(shouting)

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - U R Not Red E

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Re: Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - U R Not Red E

Post by Reecer7 »

i don't understand why raocow doesn't just turn on the 3d slider on his playstation one. yeah it reduces battery life, but the game was built for it!
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
kurt91

Post by kurt91 »

...Oh crap, there's a PC version of the remake/remaster, isn't there? I recently got a VR headset and a program called VorpX to convert games into 3D to be played on the headset. I know you were joking about that 3D slider, but I just realized that I can totally do that.

I only really planned out playing Fallout New Vegas with the VR program. Other than trying out Sonic Generations to try and make myself sick intentionally, I hadn't really thought of what other games to try yet. I know you didn't intend it, but thanks for the idea!
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

kurt91 wrote: 4 years ago ...Oh crap, there's a PC version of the remake/remaster, isn't there? I recently got a VR headset and a program called VorpX to convert games into 3D to be played on the headset. I know you were joking about that 3D slider, but I just realized that I can totally do that.

I only really planned out playing Fallout New Vegas with the VR program. Other than trying out Sonic Generations to try and make myself sick intentionally, I hadn't really thought of what other games to try yet. I know you didn't intend it, but thanks for the idea!
emulate F-Zero GX

I'm not joking:

KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

just an fyi if raocow's totally using savestates power to him. crash 100% sucks ass

also im the one person not changing thread title and i feel like im in the right here
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I think this is literally the first time I've ever seen what those N. Brio heads do
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Even raocow is so subliminally afraid of the next stage he's opted to put off playing it as long as possible
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Count Mohawk

Post by Count Mohawk »

So I don't think raocow completed the N Brio bonus stage on his successful run, do the bonus stages not count towards the box count? That seems strange; I feel like it's more likely that I somehow missed him getting over the TNT wall while i was alt-tabbing away.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Count Mohawk wrote: 4 years ago So I don't think raocow completed the N Brio bonus stage on his successful run, do the bonus stages not count towards the box count?
Bonus level boxes do not count in Crash 1 in the original Playstation version.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

man raocow just breezing through is kind of embarrassing for me compared to how many problems i had even getting to the first level of today's crash 1 video
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I mean. I didn't breeze through it for what it's worth :oops:
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog

Post by Window Squeegee »

Bridge: Crossed
Game Overs: Zero
Expectations: Shattered

Final Verdict: "Woah!"
Nast

Post by Nast »

Not to be harsh but, this game reminds me of DKC if it had run out of ideas at world 2. Today's Sunset Vista is basically just Temple Ruins again, and in the level itself they kept repeating that block-sliding-from-wall gimmick without much variation (wait for all of them to retract and hold right). I've been noticing a lot of repetition like that in general.

Not that that stuff necessarily ruins the game but it makes it seem sort of shallow I guess? Are the sequels better in this regard?
Taigiry

Post by Taigiry »

Beating Road to Nowhere and Sunset Vista (and Boulder Dash) in half an hour is pretty darn good, especially for someone with no prior Crash experience.

Also what did the Cortez heads do again? Are they the ones

that give you the keys to extra levels

? I kinda forgot.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

NastCF wrote: 4 years ago Not to be harsh but, this game reminds me of DKC if it had run out of ideas at world 2. Today's Sunset Vista is basically just Temple Ruins again, and in the level itself they kept repeating that block-sliding-from-wall gimmick without much variation (wait for all of them to retract and hold right). I've been noticing a lot of repetition like that in general.

Not that that stuff necessarily ruins the game but it makes it seem sort of shallow I guess? Are the sequels better in this regard?
Crash 1 is more about early 3D precision platforming. I haven't played Crash 3 but i think it and 2 are better with the gimmicks.

Taigiry wrote: 4 years ago Also what did the Cortez heads do again? Are they the ones

that give you the keys to extra levels

? I kinda forgot.
ye
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

full boar and whole hog

the duality of swine
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Crash Bandicoot Trilogy - Dagoth Ur

Post by Awoo »

I like how raocow refers to the Neo Cortex heads as "Sturg Heads"

maybe if he has to deal with Momiji in a game he'll refer to it as an Awoo head

one can dream :3

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

NastCF wrote: 4 years agoNot to be harsh but, this game reminds me of DKC if it had run out of ideas at world 2. Today's Sunset Vista is basically just Temple Ruins again
So far, every level type has had one "sequel" with identical gimmicks. Definitely a purposeful decision, though obviously saving money on art assets would have gone into that decision.

Two rolling discs levels, two side-view wooden wall levels, two boulder chase levels, two river levels, two hog levels, two side-view stone temple levels... and so we can probably expect a harder take on the dark level and the bridge level. They haven't been doing any level types a third time (except the intro level is kinda similar to the two Rolling Discs levels).

That's not necessarily a defense against it feeling repetitive.

But, while I don't remember much about this game from my childhood, what I *do* remember is enjoying seeing the later-game riff on earlier levels.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

to me this game is less repetitive than donkey kong country 1. but i just don't think dkc1 is very interesting
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Nast

Post by Nast »

Ditocoaf wrote: 4 years ago So far, every level type has had one "sequel" with identical gimmicks. Definitely a purposeful decision, though obviously saving money on art assets would have gone into that decision.

Two rolling discs levels, two side-view wooden wall levels, two boulder chase levels, two river levels, two hog levels, two side-view stone temple levels... and so we can probably expect a harder take on the dark level and the bridge level. They haven't been doing any level types a third time (except the intro level is kinda similar to the two Rolling Discs levels).

That's not necessarily a defense against it feeling repetitive.

But, while I don't remember much about this game from my childhood, what I *do* remember is enjoying seeing the later-game riff on earlier levels.
That makes a lot of sense actually. I suppose I wouldn't mind it as much if they had kept more of these sequel levels for later in the game. But then again, the endgame may have been saturated with returning gimmicks if that was the case, so maybe that wouldn't work either...
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

At least the hog music is legit great for how long you might be listening to it
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

The Heavy Machinery theme is quite catchy, and I feel that if the game was a slog to watch lately, this may be where it gets more interesting again.

About the key in the Cortex bonus, the wiki states that you can re-enter bonuses after you finish the level. I guess you just can't re-enter while you're still in the level.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Just for comparison, Turtle is 0.001, and he can fly long distances.

You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Yeah, bonus heads "stay gotten" until you properly exit the level, which is forgiving when you've collected one or two of them and are at a checkpoint, but suddenly becomes unforgiving if you "win" access to the bonus level and fail it.
kurt91

Post by kurt91 »

So, is there any way for us to get raocow to play the "Stormy Ascent" level? He's not playing the remake, so I don't think we can just send him a save file. Wasn't there some way to access it in the original game, like a gameshark code or something?