(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Bean
Yep.

Re: One Or Two Silvanas - Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine - I Feel Like Some Apple Pie!

Post by Bean »

Pretty much. Plan more for what's coming next than what the current piece is. If you have one brain hiccup, unless it can be salvaged like today's one was, that'll be that.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: One Or Two Silvanas - Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine - I Feel Like Some Apple Pie!

Post by KobaBeach »

Ashan wrote: 4 years ago In general, it seems like the entire object of this game is to just be the first to get like a 3-combo. Cause the punishment the other player gets for it is so harsh that it might as well be an auto-win.
Yeah they added the ability to offset and counter the punishment in Tsuu.

Basically if you have Puyos about to rain down on you, you can use a combo to clear them and maybe send some to the other player if the combo is large enough.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

You'd think MBM would be on the Tsuu ruleset but it isn't and it messes me up when I play at all because I'm too used to junk cancel.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Yawhee.

(this is an official upload, i checked)
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

LOCK UP THE THROTTLE

also this is about how puzzle games like this go, yeah
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

Today's video bothered me so much I booted up Puyo Champions just so I could make an 11 chain on the time attack challenge.
Does this mean I'm not going to become a paperweight?

Who has the most?
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

you've yee'd your last haw, pardner
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

raocow: "Have you for launch"? What a lame-o!

raocow is promptly had for launch
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

So I've just been silently watching raocow play this game, and I was wondering when he would start having a hard time. I've always been a little bit interested in the Puyo Puyo games, but in my limited encounters with playing them I've never been able to get very good. When I saw raocow start this game I decided to try it out myself in the form of Kirby's avalanche (which from what I'm aware is pretty much the same as this game but with Kirby characters). After barely managing to get past stage 9 I decided to call it quits. Assuming raocow wants to finish this game all I can say is good luck. And with that I've said all I have to say about this game, so I'll return to watching silently.

HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

That's still better than me, I barely made it to Stage 5. I am pretty bad at Puyo so honestly I'm surprised I made it that far. I've had more fun with Nazo Puyo (Super Nazo Puyo 2 on SNES, specifically) because I can actually do things except for the occasional puzzle that I can't figure out at all.
Anyway, I never had Kirby's Avalanche as a kid which is probably for the best because I don't think I would have liked it very much!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Have a question real quick since I don't know. Is this the only Sonic game to have the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog dudes? You know, their versions of Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts? I'm pretty sure Spinball was the only one with the SatAM/Archie Comics cast.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Bean wrote: 4 years ago Have a question real quick since I don't know. Is this the only Sonic game to have the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog dudes? You know, their versions of Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts? I'm pretty sure Spinball was the only one with the SatAM/Archie Comics cast.
Yes, unless I'm forgetting something from Tails and the Music Maker.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Count Mohawk

Post by Count Mohawk »

So starting with tomorrow's video, this will be relevant:
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Bean wrote: 4 years ago Have a question real quick since I don't know. Is this the only Sonic game to have the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog dudes? You know, their versions of Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts? I'm pretty sure Spinball was the only one with the SatAM/Archie Comics cast.
Well Scratch was also in Spinball as we saw

There are also Satam/Archie swatbots in the DS rpg
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Grounder the whole time
ImageImage
Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog

Post by Window Squeegee »

A yippee? Just for me? It's more likely than you think.

I gotta hand it to Rao for making it this far, my brain usually shuts down in most Puyo games by level 6.
Crow

Post by Crow »

so i guess that means it's time to quite being a let's player and go full time into streaming puyo puyo with the end goal of being the world champion now
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine - No Yippee/Yeehaw%

(great job on that chain, raocow)
ImageImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Yeah, if you want to have any success, you pretty much need to hit those combos of 4 or more like you managed to do there, before your opponent can pull off a combo. Piddly little combos of 2 won't cut it (unless you can pull off multiple in rapid succession)

For reference, here's another playthrough on hardest difficulty. see how they win by pulling off large combos:

Also, are you having some input lag issues, or is MBM just a lot more picky about being able to rotate? I don't ever recall having as much issue as you are rotating puyo in both Puyo Puyo CD or Kirby's Avalanche.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Kirby's Avalanche isn't the only other name for Mean Bean Machine / Puyo-Puyo! In Europe, thanks to the foibles of localization, there was yet another name for it:

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

there's something really off about ddd there
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago there's something really off about ddd there
why he have coffee beans for feet

also: a compelling reason for him usually wearing gloves
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

don't forget this on game gear as well

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Crow

Post by Crow »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago there's something really off about ddd there
it's 100% the hands. why does he have humanoid hands. god
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Hm okay