(shouting)

Introduction/Welcome Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
ItsFuntime
THE JACK OF ALL TRADES
First name: Jared
Pronouns: Eccentric Man

Re: Introduction/Welcome Thread

Post by ItsFuntime »

Hello. For those who remember the infamous SMBX Forums user Meowflash, that was me.

ANYWAYS, I hope to be better than I was in the past, and to improve on my level design. Why, you may ask? It's in hopes of improving my very own reputation. Also, I happen to be a somewhat high quality ripper who mostly submits to the stylistic-suck SiivaGunner fan-channel VvvvaVvvvvr, though I'm not part of the team.

Here is an example of one of my rips:

But that's not one of my desires, I am proud of my rips! I mostly want to become a video game developer. I also want to write my own music and make my own graphics for my own video games as well. However, I think that might help me improve my SMBX skills, or help me learn SMBX2 quickly.

Also, here's the rest of what I am:
  • I'm an aspiring programmer with not much up my sleeves, though I hope to make public releases of my coding.
  • I'm also some kind of memelord. Check out my Tumblr for eccentric memery!
  • I am even an artist, traditional and digital. I hope to show hand-drawn work to the public.
  • I also want to host my own website, but not on a subdomain! What kind of mediocore n00b even does that?
  • I'M ECCENTRIC!! :D And I speak perfect with perfect grammar and spelling, even when I type.
And that is all! Thank you, ladies and gentlemen! This is Jared Funtime signing off. *Drops mic*
n~yoron Hey, this is Jared Funtime! I hope your feet are doing okay! nyoro~n
Find me on:

:catplanet:
Like forum games? I've got a few you'll wanna play:
AweStriker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by AweStriker »

I missed that this thread exists!

Hello everyone, I'm Awe. Kind of a computer programming type person that also loves experimental and unusual games.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

i just code 65c816 stuff in smw to kill my boredom but im thinking of fucking about with big boy high level programming sometime (maybe 68000 asm too, sonic seems neat, but the sceners kind of frighten me lol).

welcome to the forums y'all
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
computerfan0
The raddest - no, the opposite
First name: NO U

Post by computerfan0 »

Came here for Maglex Tree
MelonadeM

Post by MelonadeM »

Hi. I'm Melon. I'm probably one of the few here who has heard of MaGMML (basically the Mega Man version of this) before MAGLX.
I'm really a music composer first and foremost, with every other creative endeavour being an afterthought.

Yeah, uhhh I'm sorta here for MAGLX3, I hope that's not rude or anything. I'm not familiar with raocow or most of the community here, but with some time, I think I could get myself somewhat familiarized? We'll see.
64searchman46
i would like uh-shu pls
First name: Kaleb

Post by 64searchman46 »

Hey, I came here from the SMBX forums. I probably won't be on here much. I've joined primarily for MaGLX3, though I'll try and pop in every once in a while.
I'm here... sometimes
https://discord.gg/9Xb452g
Switch friend code: SW-0765-3487-6690
Practical
aaaaaahhhHHHH
First name: jay
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Practical »

welcome 64searchman46 lol
Tone indicators : /j= joking, /srs= serious, /lh= light-hearted, /s= sarcastic
Get it, Let it roll!
[/b]My main YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/ChicaMario64/featured
krakin.carrd.org
My Switch friend code: SW-1004-3051-8456
http://www.n-masters.com/mariokartlicen ... p?id=11224

selective mutism is a nuisance
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Welcome Thread

Post by Awoo »

Welcome all newcomers! Hope you have fun here :3
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
konaa
ultimate poser

Post by konaa »

Hi! I'm Connor and I've been following raocow's youtube for a gazillion (8?) years but only recently decided maybe I should talk on the actual forum instead of youtube comments. I'm usually bad with staying around on forum sites but I really like the talkhaus' community, so hopefully this is the exception.
stormie
formerly maou shoujo
Pronouns: she/her

Post by stormie »

Hi. I've posted in this thread before. I've had several usernames over the years, but I finally dug this one back out because I go by StormieGalaxies on most sites these days. I've been a lurker in the rao community for a long, watching LPs if the game itself interested me but not participating much here on talkhaus. I was even in the talkhaus discord at one time, but I left it because I don't think I ever said anything. Anyways, I've been more active in chatting on the internet lately, and I want to post more here too. Long story as to why I've been more active in general but hey!

I love watching SMW romhacks and indie games. I'm also a huge fan of retro RPGs myself, and after M&L SS I would be excited for any other RPGs that raocow is interested in LPing.

Edit: In particular, my favorite LP was the Distorted Travesty series. Those games were AMAZING. Great gameplay, fascinating and surprisingly serious sprite webcomic plot, tons of variety in the gameplay, and lots and lots of jank. I love unapologetically janky games. You take your weird ideas and rock them.
occasional watcher of the lets plays and haver of too many usernames
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

welcome, once more
Image Image
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

stormie wrote: 4 years ago Edit: In particular, my favorite LP was the Distorted Travesty series. Those games were AMAZING. Great gameplay, fascinating and surprisingly serious sprite webcomic plot, tons of variety in the gameplay, and lots and lots of jank. I love unapologetically janky games. You take your weird ideas and rock them.
You're in luck, because he's been playing the epilogue to the 3rd game over the past 5 or so days.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
KungFuFurby
SNES Musician

Post by KungFuFurby »

Hello, everyone! I am KungFuFurby, a SNES musician and SNES soundtrack preserver, with over 500 SPC sets contributed to on SNESMusic.org (and many more that haven't been added in there yet, some of which I sent out up to five years ago)! I have found many secret pieces of music over the years in various SNES video games.

I have knowledge in 65816 and SPC700 ASM. So far, I'm hoping to create my own sound driver, and eventually my own SNES game, and I'm getting closer... since I have a real SNES, and more recently, a way to actually run my own custom stuff on it!

I'm also the musician for Project Demo by Heraga. :demo:
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

KungFuFurby wrote: 4 years ago Hello, everyone!
yo. it's lion from sneslab. Talkhausへようこそ
Image Image
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Introduction/Welcoming Thread

Post by Awoo »

KungFuFurby wrote: 4 years ago Hello, everyone! I am KungFuFurby, a SNES musician and SNES soundtrack preserver, with over 500 SPC sets contributed to on SNESMusic.org (and many more that haven't been added in there yet, some of which I sent out up to five years ago)! I have found many secret pieces of music over the years in various SNES video games.

I have knowledge in 65816 and SPC700 ASM. So far, I'm hoping to create my own sound driver, and eventually my own SNES game, and I'm getting closer... since I have a real SNES, and more recently, a way to actually run my own custom stuff on it!

I'm also the musician for Project Demo by Heraga. :demo:
Hi there! Talkhaus is a pretty neat place, hope you enjoy it

It's always nice to see new people around here
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
11clock

Post by 11clock »

Hi. I am 11clock, the guy who made raocow play the GMC jams several years ago. I seldom watch raocow's LPs.
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!

Post by AmeijinMayo »

11clock wrote: 4 years ago Hi. I am 11clock, the guy who made raocow play the GMC jams several years ago. I seldom watch raocow's LPs.
Welcome to the talkhaus forum!
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
Glacier

Post by Glacier »

heya!!!!

long time channel lurker, first time talkhaus poster!

i like vgm.

EDIT: oh right yeah i've also been archive binging which is why i joined lol.
iosh
average average dude

Post by iosh »

Hey everyone, I'm iosh !

I've been watching raocow for some years now, and only decided to join now because this place looks neat :slow:
So, uh... yeah, that's all, I think.
Zerio

Post by Zerio »

Hey, I'm Zerio. I used to be pretty active on SMW Central way back, and nowadays I mostly do webcomic stuff. I recently got way into watching raocow's lps, since I was like, hey, this clicks really dang well with my current sense of humor, actually. I also don't really know how to introduce myself!
Hi I'm Zerio, I do a webcomic called Synodic Link and a 3D platformer called Runecrossed.
Artsen

Post by Artsen »

Hey there everyone! This is an introduction post. That's about all there is to it. Happy to be here!
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Welcome y'all. :catcrime:
Image Image
PSI Ninja
https://psininja.talkhaus.com/

Post by PSI Ninja »

I've been posting a bit in the LP threads for several weeks now and just got my username changed (from Edyllroe), so I think now's a good time for an introduction post.

I used to go by Verch Torcitec on the internet 15-20 years ago. Is anyone here old enough to remember ezboards? It was like the Reddit of its time, where you can create a global account and post on any board in the system. Anyone could create their own board for free and add limited HTML/CSS to customize the look. That was the main appeal.

In the early 2000s I used to run an ezboard called Next Generation Consoles. Then real life took over and I stopped doing the whole message board thing. Eventually ezboard went away and the entire archive was wiped from the Wayback Machine from some reason. A big chunk of internet culture is missing because of that. Shoutouts to anyone from the good old days of posting. I miss you all.

Now in the 2020s I come back to the forums and everything's all weird with giant rotating emoticons :ehh: and hats on avatars. Very strange, but I like it. Anyway, I've been rambling. Good to be here.
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!

Post by AmeijinMayo »

welcome to talkhaus!
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

PSI Ninja wrote: 4 years ago Now in the 2020s I come back to the forums and everything's all weird with giant rotating emoticons and hats on avatars.
This place has gone particularly mad in the past few months. I blame myself personally, I provoked the admins with access to the style sheets to fix a few small things that were bugging me and they've gone mad with power ever since...

Also welcome! I vaguely remember ezboards, but I was always hopping between other arbitrary phpBB systems back in the day.