(shouting)

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - U R Not Red E

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - U R Not Red E

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Coryman »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsNb575pgGI
Pretty certain this is spoiler free. Either way, it's art. Couldn't stop thinking of this watching the start of the video
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

oh so we re-using this thread? I guess it makes sense considering it says trilogy like RIGHT THERE
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

It's nice, it saved me the few seconds of having to click subscribe again. :P
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

"are you their, crash?" - coco revealing that crash is canonically nonbinary

there were more game overs in this episode than the entirety of crash 1
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - Ur, Dagoth Ur.

Post by Awoo »

So, when can/do you play as Coco?
Also, is there a "hidden" :demo: of a Spyro/other game on this like Crash 3 or CTR? I never played Crash 2, so I don't know! :catplanet:
Last edited by Awoo 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

so yeah tawna pretty much disappears from the franchise for a long time at this point aside from a handful of references. she reappears in crash boom bang, though, and activision saw fit to put her in the racing game remake
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I'm surprised at how much you learn about how this game works and changes from the first game in this first level, in this first video. It felt as if the level was intentionally designed this way, and it did look that way in one aspect: where you needed to slide-jump to continue through the side path. It seemed that the game is forcing you to figure out that move early on in the game.

I would consider this the most LP-friendly of the three games -

no relics

and you can use checkpoints when aiming to break all the boxes.
Awoo wrote: 4 years ago So, when can/do you play as Coco?

Also, is there a "hidden" demo of a Spyro/other game on this like Crash 3 or CTR? I never played Crash 2, so I don't know! :catplanet:

Coco is playable in the third game for some of the levels. Unless you're playing the N. Sane remakes where she's largely available in all three.

I don't know if Crash 2 had a demo but I don't think it included Spyro, since I know Crash 3 had a demo of Spyro 1. They came out about the same time.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I really enjoy Crash 2. I think it's the best of them since it just takes what worked in the first game, made it better, and then added some cool stuff on top of it. Even just the moves with the whole slide jump and belly flop deal give you way more options to traverse through these levels. Plus, broken boxes saving at checkpoints now makes things so much more manageable for getting gems.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

FourteenthOrder wrote: 4 years agoIt's nice, it saved me the few seconds of having to click subscribe again. :P
Saved me the trouble of realizing in several days that I've forgotten to go find the new thread and subscribe to it.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

maybe just make the analog stick less sensitive?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

this is very clever. i will now use this tactic to make myself the op of every single raocow lp thread for the forseeable future by making a thread called The Games raocow Is Playing, As Well As Those Which He Plans to Play

why is crash just doing the bidding of the evil man he just assumedly killed? he didn't even ask nicely
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Reecer7 wrote: 4 years ago why is crash just doing the bidding of the evil man he just assumedly killed? he didn't even ask nicely
I mean, he's kind of stuck in a teleporter maze network with nothing but the hologram emitter and random hostile critters for company. It just makes sense to play along for now, whether Crash believes him or not - and Crash may be smart for a bandicoot, but he's still somewhat short on intellect.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - U R WOAH

Post by Awoo »

I prefer this intro the first time you see Cortex as Crash:

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet

Post by Leet »

Reecer7 wrote: 4 years ago why is crash just doing the bidding of the evil man he just assumedly killed? he didn't even ask nicely
they're working together to beat n brio. however, crash is also working together with n brio to beat cortex. crash "revolver" bandicoot is a double agent
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I like that the crouch button allows Crash to stay still crouching, crawl, and slide. In some other games you don't get all of those - like in Megaman games, you can slide or dash which makes you duck during the move, but you generally don't have a way to just stay crouched. Crash feels more flexible with the ducking in that he can remain in place as well as move.
Leet wrote: 4 years ago
they're working together to beat n brio. however, crash is also working together with n brio to beat cortex. crash "revolver" bandicoot is a double agent
I thought Crash was working together with Coco to beat the lack of laptop power
Leet

Post by Leet »

Okay yeah scratch that, Crash isn't actually helping Cortex at all he's just looking for those batteries. In fact he totally zones out whenever Cortex is talking and doesn't know shit about the crystals or n brio
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the boxes you get from bonus areas save when you clear them, so you don't have to redo the level if you die after beating one. They don't let you back in because there'd be no point.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago crash "revolver" bandicoot is a double agent
you know kojima would name someone crash bandicoot without even the slightest doubt in his mind.
ImageImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago like in Megaman games, you can slide or dash which makes you duck during the move, but you generally don't have a way to just stay crouched.
what was that megamna fangame where you could crouch but you looked like Image when you did it
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago Image
I have contained the cursed entity within a quotebox

god save us all if it ever escapes
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

I find it odd that even as late as the remakes they never added a button to flip the camera.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago I find it odd that even as late as the remakes they never added a button to flip the camera.
This is what happens with camera control

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago
Grounder wrote: 4 years ago I find it odd that even as late as the remakes they never added a button to flip the camera.
This is what happens with camera control

I don't mean full control like this, just an option to make it so it's facing the opposite way as it is normally, to make backtracking less of a memorization and guessing game.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage