(shouting)

Need help to block/remove a recommended, non-generated Youtube Playlist

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Need help to block/remove a recommended, non-generated Youtube Playlist

Post by Picochilla »

Sry for the long title, but this is something that is a little bit annoying.

Youtube starts since a Month to recommend me a Shitpost Playlist with over 500 10-60 second clips from various channels from some random dead 300 subscriber channel that doesn't even fit in my History (My history is mostly about Gaming and Music) at all and such. The Problem there is that Playlists are unable to giving the option of "Not intrested" because this system only works for stand alone Videos and not for a created Playlist.

Blocking the channel doesn't work because it seems only affecting that this Person is unable to post Comments to me and my Videos. Existing Add-Ons/Scripts wont do it either since they also only work for stand alone Videos and not for a created Playlist.
Oh and i really tried to contact the Support from Youtube but as i expected they just giving the standartized anwer of "the algorithm suits your history of what you do *blah blah* delete your history etc" thing. I really did deleting my watch and search history (search is paused aswell cuz i don't really need that) but didn't change nothing at all. Just keeps popping in on the top of the list whenever it desires. Really tried to re-contact them but they just now seem in a "we gave him the answer so eff this guy" state since they never answered me back.
Tried to google for this issue aswell and there are some threads about it but they all have no replies.

Now i thought to write here something because there are a lot of smart People in this Forum they have an idea what i can do to block or remove this Playlist out of my recommendations.
Sure i can click on "Cinema Mode" to pust the list downwards to remove the playlist from fiew but i really often see stuff on the recommendation list i find intresting at the time running trought Videos so i really want to see the list right away.

So that's enough talk about a small thing and i really REALLY hope you guys can help me, even how tiny this stupid Problem is i have. If you have still any questions, just go on.
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: Need help to block/remove a recommended, non-generated Youtube Playlist

Post by Ashan »

It's not the algorithm that's wrong, it's your taste that's wrong. You DO want to watch that playlist. Just accept it. The algorithm always knows best. It is infallible and all-powerful.
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

^This is why i have no friends....
They're just mean even if i need help.

And even then, i dont even search for shit like that. i dont have any reason why i should.
100% Approved!
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

watches raocow LPs
recommends nursery rhyme videos from foreign countries

I know how that feels Pico and even I have to suffer with them clustered within my recommended videos. Idk how exactly youtube began to recommend me nursery rhymes, I haven't clicked a single one of them in the first place.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Honestly it's times like this when I wonder if I should stop relying so much on recommended videos to see relevant things from familiar channels and instead make more use of subscriptions to keep up with channels.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

This is the standard intended operation of youtube. Everyone is subject to this. As you know, it has nothing to do with your history and never will. Google could do something about it by throwing out their shitty algorithms altogether, but that's how they get money. There is nothing you can do but not use youtube or perhaps block the entire recommended sidebar.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I think it'll pass, eventually.

Like a kidney stone.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago There is nothing you can do but not use youtube or perhaps block the entire recommended sidebar.
If that is possible to block the entire sidebar i could actually live with that then.

(But it wasn't my intention to make such a ruckus here with that...)

e:/ using now a greasemonkey script for it.
100% Approved!