(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by Leet »

I'm repeating myself here but when you characterize the patreon community as private, that makes me feel that me contributing to raocow's patreon would be a breach of their privacy, because I'm part of that bad community they don't want to associate with. Not that I had a choice, or always enjoy the talkhaus myself, but I had no way of knowing that using the official raocow forum instead of the raocow premium plus club was somehow going to be a moral failing that puts me in a different clique.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I mean, there are multiple factors going into my decision of whether or not to become a patron. The impression I have gotten of the community behind the paywall from this discussion (and the general issues at hand) is only one such factor; it just happens to be an unexpectedly negative one. Leet has already worded this sentiment better than I probably could so I won't bother repeating her.

Also this post appears to have been made in seriousness and no one has yet questioned the validity of it despite ample opportunity to do so, which suggests there's at least some truthfulness to it, which also does not reflect well on the community behind the paywall. But, again, I'd appreciate confirmation one way or the other on this before I spend energy getting irritated.

For what it's worth, if there is not actually an official All the Sonics list outside of raoguy's private notes, then I'm certainly not going to hold that against anyone. The seeming-delay simply sprang to mind how long it took the All the Mega Men list to go public.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago Also this post appears to have been made in seriousness and no one has yet questioned the validity of it despite ample opportunity to do so, which suggests there's at least some truthfulness to it, which also does not reflect well on the community behind the paywall. But, again, I'd appreciate confirmation one way or the other on this before I spend energy getting irritated.
I specifically didn't want to bring that up as it relates to some talkhaus posts (from earlier this year) that have since been deleted, but I will say the other person in that incident felt very hurt by what happened. If you want to take it to PMs, I can try to explain a bit more.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

for what it's worth the all the megaman list appeared here first
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

Like, I was planning to join next month now that I've graduated college and am starting a job, but like, this kind of makes me feel like I shouldn't?? Maybe???
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago I'm repeating myself here but when you characterize the patreon community as private, that makes me feel that me contributing to raocow's patreon would be a breach of their privacy, because I'm part of that bad community they don't want to associate with.
I don't think you should read it that way and if that is what's actually being said, then it would be a bit of a different problem. It wouldn't be the supposed elitism of patrons but about the current community of patrons not wanting to be intruded by new contributors from talkhaus. So the beef is with not about whether they contribute but with them.

Otherwise, once you become a patron you have as much right to participate as other existing patrons, nothing wrong with that right?
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago Otherwise, once you become a patron you have as much right to participate as other existing patrons, nothing wrong with that right?
Right, there's nothing wrong with that at all. New people join all the time and are welcomed with open arms.
WhimWidget
WhimWhimWhimWhimWhim
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by WhimWidget »

As a heads up, I posted thoughts at the end of the previous page.
Leet wrote: I'm repeating myself here but when you characterize the patreon community as private, that makes me feel that me contributing to raocow's patreon would be a breach of their privacy, because I'm part of that bad community they don't want to associate with. Not that I had a choice, or always enjoy the talkhaus myself, but I had no way of knowing that using the official raocow forum instead of the raocow premium plus club was somehow going to be a moral failing that puts me in a different clique.
To reiterate, no such wall exists:
The place is only private only in it's accessibility through patreon. There is nothing on not sharing what goes on there generally.
Many people are in both places (myself included), and content is shared between the two, although not explicitly mentioned to be sourced there.
Defamatory gossip is generally frowned upon. I've honestly heard nothing of the sort of anyone talking down the talkhaus.

It's kind of unfortunately that ironically now spotzone as a whole community might be talked down about in the thread, based on uncertain generalised information answered to the wrong context.

Kilgamayan wrote: Also this post appears to have been made in seriousness and no one has yet questioned the validity of it despite ample opportunity to do so, which suggests there's at least some truthfulness to it, which also does not reflect well on the community behind the paywall. But, again, I'd appreciate confirmation one way or the other on this before I spend energy getting irritated.
I think case and point on the contrary of it having little to do with the community, is hardly anyone was really involved in the drama to speak about it here now. I wasn't really sure what was being referred to until later this discussion. Problem is, it characterised the discussion about spotzone, rather than on the drama.

