(shouting)

Iconoclasts - I can't believe it. Humans are so flaky. I knew I should have asked the tengu about this instead.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: Iconoclasts - You're such an idiot. How can a magician be so ignorant?

Post by Crow »

my understanding is that the unnatural sand like that creates enough of a physical layer between the ivory-filled ground that they can't pull it out of the earth. and anyways, who's to say pulling out ivory from the ground like that doesn't pull all the rest towards him, if even just a little bit?

it's not something that's really explained either way and royal is, uhh, royally screwed regardless so
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Iconoclasts - She's heeeeereー It's her, it's her!

Post by Voltgloss »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 4 years ago
strongbadman wrote: 4 years ago Well, Elro was right.
Elro has rarely ever been wrong as in logically wrong (he's done plenty morally wrong), he's just been an absolutely unreasonable asshole about it every time.

tirakai

Re: Iconoclasts - You're such an idiot. How can a magician be so ignorant?

Post by tirakai »

The other fun? thing about this scene is that the song playing during the escape is the same one as when you fought Black, the first time Robin had to kill someone. Now it plays when she has to do it again.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Iconoclasts - Okay. If you can get your hands on my target, I'll share some of it with you.

Post by Kilgamayan »

Collections, collections~

Fun Fact: I considered using "A lot of things happen in this kind of atmosphere" for the thread title for the previous video for the dark humor, but ultimately decided I didn't want to be that mean to Royal. <_<

Out of curiosity, do you intend to try to find more than one boss in tomorrow's video?
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Iconoclasts - Okay. If you can get your hands on my target, I'll share some of it with you.

Post by raocow »

with what people are saying I'm more or less expecting next video to be that boss and that boss only
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Yeah, that's probably for the best.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ignoritus
O◡O

Post by Ignoritus »

The boss you're about to fight is actually surprisingly easy for the buildup. The other one however... it's pretty reasonable to call it the hardest boss in the game.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Re: Iconoclasts - They say it's the ultimate, final energy.

Post by Kilgamayan »

Congrats on getting through Fitzroy reasonably well and still being cheerful at the end!

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Did you ever heard the tragedy of King Fitzroy the Eternal?
It's not a story the Concern would tell you.

It really is tragic, and I think indicative of basically everything of this planet- messing with forces they barely understand. The Isi at least see the Ivory only really as fuel, nothing mystical... but the Concern puts so much value into burning it into people for the sake of eternal life and really doesn't care what that does to the people involved or the planet itself. So much fanatical devotion to their theology... And it all started with Fitzroy
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Iconoclasts - We're wanted men, I have the death sentence on 12 systems.

Post by Awoo »

Nimono wrote: 4 years ago Did you ever heard the tragedy of King Fitzroy the Eternal?
It's not a story the Concern would tell you.

It really is tragic, and I think indicative of basically everything of this planet- messing with forces they barely understand. The Isi at least see the Ivory only really as fuel, nothing mystical... but the Concern puts so much value into burning it into people for the sake of eternal life and really doesn't care what that does to the people involved or the planet itself. So much fanatical devotion to their theology... And it all started with Fitzroy
Is it possible to learn this power?
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Hoo wow, where to begin with Fitzroy...

So, you can actually start the quest for his boss battle as soon as the Darland Ascent part of the Contraption is available, much like I had while cleaning up what I could with the Galvanized Wrench. However, he's not available to fight until the brief time between the OC West and City One arcs when free exploration is again available. (At least, I think that's the case; I never figured out where he was until that point, so he might've been available after Darland Ascent.) The thing about that, however, is that if you try to tackle him before the Midway incident Leti's flag won't show up at Glass Strait after her fairy tale's over, so it's easy to assume you have to wait until the last possible moment to finish that business.

