(shouting)

What are some guilty pleasure games you have?????

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: What are some guilty pleasure games you have?????

Post by Ashan »

That's like when that SM64 hack made raocow's tooth fall out

konaa
ultimate poser

Post by konaa »

I don't know if I'd call myself a fan, but I basically will enjoy whatever 3d platformer I can find even if it's broken as hell. Specifically I'm thinking about the platforming levels from Nights Journey of Dreams (the wii one). I also love the hobbit game from 2003 (check it out, it's like zelda but you can jump). I also have played this janky ass mario 64 clone for xbox 360 called Plucky's 3D Adventure MANY times over (it's made by the guy who would go on to make the bleed games!)

A lot of people have said sonic 06 and I kinda feel like it's the same thing. Sometimes there's this neat sense of discovery when a game is half-baked enough.
Ashan wrote: 5 years ago Sonic 06 gets unfairly ridiculed. When you compare it to the rest of the series, it's equally as terrible as every other Sonic game
I have been saying for YEARS now that sonic 06 is whatever and sonic heros is the game that truly deserves being treated like trash
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Sonic Heroes and 06 both deserve to be treated like trash.

Shadow deserves better for being literally the first 3D sonic game with only one core gameplay style, the thing everyone had been asking for for like 5 years, even if it doesn't have great level design & some of the missions are dumb & replaying the game 10 times is inane, the gameplay is still generally fun?
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Donkey Kong Country 3
Metroid Other M
Super Marisa World
Fate Grand Order

Bask in the radioactive glow of my nuclear shit taste.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

god super marisa world is shit

i wont shit on you for liking it because i'm evil enough to think vip2 is good
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I maintain to this day that Super Marisa World is actually very cleverly designed.

Speaking of stupid-hard anime games that are actually very clever in their design, add Rabi-Ribi to my list since I'm playing it again and forgot how much I enjoyed it.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago Donkey Kong Country 3
Metroid Other M
Super Marisa World
Fate Grand Order

Bask in the radioactive glow of my nuclear shit taste.
Man, putting DKC3 on a guilty pleasure list feels so wrong. At worst, it's a solid game that isn't DKC2... even though I like it more than DKC2. Now DK64? Yeah, that would belong on that list!
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

There's a point and click game called McPixel from a while ago that I came across by accident. I'm not sure if I would call it a bad game, but it has a certain degree of "what the actual fuck?" that not many people would appreciate.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Chaotix.

nyoro~n
iosh
average average dude

Post by iosh »

I guess mine would be Digimon World: it's not really bad, but there's so much kinda obscure stuff that I never managed to finish it, yet always come back to it.

Other than that would be Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis, a DS shovelware game based on a kinda "eh" French comedy : it's really, really bad, as one would expect, but not in a "so bad it's good" way, more of a "oh wow that's bad I can't believe this actually exists hahaha" way; as such I sometimes end up replaying it for 5 minutes or so.

There's much more, but those are the ones that stand out the most, I think.
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by AmeijinMayo »

It had only lasted for about 4 years, after being released in 2015. It was a free to play, team based game with some awkward management but had a fairly active player base during it's run. The game Gundam Battle Operations Next and it was a messy game that I liked. With a primitive home menu and invite screen to play with friends, it had a lot of problems. For starters, the balancing between suits to play was poorly optimized, so some suits could compete with others while other would not have the priority or move set to keep up with most suits. I had said it was free to play, but it went by an energy system, in which you could play about 3 matches every 12 hours. The game had event suits that would drop every other week, so if you played the ranked mode, you could get that new suit. However, you had to practically win every single match you played to meet the point criteria to get the suit. The means of getting old event suits was a bit impractical, since the devs set up as a daily changing shop would have blueprints to develop the old event suit, but would require you to complete weekly missions to get this specified currency to get the blueprints. By the time the game was nearing it's last month before server shutdown, the devs had made it so all suits blueprints would be randomly available in the rewards after you've played a match, which was a nice gesture?

I'll admit that it sounds like I'm complaining about the game, but even with all this nonsense going on, there was still a lot of fun to be had with it. With having a 6 vs 6 team battle match system, the variety of teams was great. Working with other player to defeat an enemy team's suit or capping a checkpoint was thrilling, depending on the situation. I've got a decent few memories and moments of bombastic matches. GBON was also a game where I met a some Japanese players and became friends with through playing alongside them. This wasn't a very well polished game, but, even among the mess and problems it had, a lot of fun was had at the right moments.
:rao:
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

the concept of "guilty pleasure" is lame, enjoy what you enjoy and fuck all who say otherwise

anyway, Sonic Heroes is not a good game but I don't care, I'll play it to the last. Sonic Riders is also rad. breaking away from sonic, Nicktoons Unite is a garbage-tier beat-em-up that i like for no particular reason other than nostalgia and making danny phantom scream in agony at the press of a button
KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago Chihiro Fujioka
chihiro fujisaki made a video game????? truly the ultimate programmer
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes