(shouting)

Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, this is a stick-up. Kindly hand over your things.

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your pipes

Post by Rixithechao »

blargh, was hoping to quickly catch up and get right back into this LP after getting back from my own road trip, but as of writing this I'm still like 3 videos behind :?

Well, uh, here's a delayed Banson's Aria post!

I've always understood the lyrics to be just Italian music terms with a few other words mixed in that are either from other languages or just straight-up Italian-sounding gibberish. Then I found this transcription:
ProphetStorm wrote: I'm listening to his theme as we speak. A rough transcription:
Vortato staccato y fortissimo, Rubato allegro ooh la la!
Argilmente prelectorgino, smorfioso tese tuba!
Garbamente galderoso, stracci carlando naruna!
Largamente imitando imperioso di colta!

No clue what 'vortato, argilmente, prelectorgino, galderoso, carlando' or 'naruna' are, but what I have been able to translate is 'rapid and loud, stolen quickly, ooh la la.' I think Smorfioso, oddly enough, is Italian for 'smurfy', and Garbamente is probably clothed., The last phrase, largamente imitando imperioso di colta, seems to be 'largely imitation, but sounding important,' summing up the whole gist of the song.
Some of the words sounded different to me than what they wrote... and also 'smurfy'... so I did some googling and ran it by an Italian (thanks Darkonius!):
Discord Chatlogs wrote: rockythechaoToday at 3:04 AM
Arglimente sounds like it could possibly be Ágilmente, which is apparently Spanish for "nimbly; quickly"

Darkonius MavakarToday at 3:06 AM
No
Agilmente is also italian
And yes it means nimble
Smorfioso is an insult btw
Garbamente means "gently, with class"
Not "clothed"

rockythechaoToday at 3:12 AM
is prelectorgino at all accurate to what is being sung? to me it sounded like, gregregorgino or something, maybe some of those Gs are hard C/K sounds? tried a few different variants but didn't get any google results, but it sounds similar to gregorian [chant]... again, if that's at all close to what he's saying
1:02 in the video

Darkonius MavakarToday at 3:29 AM
Well this is difficult to hear
The music is too loud
He is saying a full sentence
"agilmente io ---" and then the music is too loud
Yeah i got nothing, music too loud
I can't make it out
It's safe to say that most of the words here are said without any reasoning

rockythechaoToday at 3:34 AM
can you think of any word or set of words that sound similar to like, grey grey gorg ee no
that's what I'm able to make out

Darkonius MavakarToday at 3:35 AM
I dont know honestly

rockythechaoToday at 3:35 AM
and so far yeah it sounds like there's no actual flow to what's being said, but it does seem like the words and phrases are all thematically appropriate at least
fair

Darkonius MavakarToday at 3:36 AM
Ye he is just either insulting hatsworth
Saying he is great
And
Just saying musical terms
Thar's about it

rockythechaoToday at 3:38 AM
did prophetstorm get the translation of this part right at least?
> The last phrase, largamente imitando imperioso di colta, seems to be 'largely imitation, but sounding important,' summing up the whole gist
because if that's accurate it makes it all the more hilarious

Darkonius MavakarToday at 3:38 AM
Where is that last part

rockythechaoToday at 3:39 AM
1:25
the transcription matches what I'm hearing, at least from what I can tell

Darkonius MavakarToday at 3:46 AM
Yeah that's correct
Looking back, I wish I double-checked more parts of the transcription to see if I'd have any luck with doing the "grey grey gorg" thing for them. But eh, raocow's long since past this point and I was supposed to get to bed over five hours ago.
EDIT: As of adding this line it's two rollercoastery days later, I'm even further behind, and I'm realizing I didn't actually publish this post. welp. I'm guessing raocow's already gotten to the w3 boss at this point and it's looking less and less likely that I'm going to catch up relatively soon so if someone wants to take over as the boss music person and handle the stuff in the below spoiler tag, be my guest.
If rao hasn't discovered any secret exits by the time he's partway through world 5, possibly approach him about revisiting the previous worlds for cleanup. Again, the best approach may be starting extremely vague and using ispoiler tags for tips of increasing specificity so raocow can decide how much direction he wants, like:

there are noteworthy secrets throughout the game you may want to showcase > the noteworthy secrets are in [these specific levels] > they are alternate routes which lead to new content

On top of the risk of ruining the chance of discovery for the secret levels, when you tell him will also imply that world 5 is the last world and there's no secret extra world after it or anything like that. And the final boss is probably an ideal ending point for the LP. So keep those things in mind. Gotta go, I'm on a time crunch
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Can we just let rao play through the game like he is? This is already a series I have to watch at 2X speed, we don't need an entire world and a half extra added in to it, IMO.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

A spoiler-riffic question, for those who are familiar with the game (which I am not).
Will the game's ending be different if raocow reaches it without having found any secret levels/exits?
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago
Can we just let rao play through the game like he is? This is already a series I have to watch at 2X speed, we don't need an entire world and a half extra added in to it, IMO.
Not only is this exceedingly your own problem, of course raocow is going to wonder what's up when he beats the game and it doesn't say 100%. Those levels are gonna be played either way.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Arright so this is absolutely my last post in this thread for a while.
Voltgloss wrote: A spoiler-riffic question, for those who are familiar with the game (which I am not).
Will the game's ending be different if raocow reaches it without having found any secret levels/exits?
I'm fuzzy on whether I ever 100%ed the game myself. Part of me feels like any completion reward I might've gotten was something minor like a congrats image.

Personally I don't care if raocow never sees or learns about the secret levels or gets any 100% reward as long as he has fun with the game and is satisfied with what he plays. But the secret levels should be worth playing on their own merits and any benefits from the resulting rewards are probably worth getting (I've only refreshed myself on which levels have secret exits and the one reward we discussed earlier in the thread, so I can't comment on the rest of the optional content).
Leet wrote:
of course raocow is going to wonder what's up when he beats the game and it doesn't say 100%. Those levels are gonna be played either way.
This isn't directed at Leet specifically, it's just my final statement on the whole matter in general as a follow-up to her point:
Assuming rao is guaranteed to play them, it would be better if he did them before finishing world 5 because, from my limited recollection of them and my vivid recollection of the game's final boss and ending, I'm fairly confident they're not as strong a note to end the LP on as the actual endgame.

It's still going to be a bit before raocow gets there -- I've been typing this on my phone and I just got a notification for the video, and going by the title I have a pretty good idea of where he is. So yeah, keep waiting to see if rao deduces or discovers them himself (assuming he hasn't already), but if he doesn't by the time he beats the last level with a secret exit (

5-2

) that's probably a safe deadline for y'all to collectively decide whether or not to let him know, and if so, the best way to tell him with minimal backseating and implicit spoilers.
With that said, apologies to everyone sick of me talking so much about this stuff.

Ultimately the LP ending on somewhat of an anticlimax isn't the end of the world.

If I do catch up enough to start posting in here again I'll just stick to reacting to the latest videos.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Rockythechao wrote: 4 years ago
since you can't watch the latest episode right now, he just beat the captain and finished world 3, and, to me, it didn't seem like he had a great time.

Also, he hasn't found any secret levels (or at least it hasn't said he has). To me, based on the last couple videos, I highly doubt he'll even try for 100% as well.

Keep in mind the tweet i posted in the backseating thread; this is raocow's playthrough, not yours (or mine, or <name person here>'s. If he doesn't find any secret exits, then someone should ask him if he wants to be told what he's missed just before the final boss, or say so after the final boss (where imo spoiler issues can thrown out)
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago
Not only is this exceedingly your own problem, of course raocow is going to wonder what's up when he beats the game and it doesn't say 100%. Those levels are gonna be played either way.
Might not be your intention, but the tone I'm getting here is "fuck your opinion, and double fuck you for having it."
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Leet

Post by Leet »

Read the words instead
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

Since when does raocow leave a game un-completed? He always tries his best to show as much contents as he can manage, and this won't be any different. Just give him a chance to realize he's missing something by himself. If he goes to tag a video as THE FINALE without realizing it, we got like a full on team on the discordhaus ready to tell him about it.

Honestly, just hearing raocow's reaction to finding out by himself would be incredible.
video games
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Mandew wrote: 4 years ago
Since when does raocow leave a game un-completed?

he left Rex Rocket uncompleted/didn't 100% it, and didn't do the postgame for Hina's Fluffy Dream. Probably a few others too.

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago Read the words instead
Same vibe, dude. I know what you meant here, but...
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago Read the words instead
Same vibe, dude. I know what you meant here, but...
I'm reading the same words and I can't see how you arrived at your previous conclusion as to the tone of it...
fart.
Nimono

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your shoes

Post by Nimono »

I'm honestly shocked raocow's still playing this game. I beat it, I sorta enjoyed it... But it REALLY starts bashing your brains in from this point on, and doesn't want to let up. This...really isn't the kind of game for raocow, and I really would not be upset if he decided to stop playing it right here and now. I wanna watch him have fun and make non-sequiturs, not bash his head against a wall in frustration and pain because he feels he "has" to finish a game that he's thoroughly not enjoying. :(
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

This was certainly a really difficult boss fight. It starts off with some simple enough, albeit painful, attacks (I haven't bought any of the upgrades, so I can potentially die in just two hits if I'm not careful). But once the nurse starts spitting those pills out is when things really start to get difficult. It can be difficult to predict where the pills will bounce around, and when attacking the enemies you have to keep an eye on the boss or you'll likely get hit by a heavily damaging attack.

After the crushing walls (which are honestly a bit of a breather) what looks like icicles will start falling, and these things can really screw up the puzzle if you let them fall down there. It looks like they disappear eventually (though I didn't actually last long enough to find that out myself), but they seem to last for a really long time. On my winning run I was able to prevent even a single one from reaching the puzzle (luckily I had some of those X items, which let me destroy them with one hit) and it made a big difference.

Things don't get any easier when you go down into the water; in fact, this might be the hardest part. The water slows you down, making it difficult to get out of harm's way, and the nurse regularly spits pills, making things even more difficult. Fortunately I discovered a few things that make this part more manageable. First, when the nurse inflates for the first time the way she bounces around becomes much more predictable. And second, the crouch attack is really effective at quickly getting the enemies out of your way.

With those things in mind I came up with the strategy to damage the nurse enough to make her inflate once, then just focus on the enemies until I was able to use the robot suit. Even with the robot suit, I wasn't sure if I was going to make it, but fortunately the blast from the robot suit exploding was enough to finish the fight. Overall I think I died five or six times on this fight, and personally I enjoyed the challenge. Anyway, there's a new world coming up next, so I'm looking forward to seeing what that's like.

Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

This boss didn't seem fun at all. I mean, the combat in general doesn't seem fun, but hey, haven't played the thing so i can't say for sure.
Is it possible to remove those spikes on the bottom screen by touching or pulling them? They seem to be there for an awfully long time if that's not the case.
ImageImage
Leet

Post by Leet »

The entire atmosphere of this boss kind of creeps me out
LunarRainbowShyGuy

After the second and third world introduced mechanics that significantly changed up the gameplay, I was almost a bit disappointed coming into this world. There's the blocks that change colour when you step on or attack them and disappear when you match three in a row (which I'm surprised how far raocow went without realizing how they worked), but I feel like they aren't used to there full potential. Then again, I'm guessing that they'll probably show up more later and this is just their introduction.

