(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Re: request grab-bag

Post by GenesisJames »

GenesisJames wrote: 4 years ago Been playing this recently and think raocow would really enjoy it. My thoughts so far from the thread:
I've also been playing Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight, since my copy from Limited Run Games arrived. It's super fun so far; reminds me of Rabi-Ribi a bit, actually. Seems to be on the shorter side but MAN is it fun to play. I'd actually like to see raocow LP it. It would be right up his alley. It's the fourth in the series but it's a prequel in the storyline apparently, so it seems to be a good place to jump in.

Finished the game so I thought I'd give an update! It's pretty short; getting 100% would take you probably about 4.5 to 5 hours. Might be good for an in-between project LP if raocow were to go for it. Quick, punchy, and fun throughout the entire thing, with a great somber atmosphere.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

so in some kind of future, a mario 64 hack is gonna be played. anyone got suggestions? I'm not necessarily looking for a popularity vote, I'm interested in reasons why such or such game would be a good time. Of course, it helps if a given hack has support from different people.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

raocow wrote: so in some kind of future, a mario 64 hack is gonna be played. anyone got suggestions? I'm not necessarily looking for a popularity vote, I'm interested in reasons why such or such game would be a good time. Of course, it helps if a given hack has support from different people.
There were some few suggestions I can give you so I may as well give them now:
•SM64 Sapphire
•Star Revenge Redone 2.0
•Star Revenge 7: Park of Time
•Mario and the Cursed Castles
•Peach's Memory

There's also Ztar Attack Rebooted but I dunno if you're a fan of its difficulty curve.

Or if you want a classic rom hack, there's SM74.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

bowser's dank rave 3 :^)
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
IRikarte

Post by IRikarte »

I'd still suggest one of the Star Revenge games, in particular Vacation of Cursed Dreams or To the Moon.
VoCD:
VoCD stands out for not relying on a classic overworld system. Instead the levels are all interconnected giving the whole game some sort of Metroidvania feel. Due to this you also don't get booted out of levels after collecting a star in this game which means you get to keep all your collected coins. The game is pretty big, featuring a whopping

stars. However due to the aforementioned QoL changes a lot of unnecessary travel time is cut, meaning that collecting them won't take as long as in other hacks. The only big con against this hack is that the later levels can be a little demanding but since you managed to beat Star Road and Last Impact without any real trouble I'm confident that you can beat this one as well.
TtM:
If all of this sounds like a little too much for you though then I would recommend TtM: The game has 2 regular overworlds and a total of

stars. This hack is very, VERY big on memes but I kinda doubt you would recongnize a lot of them so I'm not sure if you'd find the humour particularily funny. However, level design and modelling are still top notch for the most part - there are some difficutly spikes here and there - but the vast majority of levels are very pleasant to play through and feature lots of cool ideas. Oh, and unlike VoCD, this game doesn't end

on a cliffhanger.

Man, I've been writing way too much I feel like. Anyway: I think that both these games are great and you would enjoy playing through them. You can find both download links on BroDute's Youtube channel.
If none of those appeal to you: Someone suggested Star Revenge: Park of Time in a post above. This is also a pretty nice hack with some very interesting main mechanics. It is slightly older though so the levels don't look as crisp and have a little more jank. Still a good game.
Aaaaand if you don't want to play a Star Revenge game at all there is Mario and the Cursed Castles. I have not played this one so I can't say too much about it but the few things I did see looked very promising!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Play the Mario 64 Randomizer.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

I think Sapphire would be a cool SM64 hack to look into if you ever have to fill a couple of days' worth of videos, since it's a pretty short hack, and not very challenging, but really solid overall.

I would also recommend Mario & The Cursed Castles because i did the level banners and the end screen, since it's a pretty good time, and not all too challenging, although it can get tricky in the end, nothing like a lot of other hacks, but it's still a decent challenge. There's also not a whole lot of crazy ASM so you often have to deal with only the base game that is SM64 and not extra jank.

But really, some of the coolest stuff in SM64 hacks that i've seen recently has been in competition hacks, so while they might not be full games, I think it'd be a good idea to take a look into them.
ImageImage
IRikarte

Post by IRikarte »

Piesonscreations wrote: 4 years ago I think Sapphire would be a cool SM64 hack to look into if you ever have to fill a couple of days' worth of videos, since it's a pretty short hack, and not very challenging, but really solid overall.
Imo Sapphire might be a little too short. Like, it took me less than an hour to beat it when it came out.
I don't know what length raocow is looking for but considering how rarely he plays SM64 hacks on his channel I personally would rather see a game that doesn't last for only ~10 episodes. :v
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

maybe when this is finished
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
wyldstrykr

Post by wyldstrykr »

let me do a stupid one:

KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Maybe the Jumping Flash series? Really short, really fun FPS/Platformer hybrids with a multiple jump ability to aid with the platforming.

The games are super short if you're not bothering for Extra Mode, hell even with Extra Mode (its needed for the real ending in 2 iirc). So a playthrough of All the Robbits shouldn't be too much of a bother. Just, setting up a PocketStation emulator for Pocket MuuMuu and translating what's necessary for both it and Robbit Mon Dieu might be an ordeal, so maybe just focus on Jumping Flash 1&2?

There's also Geograph Seal on the X68000 but I don't know how long that one is and that one's more of a tank game with platformer aspects than anything.

Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago Maybe the Jumping Flash series? Really short, really fun FPS/Platformer hybrids with a multiple jump ability to aid with the platforming.

The games are super short if you're not bothering for Extra Mode, hell even with Extra Mode (its needed for the real ending in 2 iirc). So a playthrough of All the Robbits shouldn't be too much of a bother. Just, setting up a PocketStation emulator for Pocket MuuMuu and translating what's necessary for both it and Robbit Mon Dieu might be an ordeal, so maybe just focus on Jumping Flash 1&2?
I never thought I would ever see this recommended, but... oh my yes. I love Jumping Flash. A brilliant little first person 3D platformer which didn't set any conventions, but remains fascinating today.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 4 years ago I never thought I would ever see this recommended, but... oh my yes. I love Jumping Flash. A brilliant little first person 3D platformer which didn't set any conventions, but remains fascinating today.
What reminded me was a VRChat video of some furry's world. The airborne torii and railway station gave me Jumping Flash feels.

Image Image
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

SAJewers wrote: 4 years ago chargeman ken
i'm cryign
Image Image
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

first

http://www.tasofro.net/touhou175/index.html

It's an official entry into the main Touhou series, and is apparently going to be a side scroller!

And Kogasa gets to be important maybe!

Last edited by Kilgamayan 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago stuff
Seem to be a lot of these lately.

Luna Nights, Night Festival, this...
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago first

http://www.tasofro.net/touhou175/index.html

It's an official entry into the main Touhou series, and is apparently going to be a side scroller!

And Kogasa gets to be important maybe!

quote for bottom-of-page-ness
Grounder wrote: 4 years ago
Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago stuff
Seem to be a lot of these lately.

Luna Nights, Night Festival, this...
The more the merrier, I say!

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

An official one is totally different than the billion touhou fangames that have always existed though
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I guess this would be an opportune time to link this - it's not so much a request but it might be of interest to others

Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago An official one is totally different than the billion touhou fangames that have always existed though
This is true, and is why I was so quick on the request trigger. I probably should have been clearer about that up-front :oops:
ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago I guess this would be an opportune time to link this - it's not so much a request but it might be of interest to others

Oh shit, Trap Tower Remake for the Switch? Hell yeah, buying that ASAP

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago first
Annotation 2019-10-04 144903.png
Annotation 2019-10-04 144903.png (19.06 KiB) Viewed 4922 times
get hyped for this i guess
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

woop woop

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
wyldstrykr

Post by wyldstrykr »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago I guess this would be an opportune time to link this - it's not so much a request but it might be of interest to others

oh boy an improvement from the original.. some of the levels are the same in the original tho