(shouting)

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - U R Not Red E

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - U R Not Red E

Post by Leet »

kitikami wrote: 4 years ago "Fumbling in the Dark" is especially mean in that the last checkpoint only gives you a new rutabaga if you die and re-spawn, so if you are going for the gem you basically have to to fumble around in the dark for a bit.
I don't think this is true at all, you/raocow just always hit the box by spinning an enemy into it.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

The reward for that colored gem in today's level was nuts.
ImageImage
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

So, some observations now that we're on the home stretch. I predict 2 more videos before we're done with the game, maybe 3 if tomorrow doesn't give raocow a nice time.

The third island actually has a fair few unique level themes that don't get a second level devoted to them. Aside from N Sanity Beach in world 1, world 3 has the only unique themes. Now in fairness one of those is slippery climb, which does have a companion level in the form of Stormy Ascent, but that was cut from the game.

And speaking of Stormy Ascent, I suspect it was supposed to go in between Jaws of Darkness and Castle Machinery, because of that long path Crash just zips up otherwise.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - U R Uta Baga

Post by Awoo »

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That level's another example of why darkness gimmicks are the worst thing in games. Ice and wind stuff ain't got nothing on that.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

May as well do the 100% ending first tomorrow.
It's non-canon.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
J. J. W. Mezun

Post by J. J. W. Mezun »

E’en when it’s not being ridiculously mean-spirited with invisible platforms, this game’s level design otherwise feels mediocre. The fact that we mostly focus on the BS parts emphasizes to me that the rest isn’t e’en memorable ’nough to notice, which I think is e’en worse. While I was watching the “Fumbling in the Dark” level, which seems indistinguishable from “Lights Out”, I was thinking, “I wonder if raocow’s going to have to jump off a spider to reach ’nother platform, like he’s done 3 times already”. I feel many o’ these levels could’ve benefited by being cut down, as much o’ the content feels like repetitive filler.

I’m glad that the 3rd game has mo’ variety.
Wenn alle stehen bleiben und anstarren
und sagen, <¿Warum musst du so sein?>,
schaue ich ihnen einfach in die Augen
und sage ihnen, dass ich von Fledermäusen aufgezogen wurde.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago May as well do the 100% ending first tomorrow.
It's non-canon.
I agree with this, because even in the normal ending

Tawna gets rescued anyway, and the plot of Crash Bandicoot 2 follows directly from this normal ending

strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Yeah Crash 1 is a very rough game. A quarter of the levels are still just pure sidescrollers(mostly), and the requirement for gems is needlessly strict. But it's still nkt a bad vame overall, it has a lot of neat ideas, and it was the start of a belpved series. That's gotta count for something.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

gotta love that crash YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAW.
ImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

and it was a prequel to yoshi's island all along

the end
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - change this lion you butt

Post by Awoo »

Piesonscreations wrote: 4 years ago gotta love that crash YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAW.

woah

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Yeah, um, why were you locked out from going past The Lab, and why did you fall at the underground ceiling

I think Sturg was a decent boss, after having some of the bosses being overly basic.

I was wondering how the pacing of this playthrough would go after you started going for the gems, but honestly, seeing that you were nearing the end and you had over 90% completion, I realized that it worked out pretty well. Now I'm not worried about getting all the gems for the sequels.

I'm still concerned about the relics in Warped, though.

Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

rao died when he touched the ceiling of the underground area because that's where the death pit trigger is for the level proper and it doesn't unload when you're down there.

Oh, a word of warning about that extra level: there are tokens in it (the ones that lead to bonus stages). Don't collect them, the bonus level doesn't exist so the game will crash
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

That glowing cave area set being used in a random secret area is so bizarre, why weren't there actual levels that looked like that! They would have been a highlight of the game!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

sorry for taking so long to update the OP (or the thread index) i've been mentally sick for the past forever and it's gotten worse as of recent

been on SOS mood stabilizers for a while (i take them whenever i'm super bad) and they make me fall asleep for most of the day

my family and i are trying to figure out something to fix this please don't worry about me and carry on with the crashcow
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago That glowing cave area set being used in a random secret area is so bizarre, why weren't there actual levels that looked like that! They would have been a highlight of the game!
gives me the vibe of a level theme that was scrapped early on to not be seen elsewhere on the disc, but late enough that an unrelated level still had a bit with its design

heck, it might not be that unrelated, either, considering that the area seems like a natural fit for a smw-style secret exit that leads to a cave level. i got that feeling from several other secondary exits in other levels, too, which feels like explains some of the weirdness with them ( and the fact that the great hall is the only example of a secondary exit having a different result from the primary one )
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Most of the bosses got their lives back on track once freed from Cortex's influence, but Pinstripe is still pretty clearly tied to the mafia.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Yeah, I'm just glad they did better with the level design ideas in the sequels. Not going to spoil gameplay stuff, but some of those Crash 1 levels gets borderline insane with how you have to have a perfect run in every level. Remastered edition fixed that except for the stages with colored gems, but the physics get screwed up more. Good luck cheating with the ropes in the bridge levels and having even tighter jumps to make, for example.