There's also the new dash ability, but unlike the wall jump things don't really seem designed around it; there's not even any kind of tutorial section for it. As a result I must have gotten at least halfway through the level until I even realized I had it. Then I forgot about it again, to the point that I almost forgot to mention it here.

While this level doesn't introduce anything amazing, and the new ability is rather forgettable, at least the robot suit has some fun new attacks to mess with. Speaking of the robot suit, the thing raocow mentioned about how getting hit too much completely drains your super meter is part of the reason I usually use the suit as soon as it's ready; if I try to save it for later there's a good chance I might lose it, so I just figure I might as well forgo the risk entirely. There have been a few times where doing so has resulted in a kind of awkward situation, but for the most part it works pretty well. And one more thing to note, the amount of super meter you're left with if you get damaged out of your young state while at full super meter is the same amount you're left with after using the robot suit.

Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your culottes

Post by Awoo »

raocow's learned to save money, hooray! :pal:

So, a hat, shoes, pants, and a... pipe? That seems like kind of an odd combination. Is the master piece a bow tie? That'd make sense to me but I have no idea!

Kind of neat that the entire world here is Zebraspace
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your culottes

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago raocow's learned to save money, hooray! :pal:

So, a hat, shoes, pants, and a... pipe? That seems like kind of an odd combination. Is the master piece a bow tie? That'd make sense to me but I have no idea!

Kind of neat that the entire world here is Zebraspace
The bow tie is a reflector, calling it.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

The electric guitar music that plays when you enter the puzzle in one of the stage themes really reminds me of Full Bore. I can't help but think of that game every time I hear it.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Henry Hatsworth - Ladies and gentlemen, kindly remove your Boar

Post by Awoo »

kitikami wrote: 4 years ago The electric guitar music that plays when you enter the puzzle in one of the stage themes really reminds me of Full Bore. I can't help but think of that game every time I hear it.
Same! Man I miss watching raocow's Full Boar LP. Great game :3
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

hat's out of the bag hardy harr harr

if you want to expand the game by a whole ten+ videos (aka two worlds' worth, plus actual unlocking)
1-1, 1-4
2-3, 2-4
3-1, 3-5
4-1, 4-4
5-1, 5-2
as far as i am aware there's no tell
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Now this is more like what I was expecting coming into this world. The first level was fairly standard, but this level has moving platforms and ice physics to mix things up. And like raocow was saying, that ice is really slippery. The thing that tripped me up the most is that it even has an effect after you jump, so the old trick of just jumping in place to stop moving doesn't really work so well.

Earlier I mentioned the idea of letting the wizard enemies stay alive in the puzzle to give me more blocks to work with. I gave that a try here, and it worked fairly well, although you do have to work rather diligently to keep the enemies down low. At one point I let the enemies get too high, and while I managed to keep them from escaping the puzzle, in my panic I accidentally destroyed the wizard, putting an end to it raising the puzzle.

Also, since raocow seems to have forgotten how to use the robot suit's new attacks, here's a quick reminder: both of the new robot suit attacks are aerial attacks activated by holding the down direction and pressing one of the attack buttons (A or Y) while in the air.

Nimono

Post by Nimono »

For raocow regarding something he said in today's video (don't read if you don't want to know the answer!):
Yes, some secret levels do indeed have secret pieces of the Gentleman's Outfit. They don't actually give you new abilities, they just buff some stats. Think of them like ammo capacity upgrades in various Castlevanias or Metroids or the like.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

I wasn't expecting raocow to go back and start looking for secret exits. Anyway, this secret level doesn't have anything new, but I still enjoyed it; fighting on top of those sinking platforms is fun, and it's nice to see the basic little frog enemies with them being pretty scarce in later levels. And here they even have entire hordes of them. Although with all the enemies and sinking platforms here the game seems to be rather prone to slowing down. I got one of the hordes of enemies caught up in a rocket punch from the robot suit and the game really started chugging.