(shouting)

request grab-bag

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.

i am a dog weasel ?!

very yes
50%
yes
23%
no
16%
very no
11%

Total votes: 240

CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Re: request grab-bag

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago
ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago Just secretly record the whole thing and release one large video a week like cortex
This but unironically if it was intended as a joke
also this but unironically if it was intended as a joke
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Back when Undertale was still relatively completely fresh a number of us requested raocow play it for the same reasons he ended up playing M&L -- we figured he would enjoy the characters and humor, it'd work well as an introduction to RPGs, etc. There were enough of us requesting it that it became a bit of a Thing, and not long after that he mentioned on a patapon video that he was turned off from the game due to the oversaturation of fan stuff for it on tumblr at the time.

I'd personally still enjoy rao LPing the game at some point if he has changed his mind since then or ends up reconsidering at some point in the future, but yeah, only if it could be done in a way where he can just enjoy it on his own terms. And short of prerecording the full playthrough or waiting another year or two for this community to sort out the backseating issues and any remaining overzealous parts of the Undertale fandom to mellow out or possibly even move on to the full version of Deltarune... yeah.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago
KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago tales of phantasia tbh.
I mean I've only played the more modern tales game and those are ALL a hundred hours each so is phantasia... not that?
this was a snes game originally so it's like 20-ish hours long?
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

As far as raocow's 'games I would never play', I think Undertale is right beside Minecraft.

Cave Story used to be there too, but I think that has come off the list.
Years ago I thought 'What about a Cave Story hack?' I played played a few (demos), and thought they had a lot of potential. Some time later I asked that hacking community for suggestions for a good one rao could LP, but I can't remember if anyone suggested anything good.
I don't even know if the Cave Story hacking community is even alive anymore.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Cave Story was the Undertale of its time - it seemed like everybody was Let's Playing it.

I'd actually like to see raocow try the NES Ninja Gaiden games. Or at least, I'd like to see them if it wasn't for the fact that they're one of the major contributors to Trap Jump Syndrome.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

10204307 wrote: 4 years agoIt's easy to be turned off by the intense buzz surrounding the game, since everyone and their annoying dog has played it, but at its core it's still a very good game, and I think it would be a fun time for everyone.
I think it's less that everyone's played it than for months nobody would shut the hell up about the game. Personally I had zero interest in it to begin with. After everyone screaming about it for months on end all across the internet I have even less interest in it.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I think if people talked about it for an extended period it's possible it would get me curious about it and give it a shot (which was the case for me here, I eventually gave the music a listen and thought it was well done before I played the game myself).

People talking about it continually for months doesn't decide whether you'll gain or lose interest. It's really the nature and presentation of the game that will do that.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago People talking about it continually for months doesn't decide whether you'll gain or lose interest.
Regrettably not true, considering the anecdotes in this thread. It shouldn't negatively influence people's interest! But people let it.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

i love being victimized by middle schoolers
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years agoI think if people talked about it for an extended period it's possible it would get me curious about it and give it a shot (which was the case for me here, I eventually gave the music a listen and thought it was well done before I played the game myself).

People talking about it continually for months doesn't decide whether you'll gain or lose interest. It's really the nature and presentation of the game that will do that.
Well as I said I already had zero interest in it in the first place. Having to constantly hear about something I couldn't care less about if I tried isn't ever going to make me more interested in it. It's the same reason I don't like Star Wars. I used to like it. Then I had a friend in high school who basically did nothing but talk about Star Wars 24/7. You just get tired of hearing about it and want nothing to do with it anymore.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I mean, all of American culture won't shut up about Star Wars. Which I would think would make everyone dislike it, but I see this kind of complaint more about Undertale than I do about Star Wars. (This is just an irrelevant personal observation)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Alice wrote: 4 years agoPeople talking about it continually for months doesn't decide whether you'll gain or lose interest. It's really the nature and presentation of the game that will do that.
Well as I said I already had zero interest in it in the first place. Having to constantly hear about something I couldn't care less about if I tried isn't ever going to make me more interested in it. It's the same reason I don't like Star Wars. I used to like it. Then I had a friend in high school who basically did nothing but talk about Star Wars 24/7. You just get tired of hearing about it and want nothing to do with it anymore.
Aw, I'm sorry that happened to you
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
stormie
formerly maou shoujo

Post by stormie »

Once upon a time I voted down Undertale in a patreon poll. Mostly it was RPGs being totally new, along with the fact that it got recommended to everyone, so it didn't seem like raocow's style. Since the ice has been broken on RPGs though, I'll voice support on UT now. IF, and I cannot emphasize this enough, only if rao actively wants to play it. Not gonna force it.

Well okay it helps that in the time between that poll and now, I played UT myself and turned into a huge fan of it. :catplanet: My feelings on UT are long and complicated, but suffice to say that I would tune in to watch just about any streamer or LPer I follow play it. With the caveat of not forcing it on people, of course.

(Also thinking out loud to note that I should join the patreon again someday. I left supporting only because I was short of cash myself. Which is true again at this moment but hopefully not forever.)
occasional watcher of the lets plays and haver of too many usernames
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

And of course it's a mobile game.

I understand that mobile and Switch are the only really viable platforms over in Japan, but you'd think a button-based platformer would be a big enough clue-in for the developers.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

I figure enough time has passed for me to recommend this one again properly.

Surprisingly pretty decent licensed adventure game for the GBC.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

I didn't play the GBC game, but I did play the sequel on the GBA, Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak. It was actually produced by Shigeru Miyamoto himself. Awesome game. If the GBC game is half as good, I'd love to see raocow LP it.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

if we're playing RPGs now

okami!
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

SAJewers wrote: 5 years ago
now out on steam
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Those Hamtaro games look epic. +1. Someone better put them in the next patapon 'cos I'm definitely going to forget about them.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Petzi

Post by Petzi »

The Doctor wrote: 4 years ago I didn't play the GBC game, but I did play the sequel on the GBA, Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak. It was actually produced by Shigeru Miyamoto himself. Awesome game. If the GBC game is half as good, I'd love to see raocow LP it.
Hahaha I remember playing that as a kid! It's such a cute game, it seems like it would fit raocow perfectly.
Oui oui. Je suis très jambon.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

I know "Baba is You" has been mentioned a few times in this thread.

I've been playing it recently and, as a result, I'm now adding my voice to those suggesting it for an LP.

Yes, it's a pure puzzle game. It also has a style, sensibilities, and a fundamental approach that I think will resonate well with raocow's own style, sensibilities, and approach. Making for some quality entertainment, for all involved.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

"Baba is You" will either be the best LP ever or the worst LP ever. However, that is something I am totally willing to take a gamble on.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

i think a baba is you lp would really necessitate raocow being ok with leaving levels unfinished by the end of recording sessions. puzzle games like baba is you are, in general, the types of things you'll want to sleep on sometimes so you can come back to the puzzle with a fresh mind, but baba is you is very extremely that kind of game. substantial progress in an lp of it can be less than "finishing a level" and still feel like substantial progress.

BUT

i totally agree that baba is you has the right tone for a raocow lp, and i think it's a game he'll really enjoy. i'd love to see him give it a try someday!
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

raocow already saw this in the patapon spotzone, but i'll x-post it here to no one else forgets