(shouting)

Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
kitikami

Re: Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

Post by kitikami »

The laser is so well done. Seeing it earlier and not knowing what it is or where it came from, and then finally seeing the source and getting to copy it for the finishing blow feels amazing.

This game has been a fantastic ride every time raocow has LP'd it. It's pretty much pure happiness for me. The finished product added a lot of polish too, so even though it still has the same distinct flavor as past versions, this one still felt like a new experience. I really enjoyed the pacing and how each world escalated up to a satisfying conclusion. Great work by Azure and Raibys, and anyone else involved.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

It's a cool fight, but personally I felt that the first phase went on for too long. This is the main reason I haven't gotten around to getting the gold star for that fight yet (I have it on all the other levels outside of Extra World).
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
leafbarrett
First name: Leafia
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by leafbarrett »

Six months later, here I am again. As much as I wish I could say the new LP solved Azure and Raibys's problems... it hasn't. This is the current state of affairs. Summary: They're being uprooted for the second time in a month, and need help getting temporary housing while they try to get things back in order. I can't help with this, nor can I provide any meaningful financial contribution to help them. And so here I am, begging somebody to help my friends stay off the streets.

The idea of introducing the game to more streamers was brought up, and the official Copy Kitty website already has a press kit prepared, so if anybody here happens to have any connections with streamers, if you could get the word out, that would be much appreciated too.

I don't know where to turn, this is the only community I'm in that has any idea what Copy Kitty is in the first place, but dammit, there must be somebody on the face of this godforsaken planet that can help.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

It's always good to see Copy Kitty back on raocow's channel.

I'm excited to see the new set of power ups, as well as to see what the game looks like when you have to actually understand what you're doing and make deliberate choices about how to mix your arsenal together.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

I guess you could say that you need to be a savant to understand this play style.
ImageImage
zettatoad
First name: dylan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by zettatoad »

for the savant playthrough, i'd REALLY recommend switching to advanced controls, which maps each weapon you have to a different button and reduces the need to switch. with boki, that's mostly helpful because it makes it easier to swap out basic weapons when they're low on ammo or you want a different combo. with savant, it means you only have to select a base weapon and then you'll have access to all three variations at once. being able to switch between two combos and a basic shot at will gives you more options at a moment's notice and reduces the amount of time you have to spend in the menu. it's a big improvement and i honestly feel like it should be the default

hooray for more copy kitty! :catplanet: :catplanet: :catplanet: :catplanet:
hey
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Oof, I knew he'd have a hard time with Savant's controls. He does take some getting used to, that's for sure.

No Hard Mode this time around either? So we're gonna have to wait another year before he gets to the really good stuff? :|
PSI Ninja
https://psininja.talkhaus.com/

Post by PSI Ninja »

Never really been a fan of the Copy Kitty LPs - I would sometimes zone out during Boki's frenetic, mindless action and as a result the video would just become white noise to me. The game is really fun to play, though.

I haven't tried Savant's playthrough, but the slower pace (so far) and the specific ordering of combos suggests a more mindful approach to things. Should be an interesting watch.
Dragooner

Post by Dragooner »

It's Savant time. It does feel like a whole new game, which reminds me of Bunny must Die.

I really hate some attacks and windows, to the point that I switched to an empty window just to be able to shoot like I want to(probably a bad idea).
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Dark Hunter wrote: 4 years ago No Hard Mode this time around either? So we're gonna have to wait another year before he gets to the really good stuff? :|
sorry man
there's just... a lot of game in this game
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

I get it, there really is a ton of content in Copy Kitty, especially when you do just one stage a day like you do (probably a consequence of the fact that you're busy doing other stuff rather than just this game).

I'm just a bit sad because there is some really amazing content in Hard Mode and I'm excited to see your reactions to it.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

zettatoad wrote: 4 years ago for the savant playthrough, i'd REALLY recommend switching to advanced controls, which maps each weapon you have to a different button and reduces the need to switch. with boki, that's mostly helpful because it makes it easier to swap out basic weapons when they're low on ammo or you want a different combo. with savant, it means you only have to select a base weapon and then you'll have access to all three variations at once. being able to switch between two combos and a basic shot at will gives you more options at a moment's notice and reduces the amount of time you have to spend in the menu. it's a big improvement and i honestly feel like it should be the default
I should hope so. This feels like the LP could drag simply because raocow will continue fumbling his way through the controls. Plus the pause-menuing, even without this in consideration, kind of kills momentum.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Aimbot looks amazing despite having such an understated name, especially when you can throw it into a room and clear out everything ahead of going in yourself.

I also love the sheer pointlessness (other than looking cool as heck) of the zodiac laser's gimmick.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

for what it's worth I'm doing more than one stage a video now!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Savant's attacks don't come form him directly, they come from the window. I love it; the fact that he stands around while something else fights for him gives him this "slightly disinterested cool customer guy" thing. The best moments are when you find the perfect weapon for a job, and manipulate the window to kill a large number of enemies while Savant chills totally out of harms way.

Both Boki and Savant are vengeful war gods, but while Boki prefers to materialize on the mortal plane and slaughter her enemies directly, Savant prefers to smite his enemies while lounging atop his helioplois.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Savant's windows having different behaviors is both what makes him versatile and a total pain in the ass to play as, depending.

The "Reset Window" button is going to be your best friend when playing as Savant in chaotic situations.
Azure Lazuline
Pronouns: choose randomly

Post by Azure Lazuline »

Advanced controls can be tricky. It still takes the same amount of time to switch weapons (if you're changing bases), but now everything keeps shooting at you during it, and you can't see what all the combos you have access to are called. Resetting your window also requires the menu now to reselect the original. You'll probably end up using fewer base weapons since you only have quick-select access to the "second half", not the base/window type.

With that said, it feels better to you then you should use it, of course! It seems to be working alright. But keep those things in mind, and don't feel like you "need" to because everyone said to switch.

(Edit: Reworded to be shorter and less snappy at the people who very persistently suggested you to switch)
Last edited by Azure Lazuline 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Me and Raibys made Copy Kitty! Now we're working on another game, about fruit and hugs.
http://entanma.com
https://www.patreon.com/NuclearStrawberry
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Is there a reason there isn't a Reset Window button in the advanced controls? I couldn't find one when I was messing around to check if raocow was overlooking it.

And then I kept playing until I beat the ridiculous version of 1-1 Hard. I'm pretty sure raocow is going to bash his head against this one once he realizes it's replayable. Looking forward to that.

SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 4 years ago Is there a reason there isn't a Reset Window button in the advanced controls? I couldn't find one when I was messing around to check if raocow was overlooking it.
Apparently there isn't one with advanced controls, presumably because there's not enough buttons for it.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

They could replace one of the Dodge or Jump buttons, since those seem to be the same move in Savant's case.
Mestrophis

Post by Mestrophis »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 4 years ago They could replace one of the Dodge or Jump buttons, since those seem to be the same move in Savant's case.
The weapon that resets the window is the same as Boki's super shot button, when you use Advanced with Savant.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

No, I tried that button and it opened the weapon menu.

I agree that would make sense but it isn't the case.
Mestrophis

Post by Mestrophis »

Huh, I guess that's what happens when you disable the menu. Ah well.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

My personal theory is that Chemical Reaction is the only weapon in the sim that doesn't work that way in real life and Savant just programmed it that way because it's how he envisions science working in his head.