(shouting)

raocow LP Thread Link Megalist - UPDATED Mar 3 2024

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Bean
Yep.

Re: raocow |OT| samwell "ronco" early LP Thread Index

Post by Bean »

So, uh, I have a question. Should we be backing up the backed up videos at this point? One of the reasons I'm asking this now is that the RaocowGV channel is one where I've kind of lost access to the account now thanks to the email address itself being obsolete. There are over 400 early episodes on that channel, and it would kind of blow for them to go the way of the dodo because of the upcoming changes to YT here.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: raocow |OT| samwell "ronco" tarly LP Thread Index

Post by raocow »

you can never have enough back-ups, though this would be a lot of work
for what it's worth, from what I've heard from different sources is that gaming stuff shouldn't be affected by the latest youtube thing, but yeah, being careful is better than not
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I guess I'm going to ask if someone else can back those up then because I can't answer their required question of who the channel's for, so I just don't want them getting auto-flagged and then deleted.
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

ahh〜soo ive done it! 417 videos downloaded, its like 10GB all said and done⚟ ive no clues where or how i should put these to keep them safe⚊but i am totally willing to just like hold on to them.. or like put them on a google drive as a zip file or somethings🎔 any ideas peeps⁇

edits! if there is any particular series of raos that people really really want archived▸▸ in the event of anything ever.. let me know with like a link to the playlist ⟪so long as its not like 100+ episodes or all super duper HD⟫ i could probably get it for you♡* ͙܍
ImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: raocow |OT| samwell "ronco" tarly LP Thread Indexing the things

Post by Awoo »

Peliptia wrote: 4 years ago ahh〜soo ive done it! 417 videos downloaded, its like 10GB all said and done⚟ ive no clues where or how i should put these to keep them safe⚊but i am totally willing to just like hold on to them.. or like put them on a google drive as a zip file or somethings🎔 any ideas peeps⁇

edits! if there is any particular series of raos that people really really want archived▸▸ in the event of anything ever.. let me know with like a link to the playlist ⟪so long as its not like 100+ episodes or all super duper HD⟫ i could probably get it for you♡* ͙܍
Peliptia, you're the best! I think mega.nz might be an option but I haven't ever used them myself.

I'd love to have an archive of rao's videos but I don't have a good enough computer setup or the technical knowledge to get anything close to that :ehh:

Keep being awesome :pal:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

archive docfuture's sonic 1 easy mode too pls (pray emoji)

emoji are too big so i can't post them

i was worried i'd missed a thread but i'm glad it's just archival troubles
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Peliptia wrote: 4 years ago ahh〜soo ive done it! 417 videos downloaded, its like 10GB all said and done⚟ ive no clues where or how i should put these to keep them safe⚊but i am totally willing to just like hold on to them.. or like put them on a google drive as a zip file or somethings🎔 any ideas peeps⁇

archive.org will probably take them
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Peliptia

Post by Peliptia »

KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago archive docfuture's sonic 1 easy mode too pls (pray emoji)
if it is just one video-- like 20mins long, then ive got that✧゚ everything uploaded to the ⟪raocowGV⟫ channel is downloaded ´-・ᴗ・-`

so im in the process with uploading it to mega, hopefully thats okay with everyone⚟ i dont know if it will let me just give a link or something or however it works— but im hoping to get it out there so other peeps can do what they like, like submitting it to archive if they want∗ ͙ ⃰ i was gonna do google drive because i know that you can watch videos from the page without downloading anything, but〜thatd use up like 10 of the 15gb given to you by google soooo... hopefully someone can help me get them on archive so peeps could watch them there in the years to come˭̡̞#♡ ♡ (^▽^)
ImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Thank you very much! I'd say to hold on to them if you don't mind unless there's a storage problem. If need be, I can always download a .zip file like that off of a Google Drive and create a new channel down the road if the current one does get deleted for whatever reason. For now, they're still up, so we don't need to do anything other than have them saved.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Peliptia wrote: 4 years ago
KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago archive docfuture's sonic 1 easy mode too pls (pray emoji)
if it is just one video-- like 20mins long, then ive got that✧゚ everything uploaded to the ⟪raocowGV⟫ channel is downloaded ´-・ᴗ・-`
bless u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image Image
Peliptia

Post by Peliptia »

aahhgosh⁛⁝⁙ finally the files uploaded〜that took a long time.. so heres the link just in case it is needed∗ ͙ ⃰ fingers crossed that it isnt (^▽^)
ImageImage
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

If 417 videos comes out to about 10 GB then I imagine 800 GB is enough space for all of the ASMT LPs, so I can handle those if need be. It'll probably take a while, though, I don't think the software I use can batch download entire 50+ vid playlists at once.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

If space is an issue for people, just upload them to archive.org, they'll take them. there are already LPs there, including raocow's vip1 lp.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Petzi

Post by Petzi »

Google Drive has space limitations, but Google Photos gives you unlimited space ;)

Also, other video hosts like vimeo?

PS: I don't know what kind of tool you guys use to download youtube videos, but I discovered this recently and it's SWEET: https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl
(it works with other hosts, not just youtube)
Oui oui. Je suis très jambon.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

FFS ROCKY STOP FORGETTING TO PUBLISH YOUR POSTS

everything below was written last night so keep that in mind with any mentions of relative dates/timing. A2MT is just about done downloading, I just need to redo two videos that didn't get downloaded correctly.
-----------------------------------
I manually downloaded every ASMT video last night and then discussed potential better software with Peliptia in DM. Didn't actually get around to looking into it until [whatever time I started writing this post, I keep getting sidetracked], and when I did I found JDownloader 2.
http://jdownloader.org/jdownloader2

It can handle playlists and you can selectively download the full videos, just the audio, the thumbnails, subtitles, and/or descriptions. I've been fiddling with it for a bit, by default it gives every video its own package but I think I've got it set up to download all videos and descriptions in a playlist to a single package for that playlist. So now I've got both the vids and descriptions for ASMT backed up and Zombie A2MT's currently ~25% downloaded. Other's I'll be working on:

VIDEOS AND DESCRIPTIONS:
- ASMBXT
- A2XT Episode 1
- Superb Demo Sisters

JUST DESCRIPTIONS:
- Cat Planet (it's just two vids so I may just do those manually)
- Super Cat Planet (already had all videos backed up)

There's also this. I'll look into it tomorrow or Wednesday so I can possibly dump the comments too.
https://github.com/mattwright324/youtube-comment-suite

And then I'll see about uploading the complete packages to archive.org as SAJ suggested. I've never put anything up on that site before so hopefully it's not too much of a process? Worst comes to worst I'll still have the local backups.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

links updated
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

absolutely. sorry i didnt update the thread as it was going. i just stopped caring about the lp lol
Image Image
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

So I guess it's worth noting that "Youtube_Archive" over on archive.org has backed up a sizable chunk of raocow's videos (starting from the beginning of raocow's Youtube uploads) here, last updated on March 2nd.

It's not exhaustive by any means, and kind of weirdly jumps from around halfway through Vanilla Contest 2010 to A Hat In Time and then just goes from there up to about 12 episodes into Crash 3 (which, checking dates, would've been the most recent episodes as of the time it was last updated), but it's something.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Updated with zVIP6, HL2 and VLDCX. Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

VLDCX is there twice
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

fixed 8-)

i saw waku waku 7 and thought i just didnt have it in there
Image Image
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

yo why does this begin at 2009 as if thats like a special year

EDIT: oh it's specifically talkhaus threads IM DOMB
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

present time hahahaha

im sick again and it's gonna take a while to heal (stomach infection)

i'd really rather someone else in the moderation team or a sort of "member+" upkeep this because i keep forgetting, keeping up with the threads when im barely keeping up with raocow just tires me and takes the fun away from watching raocow at all and honestly i dont want to keep up this thread anymore, it's not fun.

don't update the thread titles as they get updated or if you do, code a bot to get the thread titles instead of doing it by hand because fu*ck

lasted over a year. that's good enough.

i'll just stay in the cartridgé's what are you playing thread for the rest of my life

Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I don't think the thread titles are necessary; just a link and what the thread is for would be enough.