(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Post by Crow »

Accidental Super Sonic Count: 7 (but 1 is non-canon)

Pretty much every change in S3&K is for the better tbh, except yeah I kinda wish the big arm bot was still there, it's not like it's -that- hard a boss anyways.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Nast

Post by Nast »

I always found it weird that they drew some new sprites for Tails for this game, but with no regard to consistency with the original ones

And on the topic of sprites, there's something really off to me about some of the background art. It looks great in some stages, but in others it's like they made a bunch of tiles that are not congruent with one another, so the resulting background pieces look super messy.

DinnerSonic
All the DinnerSonics
First name: Matthew
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by DinnerSonic »

All The Hill Zones tally(Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles but in a parallel universe where they didn't hook up edition):
  • 97 Green Hill Zones
  • 500 Green Hill Zone Acts total
  • 4 versions of the Michael Jackson GHZ theme
  • 7 versions of JP/EU Sonic CD's "Sonic Boom" theme
  • 1 (some kinda) Hill Zones total
  • 24 (some kinda) Hill Zone Acts total
  • 39 misc Hill-Type Zones(the Hill Top clause)
Ever wonder what it would be like if there were a a parallel universe where they just went and let you "lock-on" Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles, and play it like one game?

(Real tally coming tomorrow)
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

Super Knuckles is immune to slam dunk attacks, unlike Super Sonic.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

The Robotnik TVs actually appear earlier in the game; indeed, you can even see a couple in the Ice Cap Zone Act 2 video, though raocow was a bit too preoccupied with dying at the moment to pay them much heed.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

The great emerald's power allows me to feel

I expect the adventure LPs thread convo to be exclusively lyrics.
ImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The Soap S@nics - 3&K - Laundromat

Post by Awoo »

I thought that the quick brown fox was the one that jumped over lazy dogs? nyoro~n
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I like how in Sonic's storyline, you are basically playing as the villain/final boss to Knuckles, right down to where you literally show up at the end in Robotnik's Wily Machine to defeat him.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The Stock Shorn Sheep - Battle & Chase - One-off

Post by Awoo »

kitikami wrote: 4 years ago I like how in Sonic's storyline, you are basically playing as the villain/final boss to Knuckles, right down to where you literally show up at the end in Robotnik's Wily Machine to defeat him.
Too bad they retconned that to Egg-Robo when you hook up Sonic 3 to Sonic & Knuckles :ehh:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

"i'm double tapping and i'm not getting super sonic anymore"
well yeah rao you have 3 rings

i'm not sure i've -ever- seen the "axe stuck in the tree" animation before in my life, wow
Last edited by Crow 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

trend of subconsciously trying to perfect continues
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

For some odd reason i think i've played a lot more of & Knuckles than og 3, so I definitely feel more nostalgic when listening to mushroom hill than any other zones previously.
ImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago "i'm double tapping and i'm not getting super sonic anymore"
uhm, hmm, :oops:
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The Hovels in the Middle of Nowhere Flying in the Middle of a Field!

Post by Awoo »

Dang it raocow, you should explore the middle of nowhere more, you might find more hovels in Mushroom Hill Zone that contain big rings.
I'm not admittedly as familiar with the &Knuckles portion of Sonic 3, but I know that it's possible to get

Hyper Sonic

by at least Flying Battery 2, if not 1.

Yeah I'm totally unbiased when it comes to Sonic 3 :atsy:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
DinnerSonic
All the DinnerSonics
First name: Matthew

Post by DinnerSonic »

The dreaded curse of double jump accidental Super Sonic has finally been sealed

... for now.

All The Hill Zones tally(for real, this time!):
  • 6 Green Hill Zones
  • 18 Green Hill Zone Acts total
  • 3 versions of the Nakamura GHZ theme
  • 7 versions of JP/EU Sonic CD's "You Can Do Anything" theme
  • 8 (some kinda) Hill Zones total
  • 23 (some kinda) Hill Zone Acts total
  • 2 misc Hill-Type Zones(the Hill Top clause)
In an alternate universe where Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles didn't split up, ever, this stage might have been called Mushroom Valley Zone! There's an entry in the Sonic 3 Alone level select code for Mushroom Hill, and a few other unfinished stages. Mushroom Hill is called Mushroom Valley, back when it wasn't a First Level. Spoilers for a few Sonic & Knuckles zones. (Source)
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Although it's not quite my favorite level theme in the second half of the game--that would be either be the next zone or three zones from now--Mushroom Hill is certainly the one that gets stuck in my head most often.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Isn't mushroom hill a some kinda hill zone?
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

Now, while Sega had indeed accepted Jackson's offer to score Sonic 3 (under the condition that his involvement would be kept under wraps until the game released), that didn't mean his name would end up on it, as Jackson had a history of going uncredited (or using pseudonyms) in productions, mostly because at the time, he was signed with the label Epic Records, who refused to let the star sing for any of its potential rivals for any reason. This even extended to TV appearances, the most famous example of this being the in the third season episode of The Simpsons, Stark Raving Dad. Despite guest starring _as_ "Micheal Jackson", the credit for that role is given to a "John Jay Smith", a close compatriot of Alan Smithee as a person who doesn't exist.

As well, Jackson, while a fan of the Genesis in aggregate, was known to be rather dismissive of its musical ability. This had not stopped him from sending in a demo tape to STI consisting entirely of acapella music the Genesis would have an exceedingly difficult time rendering effectively. Then spending four weeks inside Record One studio in California alongside Brad Buxer, Bobby Brooks, Doug Grigsby III, Darryl Ross, Geoff Grace and Cirocco Jones, creating and optimizing 41 tracks just in time for the end of summer, an achievement in itself considering most of the artists involved had absolutely no idea of the massive limitations video game music faced at the time, especially for the Genesis.

However, the biggest reason Jackson was never credited and why his involvement is consistently denied by SEGA, is that literally right at the week the team sent in the final soundtrack, Michael Jackson became caught up in child sexual abuse allegations that flashed around the airwaves like wildfire. This, combined with Jackson cancelling the final leg of his Dangerous World Tour due to health concerns, made SEGA do a 180 in wanting the artist anywhere near the game. No matter the truth of the allegations, the negative press was toxic to every last SEGA executive.

But Sonic 3 was slated for a Febuary release, and even though not all of Jackson's work had been used, there wasn't enough time to replace everything inserted. What was SEGA to do?

Level Facts!

Mushroom Hill Zone's unique gimmick with the hand-operated elevators was programmed in explicitly for two player mode, as playtesters using Tails always complained about missing other stage gimmicks as Sonic would always hit them first.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I haven't been commenting lately due to being sick, but on the bright side I didn't have a whole lot to say about the last two zones, except that I think the vertical looping in Ice Cap Zone is pretty cool.

Anyway, thanks to the ability to start at Mushroom Hill Zone by just playing Sonic & Knuckles by itself, we're back to things I actually played when I played these games for the first time as a kid. Although in all my years of playing I don't think I've ever seen the boss get its axe stuck in the trees.

Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

i think i've literally never seen that animation of the lumberbot getting its axe stuck in the stump before
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago
Cyril wrote: 4 years ago "i'm double tapping and i'm not getting super sonic anymore"
uhm, hmm, :oops:
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
TehRealSalt
ring racers programmer
First name: sally

Post by TehRealSalt »

I've never seen that lumberbot animation either AND I thought the sound he made during it was unused when I heard it in sound test. That sound effect was really memorable to me despite never hearing it in-game because I used it for a frog badnik in a fangame because it sounds like a ribbit. Now I have closure!
Leet

Post by Leet »

Well then what the hell happened in the boss fight we all remember then
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Leet

Post by Leet »

raocow you gotta update the list ! ! ! !

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

oh...

oh no...

oh no.

So. Hey.
Wanna help raocow out?
If you want to go through the list, pull out the various sonic games, and make it real clear what emulator you should use for what game...
I mean...

You have the power.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage