(shouting)

Super SIG World 38 - Sleep In....Goodness

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Re: Super SIG World 38 - So It Goes

Post by Mandew »

I've seen the first 15 or so SIG games played at some point and I can say this one is better than the others I've seen. Or at least it starts off a lot better. A lot of the problems in the other SIG games crop up towards the back half of the game. I remember a commonly reoccurring one being auto-scrollers in which not much happens. It wouldn't be a stretch to expect a lot of those issues to have been addressed by now, though.
video games
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Super SIG World 38 - Surprisingly, Isn't Garbage

Post by Alice »

Arctangent wrote: 4 years agoit's six more than the number of madden games out there

let that sink in
I still genuinely don't see how the number is at all relevant to the quality of this one romhack.
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

Alice wrote: I still genuinely don't see how the number is at all relevant to the quality of this one romhack.
well yes, if you try to force a square peg into a round hole, you would be awfully confused as to why it doesn't seem to fit
Leet wrote: 4 years ago so monarchy is ok, got it
man y'must not like a lot of things raocow plays, considering it's sounding like you see sardonic mockery as a sign of love and i certainly haven't seen you go full blast on that in a lot of the past thread
Alice

Post by Alice »

Arctangent wrote: 4 years ago
Alice wrote:I still genuinely don't see how the number is at all relevant to the quality of this one romhack.
well yes, if you try to force a square peg into a round hole, you would be awfully confused as to why it doesn't seem to fit
Er, what? How does this even apply to what I said in any way?
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

Alice wrote: 4 years ago
Arctangent wrote: 4 years ago
Alice wrote:I still genuinely don't see how the number is at all relevant to the quality of this one romhack.
Er, what? How does this even apply to what I said in any way?
gonna have to paint me a pretty vivid picture of how "there's something viscerally amazing about seeing such a huge number attached to a series, especially one that seems to play it so safe" gets transformed into a criticism of quality before you use that line in a way that isn't totally empty
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

thank you for proving my point of "you're just responding word salad" both to me and alice in a single post
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago so monarchy is ok, got it
I mean raocow lives in a nation with a reigning queen and he makes videos fine

And I like the Yoshi's Island level. In response to what was said during that level, aren't red cape super koopas generated while yellow ones are pre-placed? That's how it was in Butter Bridge 2. And I do think an autoscroller where things spawn from the boundary behind you would be interesting.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago thank you for proving my point of "you're just responding word salad" both to me and alice in a single post
truly, you'd thank the moon for causing acid rain
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

i need scissors! 61!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

i can't really see why "i am completely unable to interpret language that requires the slightest bit of lateral thinking, but somehow this is your fault" is a take you want to be so strongly associated with, but i guess there's types of all kinds
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Arctangent wrote: 4 years ago i can't really see why "i am completely unable to interpret language that requires the slightest bit of lateral thinking, but somehow this is your fault" is a take you want to be so strongly associated with, but i guess there's types of all kinds
I'm trying to be neutral reading the conversation between the two of you but honestly it's increasingly hard to understand what you're trying to say. You've lost me in the last couple or so posts.

And this whole conversation has gotten quite off track at this point
Last edited by ano0maly 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Arctangent wrote: 4 years agoi can't really see why "i am completely unable to interpret language that requires the slightest bit of lateral thinking, but somehow this is your fault" is a take you want to be so strongly associated with, but i guess there's types of all kinds
Do you seriously need to condescend to people? And have you ever considered that if people are having trouble following what you're saying, it may be because you're not communicating your point clearly enough? If so many people are having trouble following you it seems far more likely than them just being too dumb to understand you.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I have no idea what's going on and it's not helping that I can't tell who's saying what cause I'm just looking at the repeating hats in my peripheral as I read
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

Alice wrote: 4 years ago Do you seriously need to condescend to people?
ah yes clearly i must be a perfect innocent little doll with every single edge filed off. the slightest bit of vitriol from me is a complete crime against humanity, even if i'm melting from someone else dunking me in a pool of their own
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Does anyone here speak metaphor so they can translate for me
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Arctangent wrote: 4 years agoah yes clearly i must be a perfect innocent little doll with every single edge filed off. the slightest bit of vitriol from me is a complete crime against humanity, even if i'm melting from someone else dunking me in a pool of their own
How about you stop that for now? Got reports on a couple different posts from different people about this.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

Bean wrote: 4 years ago How about you stop that for now? Got reports on a couple different posts from different people about this.
gonna have to give that a hard "no" if you're just gonna be the type of person who should never be an elementary school teacher, like, ever
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I have put Arctangent in the sin bin for a week so let's now go back to our regularly scheduled thread
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

so how about them marios

Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

SIG reveals his true colors??????

also everytime i step on a ! switch im forced to try and yump it
i've been successful but also failed a lot of attempts

what have you people done to me...
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

If that was intentional, fair play to SIG. Well done.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

raoguy I made the "Drei Drei Desert" joke because that's basically how it's pronounced >_> Did you learn nothing from hearing Tia and Freu say "Eins" and "Eislanse" and other such things all the time
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Re: Super SIG World 38 - Sneaky Imperial-red Gimmick

Post by FPzero »

Using Z-Ordering as a way to hide the secret exit was pretty clever, and I thought the Switch Palace was also cute. Plenty of bonus to be had there but it was also kind of dangerous at the same time, since lava was around.
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

I honestly love that secret exit. Like raocow I didn't think I could get it yet when I first played the level, and it took until seeing the red switch blocks in the fortress for me to be like "wait a sec" and return. It's a neat trick.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

I certainly didn't expect discourse in the SIG thread lol

That On/Off thing was neat, although I would've never caught it :slow:
ImageImage