(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Re: All The S@nics & Knockles - 3&K - Angel

Post by Blivsey »

So here's another dumb fact:

Later lore tries to claim that Knuckles's adventure takes place at the same time as Sonic's. This is really obviously not true, since Sonic is MIA when you're playing as Knuckles, but a better clue is the first zone itself! In the first half of Angel Island Act 1, if you climb to a higher portion of the level, you can see over the foliage. In Sonic's run, you can see the ocean because the island's floating on the water. As Knuckles, it's nothing but clouds and open sky, because at the end of Sonic's story the island lifts back up using Master Emerald power.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

NastCF, KobaBeach: Achas que Knuckles é português? Tudo o vermelhos e verde...isso faz tu pensas...
:rao:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

thatguyif wrote: 4 years ago NastCF, KobaBeach: Achas que Knuckles é português? Tudo o vermelhos e verde...isso faz tu pensas...
:rao:
o meu headcanon é que a angel island é simplesmente brasil após ganhar vôo

raocow wrote:an echidna's life is a lonely one
"Won't be frightened I'll stand up to all the pain and turmoil; Just believe in myself won't rely on others"
"My spike goes through boulders; That's why I stay a loner; I was born by myself; I don't need a posse, I get it on by myself; Adversaries get shelved"
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago So here's another dumb fact:

Later lore tries to claim that Knuckles's adventure takes place at the same time as Sonic's. This is really obviously not true, since Sonic is MIA when you're playing as Knuckles, but a better clue is the first zone itself! In the first half of Angel Island Act 1, if you climb to a higher portion of the level, you can see over the foliage. In Sonic's run, you can see the ocean because the island's floating on the water. As Knuckles, it's nothing but clouds and open sky, because at the end of Sonic's story the island lifts back up using Master Emerald power.
It doesn't make much sense for Sonic's story to take place at the same time as Knuckles--for one, it suggests that Knuckles is alternatingly destroying Robotnik's creations and working alongside them--but it also doesn't make much sense after, as it implies that Angel Island is still completely overrun with Robotnik's robots long after Robotnik himself has left, and that it never occurred to Knuckles in the slightest to do something about that until one of them dropped a bomb on his head (maybe he's really desperate for company, who knows). Also, the jungle burned down, regrew, and then burned down again in roughly the same way in a relatively short time. And Eggrobo happened to have backups of all the minibosses and Robotnik machines. Honestly, it's probably better just to think of them as separate continuities.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago bold of you to expect consistency from the sonic series
Image Image
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote: 4 years ago but it also doesn't make much sense after, as it implies that Angel Island is still completely overrun with Robotnik's robots long after Robotnik himself has left, and that it never occurred to Knuckles in the slightest to do something about that until one of them dropped a bomb on his head (maybe he's really desperate for company, who knows). Also, the jungle burned down, regrew, and then burned down again in roughly the same way in a relatively short time. And Eggrobo happened to have backups of all the minibosses and Robotnik machines.
...though it does kinda work if you treat the Sonic & Knuckles version as canon? You get the cutscene that kind of explains it, the action starts near the Master Emerald and spreads until it gets to Knuckles' regular hangout at Mushroom Hill, and you don't have things like the re-burning of Angel Island's jungle.

That doesn't change the fact that as a kid I always thought they were parallel stories, though. EggRobo always read to me as Robotnik telling the extremely-gullible Knuckles that "hey there's this rogue robot i need you to deal with while i stop that dumb hedgehog over there".

(but that doesn't change the fact that i never got past flying battery as knuckles until i was 13 or so)
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Obviously EggRobo was re-enacting the events of Sonic Route as part of its directive to become a duplicate Eggman. This is known as the E3 Plan - the Executive for Eggman Emulation. If EggRobo can successfully reproduce one of Eggman's past schemes, it will have proven itself to be equally if not more capable than Eggman at the same role, qualifying it as a perfect Eggman Robot. Yes, it does play out exactly the same as in Sonic Route; all according to the script.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago Obviously EggRobo was re-enacting the events of Sonic Route as part of its directive to become a duplicate Eggman. This is known as the E3 Plan - the Executive for Eggman Emulation. If EggRobo can successfully reproduce one of Eggman's past schemes, it will have proven itself to be equally if not more capable than Eggman at the same role, qualifying it as a perfect Eggman Robot. Yes, it does play out exactly the same as in Sonic Route; all according to the script.
Still a better story than '06
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 4 years ago Still a better story than '06
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Idk, Sonic 06 would actually be way better if its plot was as complicated as that diagram makes it seem

Most of the time travel and going to different areas is just to move the characters around the different levels so it's ultimately inconsequential
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Nast

Post by Nast »

Last edited by Nast 8 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago Idk, Sonic 06 would actually be way better if its plot was as complicated as that diagram makes it seem

Most of the time travel and going to different areas is just to move the characters around the different levels so it's ultimately inconsequential
That chart is actually just the motions of the Chaos Emeralds specifically, which are important plot coupons but move about in some spectacularly bad and nonsensical ways, making it unclear who has one at any given time.

And also they're not the only plot coupons, the rod thing is there as well of course too.

The red line in particular that comes from, as it says, Freaking Nowhere, is the part that delights me the most. They literally forgot to include it until the bit where all seven need to show up.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 4 years ago And also they're not the only plot coupons, the rod thing is there as well of course too.
The Book Scepter of Darkness
Image Image
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

gotta love how that chart resembles something straight out of some kh theories despite the fact that it's literally just vanilla time travel with no involvement from different realms that interact differently with time and fate or half the other nonsense kh gets itself up to
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: All The Mnics & Knockles - 3&K - Buffy

Post by Awoo »

Hey, raocow!

Any chance you'd demo Knuckles in Sonic 2, if nothing else than as a one-off? I totally don't remember if you said you would, but it'd be neat to at least have a chance to see it in action for a life or zone or whatever :pal:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

real-life-core kis2 playthrough. if knuckles dies in sonic 2 raocow has to edit him out of every game past this point

Knuckles jumping down to Hydrocity of his own will is a good example of his familiarity with the island. I guess it's basically just a private pool to him, really. Does he spend his days gambling in the bonus stages? bouncing around in Carnival Night? hanging out in Ice Cap during the summer months? Apparently he lounges in Mushroom Hill according to the S&K-exclusive cutscene. What is this poor guy doing to keep himself from going stir-crazy??

Also, rao says echidnas are known for laying eggs. As far as reproduction is concerned, I think they're more popularly known for their multi-headed genitalia.

...A good choice for a cartoon mascot
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago Also, rao says echidnas are known for laying eggs. As far as reproduction is concerned, I think they're more popularly known for their multi-headed genitalia.
Prehensile multi-headed genitalia, although two of the four openings alternatingely shut down with each use. Monotremes most unwaveringly do their own thing.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

Is there a reason as to why raocow keeps getting stuck in loops while rolled up? Does anyone know?
ImageImage
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Piesonscreations wrote: 4 years ago Is there a reason as to why raocow keeps getting stuck in loops while rolled up? Does anyone know?
Is he maybe pressing down an extra time?
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Piesonscreations wrote: 4 years ago Is there a reason as to why raocow keeps getting stuck in loops while rolled up? Does anyone know?
I recall this happening to me as a kid. I think it happens on certain curves when you are still holding down.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

can confirm that I'm still holding down during those segments
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago can confirm that I'm still holding down during those segments
Well, protip, you don't need to keep down held to stay in ball form. I know it goes against platformer instinct, but it's true! It won't happen in later 2D titles typically though.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 4 years ago
I recall this happening to me as a kid. I think it happens on certain curves when you are still holding down.
I wonder if this is something that just happens on certain runs of the cartridge. Like, I have two copies of Sonic 2. In one, that issue consistently happens on a couple of the Chemical Plant loops, but in the other copy, I've never run into that bug.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

a zip today a zip hooray
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

In Knuckles' game, the Bubble Shield becomes the Blood Shield.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.