(shouting)

The Mosts Discussion Topic

They're here! They're back! I don't know what to put here. The Mosts exist, so let's do this!
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: The Mosts Discussion Topic

Post by AmeijinMayo »

Very cool, I like 'em! I remember seeing one with a pattern of sorts, but the might have been an image based one.
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

What's with all the decade threads
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Lots of people erroneously believe the decade ends with this year and not with next year.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

jan 1st, 2020 starts the next decade
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SirChasm
Just here for the music guessing contests.

Post by SirChasm »

"What's your favorite year from the 1920s?"

"Oh, my favorite is 1930."
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

One can refer to "the 1920s" as 1920-1929 and still understand that, given a starting-point first year of 1 AD, the current decade is 2011-2020.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago One can refer to "the 1920s" as 1920-1929 and still understand that, given a starting-point first year of 1 AD, the current decade is 2011-2020.
*2010-2019
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Momizi wrote: 4 years ago
Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago One can refer to "the 1920s" as 1920-1929 and still understand that, given a starting-point first year of 1 AD, the current decade is 2011-2020.
bark bark woof woof bark bark bark
I can't wait for Okami either

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

A decade is 10 years, the first decade cannot have had 9 years in it arbitrarily. This should not be hard for y'all to understand
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago A decade is 10 years, the first decade cannot have had 9 years in it arbitrarily. This should not be hard for y'all to understand
I too remember 0 AD nyoro~n
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

For posterity:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_zero
Year zero does not exist in the Anno Domini (AD) system commonly used to number years in the Gregorian calendar and in its predecessor, the Julian calendar. In this system, the year 1 BC is followed by AD 1.
First AD decade was 1-10 AD, then 11-20 AD, etc. etc. etc. eventually leading to the current decade of 2011-2020. q e d ripples of 495 years THERE'S YOUR 2HU REFERENCE KOBA
Leet wrote: 4 years ago A decade is 10 years, the first decade cannot have had 9 years in it arbitrarily. This should not be hard for y'all to understand
Life is tough when there are eight days in a week

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

Inaba wrote: 4 years ago
Momizi wrote: 4 years ago
Inaba wrote: 4 years ago One can refer to "the 1920s" as 1920-1929 and still understand that, given a starting-point first year of 1 AD, the current decade is 2010-2019.
bark bark woof woof bark bark bark
I can't wait for Okami either
I'm more looking forward to A Hat in Time myself :pal:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet

Post by Leet »

I looked at wikipedia's "List of decades" page on the matter and it does __10-__19, but has a footnote that the AD 0s, a time period on their list of decades, is "not a decade".
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

(for the record I’m down for either changing the name of the year span thread or not having a userbar for it as long as the vote is tallied. I’m just curious how many folks stand on each side of the matter and it seemed like a more fun way of polling than an actual forum poll)
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

for any decade categories that get a userbar, i plan to just write * of the Decade and not having a range of years
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

rena wrote: 4 years ago cant wait until 2021 so people can stop telling me i'm wrong because it's 1-indexed
That's what you get for not putting me in the Patchouli usergroup when I applied for it like eight months ago

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
rena
type 2 invested entity
First name: cat
Pronouns: spider
https://rena.talkhaus.com/

Post by rena »

Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago
rena wrote: 4 years ago cant wait until 2021 so people can stop telling me i'm wrong because it's 1-indexed
That's what you get for not putting me in the Patchouli usergroup when I applied for it like eight months ago
ill do it if you convert
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

saying the decade started in 2011 is like saying the millennium started in 2001 >:c

It's the one ending in 0 >:c
Leet

Post by Leet »

SirChasm
Just here for the music guessing contests.

Post by SirChasm »

Considering The Silver Case also makes a very big deal about the jump from 1999 to 2000, I'd say that the remarks of Sumio can be ignored.
Leet

Post by Leet »

Because you know The Silver Case I'm joining your side now
Griflion
I'm gonna chomp ya!

Post by Griflion »

2010-2019 is the most accurate decade year span for the current year 2019, since any period of ten years is a decade.

Although the 202nd decade is from 2011 to 2020.The common notation of decades do not represent the actually ordinal decades, eg. the 1990s are neither the 199th decade nor the 200th decade, but their years are mostly in the 200th decade.

Interestingly enough, as Leet already mentioned, the 0s weren't a decade. So the common notation of decades (X0s) isn't necessarily a decade.
Basically there are two ways to define decades, either when they start/end (eg. trough their shared tens digit, like the 90s), or trough counting them (trough their actual ordinal indicator).

In our case, the only possible century we can use this year is 2010-2019, which also means we could have used 2009-2018 last year, or 2011-2020 next year.
It's actually silly to discuss which system is the real decade, because both of them are factually a decade. In general, we just have to decide if we prefer the nominal system 2010s (2010-2019), or the ordinal system 202nd decade (2011-2020) for the Mosts.
Imo the typical talkhaus behavior would be use both, so that we can use another most decade next year. (You already know that somebody is gonna make another decade most next year, don't you)

Interestingly enough, for years the nominal and ordinal notation are the same.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

rena wrote: 4 years ago
Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago
ill do it if you convert
hrgh this is a legitimately difficult decision

I need more time to think :(
Griflion wrote: 4 years ago Imo the typical talkhaus behavior would be use both, so that we can use another most decade next year. (You already know that somebody is gonna make another decade most next year, don't you)
shh don't give the joke away so early

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

you know what calling it most accurate was a mistake, I'm changing it to just best
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)