For the battle itself, Fitzroy was not quite that hard for me (at least, not compared to the other bonus boss). Really, the two things that would be difficult would be 1) parsing everything flying everywhere at once (especially that hand he summons with the bubbling Ivory beneath Robin's feet) and 2) figuring out how to damage Memory-Leticia's face. That second point, though, is probably the weakness of the fight. For someone going in blind, they'd have a heck of a time trying various methods to no avail because there's no indication that they're using the wrong ammo. I watched NakaTeleeli's "Let's Try" of the game at the same time as raocow's LP, and Naka had that very issue the first time he fought the boss. Boy, did he vividly complain about that oversight. As for me, only because I spoiled myself on the strategy beforehand did I find it relatively easy. (I'll also admit I was playing on Standard Mode--I didn't feel I had the patience for Harder Mode.)

And of course there's the lore of it all. What follows is my interpretation of "The Ballad of Fitzroy and the Maiden":
The Ballad of Fitzroy and the Maiden as, by me, was wrote:As many people both here and on YouTube brought up, Fitzroy may have been the very first Father of the One Concern, or perhaps even a proto-Father if he's lived long enough to become a shambling, mindless entity. For that matter, he might've been one of the first discoverers of Ivory and its effects on humanity. Either way, he was most likely incredibly talented with how he could manipulate Ivory and guide his people to righteousness; it probably wouldn't be a stretch to say that he was what the One Concern was meant to be rather than what it became long after his disappearance. Then he fell in love with Leticia, who was likely of the Isi judging by her interest in their ways and her mention of "the ancestors." This to me suggested that the Tri and the Isi were once on friendly terms before theological differences and the Ivory crisis drove them apart. It would explain why both OC and the Isi have ancestral vessels--they were on the same mission to colonize a new planet after something happened to make Earth unfeasible to live upon. But I digress...

Not wanting to outlive Leti like he did his previous love (and the memory thereof), Fitzroy arranged to have her Transcend so that they could be together forever. Unfortunately, her constitution was only strong enough for her not to melt into white sludge--she essentially became a proto-Agent, with the sacrificial organs being her skin and/or a good chunk of her facial muscles. Because this happened before the time prosthetics could be developed to compensate for lost organs, she became a permanent resident of the Uncanny Valley rather than a Mendeleev-like siren. Needless to say seeing this would have traumatized many people, even Mediums like Fitzroy. In an attempt to forget he ever allowed such a tragic atrocity to occur, he abandoned his people and became a shut-in somewhere within what would eventually become the Glass Strait. Except, either because Leti's new face scarred him that deeply or he never tried to have newer experiences overwrite the old like he used to, he was still haunted by his mistake. Even after his other memories were all gone. Even after he lost the ability to talk. Even after he was reduced to stumbling around in liquid Ivory, fighting off anyone who intruded on his solitary territory. All he had were his powers and that one nightmare of a memory.

Naturally, Leti felt horrible for what the aftermath of her Transcendence did to Fitzroy's psyche. Ever since then, she wandered the ever-shifting world, looking for people to tell stories to so that her mind would not decay so quickly. Many would figure out that her favorite story was based on true events, and a few would get the hint to find her lover and put him out of his misery, but none would succeed. Soldiers, refugees, Isi, or even freshly-Transcended Agents, they would all fall trying to put an end to this tale. Only when the Ivory was close to running out did she encounter a young mechanic girl with a peculiar hairstyle--one who was feeling either betrayed by her white-haired ally or bereaved by the necessity of leaving him behind for her own sake--and told her tale for the last time.

And so Robin nearly drowned herself just to put a long-suffering immortal to rest. (Oh, and along the way she
got the schematic for a tweak

that would mess with her head. Seriously, the only "good" thing about that tweak is that breaking it doesn't negate its effects, but otherwise...GOOD. GRIEF.)

Crow

Re: Iconoclasts - Stop fighting and preaching and getting people riled up just to get what you want.

