(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by ano0maly »

Finished Mighty Gunvolt Burst with the third character Ekoro recently. I really like how she plays because of the reason below.

To recap, this game has a "burst" mechanic where if you finish off an enemy while you're close enough, you increase your burst count, which boosts your score. The count doesn't reset due to time, but it goes back to 0 if you defeat something outside the burst range. So you can't just shoot wildly if you're going for a good score and aiming for the highest rank of S. There are certain things in the game that allows you to get burst combo without getting close, though.

Ekoro's special ability called Goddess's Blessing allows her to become invincible for some time, and while this effect is on she deals more damage and can collect bursts without being in close range. And it costs a modest 100 points to have the ability available (enabling character abilities and attributes can increase your Cost Points, which decreases your bonus score - there's a bonus score category calculated as 6000 minus Cost Points usage), so the game fully expects you to use it.

Before when I played the game with Gunvolt and Beck, I played casually, only trying to play decently well but without aiming to get S ranks for each level. But with such a potent and useful ability for Ekoro, I thought it would be realistic to actually go for the ranks, because basically half the time I'm safe from most enemies/hazards and I get free bursts. It looks like achieving S ranks in all the levels doesn't unlock anything, although the ranks do increase your completion percentage (I've confirmed that you need all S ranks for 100%), and you do get an achievement the first time an S rank is reached.

I just thought that her playstyle very much gels with me, and it works well if you're playing for ranks. After progressively learning about how the game functions through the previous two character modes, Ekoro seemed like just the right mode to play. I might not play through the same game again with the other 6 characters you can get through DLC, but I can appreciate its strengths and what it has to offer after three playthroughs.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I feel like every time the ball gets rolling in Final Fantasy VII Remake, the padding makes sure to send it right back to a screeching halt. There are so many things I'm enjoying while playing this like how the combat system will make you work for your wins even in some regular battles, but the game doesn't need as much filler or cutscene talk sequences as it does. There's just no real flow going here, and a couple of chapters definitely overstayed their welcome by a good while because of that.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

GenesisJames wrote: 3 years ago
BurntTenda wrote: 3 years ago I played through Hamtaro Ham-ham Heartbreak
It's a cute game
That was a classic game from my childhood! Had a lot of fun with it; so many cute characters, and surprisingly great music, too! You should also play Ham Hams Unite for the GBC if you liked Ham Ham Heartbreak enough. It's basically the origin game for a lot of HHH's mechanics!
I did watch ProtonJon play HHU when he streamed it I think around last year.
So I might wait a little before trying it out myself.
I want it bit more fresh in my mind.

I got all the Speedrun trophies in Re:coded, as well as the Weapon Wizard trophy, and the Critical and Proud trophies.
The only two left are the ones for the Avatar Parts and the 100 floors of the Avatar Sector.
I've got 53 floors so far from Tag Mode.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

Over the past few days I've been working on getting the platinum trophy for Saints Row 3, then after that Saints Row 4. I'm not looking forward to finishing off the remaining challenges, chop shop, and assassination stuff as those are just kind of not the most exciting things. Some of the DLC trophies are annoying to get, but thankfully I didn't have to spend too much time trying to get them

I got the Trials of Mana remake, but I have to wait for it to arrive in the mail and since I didn't want to pay $15 for shipping, I have to wait like a week and a half. Oh well, there's plenty for me to do until then.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Getting close to the last part of FFVII Remake. Wondering how they're going to try to stick the landing since I've heard things, but I'll find out for myself in the next couple of days unless I go powering on through it in one go. Doubt that though.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Finally, Katamari Damacy REROLL is done. I've had and played the game off and on for over a year now. I'm glad that's off my chest now. What was completed:
  • All Levels
  • All Royal Presents
  • Eternals Unlocked
I also got the Huge items for the two levels where that was important.

Not sure what next. I suppose I could go back to New Vegas? But I'm having problems with my keyboard :(
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Nast

Post by Nast »

Played Streets of Rage 2 with my husband, got to level 8. I wasn't sure how much I'd enjoy an oldschool beat 'em up, but to my surprise we ended up having a lot of fun. It's just satisfying to beat up a bunch of dudes, and it gets pretty challenging later on. Only big gripe I have is that I wish there weren't friendly fire during co-op, but to be fair we got some laughs out of accidentally beating each other up.

I also recently completed Shovel Knight Showdown. Cleared Story mode with every character and got all achievements. I haven't really played it with friends, and maybe there'd be some fun to be had there? But as a single-player game, I kinda hated it. It's chaotic in the worst ways, at least in my opinion, and the AI, even on low difficulties, reacts to your inputs and parries your attacks with perfect timing, which is just not fun. The roster's pretty cool at least.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Cleaned up on FF7R and platinumed it over the weekend on top of that. Good game, but it had major issues with padding just about everywhere that brought the pacing to a screeching halt. Not every chapter needed to be as long as it was, and some parts of the game honestly could've been cut entirely without me minding. Combat was fun, and so was some of the new characterization, but it could've been better is all I'm saying.

Also just finished paying off my final loan in New Horizons, so that's another game "beaten". Not like I won't be playing that one for a good long while to come.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 4 years ago Warhammer 40000: Mechanicus! I'll update with more information once I'm a bit deeper.
Basically Mechanicus remains consistent throuhgout and is a pretty good game, but nothing too special or particularly replayable. Oh well! Still playing Ring Fit Adventure and Warframe, of course! Intermittently playing bits of Smash and a few other titles here and there.

November:
Wargroove! it's Advance Wars, but fantasy - even moreso than Fire Emblem. It's fun and good, but the side missions are a bit too much, dragging many turns over what could've been reasonable. S-ranked the entire main story though.

December:
Minit! A 6-second time-loop Link's Awakening with a monochrome aesthetic, didn't hugely grab me but I 100%ed it in the span of 6 hours nonetheless. Hit and miss humour. Reminded me too much of Anodyne in places.

Shift Quantum! Ever played the flash games, Shift? They're pretty good! This is more of it with fancier production values and a half-hearted attempt at a story. Filled time for sure. Didn't leave much of an impression beyond that.

January:
Child of Light! A soft bedtime story of a floaty platformer-RPG, that largely ditches the platforming. Not too hard, not too easy, hope you like rhyming couplets or the story will drive you insane. Quite liked it, but there's not much to write home about beyond that. Charming and twee, that's all it could ever need to be... ah, fuck.

February:
Donut County! It's the inverse of Katamari Damacy, but the same sweeping sensation of "cleaning". Ruin a midwestern town of anthropomorphic animal people by dropping all their belongings down a portable hole that moves through the ground, getting bigger as it goes. Very cartoony. Goofy story to go with it. One-and-done gameplay, clocking it at 4 hours absolute maximum. Short and sweet, hollow but still a nice treat.

Furi! Oh now this is beautiful. One-on-one bosses in inventive bullet-hell areas, switching from projectile chaos to intense reaction-focused melee. Some bosses emphasise one discipline over the other, a few forgoing bullets altogether. Saw it through to its 'true' ending and fighting the hidden boss. Definitely took a lot of sweat and swearing to break though this one. Aesthetically reminiscent of No More Heroes in places, with some really artsy direction between bosses, its visual design comes from the creator of Afro Samurai and it shows. Mmh. Delightful game. Really resonated with my tastes. Oh, and how could I forget the MUSIC! Good god damn, just... go listen to the OST.

Owlboy! Hoo boy. Hoo Boy would also have been a better title. Pseudo-pacifist flap-former where you pick up stuff and people as a mute lad with wings. People who often carry guns and shoot stuff for you, sort of cancelling out the pacifism thing. Switching characters is a little more fussy than it needs to be, and the story is nothing to write home about. Lovely pixel art and many years of effort did not redeem this title for me I'm afraid - short, fiddly, and not actually that great. It is very pretty but it lacks substance on every axis - gameplay, aesthetic and narrative. Kinda left an "off" taste.

Dark Sector! As part of my continued fascination with Digital Extremes and their back-catalogue, I decided to play this precursor (but not prequel) to Warframe, the proto-Warframe ruined by executive meddling, that saw the Space Ninja Game reduced to a third-person shooter with a CIA agent in disease-wracked Russia. Elements that would reappear in Warframe are here, including the Infested, and elemental affinities - Electricity and Fire in particular are used in puzzles a lot, with Ice sparingly used - as are a handful of Warframes themselves, albeit looking a lot chunkier and without their true backstory. The glaive, a thrown weapon that can be navigated in midair after throwing, is the star of the show here, not the protagonist nor his villains, even as some morph from people into Excalibur and Nemesis (who WF fans know better now as Nyx), and the final antagonist is blatantly Lephantis. Not a hidden gem, definitely a weak title, but historically fascinating to the enthusiast Warframe player.

Gato Roboto! A tiny Metroidvania, another monochrome one like Minit or Downwell, complete with unlockable palette swap options. You're a kitty! You get a suit! Pew pew! Gameplay wise there's little you haven't seen here in other, more full-featured Metroidvanias, but it's cute and quick. Clocks in at a scant 3 hours or so unless you take up speedrunning it, which is remarkably easy to do so.

Quarantine Circular! Sequel to Subsurface Circular by Bithell Games, which itself was a secret successor to

Thomas Was Alone

. More very good short-form narrative sci-fi, a visual novel with lovely 3D visuals, and the same "concepts and ideas as inventory" as before. This one's not about AIs and robotic Teks though, this one's about... uh... a global pandemic resulting in mass quarantines and enforcement. Boy howdy I picked the right time to play this one, right as it was all kicking off in China... er... anyway, I somehow doubt we'll get the second half of this game's main plot, which is about first contact with a lone intelligent alien, and learning to communicate them, on multiple levels. Gave me a lot to think about. Has a lot more endings than the simple binary choice of Subsurface, with decisions echoing down the story branches, and perspective swaps between characters building up a complex and layered narrative. Excellent stuff here, although... might not be the right time to play it if you're of a sensitive disposition to The Everything That Is Happening In The World Right Now. Or it might be ideal, let you work out your own feelings about what quarantine means to you in an artificial environment with a ficticious disease... either way, well worth investigating and I look forward to more in this style. About double the length of its predecessor when you factor in all the extra routes at 4 hours.

March:
Quell Memento! A simple sliding-tile puzzle game with a simple story about an old man with a dodgy memory poetically and sweetly framing it. Nothing special. Needed it to chill. Could probably find better on Kongregate, but it's got nice production values at least.

Mega Man: Battle Network 2! Continuing my journey through the first three BNs at the behest of my gf, had a lot of fun with this one and enjoyed a lot of the dungeons and the internet especially (at least until the Freeze event) a lot more than the previous title. Didn't really attempt the postgame though, and was absolutely lousy with Program Advances in this title. Still, can see why it's a classic!

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night! I helped Kickstart this one way back. Wonderful Castlevania title in all but name, blending the best of Symphony of the Night, Aria/Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia into a wholly unoriginal but solid game. It's beefy too, clocking in at 38 hours for me 100% completion, but without all the recipe and item grinding it's much closer to 30, if not less. I was quite meticulous! If there's any flaw with this game, it's that despite new lore about Shardbinders and some back and forth with the antagonists, some betrayals and the like, there's really nothing original in the feel of any of it. It's just more of that familiar Castlevania flavour you love and remember.

Mirror Drop! A 3D puzzle game with no obvious instructions. I got the knack of magnetically moving a ball to a point in 3D space, then got violently motion sick from the naseauting colourscapes. Erf. Pass.

Grey Goo! Brought out by a studio of former Westwood veterans (Command & Conquer), an RTS about three species clashing - one with an industrial aesthetic that can build anywhere and move their structures, one with a polished drone-heavy clean-tech aesthetic bound to a power network, and one all-consuming hivemind with a simple directive to spread and reproduce. Oh dear, it all sounds very Starcraft when I put it like that... but it's a little more creative than that. The two conventional factions, the Beta and the Humans, play reasonably as you'd expect for a Starcraft/C&C-like with a balance of infantry and tank units, artillery and aircraft. They even have an emphasis on "extensions", like the base modules from Starcraft... christ it really is... but the unique element is the titular one, the Goo. While they have a "main base structure", that base structure is also a unit unto itself at all times, and can move across mountains and heal by sucking on resource spigots the other factions have to mine - which is just as well, as unit production comes off the Mother Goo's health, too. Thankfully you can also undergo mitosis and make MANY Mother Goos, to occupy as many resource pools as you can defend with your army of jellies and smooth shiny laser drones. They truly play uniquely, and are worth investigating if you have any interest in RTS whatsoever. This game really stuck with me, rattled around in the old headspace for a surprising amount of time after I put it down. It's a shame that the servers are down, little to no multiplayer scene, and the fourth faction (energy-siphoning crystalline Really Alien Aliens) only get a passing appearance at the end of the bonus campaign with a weird boss fight that doesn't actually use any of their units that were later added for the now-dead multiplayer. Ah well. Glad I played it.

Iconoclasts! Having watched raocow play this in full, I kinda rushed and skimmed through this. I knew it wasn't wholly my cup of tea, but I enjoyed the Agents and the core movement, even if the combat felt a little eh and the story beats... didn't really gel with me. I'm not sure what compelled me to go through it really, but the highlights were still worth it. The lowlights are still

FUCK YOU ELRO YOU ARE THE WORST SEVERAL THOUSAND TIMES EVER I HAVE NEVER FOUND A CHARACTER SO MISERABLY GRATING AS YOU YOU RANCID SACK OF BOILED PISS

ahem anyway yeah I liked the final boss a lot and the bosses in general.

April:
Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle! A wonderfully zany XCOM-like that purifies the % logic down - either you're in full cover (0% chance to hit), half cover (50%) or you're out in the open (100%). Of course, you can still break line of sight entirely, and that's sometimes valuable as terrain often breaks apart, or reveals special status effect blocks that can help and hinder. The movement tactics in this game alone are fantastic, reminding me more of Disgaea or Chroma Squad than the relatively staid and straightforward XCOM. I ended up 100%ing it, even the Ultimate Challenges, and enjoyed every damn moment of it, even on the few occasions when RNG in the form of status effects would bite me in the ass, sometimes even literally. First time I've ever liked those goofy rabbids, they're a bit cuter and less bug-eyed than they've ever been before (but still deeply uncanny and french), and the whole game reads like a love letter from Ubisoft to Nintendo, even as their Lapins crétins vandalize the beautiful Mario world they've crafted. A real joy to play.

Mega Man: Battle Network 3! I've started this, and not gotten too far - the Zoo scenario was both hilarious and awful, such a dumb concept for a dungeon - but I look forward to picking it back up shortly. More opinions later!

around this point I did an extended dive into Warframe: Scarlet Spear, an in-game event lasting most of April

DOOM Eternal! And finally, the game I got my new PC and monitor for, the all-singing, all-dancing successor to the sublime Doom 2016. What that game did with minimalism, this game MAXIMISES. Everything is bigger, faster, meaner - especially you. More tools to work with, more abilities to keep track of, more glory kills, more tactical awareness, more platforming, more story, more lore, more EVERYTHING. This game is absolutely stuffed to the gills, a funhouse mirror counterpart to Doom 2016's staid simplicity and purity. Not to say that it's excessively goofy, but it's definitely more overtly humorous. Is it a better game? No. Is a worse game? No. Is it the same game? Absolutely not. But is it DOOM? Oh Hell Fucking Yes It Is. And it's worth every penny. RIP! AND! TEAR! RIP! AND! TEAR!

And that brings me up to date, I believe.
Last edited by BobisOnlyBob 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Nast

Post by Nast »

Finished Mega Man (Wily Wars version). It was alright, but definitely growing pains for the series. Ice Man's stage and the fight against your clone are just painful. I also get the feeling the Wily Wars version is not the ideal way to play it, what with the weird delay in your movement and some music tracks being a bit butchered.

On to Mega Man 2!
PSI Ninja
https://psininja.talkhaus.com/

Post by PSI Ninja »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 3 years agoChild of Light!
I played this when it first came out. I thought the writing was terrible. The rhymes sound awkward and forced, and there isn't a good flow to the text. It isn't easy to make effective rhymes, much less maintain it for the entire game, but I think they could have put in a bit more effort to keep the writing on par with the visual aesthetic. The battle system is fun and engaging, though.

Recently, I 100%'ed Ori and the Will of the Wisps. It's such a great game, and it improves upon the original in pretty much every way. The amount of new abilities you learn is staggering, and the way you can customize your attack set to suit your play style was a great idea. Just getting from place to place is fun, sometimes I skipped the fast travelling to have an excuse to play around more with the game's fluid controls. And there's also the Spirit Trials, where you have to complete platforming segments within a certain time limit. You can even challenge the ghosts of other players, to try to get a better time. Here are my Spirit Trial times:
Kwolok's Hollow: 18.730
The Wellspring: 33.205
Luma Pools: 20.179
Inkwater Marsh: 21.470
Baur's Reach: 35.651
Mouldwood Depths: 23.771
Silent Woods: 19.694
Windswept Wastes: 25.558
Unfortunately, the leaderboards seem to be glitchy, so I didn't put where I placed. I'm not really happy with some of my times, but I felt I had to move on at some point. That, and I think I would have gotten RSI if I kept going for attempts. I spent way too long on these.

Overall, incredible game, and everyone who enjoys platformers should play it.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I beat Larxene and Ansem in the KH3 DLC.
I have to decided to use Kupo Coins because I really would like to see the actual ending to the DLC sooner rather later.

I started a new playthrough of Jedi Fallen Order because they added a new game+ out of nowhere that let's you keep your cosmetic stuff, along with adding a red lightsaber option and an

Inquisitor Cal

costume.
And a challenge mode! And a battle grid to set up your own challenges!
They also added a new boss exclusive to the challenges/battle grid.
It's terrifying.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Flew through Trials of Mana's remake this week on the Switch. A few close calls, but I actually got through the main game on normal difficulty without seeing the game over screen. That is a very rare thing for me on a playthrough, first or otherwise. Pretty fun game to play, and I like that magic doesn't stop everything on the screen like the SNES/SFC game probably would. Voice actors did a good job handling the unusually slow pace they had to talk in for some of the lines, mainly the cutscenes.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe

Re: What game (singular) are you playing?

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

i've been playing so much streets of rage 4 aaauuuuuuuuuhg it's REALLY GOOD

aside from the gameplay feeling perfect for the series' conventions, the character art & animations are beyond gorgeous and the soundtrack RIPS, it really just does everything it sets out to super well

adam's my favorite character to play atm but i'm trying to branch out and learn the rest of the cast too. i love cherry's grab & air game but i haven't found the right setup with her to juggle enemies at the wall yet
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

beat contra with the 30 lives code because huffing it with the default + life ups is downright unreasonable for a beginner
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Nast

Post by Nast »

Just did a quick run of Sonic 2 before going to sleep. Omg this game just flows so well, you just pick a direction and go and there's level for you to play, even now I'm still discovering new areas, agghhh I love it

I'm also pretty far into Mega Man 2 already, only got Flash Man to do before the Wily stages. I gotta say, I'm enjoying this one a lot more than the first one. Even though it's still difficult it's a lot more reasonable in general while retaining that creative energy from the first game. I'm having trouble figuring out the boss weaknesses though :s Like how is Wood Man not weak to Heat Man, come on
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

So I decided to go back into Everspace. After derusting, I completed a single run with two DNA fragments (out of 8). It's fun to go back into that game. Might muck around with a Gunship+Ancient Weapon Run during all this.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Got back into The End Is Night for the first time in a few years. I played through it on PC back in 2017 and then when I bought a Switch in preparation for the release of Mario Odyssey, I got the Switch version of TEIN along with it but didn't end up actually playing it until now.

Still a very fun platformer with great music, and I get a kick out of hearing Rich Evans yelling in the intro.
Nast

Post by Nast »

Beat Mega Man 2 (Wily Wars) the other day, and once more the day after. The Wily stages are badly designed in my opinion and left a bad taste in my mouth, but overall I liked this game a whole lot better than the first, though it's hard to put my finger on why. I want to say the Robot Master stages are better designed, as it feels like there's fewer random elements, which was one of my biggest problems with Mega Man 1. The bosses are unbalanced but more interesting and fun overall, and the boss weapons are cooler to use for sure.

I realize last time I complained that Wood Man wasn't weak to Heat Man's weapon. Turns out you have to charge it fully in order to deal damage so, oops, I'm dumb. But on that note, I still think some of the weaknesses are a bit nonsensical, in part due to some of the Robot Master's abilities being pretty abstract. Is this good because it encourages you to experiment more with your weapons, or is it bad because it loses a bit of the elegance that the first game's system had? I can't really decide

Also I found out later that, on top of being based on the original Japanese difficulty, this version adds longer hit invincibility to enemies and bosses, which makes it the hardest version I guess???
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The quick backlog stuff continues with BoxBoy! + BoxGirl! for the Switch. I enjoyed the 3DS trilogy, so it's no surprise that I'm also having a good deal of fun with this one since it's basically more of the same. I'm hoping to be able to do the co-op mode eventually, but for now, the solo stuff is fine by me.

This one adds the ability to pogo with blocks in some levels, and they just gave Qbby the ability to kick boxes straight ahead with no concern for gravity. Both are pretty cool.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I picked up Mario + Rabbids again. I've got through world 1 and most of the world 1 challenges.
It's pretty fun.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I had zero recollection of Nevermore in The End is Nigh. I thought it was post-game stuff that I didn't know about and therefore skipped the first time I played it a few years ago, but I looked at my save on the Steam version of the game and apparently I did do it, so... I don't know how I just forgot about that

I recall there was a point where I was trying to get all achievements but I couldn't no-death the super megacart and all that garbage so I gave up and then I think later on they added an achievement to beat the main game without dying and like... yeah right!
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I spent like 2-3 hours attempting Nevermore and didn't complete it

I don't know how I've apparently done this before despite having no recollection of it
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

In my attempt to both expand my library of game cube games and play more dubious quality licensed games of yesteryear, I bought I dirt cheap copy of Kids Next Door: Operation V.I.D.E.O.G.A.M.E.
It is exactly what you would expect from a mid naughts licensed platformer game play wise. Maybe I should stop trying to compare every game cube game to Super Mario Sunshine, but it's not that good looking of a game. The shmup levels were surprising well done. Some of the bossfights, if not good at least had something interesting going on; several of the levels don't even have conventional boss fights.
At the very least it was a trip down memory lane, I remember watching the show when it aired, and I forgot just how ridiculous it could be.

I wonder if the K.N.D could air nowadays with how weird it could get. I specifically remember there's an episode in which Numbuh 1 is an anti-vaxer. His argument is something along the lines that vaccines are a plot by the dairy industry to turn children into woodland animals in order to harvest their organs to flavor ice cream.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Just a few worlds left in BoxBoy + BoxGirl now. I like that there are three modes and while the gimmicks are similar for them, they all have different ways of getting around the stages because of how it's setup. Solo mode, co-op, and another solo mode. It's pretty neat.

Also in the last week, I played a quick Switch game in Megabyte Punch which was originally released way back in 2012 or 2013 going by sites. It plays like Smash Bros. Brawl's SSE mode where you build up robots and place parts on them to make them do things like have a triple jump or be able to destroy walls. It has six worlds of three stages and a boss fight. Pretty fun. A lot easier with a friend along since the difficulty doesn't scale, and you can each take the heat off each other during the boss fights.