(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: A Thousand Miles - 3&K - Miles

Post by KobaBeach »

Putting this here as a little addendum to 1996.

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago Sonic, Super Sonic, & Hyper Sonic - Michael Jackson (one song being a cover)
shamona
Arctangent wrote: 4 years ago holy shit do i feel nostalgic for those midi- and wav-filled tgf and mmf sonic fan games
mood
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Re: All The S@nics - (2D) Blast - It's Anything But

Post by Blivsey »

SAJewers wrote: 4 years ago
Heavy Sigh wrote: 4 years ago Fun Sonic Facts!

The PC Port of Sonic & Knuckles must be played on a processor slower than 350 Mhz, as the game was not programmed with any kind of speed limiter, and thus speeds out of control without extra trickery to rein it in.
thankfully, someone made a fix for that
that "someone" being SEGA themselves

Anyone playing SKC in this day and age (or any of the old Sonic PC ports) should definitely be using Sega PC Reloaded, though
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

kurt91 wrote: 4 years ago

Also, the music is freaking amazing.
Child me was always so confused by Livin in the City, because child me was sure the lyrics said "where everything is green, can't you see", and cities are not known for being green.

It took a while before I accepted that I was just mishearing it. I still sing it as "green", anyway.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Oh, I also thought it was "where everything is green that you see", but in the context of, you have to keep the dream of everything being green alive, since you live in the city now instead of where everything is green.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Matt is me wrote: 4 years ago Child me was always so confused by Livin in the City, because child me was sure the lyrics said "where everything is green, can't you see", and cities are not known for being green.

It took a while before I accepted that I was just mishearing it. I still sing it as "green", anyway.

Calm down, there, Stanley.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Re: All The S@nics - (2D) Blast - It's Anything But

Post by Kleetus »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 4 years ago Thanks to Plutia retweeting cursed things, I remembered the existence of this

And now you all need to be reminded too
Recently was told about this image, thought you all might like.
Garf adventure.jpg
Garf adventure.jpg (142.1 KiB) Viewed 3694 times
Sauce is @margoanimates on Twitter
https://twitter.com/margoanimates/statu ... 0466670595
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

Speaking of upcoming sweet songs, I have a thing to announce.

So I have a youtube channel where I mostly upload videos of myself doing karaoke. I'm not a good singer--at all--but I have fun, so I keep doing it. I mostly just take requests for reddit, but every once in a while I like to do a little self-imposed challenge thingie. Like, once I recorded 66 different Michael Jackson songs on the 66 different days between his death day and his birthday.

I also really like Sonic music. Like, more than any one man should. So, it only seems natural that in the 1 month leading to the Sonic Movie (today until (and including) it comes out on February 14th) I should record and upload a different sonic song every single day. I had to pick and chose 31 songs (sorry Toot toot sonic warrior, you're not on the list), but I think I've got a solid list to go with. (All from games this time, because I didn't want Sonic Underground to dominate the playlist)

I'm not gonna mention this every day (or, likely ever again), but if you wanna follow along, here's the new playlist, complete with the first video--Sonic Boom. My webcam and mic aren't great (just using my computer's defaults), but it works. Tomorrow we begin nearly a week of Sonic R songs (I'm skipping Work it Out, 'cause I could only pick 31, but the other 5 made the cut), so it's gonna be relevant soon!

No guarentees on time of day that I get around to recording and uploading--some days I'm busier than others. But I'm gonna do my best to make sure it always happens at some point! Even if these average 1 view like most of my stuff!
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

Sonic Jam is one of the few Sonic games where the name "Eggman" appeared outside Japan (before Sonic Adventure, anyway). Conversely, it's also the only time the name "Ivo Robotnik" ever appeared in Japan.

oh, and to answer your question raocow: Sonic World isn't the remains of Sonic X-treme, but a super-duper early prototype for Sonic Adventure (when it was still being developed on the Saturn)!
Grounder

Re: All The S@nics - Sonic Jam - 3, 2, 1, Let's Jam & Knuckles!

Post by Grounder »

The animation rao skipped over isn't actually the OVA, it's an animation that as far as I can tell, was made specifically for Jam.

Note: This was never continued, so we can safely assume Sonic's reputation in that city was destroyed for good.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
VGjoe

Post by VGjoe »

Sonic World - 3
Mission 1 - 42
Mission 1 take 2 - 20
Exploring Sonic World again - 51
Mission 2 - 28
Mission 3, then giving up midway - 55

Total Rings collected in Sonic Jam: 199
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Nice of this series to include a recap episode
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

So...there are actually a bunch of little missions you do in this "Sonic World." It's kind of cool to do, and you do get a reward for completing all of them. (I forget what it was though. It's been over 20 years since I've played that game). It'd be cool if you went through them (:

The movie theater is kind of cool in that the Sonic CD opening and closing are actually different: They are true FMVs rather than the slideshowy things you saw on the Sega CD (since the Sega Saturn could actually playback FMVs). Moreover, they use the original Japanese theme songs, "Toot Toot Sonic Warrior" and "Cosmic Eternity - Believe in Yourself." It was my first real exposure to Sonic CD...and I didn't realize there was a separate US soundtrack until I played it many years later ):

Final thing: The games themselves are somewhat different. They have three modes: Original, Normal, and Easy. Original contains each game's original layouts. Normal created altered layouts (basically remixes of the original) for each game. Easy went furthest, making acts a lot easier and actually skipping a bunch of acts that were deemed "too hard." I would not spend time on these new makes, though.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

I was of course always aware of this in the back of my mind, but something about that Sonic timeline recap sort of sparked the realization that...holy shit, at the time Sonic Jam was released Sonic had only really been around for 6 years and they'd already released so many games.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Sonic is like Hotel California. You can never leave.

Jam and Christmas NiGHTS were the closest thing to 3D Sonic before Sonic Adventure. Think about that.

Also the Sonic the Hedgehog above the Sonic the Animation was the OVA trailer. Good OVA.
Image Image
Cloaytonem2

Post by Cloaytonem2 »

I appreciate the brief viewing of one of my favorite Classic Sonic arts: Sonic Locks Tails Out In The Snow And Enjoys Champagne

Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

this game has all the forbidden fun sonic facts heavy sigh does NOT want you to know!!!
Grounder wrote: 4 years ago The animation rao skipped over isn't actually the OVA, it's an animation that as far as I can tell, was made specifically for Jam.

Note: This was never continued, so we can safely assume Sonic's reputation in that city was destroyed for good.
i can think of no two tracks that fit together better than the william tell overture and metallic madness present (JP)
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Arctangent wrote: 4 years ago holy shit do i feel nostalgic for those midi- and wav-filled tgf and mmf sonic fan games
Search up ScaleyFoxy on Youtube if you want to waste the day on nostalgia
First name: Violet

Post by 10204307 »

Matt is me wrote: 4 years ago Child me was always so confused by Livin in the City, because child me was sure the lyrics said "where everything is green, can't you see", and cities are not known for being green.
I have always, always heard it as "where everything is real fantasy," which is honestly better than the actual lyric.
Grounder

Re: All The S@nics - Sonic Jam - 3, 2, 1, Let's Jam & Knuckles!!

Post by Grounder »

I can't believe we have our first genuine All the S@nics episode after all this time.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
VGjoe

Post by VGjoe »

Sonic World - 3
Mission 1 - 42
Mission 1 take 2 - 20
Exploring Sonic World again - 51
Mission 2 - 28
Mission 3, then giving up midway - 55

Green Hill 1 remix - INCOMPLETE
20 Rings reprise - 21
3 Red Points reprise - 5
50 rings: this time for real - 50
Touch Miles - 3
5 Blue Points - 35
7 Secret Cards - 77
7 Secret Cards take 2 - 64
7 Secret Cards take 3 - 22
3 Balloons - 43
3 Balloons take 2 - 15
3 Balloons take 3 - 18
100 Rings - 100
100 Rings take 2 - 100

Total Rings collected in Sonic Jam (for real this time!) : 752
Also:
Reecer7 wrote: 4 years ago i can think of no two tracks that fit together better than the william tell overture and metallic madness present (JP)
I'll have you know that classical piece is "In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg, thank you very much :P
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

VGjoe wrote: 4 years ago I'll have you know that classical piece is "In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg, thank you very much :P
let the record know that i was talking about the bit in the beginning, i kind of didn't notice it transitioned to in the hall of the mountain king, except that isn't the william tell overture either, it's... i am terrible at remembering classical music titles, but wto also has a bit of an iconic calm part and i assume all iconic calm parts in classical music are the same, aaaaaaaaaa
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

So some person wanted raocow to do the peppermint challenge runaround instead of checking the art for stuff. Like enemy gallery he missed previously, which then he still missed?

"Oh that's super rad!" Leaves, re-enters, leaves, and immediately forgets that it exists.

Priorities.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Asking raocow to 100% the Sonic World Missions is probably too much. They do get kinda hard.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Zummorr wrote: 4 years ago So some person wanted raocow to do the peppermint challenge runaround instead of checking the art for stuff. Like enemy gallery he missed previously, which then he still missed?

"Oh that's super rad!" Leaves, re-enters, leaves, and immediately forgets that it exists.

Priorities.
look. raocow is canonically a himbo
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

KobaBeach wrote: 4 years agolook. raocow is canonically a himbo
sonicsayspinball.jpg
sonicsayspinball.jpg (44.69 KiB) Viewed 3413 times
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage