(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Re: All The S@nics - SegaSonic Popcorn Shop - Crank That

Post by Arctangent »

popcorn, feat. tail's true super power of shrinking and growing in the blink of an eye
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

This is kinda fascinating in a video games history context. It's great that there's people who buy PCB boards for stupid little things like this just so we can get them forever archived, since the owners of these things would never waste their time and effort doing that.
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

software preservation is a long, difficult, and thankless ambition. people who buy priceless things and refuse to dump/reveal them for no other reason other than to maintain ownership of Pure Imparted Value are the true dr. robotniks.

also speaking of dr. robotnik, did he take ballet lessons as a child or what, because his pointe is on point
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

If I'm not mistaken, the three available flavors in the selection screen were salt (duh), butter (duh) and curry (odd but makes me curious as to how it tastes). I find it strange that caramel or sugar aren't included, but that's okay.

This gives me a bit of ye ol' kernel kravings. Salt and butter sorta guy by the way, sweet flavors are a bit too sweet for me. Nothing like just popping in an old LP like Sonic 2 Special Edition whilst eating a huge bowl of the popcos, imo.

Reecer7 wrote: software preservation is a long, difficult, and thankless ambition. people who buy priceless things and refuse to dump/reveal them for no other reason other than to maintain ownership of Pure Imparted Value are the true dr. robotniks.
Further proof as to why capitalism is toxic.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

we didn't get a review of the popcorn he recieved D:

i demand to know how the popcorn was
raocow wrote: 4 years ago Image

Heavy Sigh wrote: If a technical problem occurs at any point, the machine will display an error screen featuring Eggman chasing Tails as the factory explodes, and the message "PLEASE ASK FOR ASSISTANCE" flashes on the screen, along with Sonic telling the user to call for a shop assistant as he chases Eggman. The music that plays on this screen is a rendition of the map screen music from SegaSonic the Hedgehog.
video of that:
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Eggman is a little scary in this game
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

Geez, I'm expecting an encounter with Gygas at this point.
Grounder

Re: All The S@nics - SegaSonic the Hedgehog - Watch out! You're gonna crash! Ahh!

Post by Grounder »

went2fast
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: All The S@nics - SegaSonic the Hedgehog - Watch out! You're gonna crash! Ahh!

Post by Crow »

i have no clue what the hell is happening
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

SegaSonic the Hedgehog (セガソニック・ザ・ヘッジホッグ) (often referred to as SegaSonic Arcade) is an arcade game created by Sega AM3, and released for Sega's System 32 arcade hardware in 1993. SegaSonic the Hedgehog was the first arcade Sonic the Hedgehog game to be released and one of the only Sonic games that has never been released on a home platform in any form.

In SegaSonic the Hedgehog, players can choose from three characters: Sonic the Hedgehog, Mighty the Armadillo, or Ray the Flying Squirrel. This is Mighty's first appearance in a video game, but while he went on to star in a few other games, Ray was not so lucky. Aside from the occasional joke, Ray's only appearance was in this game.

Which is honestly not much of a loss, as all three characters are little more than skins of one another, with neither Ray nor Mighty having anything to distinguish them from Sonic. However, the game does support three player co-op.

The characters were controlled by trackballs combined with one action button, allowing the player to perform a jumping spin attack. Each of the trackballs and their corresponding action buttons are color-coded (blue for Sonic, red for Mighty and yellow for Ray).

SegaSonic the Hedgehog is also one of the first games to give the characters on-screen dialog.

Voice actors
Sonic the Hedgehog: Takeshi Kusao
Ray the Flying Squirrel: Hinako Kanamaru
Mighty the Armadillo: Yusuke Numata
Dr. Eggman: Masaharu Sato
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago i have no clue what the hell is happening
well, raocow accidentally picked a flying squirrel and called him a monkey a few times
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

It doesn't look like there's a ton interesting going on here in terms of gameplay, but man is the animation beautiful
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Man, I adore how this game looks, and it's a shame that it's never been ported anywhere; I say it would fair pretty well on a touch screen!
Also raocow, i don't know if you have a drawing tablet, but maybe that might feel more natural to play with?
ImageImage
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

So if this works anything like that one bowling ball game my dad got for me, you are supposed make a long sweeping motion with your mouse, lift it off the ground, and slam it back down to where you began. Just make sure you don't slide backwards as you lift the mouse.
Though that drawing tablet idea might work better. Just don't wreck it by slamming your stylus.

Odd that they made this a 3-player arcade game. Most games those days were just 2 player. Also strange they created 2 new characters, as opposed to just using Tails, and then invent 1 new guy.

Are the Chaos Emeralds in this game. From what I vaguely remember of a gameplay video, there is some sort of bonus for getting them all.

Not that this is gonna happen with raocow.
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

to be fair, it definitely sounded like that squirrel went uki uki, so i also assumed it was a monkey
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

This game looks like it would be a little more fun if the trackball thing worked better with the emulator here. I've seen a playthrough of it before, but it was so long ago that I barely remember it.
Heavy Sigh wrote: 4 years agoFun Sonic Facts!

Well, there is Sonic Mania Plus for Ray's return!

SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Bean wrote: 4 years ago This game looks like it would be a little more fun if the trackball thing worked better with the emulator here. I've seen a playthrough of it before, but it was so long ago that I barely remember it.
Would probably work best if he used a trackball instead of a standard mouse

(for reference here's another trackball game being played with a trackball instead of a regular mouse. cs: clowns)
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The S@nics - SegaSonic the Hedgehog - Watch out! You're gonna crash! WOAH!

Post by Awoo »

Do they still make trackball mice? I haven't seen one since like the mid-90's
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Ray is really cute, I wanna give him a hug.

Fun fact, this game and Sonic the Fighters were available in the sports game area of Sega World London in the Piccadilly Trocadero.
It's possibly the only area in the western world that had access to this game without having to resort to MAME.

Text translation (spoilers for later areas):
Act 0:
くたばれ (ソニック/レイ/マイティー)!
Drop dead, (Sonic/Ray/Mighty)!

安心するのはまだ早いぞ
このエッグマン島から脱出できるかな?
Don't think you're off that easily!
Think you can escape Eggman Island?

Act 1: Volcanic Vault
この島の恐ろしさを思い知れ!!
Witness the terror of this island!

Act 2: Icy Isle
今度はこうだッ!
I'll get you this time!

Act 3: Desert Dodge
ふっとんでしまえー
I'll blow you away!

Act 4: Trap Tower
まだまだ
You'll have to do better than that!

Act 7: Eggman's Tower
ちくしょー!!
Drats!

これで最後だ
This is the end of the line...

塔もろとも
ふっとんでしまえー
I'll blow you to smithereens along with the tower!
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The S@nics - SegaSonic the Hedgehog - Watch out! Those controls are... Bleh!

Post by Awoo »

Ouch, that was... painful to watch. Any idea how to improve the controls? :ehh:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

So raocow, can you tell us how you are controlling the game?
Judging by Sonic's actions, it looks like your inputting in one direction, then inputting the opposite.

Are there Chaos Emeralds in this game?
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago Fun fact, this game and Sonic the Fighters were available in the sports game area of Sega World London in the Piccadilly Trocadero.
It's possibly the only area in the western world that had access to this game without having to resort to MAME.
At least one US arcade (Galloping Ghost, of course) has it playable! It's super fun when there's a working trackball at your disposal.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Wesley wrote: 4 years ago So raocow, can you tell us how you are controlling the game?
Does it look like raocow is controlling this game to you?