(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
kitikami

Re: A Thousand Miles - Sonic Jam (Game.com) - Mobians Don't Really Have Toes

Post by kitikami »

I think the Game.com games are definitely better than MegaMan DOS. raocow joked at some point in the video that it was like playing a real Sonic game, but you can legitimately find things in this game that are almost like playing a real Sonic game. There are some nice graphics and animations, Tails is still PECKing adorable (bonus that you pretty much have to play as him), and there are some interesting interactions that are competently programmed, like the bouncing mushrooms or the ratchet things you crank up to climb, for example. No one would ever mistake MM DOS for anything but a weird bootleg someone coded and then loaded onto a floppy in their basement.

The more i see of it, though, the more i'm convinced this was very much not finished before being put on the market.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

AW YEAH, THIS IS HAPPENIN'
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
TehRealSalt
ring racers programmer
First name: sally
Pronouns: she/her

Post by TehRealSalt »

Clearly, the fourth day before Adventure should be doing the Knuckles playthroughs for all the Sonic Jams. Squeeze it of all it's got! :pal:
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

TehRealSalt wrote: 4 years ago Clearly, the fourth day before Adventure should be doing the Knuckles playthroughs for all the Sonic Jams. Squeeze it of all it's got! :pal:
Yeah! It's like the back of the box says:

You can also play as Knuckles!
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

the fact that there are just some stage elements that are so faithfully recreated while everything else is just Not really sells the whole "mmf sonic fangame" so much more
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

man
maannnnnnnnnnn
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

are you enjoying the sequel to sonic 3D blast, raocow
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

Some kid must've received a game.com and Sonic Jam for their birthday. Just imagine that.
ImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

So

At this point, judging from the listings

We're about 1/3 through All The Sonics

Now the fun begins
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow

Post by Crow »

Don't worry the 57 episode heroes LP and 61 episode shadow LP is gonna make up for how fast and short most of the early games were :P

(god I hope not tho)
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

The Era known as Classic draws to an end.

The Era of the Dream begins.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Ahh... Sonic Jam for Game.com... officially the last classic sonic game. Going out with a bang.
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago Don't worry the 57 episode heroes LP and 61 episode shadow LP is gonna make up for how fast and short most of the early games were :P

(god I hope not tho)
Eh, I doubt it'll be that much. That said...we're 7/8 years in, and 8/7 years away from what everyone is waiting for...
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

FUN SONIC FACTS! SONIC ADVENTURE!

With the completion of Sonic & Knuckles, the majority of the Japanese side of the Sega Technical Institute, including producer and programmer Yuji Naka, left to return to Japan, leaving Sonic the Hedgehog in the hands of other creative teams in other countries.

Once back in Japan, Naka was finally reunited with the original creator of Sonic the Hedgehog, Naoto Ohshima. Resurrecting the Sonic Team name as a group of both veterans and newcomers, the pair then decided to begin work on a title completely separate from the Sonic concept, despite naming their team after Sonic. While it seems strange at first blush, this was because both wanted to prove that the minds behind the character that went toe-to-toe with Super Mario could make exciting games that didn't need the Blue Blur's star power to succeed. With the Sega Saturn well on its way to the hands of confused consumers, the team began development on an idea Naka had conceived right after the completion of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - NiGHTS Into Dreams.

But, as always, Sega was unwilling to let the Sonic series slumber, assigning the remaining American side of STI to work on the next major installment of the series: Sonic X-treme. Though filled with talented people who had grand visions of Sonic's inaugural outing in the third dimension, the project was fraught with foolish decisions, endless delays, corporate backbiting, and ultimately would be mismanaged into oblivion, smashing a titanic hole in the listing ship that was the Saturn. While other titles like Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island and the Sega 32X exclusive Chaotix attempted to fill the void, SEGA's bosses weren't satisfied. To them, it seemed clear that the only people who would be able to make Sonic work in the third dimension would be the people responsible for him in the first place - Sonic Team.

But the first order for a new Sonic game wouldn't come from Sega, but within Sonic Team itself.
Grounder

Re: All The S@nics - Adventure - The New Frontier

Post by Grounder »

It's adventure time.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

splash
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 4 years ago FUN SONIC FACTS! SONIC ADVENTURE!

With the completion of Sonic & Knuckles, the majority of the Japanese side of the Sega Technical Institute, including producer and programmer Yuji Naka, left to return to Japan, leaving Sonic the Hedgehog in the hands of other creative teams in other countries.

Once back in Japan, Naka was finally reunited with the original creator of Sonic the Hedgehog, Naoto Ohshima. Resurrecting the Sonic Team name as a group of both veterans and newcomers, the pair then decided to begin work on a title completely separate from the Sonic concept, despite naming their team after Sonic. While it seems strange at first blush, this was because both wanted to prove that the minds behind the character that went toe-to-toe with Super Mario could make exciting games that didn't need the Blue Blur's star power to succeed. With the Sega Saturn well on its way to the hands of confused consumers, the team began development on an idea Naka had conceived right after the completion of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - NiGHTS Into Dreams.

But, as always, Sega was unwilling to let the Sonic series slumber, assigning the remaining American side of STI to work on the next major installment of the series: Sonic X-treme. Though filled with talented people who had grand visions of Sonic's inaugural outing in the third dimension, the project was fraught with foolish decisions, endless delays, corporate backbiting, and ultimately would be mismanaged into oblivion, smashing a titanic hole in the listing ship that was the Saturn. While other titles like Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island and the Sega 32X exclusive Chaotix attempted to fill the void, SEGA's bosses weren't satisfied. To them, it seemed clear that the only people who would be able to make Sonic work in the third dimension would be the people responsible for him in the first place - Sonic Team.

But the first order for a new Sonic game wouldn't come from Sega, but within Sonic Team itself.
I scooped you on these details MONTHS AGO (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

OH NO

OUR WEAPONS ARE USELESS
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

It's just as the stone tablet predicted!

You know, the one that said "raocow will get to Sonic Adventure at some point and it'll be pretty great". That classic stone tablet.

So....any chance rao will ever meet Chacron? I'm assuming not, but I hope so. He might be my favorite sonic character.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

There's a lot to be said about Sonic Adventure and its place as a transition between the old style of Sonic and what will become the new style for roughly the next decade's worth of Sonic games in this series. Stuff that can probably wait until raocow actually plays a real level or two.

In the meantime, man it's great to hear raocow so excited about something.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

legitimately great game
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago legitimately great game
the best part of sonic adventure is that people either love the game legitimately or love it for how ridiculously dumb it can be

either way everyone loves this game for one reason or another
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I'm kind of ascended to the point where there's no difference between the two, for all things
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

as someone born into a post sonic adventure world, i cannot ever comprehend how wild the tonal transition in this game is in terms of the whole series. you're adding 3d, cutscenes longer than "knuckles chuckles and sonic falls in a hole," voice acting, non-eggman humans, the fact that everyone lives in this random city, echidna lore, chaos and their garden, hub worlds, buttrock, lock-on air dash...

this game must've been so much, and i just take it for granted. this is what sonic always has been to me, not "animals run through fun platforming environment and save smaller animals from robots"

what made them do it

and why haven't they done it again, this was a great game
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)