From what I recall (or admittedly spectulate some of), the incident's ties to spotzone:
-Someone felt they were being personally attacked after they were requested to do something.
-The person being accused of attacking decided to inquire what to do on the spotzone, to get thoughts and end the misconceptions of motive and bring an understanding.
-An image of part of the chat was taken and shared somewhere, and I think was strawmanned into the idea that people were plotting to attack the initial person (and interpreted to be defamatory gossip).
-Drama and misconceptions on what people are asking for escalates further in the talkhaus as a result.
Last edited by WhimWidget 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet

Post by Leet »

WhimWidget wrote: 4 years ago It's kind of unfortunately that ironically now spotzone as a whole community is being talked down about on this thread, based on uncertain generalised information.
What I'm saying is my honest reaction to how the situation was presented by sajewers, that the people there want nothing to do with the talkhaus and don't want them to have crossover. This may not be a full picture of the truth. But what I'm saying is my reaction to that information specifically. "How do I know if I'm someone that they hate or not? I probably just shouldn't join so I don't make people uncomfortable by breaching their privacy." (That's more talking myself down than them.)

And my broader point is that presenting this kind of image is kind of a bad thing to do to the finances of the patreon itself.
Last edited by Leet 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
WhimWidget
WhimWhimWhimWhimWhim

Post by WhimWidget »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago
WhimWidget wrote: 4 years ago It's kind of unfortunately that ironically now spotzone as a whole community is being talked down about on this thread, based on uncertain generalised information.
What I'm saying is my honest reaction to how the situation was presented by sajewers, that the people there want nothing to do with the talkhaus and don't want them to have crossover. This may not be a full picture of the truth. But what I'm saying is my reaction to that information specifically. "How do I know if I'm someone that they hate or not? I probably just shouldn't join so I don't make people uncomfortable." (That's more talking myself down than them.)
I had to rephrase that, but I edited too late because I realised it sounded like it to your quote. That wasn't directed at you or your quote, that was more pointing out the direction this whole discussion took from what was referred to and when, and the subsequent result - so we could avoid having this happen.

For reference, I changed it to
It's kind of unfortunately that ironically now spotzone as a whole community might be talked down about in the thread, based on uncertain generalised information answered to the wrong context.
My bad, about the inital phrasing nyoro~n
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

What I'm saying is my honest reaction to how the situation was presented by sajewers, that the people there want nothing to do with the talkhaus and don't want them to have crossover. This may not be a full picture of the truth. But what I'm saying is my reaction to that information specifically. "How do I know if I'm someone that they hate or not? I probably just shouldn't join so I don't make people uncomfortable by breaching their privacy." (That's more talking myself down than them.)

And my broader point is that presenting this kind of image is kind of a bad thing to do to the finances of the patreon itself.
That's not what I was saying at all. What I was saying was that because it's a walled garden by virtue of being behind a pawyall, I don't feel comfortable posting anything from there outside of it without permission, and that, as time has gone on, it's become largely its own separate community (though still of raocow fans), not unlike that of the discordhaus, or codehaus, or JUMP team.
Leet

Post by Leet »

SAJewers wrote: 4 years ago That's not what I was saying at all.
SAJewers wrote: It's not that, rather, patapons in the spotzone consider it a much more welcoming place than the talkhaus, and take issue with some of the people and things here.
[...]
However, there are people who are not or longer part of talkhaus and have no desire to be, and previous interactions were not positive, which has largely ended up leaving the spotzone as a place separate from the talkhaus, rather than an extension of the talkhaus for patreons. That's why i try not to post spotzone stuff here, not because i'm an eliteist, but because i want to respect people's spaces.
As a Schrodinger's "issue person", I think the best thing I can do to respect their space is not enter it. This is a very logical conclusion for me to make based on these quotes, IMO.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

for what it's worth nobody ever really posts about talkhaus? Like I now it seems people get the picture that people are actively talking down on talkhaus or something but no, like that doesn't happen at all, it's basically never part of any conversation unless I posted something on talkhaus that I haven't posted yet there. Like I can't vouch for every single individual but you never, ever see posts about how it's great to be in spotzone instead of talkhaus, nobody ever bashes random at random, nobody goes 'oh man I'm sure glad I'm at this premium exclusive raocow server away from the plebs', nothing like that ever happens at all. Talkhaus is never mentioned, it's just its own thing.
raocow