2 and Warped don't have those issues pop up much at all either on the PS1 or Remastered versions, so I'm looking forward to seeing how those playthroughs go when you get to them!
Nast

Post by Nast »

KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago sorry for taking so long to update the OP (or the thread index) i've been mentally sick for the past forever and it's gotten worse as of recent

been on SOS mood stabilizers for a while (i take them whenever i'm super bad) and they make me fall asleep for most of the day

my family and i are trying to figure out something to fix this please don't worry about me and carry on with the crashcow
Take as much time as you need, you health should always be a priority
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

This video is test animation that was done for Crash Bandicoot. Produced by Universal Animation early in the development of the game. It was based on ideas for where we were going with this IP at that time. It was probably too ambitious in nature and was also trying to be humorous. It was never used or even embedded in the game as a hidden "easter egg" treat.

Once UIS licensed the game to Sony for publication, Sony did not want it utilized since they were heavily pushing the "3D" agenda.

There are many close to the development of the original game that do not even know that this material even existed.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Code: Select all

___           ___           ___           ___     
     /\__\         /\  \         /\  \         /\__\    
    /:/ _/_       /::\  \       /::\  \       /:/  /    
   /:/ /\__\     /:/\:\  \     /:/\:\  \     /:/__/     
  /:/ /:/ _/_   /:/  \:\  \   /::\~\:\  \   /::\  \ ___ 
 /:/_/:/ /\__\ /:/__/ \:\__\ /:/\:\ \:\__\ /:/\:\  /\__\
 \:\/:/ /:/  / \:\  \ /:/  / \/__\:\/:/  / \/__\:\/:/  /
  \::/_/:/  /   \:\  /:/  /       \::/  /       \::/  / 
   \:\/:/  /     \:\/:/  /        /:/  /        /:/  /  
    \::/  /       \::/  /        /:/  /        /:/  /   
     \/__/         \/__/         \/__/         \/__/    
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I wonder what caused the birds to be janky like that. I don't know if the level was being glitchy, but if it was, those were glitches with elements that existed in the actual game. Weird.

Quotes by developers about the level I found on Bandipedia Fandom (source):

Andy Gavin: "Stormy Ascent was just cut because it was too long and too hard and we ran out of time. I wish we had put it in as some kind of easter egg, as it was an awesome level, one of my favorite in the game. Long, a bit brutal, but it looked great, and had a real rhythm to it."

Jason Rubin: "There was never anything sadder than dropping a level that close to completion. The work that went into making a level like that is incredible. To see it on the cutting room floor was always a tragedy."

The N. Sane DLC version has a new N. Brio bonus level (the nonexistent bonus in the original version used Cortex heads). Here's a video of the new version:

KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago

Code: Select all

___           ___           ___           ___     
     /\__\         /\  \         /\  \         /\__\    
    /:/ _/_       /::\  \       /::\  \       /:/  /    
   /:/ /\__\     /:/\:\  \     /:/\:\  \     /:/__/     
  /:/ /:/ _/_   /:/  \:\  \   /::\~\:\  \   /::\  \ ___ 
 /:/_/:/ /\__\ /:/__/ \:\__\ /:/\:\ \:\__\ /:/\:\  /\__\
 \:\/:/ /:/  / \:\  \ /:/  / \/__\:\/:/  / \/__\:\/:/  /
  \::/_/:/  /   \:\  /:/  /       \::/  /       \::/  / 
   \:\/:/  /     \:\/:/  /        /:/  /        /:/  /  
    \::/  /       \::/  /        /:/  /        /:/  /   
     \/__/         \/__/         \/__/         \/__/    
hello game faqs
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

if any of y'all want to get the n-sane trilogy it's in the humble monthly right now
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly
with spyro reignited, as well, so like
i've honestly never played a video game in my life