(shouting)

Anime & Manga - this is an official hentai free sight!!!!

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Griflion
I'm gonna chomp ya!

Re: Anime & Manga - this is an official hentai free sight!!!!

Post by Griflion »

:catplanet: :catplanet: :catplanet: oh man, i remember watching the first season some years ago on behest of pholtos. Better watch the new season too :catplanet: :catplanet: :catplanet:
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

is The Rising of the Shield Hero good

Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

I watched some Japanese Anime like 「やはり俺の靑春ラブコメはまちがっている。」 , 「俺の彼女と幼なじみが修羅場すぎる」
I had a lot fun of these kinds of Anime. Last week, I found the most popular series called "Toaru Majutsu no Index(とある魔術の禁書目録(インデックス))". I think It seems to be a good combination of science (superpower) and magic. I have a question here. Some websites say "Toaru Kagaku no Railgun(とある科学の超電磁砲(レールガン))" series are much funnier than original series. So I'm going to watch "Railgun" series before watching "Index" series. Is it fine I watch "Railgun" without watching all of the original series(Index)?
知らなければ答えなくてもいいです。知ってるのに答えないなら 覚悟は いいわね... この変態が!!
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Unfortunately Railgun and Index are sort of inter-connected. If you watch Index first, certain things in Railgun will be spoiled and vice-versa.

I think you should probably try watching the first few episodes of Index, and if you don't care for it then jump right over to Railgun. Some people recommend watching Index episodes 1-9, then watch Railgun I and II, then go back to Index if you want to. It's one of those needlessly complicated series. Personally I enjoyed Index I and was okay with Index II but Index III was really, really bad. Despite my better judgement I'm now watching Accelerator, the latest spin-off, and it's... it's alright. It's better than Index III.
ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago is The Rising of the Shield Hero good
It's enjoyable, but I'm struggling to call it 'good'. Do you like Isekai? Do you like downtrodden protagonists who get kicked a lot? Are you okay with grey morality heroes? Are you okay with the protagonist becoming more typical/OP over time? Do you like cute raccoon girls, chocobos and princesses? It's one that I generally enjoyed watching each week but it has a lot of questionable elements that bring it down in my estimation from a genuinely good show. It's definitely a fun timewaster, and a slightly more serious/grounded take on isekais, but if you want a fun goofy romp then no, watch KonoSuba or TUEEE or Kemonomichi or something instead. Better yet, just watch Restaurant to Another World, which managed to make me hungry while I was eating.
Quadro
Heh heh.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Quadro »

I've been rereading Skip Beat. I really like it! One of my favorites.
And Kyoko is just the best. She steals every scene she's in.

I watched some episodes of the dub, and I thought it was pretty good! Whoever voices Kyoko is perfect.

"You are loved and you matter, whether you want to or not."
-raocow, 2023

"Wherever you are tonight,
I wish you the best of everything."

-Tom Petty

icon stolen from:
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

The more isekai anime that I heard about and seeing posts about them, the more I dodge them because they always start and end in almost the same way.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Gardenolva wrote: 4 years ago The more isekai anime that I heard about and seeing posts about them, the more I dodge them because they always start and end in almost the same way.
very good call. Basically only watch isekai if you know what you're getting or are willing to gamble on a wild-card concept in Episode 1 making it interesting.

I once watched the first 15 minutes of "In Another World With My Smartphone". That was quite simply one of the worst anime I've ever watched, because it was so deeply, absolutely, utterly boring. There are much more garbage anime I've watched that I still fondly remember for how bad they are, but Smartphone is just an atrocity against taste. It's all the narcoleptic properties of Glasslip spread over a very large and stale cracker.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Gardenolva wrote: 4 years ago The more isekai anime that I heard about and seeing posts about them, the more I dodge them because they always start and end in almost the same way.
Yo, I heard you don't like isekai, so I recommend you listen to this audiobook of an isekai author getting isekai'd.

Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Leet wrote: 3 years ago i mean i don't have any response outside of "sorry i forgot that anime fans aren't interested in things like who actually makes the anime and what they have to say about the industry" which i'm pretty used to by now
Honestly what came to mind when I read this is the KyoAni arson attack last year. Unsurprisingly, it drew headlines in not only anime and related culture news sites but also mainstream news sites, but also, it had the side effect of drawing attention to the actual people and studios that make animation works.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

beastars was fucking godly and im torn on whether im gonna watch the second season or just start following the manga completely

i was also gonna start k-on to cleanse the palate from "sad furry highschoolers getting in trouble with the cannibal mafia and the inevitability of carnivore instincts" but i got distracted
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

KobaBeach wrote: 3 years ago beastars was fucking godly and im torn on whether im gonna watch the second season or just start following the manga completely

i was also gonna start k-on to cleanse the palate from "sad furry highschoolers getting in trouble with the cannibal mafia and the inevitability of carnivore instincts" but i got distracted
Did you try watching other furry anime?

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Leet wrote:multiple people who create anime have spoken about how they don't have freedom to make what they want to make anymore and outright can't find work because of this, so to tackle the idea of "anime is worse now" with "it's all just arbitrary opinions" is ridiculously short-sighted
i mean there are a couple anime veterans who are mad, therefore random anime snobs saying "anime bad now" have a point? they'd only have a point if that's what they were trying to say, but it generally isn't. most ppl who say "anime is bad now" are just nostalgic for the stuff they got into and have dropped off at some point, and aren't making some grand point about the state of the industry

there are some anime legends who have made a point to say that the industry is awful basically from the start. idk, i'd rather hear from the creators who are actually still in it and still making stuff, rather than butthurt legends that i'm supposed to be deferential to because i guess they made stuff people liked and that means their opinion is gospel
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

you don't know anything about this, i get it already. i'm not talking about "legends", though i don't know who those would be because again, anime fans don't actually care about who makes things
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Gardenolva wrote: 3 years ago Did you try watching other furry anime?
I might check out to see if there's any other manga or anime with either an at least half furry cast or good non-human designs that aren't just generic mooks (see Dungeon Meshi for example).

I'm gonna try to plow through the first season of K-On next just for how fun it seems to be.

AUS wrote:
Leet wrote:words
words
Im p sure there have been quite a few workers in the anime industry calling out poor pay, overworking to exhaustion, short turn around schedules. A lot of recent anime is very much mandated by capitalism.
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Watching Macross Frontier and it's superb apart from Bobby being a predatorial gay stereotype and a lot of the horny jokes, but the latter is basically otaku pandering 101. I love the main trio (Alto, Sheryl, Ranka) and Ozma. Michael and Sheryl are top-tier motherfuckers.
Image Image
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Attack on titan is my favorite manga. Here are some absolutely unforgettable pages and a compilation of my favorite moments.
jr637

Post by jr637 »

Fawriel name-dropped A Place Farther Than The Universe in his MaGLX3 submission. They have good taste in anime. Y'all should definitely watch it.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

sonic ova and twinkle nora are the only good anime
Image Image
jr637

Post by jr637 »

KobaBeach wrote: 2 years ago sonic ova and twinkle nora are the only good anime
I vehemently disagree.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I used to call Touhou anime and people would get mad at me.

That's all I really wanted to post, because I don't really watch anime, but I'll continue so this isn't entirely a shitpost. A bunch of the circles I follow and some friends talk about anime and my sister has like 500 mangas (which she's trying to sell off now) so I guess I know a little bit about it I guess?

Back in the day there were a few animes I remember watching and liking. Excel Saga was the first one I liked. I had a good buddy who did nothing but talk about anime and there was a DVD of this at my video store (I think it was the only anime there?) so I rented it and I liked it and later I bought it. I've only seen those 4 episodes or whatever is on it but I'll always remember it as the first good anime. I also remember liking Cowboy Bebop when it came on TV but I couldn't tell you a single thing about the show.

