(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: All The S@nics - SA² - Highway To HFIL

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Tails is Over :rao:
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Re: All The S@nics - SA² - Highway To HFIL

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Watching raocow get hit by things he should have had all the time in the world to see coming while trying to collect 100 rings was funny to me.

Also, people seem to be really criticizing the fact that hovering against a wall sends you plummeting down, but I feel like it's not as bad as people are making it out to be. Sure it is kind of janky, but I feel like if you just keep it in mind and avoid taking risky jumps it shouldn't be that big of an issue. Then again, maybe this is just another case of me being too used to this game's jank.

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: All The S@nics - SA² - Eternal (Damnation) Engine

Post by Crow »

BEECA
DAEDE
CBCAA
DBBBB
EABEA
CBDCC
CEAAD
DCBDD
EBBEE
CADAE
CBEBB
EEECE
CCEAD
EABBE
CDBAE
CDBDE
EEBAE
CBCDA
DADDB
ECCCC
EECAA
EDECD
CEEAC
DCBCE
EEDAE

don't let it hit you.

move
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

this bodes ill for mad space going well

not that it was ever going to, honestly
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

mad space's shards are all in like really easy places to find it's getting them that's the challenge
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I feel like Meteor Herd's radar is way more useless, not just in how the crystals are in the middle of nowhere but it just activates way later in general
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Crow

Post by Crow »

the radar in both the space levels is kinda hecked up for no reason i can determine. it definitely doesn't seem to ping as wide as previous levels would.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

I don't remember thinking there was something wrong with the radar in these space levels. Maybe the radar in these levels just seems less effective since they're so big? Just quickly looking at Wild Canyon I'd estimate that the room you start in there is roughly the same size as the structure in the middle at the bottom of Meteor Herd. In Wild Canyon that's pretty much a quarter of the level right there, while in Meteor Herd it's not even close to a quarter of the level. With the radar being designed for levels as small as Wild Canyon, it wouldn't surprise me if people felt the detection radius was too small for levels this big.

Also, I totally forgot about the red versions of the bomb robots that appear in hard mode here. Looking it up, it looks like this is the only place they appear, which would explain why I completely forgot that they exist. Although for some reason, when I saw them in this video my first thought was "I love these guys!"; maybe I just have a thing for obscure enemies that barely appear anywhere. I don't know if they even behave differently at all, but at least they look cool.

Crow

Post by Crow »

BEECA
DAEDE
CBCAA
DBBBB
EABEA
CBDCC
CEAAD
DCBDD
EBBEE
CADAE
CBEBB
EEECE
CCEAD
EABBE
CDBAE
CDBDE
EEBAE
CBCDA
DADDB
ECCCC
EECAA
EDECD
CEEAC
DCBCE
EEDAE
EEBBE

the singular time in the entire game that move is required, i believe!

also: treasure hunting is officially done forever. rip treasure hunting
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

it's all down hill from here with no more treasusre hunting
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

I remember the second emerald in hard mode here being pretty difficult to get to with how the controls behave really strangely with the gravity going on here. I think my strategy was to start a glide in the top half of the planet, where the controls are relatively normal, and try to point Rouge in the right direction so I could avoid having to use the control stick once the controls got weird.

Although I just thought of a potentially better strategy while typing this; since the planet is a sphere with the emerald at the bottom and a tower at the top, if you start a glide at the top of the tower you should pass over the emerald if you go in a straight line. Too bad I never thought of that the first time I played, because I feel like that could have saved me a good deal of trouble.

Crow

Post by Crow »

BEECA
DAEDE
CBCAA
DBBBB
EABEA
CBDCC
CEAAD
DCBDD
EBBEE
CADAE
CBEBB
EEECE
CCEAD
EABBE
CDBAE
CDBDE
EEBAE
CBCDA
DADDB
ECCCC
EECAA
EDECD
CEEAC
DCBCE
EEDAE
EEBBE
ACCAA

cosmic wall
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

cosmic wall is proof that mech stages aren't inherantly flawed and can be a great fun time, but they need a specific design to be fun, a design that doesn't have to omit the usual traps (bottomless pits and ambushes) but actually paces them and sets them up well. In particular, the climbing and falling sections here are surprisingly great.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

I believe I already gave my opinion on this stage the first time it showed up (it's my favourite of the mech stages), so this time I'll talk about something different. In the multiplayer version of this level it's possible to... well I don't want to ruin the surprise so I'll just put this video here. Besides, the description of the video explains it better than I could.

Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Re: All The S@nics - SA² - In Space, No One Can Hear You Scream "The Jump Didn't Jump!"

Post by Blivsey »

Hey let's uhhhh make one of the three levers to progress with the level just kill you

just drop the player in a pit

no escape

:mgmnds:
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Grounder

Re: All The S@nics - SA² - In Space, No One Can Hear You Scream "The Jump Didn't Jump!"

Post by Grounder »

probably going to fall on deaf ears, but you don't need to barrel through all the missions in one go

"just wanting to get it done" is not doing you any favors for hard mode or time trial
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

BEECA
DAEDE
CBCAA
DBBBB
EABEA
CBDCC
CEAAD
DCBDD
EBBEE
CADAE
CBEBB
EEECE
CCEAD
EABBE
CDBAE
CDBDE
EEBAE
CBCDA
DADDB
ECCCC
EECAA
EDECD
CEEAC
DCBCE
EEDAE
EEBBE
ACCAA
EADDE

yeah crazy gadget do be like that :mgmn:
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Grounder wrote: 3 years ago probably going to fall on deaf ears, but you don't need to barrel through all the missions in one go

"just wanting to get it done" is not doing you any favors for hard mode or time trial
yeah.
yeah I know.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

the last two needlemouse stages can both be A Bit Of A Thing too (though not crazy gadget bad) so
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Looking at the comments I get the impression that a lot of people think this level is bad, but I feel like it's not that bad. Sure there's some jank to be found here, but there are ways around it. For instance, with the one rail raocow was having a lot of trouble jumping on (right after the three levers on the ceiling), there's a trail of rings you can use the light speed dash on that puts you right on the rail, and it's way easier than trying to jump on it. And pulling the levers may be finicky, but there's a button prompt that appears when Sonic is in position to pull the lever, and if the player can't take the time to ensure that the prompt is there before pressing the button I feel like it's on them if something bad happens.

As for the lever that sends you to your death when you pull it, I personally think it's kind of funny, but maybe that's just me. I also find myself chuckling at things like an invisible block over a pit in a Mario level, and this is pretty similar; it's something that will fool you once, but after that you'll know to avoid it. Also, the lever is not far after a checkpoint, so it won't set you back very far, and even if you decide to try it for the first time on mission 2 or 4, it's not super far in the level (as evidenced by the fact that you get here at all in mission 2 in a level with well over 300 rings).

FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

In contrast, Crazy Gadget is my least favorite stage in the game and in fact the only one I do not like. Ordinarily the jankier aspects of the game's physics don't matter so much, but the gravity shifts and light dashes that don't quite work right lead to so so many deaths that feel more like the game's fault than yours, which is incredibly frustrating.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

No, Crazy Gadget's pretty bad with the length, the fact that you can easily Bounce Bracelet instead of Light Dash and all that stuff. It's like they took the whole one-button gameplay deal a little too seriously there instead of mapping those functions to different buttons. Going to be a few more years before they figure that out.

I'm sure Final Rush will be fun with all the rail transfer stuff.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

the trick is to never rail transfer
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

BEECA
DAEDE
CBCAA
DBBBB
EABEA
CBDCC
CEAAD
DCBDD
EBBEE
CADAE
CBEBB
EEECE
CCEAD
EABBE
CDBAE
CDBDE
EEBAE
CBCDA
DADDB
ECCCC
EECAA
EDECD
CEEAC
DCBCE
EEDAE
EEBBE
ACCAA
EADDE
EDEDE

ed, ed, and e

i'm sonic. sonic adventure 2
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

sonic's the name, adventure 2's my game
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!