(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

11clock

Re: request grab-bag

Post by 11clock »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago I'm amused we can agree that BattleBlock Theater is one of the worst 2D platformers of all time if nothing else

But it gets a free pass from the rabble because "it's funny" (it isn't at all)

Also I worry impossible lair will have a Pantheon of Hollownest problem because the last level is like, 20-25 minutes even if you play it perfectly apparently

Each failed attempt is a big timesink that's not really sustainable for an LP format
That is true, but given raocow’s godliness at platforming I am sure that he could handle it. I doubt that we would have a MariAri or Hollow Knight scenario on our hands.

Edit: Biggest thing to keep in mind with the Impossible Lair is to pace yourself and take it slow. The Lair never rushes you and lets you take your time (until the final section). In fact I think it heavily punishes you for trying to rush it.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

I don't doubt that raocow could do it, and it's way easier than the pantheon for sure, but it still runs into the issue of trying to fit a huge marathon level into an LP format
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: request grab-box

Post by Awoo »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago obvious solution is to have raocow play it and see which of you he agrees with (loser buys pizza)
11clock wrote: 4 years ago
Then again, Crash 1 is my favorite of the original Crash trilogy and that is filled with what you described so take that what you will.
wow

woah!

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Will this be the Mario 64 hack that was to be determined?
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

I have a special request

This is my humble beginnings, a finished-unfinished ROMhack simply named "Nancy", for lack of an actual title. It has 6 short levels and could very easily all fit into a one shot.

Here's the warning label: while I still can look back at it and say it has some interesting ideas, it's also overall very mellow -- or more bluntly said, kinda boring (which is why I scrapped it)

it also handles the lives system in a different way, so I'd request a first death on purpose to demo that

I want this game to be shown 'cause I think it'd make a lot of people a lot less intimidated to try and get into the ROMhacking scene, seeing an author's journey going from making something like this to some actual better works later down the line.

anyways, yeah
video games
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

xfix posted this in the spotzone; x-posting it here so no one forgets just in case https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCjJShXPHtg
11clock

Post by 11clock »

I would like to suggest Wandersong. This is a very chill story oriented platformer focused on memorable funny moments. It also isn't very dialogue heavy (unless you want to talk to literally every NPC). raocow tends to play very hard games, so I think that this game would be a nice supplement to one as a stress reliever. And I think that he would get a kick out of the game's sense of humor.
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

ummnsoo⁙⁝⁙maybe a suggestion maybe⁇ (。⚈﹏⚈。) i ran into the 'coming up next' page and saw the Super ❝Mario❞ World 2 thing listed, thinking ⟪hmm i wonder what that is⟫ so i looked it up〜and seems that there are like two with similar·ishes names⚟ theres the quotes one and then there is this one without the quotes and called ⟪New Super Mario World 2⟫ from what ive seen it looks really neato! it seems to be like inspired by the newer games i think—and it just looks really like polished and stuff soo there*₊˚ enjoy if you wanna⚟

ImageImage
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol
Pronouns: she/her

Post by idol »

considering new super mario world 2 got rejected from the smw hack section for having numerous crashes and softlocks, along with the original hack moderator giving up on moderating it because they got so frustrated at the level design, i don't think it'd be a very good hack to play. it's 16 worlds long and the author even disavowed the hack for a while because they didnt like it.
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

(..꒪〜꒪..) well⚊ uhh thats unfortunate ⌤
ImageImage
wyldstrykr

Post by wyldstrykr »

How about tobari and the night of curious moon?? no???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw_I6dTvF78
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

it has been a while since I had desunoya in my life
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

That seems to be a Tobari sequel version of AMaPaNi
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

wyldstrykr wrote: 4 years ago How about tobari and the night of curious moon?? no???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw_I6dTvF78
Not entirely sure what trailer you've lined, but Tobari is on steam
https://store.steampowered.com/app/3681 ... ious_Moon/
raocow wrote:it has been a while since I had desunoya in my life
fyi raocow you already own it. No excuses.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

when is the big fish legend replay/redo gonna happen? i think it's been long enough, it's time
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

...Wait, why would a redo be necessary again?
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

it isnt
CanUBe
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by CanUBe »

Garfield Labyrinth (1993)

A puzzle platformer in the vein of the Wario Land series where you play as Garfield. Was marketed as a Ghostbusters / Mickey Mouse game in North America and Japan respectively, with slight graphic changes. Obviously the Garfield version is superior.
so i have the means to do a secret message thing here but i don't know what to write. how about... uh. im stuck
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

CanUBe wrote: 4 years ago Garfield Labyrinth (1993)

A puzzle platformer in the vein of the Wario Land series where you play as Garfield. Was marketed as a Ghostbusters / Mickey Mouse game in North America and Japan respectively, with slight graphic changes. Obviously the Garfield version is superior.
This but play a different regional version every single day and act like absolutely nothing has changed
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 4 years ago
CanUBe wrote: 4 years ago Garfield Labyrinth (1993)

This but play a different regional version every single day and act like absolutely nothing has changed
this is, without exaggeration, the best idea in this entire thread
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
kurt91

Post by kurt91 »

I don't suppose anybody's mentioned "Sonic Boll" yet? It's along the same lines as "Super Mario Crossover", where you play as a variety of characters and try to complete SMB1 with them. The differences are that most of the characters here are already platformer-focused for the most part, it's actually a downloadable game instead of flash, it includes a level editor that you can use to make full game-sized level packs, it has a 3D Special Stage that plays like Super Monkey Ball (Which can also have levels built for it in said level editor), and it has a couple of hidden characters that you can unlock. There's also a variety of skins for each character, so if raocow wanted to play around with videos a bit and make each video a different character skin or just flat-out play as a different character for each video, he can do that. The game even lets you pick what level you start at, so doing something like that would be incredibly easy.

They're also starting a level design contest right now where the winner can choose a new Easter Egg or Skin for the game. (I'm not sure if they mean character skin or level/world skin) The level editor is really easy to use, and there's a tutorial on how to use it on GameBanana. Considering how popular things like MaGL and all of the Demo games are around here, I figure it would be pretty fun to do their contest, and we could even bundle up all of our entries together into a level pack for raocow.

Oh yeah, game link is here.
https://sonicminusworld.wordpress.com/
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

Shovel Knight: King of Cards just came out yesterday. i dunno if raocow had plans for it set or anything, but i thought i'd mention here, if only because its release blindsided me!
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

I believe it's on his bucket list?
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir