one in Frost Giants but I also didn't look very hard.

FPzero

Post by FPzero »

Yeah that one.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Duker wrote: 3 years ago Anyone want the glossary in spreadsheet form? No? Too bad, here you go anyway: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 381AA/edit

Spreadsheet formatting is not my expertise so any suggestions how it can be improved are welcome.

You duped Shawn's entry into Freya's.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

thatguyif wrote: 3 years ago
Duker wrote: 3 years ago Anyone want the glossary in spreadsheet form? No? Too bad, here you go anyway: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 381AA/edit

You duped Shawn's entry into Freya's.

Whoops, fixed.
fart.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Bluster Kerfuffle wrote: 3 years ago What was your favorite? I used the

one in Frost Giants but I also didn't look very hard.

i think this is unquestionably the best spot yeah, this is the one i used as well
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

I distinctly remember that place being called “Dark Lord’s Mausoleum” on my playthrough (right around the release date of the game), so I’m guessing the “Star” was added in a later update. Interesting.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

DARK STAR LORD'S RAIL CANYON

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

lookit that bug scoot
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

i'm not sure how to feel about the graphics. it kind of feels more generic than the MSX graphics, which is a complaint i had about the first game's wiiware update as well. i wouldn't even say it looks psx-y (i.e. hermie hopperhead, little ralph, punky skunk, symphony of the night) so it sort of has no identity besides "2d"