Post by raocow »

it's like it's just fans bunched up together
for some people a discord is more conveniant than a classic forum

like sure because it existed for a few years there's some differences in culture but to me it's nuts to think that there's a different 'them'

god damn it, where did i screw edup
Leet

Post by Leet »

It's okay raocow, I believe you. I'm more taking issue with the image as presented to me than I am necessarily taking that image as truth.
raocow

Post by raocow »

but that's the thing, what can I do to change that image, what can I do to show the real image
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

SAJewers wrote: 4 years ago That's not what I was saying at all.
SAJewers wrote: It's not that, rather, patapons in the spotzone consider it a much more welcoming place than the talkhaus, and take issue with some of the people and things here.
[...]
However, there are people who are not or longer part of talkhaus and have no desire to be, and previous interactions were not positive, which has largely ended up leaving the spotzone as a place separate from the talkhaus, rather than an extension of the talkhaus for patreons. That's why i try not to post spotzone stuff here, not because i'm an eliteist, but because i want to respect people's spaces.
As a Schrodinger's "issue person", I think the best thing I can do to respect their space is not enter it. This is a very logical conclusion for me to make based on these quotes, IMO.
That I was largely referring to an incident on here I don't really want to get into. I get the feeling people are still very much hurt over that. And where there have been a couple of people who did take issue with certain things that happened with the talkhaus more than a year ago, largely the talkhaus is never brought up, outside of that incident and people complaing about sebby.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

OK, looking back, it turns out what I thought were two times someone had bad-mouthed the the talkhaus was in fact discussion on the amount of hate for something, and, while the talkhaus was mentioned, it was a lot more general, and included the spotzone and yt comments into that

So yeah, I'll admit i'm wrong there, and retract all of that. Sorry about that. What I thought was people not wanting to associate with the talkhaus was in face just people just railing on hate in general.

EDIT: So while that does leave that incident that was brought up, that's largely an isolated thing, and should shouldn't be taken as an indictment towards the spotzone or the talkhaus.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago As a Schrodinger's "issue person", I think the best thing I can do to respect their space is not enter it. This is a very logical conclusion for me to make based on these quotes, IMO.
I have to admit, I feel the same way there. Especially as I've never exactly kept my disdain for the "spotzone" a secret.
raocow wrote: 4 years ago god damn it, where did i screw edup
You never did anything wrong, rao. It's other people involved who've painted the wrong picture of the place. In my case, growing up poor, I've just always felt very sensitive about monetary-based exclusions, is all. It's a personal matter, and not your fault.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

YelseyKing wrote: 4 years ago
Leet wrote: 4 years ago As a Schrodinger's "issue person", I think the best thing I can do to respect their space is not enter it. This is a very logical conclusion for me to make based on these quotes, IMO.
I have to admit, I feel the same way there. Especially as I've never exactly kept my disdain for the "spotzone" a secret.
People were actually legitimately concerned for you when you posted something somewhere that was taken to mean you were contemplating suicide, and were very glad to hear you were ok. PEople definitely consider you a good person and hoped for the best for you. (is this helps)
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: COMING UP NEXT (and other discussion)

Post by Awoo »

I generally do my best to avoid internet drama, and that's one of the reasons I don't use Discord. Not that there's anything particularly wrong with it, but it's a much faster paced talkplace and my laptop is pretty much a 10+ year old potato that I got for free like 4-5 years ago.

I don't think you've done anything wrong at all, cowrao, so don't go beating yourself up over small tidbits of information being miscommunicated. For what it's worth, I think you're a neat guy and I enjoy your content very much, and I try to watch as many of your videos with the ads enabled as I can to help you.
I'll likely donate to your patapon at some point, but I'd like to get my credit card debt nailed down before the end of the year so I can use a neat financial trick or two to give even further ;3
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow

Post by raocow »

in a change of subject: super mario 63 is coming up, anyone knows a safe place to play this, or even better a way to play it without relying on a browser? Strictly speaking Newgrounds has it but since I use chrome Flash is just kinda not working, but newgrounds advertises some kind of flash browser thing. Anyone got experience with that, if it's safe/reliable/will save things ?
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

raocow

Post by raocow »

alright got it working, crisis averted
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Since I never played dkc2, does anyone have an estimate on how many videos are left on it?
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes