(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Re: All The S@nics - Advance 2 - Rebuild Of Pocket Adventure 2.0: You Can (Finally) Advance

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

thumbnail once again fixed itself but i saved a screenshot of the first draft
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: All The S@nics - Advance 2 - Rebuild Of Pocket Adventure 2.0: You Can (Finally) Advance

Post by raocow »

it's just so hot
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
CrappyBlueLuigi

it's the heat waves
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

are we going for all 800,000 chaos emeralds?
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Sonic finally appears to have acquired the leg strength to walk up a slight incline, which always struck me as an odd weakness for the fastest being in existence.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The first act is the stage that people use to call this era of Sonic gameplay "Hold right to win." since I think you only have to jump once or twice at most to make it to the goal. Don't even need to use tricks in it. That said, it's important to know now that you can only land on the flat part of a rail. That's basically what cost you in your one sudden visit to a pit tonight.

Going for the SP Rings involves knowing the layout of the stage and involves a lot more work no matter which act you try to do this in, thus why I'm not sure what you're going to do when you eventually get through the game normally.
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Post by GenesisJames »

Yeah, exploring to hunt collectables works in Advance 3 and (sort of) Advance 1 because those games were built with slower, more thorough gameplay in mind. Why they opted for a collectable hunt in this game, where speed is almost more encouraged than in the Rush games, will always confuse me. I think the classic "get to the end with 50 rings" method for the special stage would've actually benefited this game the best!!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

If they made the rings permanent collectibles instead of making you get them all at once I think it would be fine, cause then you're just asked to look around the levels a little more. But, uh...
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

my favorite thing in sonic advance 2 is replaying zone 1 act 2 after muscle memorizing where the dragon coins are,

and then getting 999 in the special stage

, and speed-training my chao from sa2:b via hurt-me-squares and blue pears
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

I love the sheer energetic beat this game has in its gameplay and the pagentry in its presentation.

It's too bad how much the game struggles to keep it that way, though.

video games
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Leet wrote: 3 years ago If they made the rings permanent collectibles instead of making you get them all at once I think it would be fine, cause then you're just asked to look around the levels a little more. But, uh...
I think that's the biggest issue. Plenty of games down the line have special items (nowadays usually red rings) to collect that are on hard to get paths, require twitch reflexes and you often only have a single chance of getting them. However, they are permanent, and that's the thing that makes it okay. In fact, it might even be fun the replay the level up to the point where you have to make the jump/find the path/whatever to get the ring, because the game is good! That's true for Generations at least, and it could be here too.

I think that maybe they might even have wanted to do it like that, but then realized that having all the rings would permanently unlock the special stage, so they made the rings vanish? They should have obviously then chosen a different method of getting the emeralds, of course.

The thing is too, the level design IS kind of hold right to "win", but it's more "hold right to get to the end of the level", if you want to get the rings, you do have to put a lot more effort into it. And exploring is fun, getting to higher paths is fun! But having to always do the exact same path and pull off seven ring-gets in a row, that's...not fun.
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

that spritesheet made me realize how it is so weird that ultraspeed sonic doesn't have any animation smears. every game before it has them, so it was clearly an intentional choice to remove them, but it just makes sonic look so much slower? which is weird if this game is the most fastest sonic game ever at time of release
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
CrappyBlueLuigi

judging by the thumbnails on raocow's other uploads as they're automatically linked on discord by bots, youtube is literally only having problems rendering the sonic advance 2 thumbnails, which makes this funnier even if youtube fixes them later

watch out sonic, you're approaching the datamosh pillar
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

I guess I'll put my overall thoughts on this game here.

The dev team probably did their best
ultimately the premise didn't leave a whole lot of wiggle room to begin with
video games
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

The music level has amazing music??? What????????
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Regarding the pixelated stuff...could it just be the mobile app being the mobile app? I don't see this on desktop.

So, yeah, those bells are invulnerable and will always hurt you. Situations like that, you want to make use of just hitting R without any direction. That causes a hard stop move on all characters. Think of it like a mid-air handbrake. It's useful for situations such as what you dealt with.

Oh, and this is probably answered in the YouTube comments, but Sonic Team did work on this game in conjunction with Dimps. It wasn't just Dimps alone.
Blivsey wrote: 3 years ago The music level has amazing music??? What????????
Yeah, Act 2's track kind of slaps. Kind of reminds me of an Act 2 for the second (third?) to last game in the series. Has a bit of a New Jack Swing feel to it.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

dont stop screencapping the data moshing it's beautiful and i love it

btw i still see the broken thumbnails when pasting the videos into discord
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

thatguyif wrote: 3 years ago Regarding the pixelated stuff...could it just be the mobile app being the mobile app? I don't see this on desktop.
No definitely happens on Desktop Discord too

edit: dangit talkhaus why won't you upload a simple image

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Yeah, it's my favorite zone, but there are a bunch of rough spots.

I really wish that Generations 3DS covered the GBA games so that they could revisit this place, but no. :roll:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

As far as I'm aware anyone can be Sonic Team. It's just a construct.
We are Sonic Heroes Team
ImageImage
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

SAJewers wrote: 3 years ago No definitely happens on Desktop Discord too

edit: dangit talkhaus why won't you upload a simple image

Makes sense that they would be the same, actually. Discord collects stuff like thumbnails serverside, so whatever happens there is what it presents clientside.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
CrappyBlueLuigi

the thumbnail tonight has looked fine everywhere from what i can see. apologies for the disappointment everyone
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

blame youtube
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Leet wrote: 3 years ago If they made the rings permanent collectibles instead of making you get them all at once I think it would be fine, cause then you're just asked to look around the levels a little more. But, uh...
Banjo-Kazooie vibes
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

The music track for Act One of Ice Paradise is a remix of Sonic Advance 1's Tiny Chao Garden theme!