Aside from that, the only other thing I remember watching was the first season of Haruhu Suzumiya - it was the only season when I watched it but I've learned there's more. I don't remember why I watched this honestly but I do remember talking about it in a thread on Something Awful. I do think I actually watched it twice though, once through the airing order and another the "true" order or whatever?

Oh also I watched Panty & Stocking which was cool for a while but idk I didn't finish it. I'm always afraid to tell people I've watched that for some reason but nobody cares and all anime fans are pervs anyway

The only other real notables were that I watched a stream in stream of one of the Madoka movies with 0 sound and it seemed okay? Also going back to the Excel Saga ages I remember I bought a Neon Genesis Evangelion DVD and I fucking hated that so much that even in my broke high school days I was so desperate to get rid of it that I traded it into a gamestop for literally a dollar.

Anyway there's a couple that have caught my eye but I don't even really watch TV or movies or anything anymore but I might wanna try to watch something sometime. Probably something more "normal" or slice of life I guess since I've seen clips of some of those and they appeal to me more than the wacky bullshit or the badass guy that's super cool or the pirate show that has 900000000 volumes what the fuck just end it

I think i've posted this in this thread before but here it is again
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Argumentable wrote: 2 years ago Oh also I watched Panty & Stocking which was cool for a while but idk I didn't finish it. I'm always afraid to tell people I've watched that for some reason but nobody cares and all anime fans are pervs anyway
bitch i watched subs of it on youtube when i was 12 and the end result was i just wanted to be panty and/or stocking
Argumentable wrote: 2 years ago or the pirate show that has 900000000 volumes what the fuck just end it
let me tell you about detective conan/case closed
Image Image
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Meanwhile I've been on a Naruto kick. It's not a bad series. It's just... endless filler (seriously, the first Anime series ends with three seasons' worth of filler). My older brother also got me the complete Cowboy Bebop and I was bingewatching that off and on in December/January (I'm on the last few episodes but I haven't had time to watch anime of late). I've also been watching Pop Team Epic, That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime, and A Centaur's Life.

Other stuff I've watched since picking up a Funi account include A Certain {Magical,Scientific} {Index,Railgun,Accelerator}, Boogiepop Phantom, Boogiepop and Others, Hatena Illusion, and I Don't Want To Get Hurt So I'll Max Out My Defense.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Dropped Macross Frontier. The way the show blends high school drama with war drama and space opera just didn't work for me, the pace is also pretty glacial. Did not care for any character other than Ranka, her adoptive brother and Bobby.

Started Slayers NEXT which feels much more upbeat and interesting. It's basically Even More Slayers, which I appreciate. Also started Odd Taxi which I expected to be more comical and wholesome but instead has a strange mystique about it with the missing girl subplot and an odd, seedy world, which again, I appreciate. I'll be following this when I can.
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Finished Episode 8 in Slayers Next and man the resolution of the Halcyform arc a few episodes ago was so cliché but so effective. The Ashford being uncomfortable towards Zelgadis because he reminds him of his wife jokes in the Dragon Cooking episode was lowkey, well, uncomfortable as a homosexual, but the sick fuck that I am was into it because Ashford is hot. As long as it isn't drag queen dragon episode levels of bad. I still ship Zel x Amelia though.

The curse episode really showed how hot Gourry is when he's armorless and I appreciate that. He's a bit of a babyface but he's built like a tank AND a himbo so it works for me. Zel has just been suffering in the Dragon Cooking episode, the poor guy. Xellos is a bit funny, but they don't really dawdle too much on his nonsense in a way that runs it to the ground, thankfully. Some of the jokes are a bit dumb and a bit sudden, but I'm willing to look past it because this show is just really fun.

Extremely glad the Seyruun episode didn't actually

kill off Philionel, he's daddy

. Very curious to see how this arc continues... :demo:
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

binged the first eight episodes of ojamajo doremi and it's super good
Image Image