Post by Crow »

Updated Gravezone

Polro (Pre-Game) (???)
Agent Grey (Pre-Game) (Juice)
Mrs. Anders (Pre-Game) (Penance)
Henetta (Penance)
Ella (Penance)
Agent White (Seeds)
Gerrie (Fell)
The Silver Watchman (Drowned)
Mother (Seeds)
Father (Shot?)
Chrome (Juice)
Lawrence (Stabbed)
Black ( :( )
Royal (Eventually)
Leticia (Suicide)
Fitzroy (Leticia'd)

feel good *beat drops*
also were all the pupils named if so do i have to include them here i don't really remember
Nimono

Re: Iconoclasts - Stop fighting and preaching and getting people riled up just to get what you want.

Post by Nimono »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago Fitzroy (Leticia'd)
The way you listed this amuses me :D

What DOES that schematic do? I forgot...
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago also were all the pupils named if so do i have to include them here i don't really remember
I think only "Jala" was mentioned as a pupil's name, so there's that. (And also Gerrie, but he was already dead before that.)

Also, I neglected to mention this previously but that boss had such an epic music track. It really sold the fight as a desperate means to put an end to the tragedy that is Fitzroy's unending life. I think it also remixed the regular Glass Strait theme well enough to add to the energy of the battle while contrasting it with the chill of the normal area. A very powerful tune, overall.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Joseph Staleknight wrote: 4 years ago For the battle itself, Fitzroy was not quite that hard for me (at least, not compared to the other bonus boss). Really, the two things that would be difficult would be 1) parsing everything flying everywhere at once (especially that hand he summons with the bubbling Ivory beneath Robin's feet) and 2) figuring out how to damage Memory-Leticia's face. That second point, though, is probably the weakness of the fight. For someone going in blind, they'd have a heck of a time trying various methods to no avail because there's no indication that they're using the wrong ammo. I watched NakaTeleeli's "Let's Try" of the game at the same time as raocow's LP, and Naka had that very issue the first time he fought the boss. Boy, did he vividly complain about that oversight. As for me, only because I spoiled myself on the strategy beforehand did I find it relatively easy. (I'll also admit I was playing on Standard Mode--I didn't feel I had the patience for Harder Mode.)
How is that an "oversight", and what do you mean with "no indication"? The game shows with the X symbols and the healthbar not depleting that you're literally dealing no damage. You have to try something else, therefore. How is "use a different gun" an impossible puzzle?

Even discounting the fact that stone needs explosions, while face does not (that makes sense), why wouldn't you just try all your verbs on the boss until something does damage? I was even surprised by raocow not just trying the normal bombs at some point, but we all know that if he finds one strategy that works, that will be the one he uses. It might be slower but way safer to use missiles anyway.

Point is, the game has taught you throughout that the hamburger and the missile have the same properties - can conduct electricity, shatter the same type of rock...there's no reason it shouldn't work the same on the boss (and it does).
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

The pupils probably have/had names but we never learned what they are.

I think Jala was one of Myron's helpers.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ignoritus
O◡O

Post by Ignoritus »

Hey raocow, give Roulette an equip and play around with it for a few minutes.

;)
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

man, judging by the video description, people really have zero faith in rao, huh,
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Crow

Post by Crow »

The video description was just sebby specifically lol
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

I mean, he hasn't done an lp of touhou 10, so I don't blame anyone Image
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago The video description was just sebby specifically lol
i can't trust that this is a joke and not what's actually going on
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Crow

Post by Crow »

It isn't a joke. Sebby posted on discord what he sent raocow and it specifically included that warning in bold text :P

I don't know why anyone doubts raocow's boss fighting abilities in a post rabi-ribi world.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago It isn't a joke. Sebby posted on discord what he sent raocow and it specifically included that warning in bold text :P

I don't know why anyone doubts raocow's boss fighting abilities in a post rabi-ribi world.
Probably same reason people still yell at the Yogscast not playing games PERFECTLY- because they expect to see it played how they'd play it

And with raocow, they also wanna see happycow instead of lots of "PERISHED"
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Nimono wrote: 4 years ago And with raocow, they also wanna see happycow instead of lots of "PERISHED"
boo at this notion, I want the whole gamut of moodcows, reflective of the experience!
Grounder

Re: Iconoclasts - I didn't think humans were that strong.

Post by Grounder »

no iconoclasts today
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage