(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: All The S@nics - ℝ - Can't YOU Feel The Sunshine? Not right now!

Post by Grounder »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago I've always loved Metal Knuckles' design, it's a shame they haven't ever used him since

at least to my knowledge, outside of fan games

There's another robot Knuckles in Advance 1, but they're not the same robot, despite what child me thought.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Heavy Sigh

Re: All The S@nics - ℝ - Can YOU Feel The Sunshine?

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

Just as in Sonic 3D Blast's desperate Saturn Port, Sonic R's soundtrack was was composed by Richard Jacques, however this time, wanting to make use of all their new storage space, vocals were added by T.J. Davis. However, Jon Burton thought songs with vocals were quite strange to hear over actual gameplay, so the songs were set as instrumentals by default, with the ability to enable vocals tucked away in the options, at least until he warmed up to them later in development. Notably, Resort Island's theme, Can You Feel the Sunshine? actually forced the design of Resort Island to be changed, as it originally took place at sunset, and thus contained only minimum levels of Sunshine, which was quite silly when Can You Feel The Sunshine was supposed to be playing..

This of course did not stop the PC release from letting you play at multiple times of day, including night, where the song was even sillier.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: All The S@nics - ℝ - Can't Feel The Sunshine? Not right now!

Post by Awoo »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago
Awoo wrote: 4 years ago I've always loved Metal Knuckles' design, it's a shame they haven't ever used him since

at least to my knowledge, outside of fan games

There's another robot Knuckles in Advance 1, but they're not the same robot, despite what child me thought.

Oh, right! I totally forgot about that thing, but yeah that's definitely not the same character

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I always thought Tails Doll and Metal Knuckles were novel; maybe I'd think differently if they were used again ever though.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

i mean all of the characters right of eggman are robot versions of other characters. tails doll might be a doll, but it's also clearly a doll controlled by some hovering robot thing

it's thematic
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Arctangent wrote: 4 years ago i mean all of the characters right of eggman are robot versions of other characters. tails doll might be a doll, but it's also clearly a doll controlled by some hovering robot thing

it's thematic
Yeah this

Also, it's weird to me that raocow keeps expecting to unlock Eggman somehow along with other characters or something. For me, he's clearly the reward for beating the game normally, so getting the final trophy for Rainbow Road. Super Sonic is for the emeralds, and the other four for the coins in the normal stages.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

If you cut out most of the words to the Super Sonic Racing song, it sounds like she's saying everybody's soup.

And it's true. Everybody is soup.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I've always thought Metal Knuckles looks pretty cool, although it never occurred to me that he doesn't really appear outside of this game. Also, I feel like it would have been easier to unlock him using a different character. I actually played through this course with all of the characters just to compare them all, and if I recall correctly Sonic was actually one of the slower ones, mostly because he's bad at turning in midair, which makes him not great at taking the big shortcut.

Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

You got the shortcut right on that last round raocow! For what it's worth, you are playing as Sonic who doesn't turn great, so there's that.
I'd love to see an extra race of you showcasing Amy just for the hell of it- You'll be surprised.
ImageImage
T-A-C

Post by T-A-C »

Somebody remind me since my memory of Sonic the Comic is shaky. Did Metal Knuckles appear there as part of the Metallix?
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

T-A-C wrote: 4 years ago Somebody remind me since my memory of Sonic the Comic is shaky. Did Metal Knuckles appear there as part of the Metallix?
Yes
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
kurt91

Post by kurt91 »

You laughed at the "Special Effects Programmer" bit in the credits, but you'd be amazed. Jon Burton got the Saturn to do things that were literally impossible for it to do. If I remember right, the system can't do reflections or transparencies. You see reflections in the title screen and loading screens. Transparencies were used instead of distance fog, and the final track is literally all transparent! His YouTube channel actually goes over how he did these things in detail.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

That "See Ya" screen at the end of the credits? That was originally supposed to be the game's boxart, before it got canned for showing off Metal Sonic, who was supposed to be a secret character. Reasoning for why they didn't just airbrush him out is lost in a filing cabinet somewhere in Japan.
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

Huh. I forgot about 'Number One'. I guess the credits didn't get drilled into my head as much as everything else.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

I hope raocow can get the one emulator for the game.com running. The Sonic Jam "port" is something special
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

we now factually know that metal is superior to super

also diamond in the sky and you're my number one are my favorite tracks from this game
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

TiKi wrote: 4 years ago I hope raocow can get the one emulator for the game.com running. The Sonic Jam "port" is something special
Annotation 2020-01-25 083749.png
Annotation 2020-01-25 083749.png (9.49 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Still think the game's kind of a mess in motion, but glad you had fun with it. Are there any differences in gameplay between the Saturn original that raocow played here and the PC port we have on the Gems Collection?
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Bean wrote: 4 years ago Still think the game's kind of a mess in motion, but glad you had fun with it. Are there any differences in gameplay between the Saturn original that raocow played here and the PC port we have on the Gems Collection?
Based on https://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_R#Versions the only major difference is the addition of random weather (though there do appear to be some minor differences)
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

When you open your third eye, you'll realise that Sonic R is more fun to play than Mario Kart 64.
ImageImage
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The S@nics - ℝ - I Can Feel The Sunshine

Post by Awoo »

Piesonscreations wrote: 4 years ago When you open your third eye, you'll realise that Sonic R is more fun to play than Mario Kart 64.
You just have to see the sunshine

doesn't it brighten up your day?

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Re: All The S@nics - """"""""""3D"""""""""" Blast - Wanna Buy The Brooklyn Bridge?

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Heavy Sigh

Re: All The S@nics - """"""""""3D"""""""""" Blast - Wanna Buy The Brooklyn Bridge?

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

This game actually got a shell redesign in Tiger Electronics Pocket Arcade series of lcd games, turning it into a weird calculator shape with a hinged cover and an even worse design by combining the four buttons into two oblong shapes to make it much easier to press the wrong action and then die.